VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Just flew a mission in the harrier with Easy Comms On. JTAC flows were not working. I would give the voice command and Vaicom would recognize my voice and issue the correct command to DCS (Subtitle and player voice could be heard), but DCS was ignoring commands. When I used the Options menu and hand selected the same vaicom response the game would recognize the command and continue the JTAC flow. I also had the same issue with Tonopah tower. My command was heard and passed to the game, but it ignored the command until I used the options command and hand selected the command I wanted to send. Hope that makes sense?

Update: Just ran through the F-5 Cold start instant action. Same issue as above. I can issue voice commands, they're recognized by Vaicom, Chief connect Air.... Roger Air Connected. Chief Apply Air. Chief says air applied, but nothing happens. If I go to Chief-Options and select apply air, then it works! Seems like commands are being recognized, and maybe even passed to DCS, but they are being ignored unless I select the commands manually from the menu using the options menu.

Edit again. F-5 startup. Chief, Place the wheelchocks... recognized... awaiting additional input... what more input can he possibly need?

Edited by epolta
add more content

@Spetz

Bear in mind that radio tuning via the Select command only works with Easy Comms On.

Just saying 'nearest airfield' without Select will not change freq until you also

issue a command for the recipient e.g. 'Request Engines Start'.

I'll send you a PM with a check or two more regarding the refresh thing.

@epolta

Thanks for the update. It seems you keep menus open, as a test can you try the

same with menus closed and let me know how that works.

Ideally if you can enable debug mode and paste a log then I can have a look.

Awaiting additional input could mean you need to allow a bit more pause time

between recipient and command, see manual page 15. Also just in case

double-check VA settings - recognized speech delay should be set to 0ms.

Will send you a PM.

Cheers

[EDIT] SOLVED: symptoms were caused by mission editor / faulty mission file

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Working for me so far, at least for the most part. I will do some of the voice training tonight after I get home from the office for the troubled commands (like "bogey dope").

However, it doesn't seem like Boulder City is an ATC Command -- am I just missing this? VA knows I am saying "Boulder City" but it doesn't do anything.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Hi, it seems that I cannot get chatter to be recognised. No way to enter my licence key for it. Any ideas for this problem?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

@hakjar Yes Chatter is a separate install, you can get it from the Downloads page on the website.

In the email you will have received a separate license key for it: use the About page to activate.

Send me a PM if you get stuck with that thanks.

[EDIT] SOLVED: Chatter license hadn't been activated yet.

@SD Good to see you around again mate! If you need a hand just give me a shout on PM.

@Buckeye Sounds good. You may need to spend some time with the keywords reference table in the back of the PDF.

The default keyword set is optimized for good overall recognition. You can use the Keywords Editor to further

personalize this, i.e. look up the default 'Request Vector To Bandit' or 'Henderson' in

the drop down list and add your own aliases e.g. 'Bogey Dope' and 'Boulder City',.. by using the

Add New button. Don't forget to go through the FINISH steps to update the VA profile after that (page 27-28 ).

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Thanks, Hollywood. VA heard "Boulder City" properly, so I'll just need to add it myself...I'll make sure I follow the Finish steps, I remember seeing them in the manual but don't remember the details.

New question: I have my Chatter key added, and I can't ever seem to get it to run. I've used 0 to toggle it and still never hear anything? VA is recognizing the toggle for "Chatter", I just never get any audible chatter. I even went in to options and selected "Navy" as my preferred, instead of "Auto", and still nothing. Does this only work when in the air with particular planes, or am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

@Spetz

Bear in mind that radio tuning via the Select command only works with Easy Comms On.

Just saying 'nearest airfield' without Select will not change freq until you also issue a command for the recipient e.g. 'Request Engines Start'.

I'll send you a PM with a check or two more regarding the refresh thing.

Replied to your PM. Cheers

I've got easy comms set in DCS and sees it in the options panel in Vaicom. I'll try it again using a further command for the recipient as well. I'll simply throw a random freq in and then watch for a change back when issuing the command.

From what I read, I should be able to select a different airfield/tower freq on the ground by simply stating, for example "Anapa.. Select" or did I misread it?

Lastly (for now :) ) When I get the PTT refresh working in a different aircraft, should it reflect that module? So in the SA342 it will say SA342?

Going to go through the manual really, really closely right now..

Edited by Spetz

@Buckeye chatter is a separate install see #33

@SD that's normal the subfolders are generated by the plugin on first launch see #29

@Spetz yep that should work catch you on PM

I had already seen post #33

I've added the Chatter.dll where the ReadMe says to and I've activated my key (and had done so previous to my post)

What else am I missing? Should it work with the Harrier and the Eagle?

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

OK yes that should be all the steps necessary. Chatter should work with all modules. If you select Navy theme start chatter and haven't heard any audio snippet after a wait of let's say 30 secs then we need to see what's up. If so can you check by enabling debug mode in config to see if there's any messages in the log related to it. Thanks.

[EDIT] SOLVED: problems caused by faulty audio driver, fixed once removed

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

I've been completely unimpressed by Voice attack thus far (as I posted about in another thread - it seems worse at recognising my speech than others) in relation to VAC, but I'll give the demo a go and if I'm happy with it, I'll buy a license.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

OK yes that should be all the steps necessary. Chatter should work with all modules. If you select Navy theme start chatter and haven't heard any audio snippet after a wait of let's say 30 secs then we need to see what's up. If so can you check by enabling debug mode in config to see if there's any messages in the log related to it. Thanks.

Will do, I will look at it tonight when I am home from the office :thumbup: I will follow up here.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

picked up the licensed version and really enjoy the Chatter plugin! has it in previous version, and now with new, quite simple/easy where it works out of the box. Adds wealth of immersion to flights as the background chatter provides some sense of "others" out there....

Note, on related topic, i originally set to use the auto on version for chatter, to simply have it run automatically; however, I have other VAPs such as for Elite, and was wondering if in VA, there is a way to load/offload plugins based on the VAP chosen in the VA vap choice dropdown. It appears now that all plugins load regardless of the active vap and I would hear VIACOM chatter while the Elite vap was active.

Does anyone know if there is a way to load/offload plugins based on the active vap?

The Rig: i5 7700k OC 4.6ghz, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey hollywood,

I really like it, for me it is working verry fine,

I was searching long time for profile f5 but has give that up and want to wait for 2.5 and now it is really working well wit not mutch to do for setup

Really like it, thank

The chatter to... verry nice imergion

But 1 little question,

I work with all my profiles with target, so i took the tx comands from my keybord with target so i didnt had to do somthing...

I want to use a push button to set the chatter on and of but i cant find it with key press?

Can you point me in the right direction :)

Greets from a verry happy costumer ;)

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

Hey hollywood,

I really like it, for me it is working verry fine,

I was searching long time for profile f5 but has give that up and want to wait for 2.5 and now it is really working well wit not mutch to do for setup

Really like it, thank

The chatter to... verry nice imergion

But 1 little question,

I work with all my profiles with target, so i took the tx comands from my keybord with target so i didnt had to do somthing...

I want to use a push button to set the chatter on and of but i cant find it with key press?

Can you point me in the right direction :)

Greets from a verry happy costumer ;)

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

Very bottom of the command list, down by the other Tx Commands. 0 is the standard binding.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Very bottom of the command list, down by the other Tx Commands. 0 is the standard binding.

Oke thanks, :)

Just find 1 more problem...

If i ask for f5

1) connect air supply.... chief anserd oke, air supply connected....

2) apply air... chief say ok air apply...

But my air is not getting into my enging for startup...

If i do the same with just the key or mouse like i normaly do... there is comming air into the enging and it works..

I am trying to get it to work but cant find wath i am doing wrong...

Greets

As a fellow VR flyer this was an insta-buy for me :)

Just got it up and running, been having a play around - Very impressed! Awesome bit of code dude! :thumbup:

I can however confirm the same issue with the F-5 ground crew that epolta reported - connect air/apply air/chocks, etc. All recognised by VCP, VA and DCS...just that nothing's happening.

No major fuss as there's bound to be a few teething issues with something this deep. I've no doubt it'll get squashed. Is there anything I can provide to help narrow it down, logs, etc?

Once again...:thumbup:

EDIT: lol, just got ninja'd by the dude above!

Edited by Fubarbrickdust

9700k@5.2Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32gb Ram@3200Mhz | 512gb M.2 NVME SSD

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio

Hey guys thanks all for the great comments, really appreciated :thumbup:

I had a look at the code regarding the Apply Air command and indeed I found a missing parameter for that one. Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Let me run some further tests with it and then I should come with a fixed update soon.

All the best

[uPDATE]

Latest build is now patched and available on the website for download.

http://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html

Thanks

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Hey guys thanks all for the great comments, really appreciated

I had a look at the code regarding the Apply Air command and indeed I found a missing parameter for that one. Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Let me run some further tests with it and then I should come with a fixed update soon.

All the best

Thats wat you get if you build sutch nice product

Thanks for the nice aftermarket support