AV8B - What is / isn't implemented?

N33nor

Read the Pocket Guide.

Is Crystal Clear

That was rather not expected and came out a bit rude.

This is what I would call crystal clear, especially it's an officially communicated by a module devs: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3285514&postcount=13

There is also community maintained list:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196533

But asking to go through circla 100 pages notes document just to find a clear list of what is missing is not exactly fair request.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

That was rather not expected and came out a bit rude.

This is what I would call crystal clear, especially it's an officially communicated by a module devs: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3285514&postcount=13

There is also community maintained list:

But asking to go through circla 100 pages notes document just to find a clear list of what is missing is not exactly fair request.

Thanks for this, I should have been clearer in my question, I have seen this, I was wondering if this list has been updated since the last update and whether some of this list has now been fixed?

Rude?

The Pocket Guide is the best and most complete source of official information about what systems are modelled and not modelled. Every chapter has clear side notes about what is pending and every customer has one copy inside DCS folders.

For me is the best source of information. It was my first read and i have a crystal clear picture about what is done or not yet.

Is a little unfair to say this is rude but i respect your oppinion taking in count the post linked, useful, is not official, and the other is for the F-18. Anyway i still recommend the Pocket Guide as the best OFFICIAL source.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Rude?

The Pocket Guide is the best and most complete source of official information about what systems are modelled and not modelled. Every chapter has clear side notes about what is pending and every customer has one copy inside DCS folders.

For me is the best source of information. It was my first read and i have a crystal clear picture about what is done or not yet.

Is a little unfair to say this is rude but i respect your oppinion taking in count the post linked, useful, is not official, and the other is for the F-18. Anyway i still recommend the Pocket Guide as the best OFFICIAL source.

I have to agree with firmek. It the pocket guid is a really bad answer to the OPs question as it has no comprehensive feature list. It's a manual which explains the Harriers systems. On some places it has notes that certain items are missing, but you can't be seriously expecting someone who just wants to know which feature are available to read through the entire pocket guide and making notes what is missing and what not...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Read the Pocket Guide.

Is Crystal Clear

Rude?

I agree. First thing I did and helped me learn what was working and what was not. Learn the location of the switches, learn new acronyms and abbreviation, etc.

I would also recommend this manuals, they help a lot explaining how it should work, so we know if it working properly

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3304516&postcount=3016

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198073

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=66231

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196896

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3328334&postcount=3

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Maybe i'm totallty wrong.

Please N33nor accept my apologies if you think i was rude. Its not my intention. I always recommend official sources for this kind of things because the forum sometimes is hard to search for.

Thats why for me the Pocket Guide is so good. Anyway sooner or later one must read it to learn the Harrier.

Again sorry.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

No offence taken, I found what I was looking for

DCS AV-8B N/A by RAZBAM

Wing detached pieces shapes included.

HUD updates for all modes.

AGM-122 FM Update.

HUD Day/Night mode updated.

MPCD FLIR video misalignment fixed.

EFM small bugs fixed.

Updated fonts and symbols for MPCD and HUD.

MPCD video and HUD video now have green masks.

GBU-12 ITER load weight fixed.

HUD RWR Symbology added.

Aircraft ground stance fixed.

Crash when landing two of more aircraft AV-8B on Tarava (fix of 1.5.8 beta).

Crash caused by more than one Tarawa ship in ship group - fixed (fix of 1.5.8 beta).

At home I have an excerpt of all items mentioned in the Pocket guide that will be implementet during the development.

I will see if I can upload that later in the evening.

Not sure though if the latest updates has added those missing items...

*** EDIT ****

Here comes the list:

Rear Panel Right:

Ground Power Control panel is not enabled.

NRAS & PC:

NRAS and PC values are fixed. The pilot cannot change them.

Voice Warnings:

Voice warnings are not available.

HUD Control Panel:

The following controls are not available: HUD Symbology Brightness, FLIR Video Controls, MPCD display swap.

UFC Modes & Functions:

Only the following UFC functions/modes are available: TCN, AWL, V/STOL, LASER Code, COM1 & COM2.

MPCD:

The MPCD can be turned ON/OFF by clicking on the OFF/BRT knob. Brightness control is not available.

Main Menu Options:

Only the following pages are available: FLIR, EHSD, DMT, STRS, ENG, TPOD and EW.

INS:

The INS will always be pre-aligned. Alignment options are not available.

Flight Plan:

The pilot can only navigate through a flight plan created in the Mission Editor. The ability to create and modify flight plans in-cockpit will be introduced. MK navigation is not enabled.

V/UHF Radios:

The preset channels can be modified via MISSION EDITOR before the flight start. Only EASY COMMS option is enabled for radio use. Capability to manually change radio frequencies will be enabled.

UFC:

Only the UFC mode is available. MAN mode will be enabled.

EMCON mode is not available.

ODU:

This control is not available.

Target Designator Control (TDC):

TDC Action/No Action modes along with TDC axis command are not available.

Internal Sensors:

Currently the ARBS/DMT TV Mode cannot lock to moving targets. This is still under review.

The ARBS/DMT sensor mode will be subject to modifications/upgrades.

NAVFLIR cool down time is not enabled.

The Brightness function of the Brightness Selector switch, Video Brightness Control and Video Contrast functions are not enabled.

NAVFLIR Hotspot Detector is not available.

Armament Control Panel (ACP):

MANUAL delivery mode is not enabled.

UFC and ODU weapons programming is not available.

Sidewinder SEAM mode is not available.

DSL(1) (manual) delivery mode is not enabled.

AGM-65E/TGM-65E Laser Maverick :

This missile is not available.

AGM-122 Sidearm:

The AGM-122A Sidearm is still under development and has a low hit probability.

Expendables dispensing programming:

This option is not available.

Helmet mounted devices:

The case cannot be seen.

Edited by fjacobsen

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

I'm surprised at the number of people who discounted the pocket guide. It should be the first thing you read through and it does highlight what is working or is WIP. Not to mention it was out weeks before the release for pre-reading.

I guess some just want to jump in and "do stuff" without learning how... To each their own.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Thats my impresión but instead you are in risk to be called rude. Anyway is good to have also a resume in a thread. Nothing against that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks @facobson ... really useful ... I do have the pocket guide, but you just made it easier to see at a glance what is still missing.

Cheers.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I'm surprised at the number of people who discounted the pocket guide. It should be the first thing you read through and it does highlight what is working or is WIP. Not to mention it was out weeks before the release for pre-reading.

I guess some just want to jump in and "do stuff" without learning how... To each their own.

Thats my impresión but instead you are in risk to be called rude. Anyway is good to have also a resume in a thread. Nothing against that.

I did discount the pocket guide as a reference for potential buyers too check quickly what features are included or still missing. Snoopys list is much better for that purpose, as it does exactly that:

So I did this already, went through the entire pocket guide. Been a sticky since “release”

I do however not discount the pocket guide as a reference to actually learn the Harrier. I do quite the opposite and concur with you guys, that it should be the first hand source for learning this module. But this was not the OPs question, as he just wanted a feature list to make a decision on buying it or not. That's at least how I understood it.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

This is not related to the thread.

Missing features is different from bugs.

And in the first post he never said It was a decisión on buying or not. It was for making MP missions.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is not related to the thread.

Missing features is different from bugs.

The OP did not ask about bugs?

Tornado3 small.jpg

No.

He was asking for things implemented and not implemented in Early Access

He said "impelented so far". That specifically means Early Access to my understanding, as this module is Early Access only so far.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Ask him.

I dont feel comfortable talking in the OP authors name.

His post mention things implemented and not, and MP missions. I dont see any bugs mention.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

True, he does also not talk about buying the module as I thought, but he still just wants to know which features are available in the current state (as shown on Snoopys list), so he can build MP missions accordingly.

• Like 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

Sorry if you took it too strong - that's why i wrote "a bit". It's hard to get a complete shape of the message just from the text but replying only with "Read the Pocket Guide" statement, could be taken as a kind of RTFM answer. Again, sorry for that :thumbup:

That was not the point at all. The real intention was actually quite opposite:

1. If you had followed the history of this topic on the forum, the request for list of missing features had been asked many times. Eventually it had been created by the community. I think it was fair however to ask for such list from the devs, as in exmaple it's already maintained for F-18 even prior the release and had been created by other devs on the release date. Nothing more and less than just a clear, single point communication of what's in and what's out.

2. Funny that you mentioned this but personally I consider the pocket guide as a kind of "document" that is outlined towards jump in and "do stuff" without learning how approach.

I wish the quality had been improved there. Just considering two latest releasees - Spit and Viggen, they came out on early access with an uncomplete manuals but they had been an actual manuals. Maybe with some "to be added" picture placeholders. Except those from RAZBAM, all of the other modules that I have follow generally the same high level template of the DCS manuals. Maybe I'm paying too much attention to that but I like the fact that manuals from ED, BelSimTek, HB generally look the same, giving a consistent feeling of DCS standard.

Anyway, there is the NATOPS guide for anyone interested in how the things are actually working. Again however, public availability of a real, complete flight manual didn't hold on BelSimTek from creating a DCS level manual for F-5.

• Like 1

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all