** F-14 Road to Release + Christmas Update!! **

Cobra847

Yeah those vouchers look tempting! I just hope ED is resolving that whole issue with the new protection system sooner than later (hopefully before the fist of January that is), cause i don't really feel comfortable buying full priced modules with the current implementation of said protection system.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, I did not see that. However, I never received a second giftcard either. :/

Just my guess, but it seems to me that it might take a day or two from the feel of it, especially if bought after office hours since I can't make out whether it is something they will send or the company they're using for the commercial transaction will do. I am just talking out of my butt, so don't take this idea as gospel. I get it that it's a PIB if you are going to make an immediate purchase, hope they get a better idea later on to avoid this kind of snafu.

Punk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Having a relatively successful release can make you overly confident, however.

You become too much of an unrealistic idealist, and quite frankly, the arduous time prior to the Viggen’s launch was going to eventually take its toll. We didn’t know it at the time, but some of us were fizzling out, and standing on the gas pedal really doesn’t help with a fuel starved engine. In our post success hubris, I made the absolute dumbest statement I’ve made in, well, forever. Allow me to quote myself for ultimate posterity and shame:

The picard double facepalm is not potent enough to describe what a boneheaded PR move this post is.

There was a voice in the back of my head screaming from past (MiG-21) lessons learned, but pff! we just released the Viggen. Nothing can go wrong! Silence, ye bellowing hounds, I rebuked as I hit the Post button.

What a sympathetic way to say sorry. Your openness is much appreciated.;)

Looking forward to next year and the release of the Tomcat!

To support your project I ordered 2 vouchers. One for me and one as a gift. As I´m waiting to cash in the voucher for the Tomcat, I can`t try it out now, but my 60$ voucher says 54,99$. I hope this problem can be sorted out soon and we will get some information about it.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to the whole Heatblur Team!!!:thumbup:

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Great news. I’m just worried by the amount of HD interior detail (seat cushions...). That may be something visual you can show but the weapons system, radar and other systems , and exterior textures is what’s important to many of us. Plus i’d like to know if my 980GT will handle this level of textures.

Anyway, keep up the good work. But don’t forget real sim life objectives.

Gnouze

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196159

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=191034

Honestly. Have a look around before you start criticizing.

Just my guess, but it seems to me that it might take a day or two from the feel of it, especially if bought after office hours since I can't make out whether it is something they will send or the company they're using for the commercial transaction will do. I am just talking out of my butt, so don't take this idea as gospel. I get it that it's a PIB if you are going to make an immediate purchase, hope they get a better idea later on to avoid this kind of snafu.

We got it squared away this morning. Good to go :)

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

Just received a second voucher of 6$ to complete the 60$.:thumbup:

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

For being involved in development projects, I can say for sure there is no shame in not always meeting the "promised" delivery date.

But Heatblur store credit gift cards instead? Or on top? I'm not so sure about that one...

Still. Merry Xmas! :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

@Nick (Cobra)

I have given you a lot of grief in the past years for a variety of things. I also supported the hell out of the Mig-21 project by donating money (that you never got) and purchasing four copies just to give them away.

The Viggen held no interest for me so I have not purchased it, yet.

Having looked over the artwork for the F-14, several times, I have to say that you are beginning to impress me again.

I wish you good luck with your efforts in the coming year and I will definitely be purchasing this aircraft as soon as it is possible.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Just ordered the Viggen and a shirt. Much appreciated and Happy Holidays. Looking forward to the F-14.

Intel i5-3570K @ 4.6ghz (Noctua D14)

Asus P8Z77-V LK Mobo

Adata 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3

MSI Geforce GTX 970 (x2) SLI

Windows 10

DX 12.0

Cobra does such a good job of putting a human face behind game development.

I have been continually blown away by Heatblur's work and passion for the products they work on. There's no danger in me jumping ship because of a slipped release date. The F-14 is much anticipated (as is the F-18 and Harrier) by me, but this 3rd party developer has, through it's previous products, earned my trust. When they say they're bringing a new revolutionary experience, I believe them. Each of their previous modules have been, after all.

I'm also glad they're getting a Christmas/Holiday break for a change. :thumbup:

Still exciting news and a nice update.

Thank you for the update. I am a bit dissapointed of course after yet another missed target for release. Being late again and again is discouraging. I am also not sure about the Heatblur gift cards. I for one am not willing to put money towards a product in which I don’t know what I will get or when I will get it. This “road to release” was underwhelming and didn’t really offer any time frame or plan for release at all. I need to see what I am actually paying for and when I will get it before spending my money. There are many DCS customers who have been burned in the past by giving money early to only be faced with unreleased or unfinished products.

I wish you a Merry Christmas and the best of luck with the Tomcat in 2018. Hopefully we do see it sooner rather than later and I will gladly spend my money when there is a firm release.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

How did you get the second voucher

I received it by email like the first one. Took some ours after the first voucher arrived.

There are no shortcuts when it comes to quality. [...]

and with Jester yelling at you over the ICS for screwing up as the cherry on top.

Would you peeps mind being the first developer to give us women some extra immersion, by having JESTER refer to the pilot by pronouns that depend on a user setting (maybe in the "Special" tab of the DCS main settings): male/female pilot? :thumbup:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Would you peeps mind being the first developer to give us women some extra immersion, by having JESTER refer to the pilot by pronouns that depend on a user setting (maybe in the "Special" tab of the DCS main settings): male/female pilot? :thumbup:

+1

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

Thanks for the update and your sincereness, a module from you guys is like a gem, i bought the Viggen just to support but waiting and waiting for the Av-8B made me give it a go and i just cant believe how much fun it has been and how different it is specially most of its type of missions being Sea based, A/G Radar orientated and anti ship missiles wich are a total novelty coming from the A-10C. It has really surprised me and turned the support into a good investment, i just cant wait for your F-14!

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Aweesome idea! Thankfully i don't think we have any recordings yet where the gender plays a role. In general Jester talks directly to pilot, hence mainly using "you" :) E.g. "Hey, you forgot to arm the ejection seat", "Allright, obviously we're in a hurry, accepting current INS alignment", or just phrases like "MiG-28 3 o-clock" :pilotfly:

Edit: Oh, and i can add that we have considered adding an option to have a female Jester, but if we do that it won't be until jester is at a quite mature stage.

/Daniel

Heatblur Simulations

Any way to get a physical copy of the gift card? It would be a cool item to add to my collection of tomcat stuff.

Unfortunately no. The giftcard is basically just a code delivered to you that you use like a coupon during your purchase on the Heatblur store.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Just to confirm. Can you use the gift card more than once?

If you purchase an item on the store that costs less than your giftcard's value, what is left over will be kept in your giftcard's account balance until you used it up. Remember that you most likely will have received two giftcards (due to how the giftcard system works) so for the full amount you have to use both codes. In this case additionally you can of course use only one of the two codes and keep the other one (whichever of the two you prefer) for later. Hope that helps!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

If you purchase an item on the store that costs less than your giftcard's value, what is left over will be kept in your giftcard's account balance until you used it up. Remember that you most likely will have received two giftcards (due to how the giftcard system works) so for the full amount you have to use both codes. In this case additionally you can of course use only one of the two codes and keep the other one (whichever of the two you prefer) for later. Hope that helps!

I still have yet to receive my 2nd gift card. How do I go about getting this taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: Oh, and i can add that we have considered adding an option to have a female Jester, but if we do that it won't be until jester is at a quite mature stage.

Thank you! :)

By the way that sentence makes a lot more sense than you probably realised when you were typing it: of course a female Jester would be more mature than a male one :smilewink::music_whistling:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset