** F-14 Road to Release + Christmas Update!! **

Cobra847

Thank you! :)

By the way that sentence makes a lot more sense than you probably realised when you were typing it: of course a female Jester would be more mature than a male one :smilewink::music_whistling:

:doh:

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Nick (Cobra)

I have given you a lot of grief in the past years for a variety of things. I also supported the hell out of the Mig-21 project by donating money (that you never got) and purchasing four copies just to give them away.

The Viggen held no interest for me so I have not purchased it, yet.

Having looked over the artwork for the F-14, several times, I have to say that you are beginning to impress me again.

I wish you good luck with your efforts in the coming year and I will definitely be purchasing this aircraft as soon as it is possible.

Giving grief is the only way we stay honest, especially when we screw up. :)

Not saying this particular quote applies to you, but I've always liked it and kept it in the back of my mind lately:

Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.

Merry Christmas!

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Huh, Didn't realize you're in Helsingborg. Been there many times to meet with a customer there. Love flying into CPG, walking to the train station for some Steff Hotdogs, and jumping on the train to Helsingborg. What a relaxing ride!

I wish you the best of luck....and will grab the gift card now.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Edit: Oh, and i can add that we have considered adding an option to have a female Jester, but if we do that it won't be until jester is at a quite mature stage.

Of course female Jester could not be JESTER anymore, for true realism we'll have to call her SKATES.

Sorry for the dub question. The coupons on the first message are for the DCS's Store ? How does they work ? I pay on external official website right and I can use them on DCS legally ? I never brought a product outside the DCS official store. I don't see the interest of those deals. New pre sale on the DCS website are offer with 10% off. Why should I pay on the store.heatblur.com's site instead of the official DCS store?

Edited by Cthulhus

Specs: Win10 64bits Pro, Intel i9-9900K | 32Go | RTX 2080 Ti | M.2 SSD 850go x2

Hardware: HTC Vive Pro + X56

Maps : Normandy + Assets | Gulf | Nevada

DCS Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | SuperCarrier | F-14A/B | F-5E | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | Mig-19 | MiG-21bis | AV-8B | Fw 190 D-9 | SA342 | P-51D | Bf 109 K-4 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | M-2000C | F-16C

• 3 weeks later...
Where is this idea coming from that it is or has to be released before the Hornet?

Wishful thinking, but the Tomcat is past due previous release projections from Heatblur and Cobra also stated, “The ultimate question becomes then, when? Honestly, we don’t know. The aircraft feels very much like a complete product (despite the in-game aircraft still being the Chromecat) - but we need some more time to migrate in all of our new art assets, and brush all of the dust away. The FM is complete, and most, if not all of the systems are Early Access or close to Early Access ready. Our team will be entering 2018 high on optimism and success.”

The Hornet has a release date of around four months or so and is far from feature complete. Considering the current state of the Tomcat and missed release estimates, I would find it hard to believe that we would have to wait another half a year or more. Cobra also stated, ”So expect it sooner rather than later.” I envision sooner in this context being only a few months at most.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

we have seen many videos from start up to free flights about hornet. even these demonstrations, this product will be released in april in best scenario.

on the tomcat side, we even haven't seen textured body or cockpit of tomcat. plus there will be a very new tech: Jester AI.

so i don't see any clue that make us think that f-14 will come out before the hornet.

but who knows. they hunted us with viggen very silently.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

we have seen many videos from start up to free flights about hornet. even these demonstrations, this product will be released in april in best scenario.

on the tomcat side, we even haven't seen textured body or cockpit of tomcat. plus there will be a very new tech: Jester AI.

so i don't see any clue that make us think that f-14 will come out before the hornet.

but who knows. they hunted us with viggen very silently.

True, but if they estimated it to be ready in 2017, they couldn't have been so wrong that it should come out in HY2 2018. Plus, as stated above, Cobra said everything is pretty much EA ready. The textures won't take 6 months.

I cringe everytime I see the words 'I want' or 'We want'. Let me tell you something, you and we get stuff. Amen

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Is there any Chance to get some more Information in shape of Images and stuff? I mean the Tomcat is a very highly expected Module and you guys are soooo silent about it, no pics that show us a Little more, no new Information...it´s a pure torture :joystick:

A few Images and some nice words to us would let us calm down a lot I suppose :D

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Duke nukem or 3d realms say its done when is done

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!