VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

General tip:

If you invested time in training your voice recognition and your quite happy with the results

you may want to have the option to back-up and restore your Windows speech recognition profile.

Courtesy of www.voiceattack.com check out this helpful little Profile Manager tool:

http://www.voiceattack.com/filesend.aspx?id=SpProfileMgr.zip

This way you can also migrate your profile to another PC if needed at some point.

Cheers

Hollywood

Now why didn't I see that 2 days ago?! :doh:

oh - only posted it yesterday. That was already too late...

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

General tip:

If you invested time in training your voice recognition and your quite happy with the results

you may want to have the option to back-up and restore your Windows speech recognition profile.

Courtesy of http://www.voiceattack.com check out this helpful little Profile Manager tool:

http://www.voiceattack.com/filesend.aspx?id=SpProfileMgr.zip

This way you can also migrate your profile to another PC if needed at some point.

Cheers

Hollywood

I seem to be getting a page not found on the link.

Edit: Never mind, third time was the charm.

Thanks much !

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

@Bucks There's quite a few options there depending on how you want to do it. On my Warthog Throttle (without TARGET) the DIS/ENG shows up as DirectX key 26 with press-and hold function.

So most straightforward may be to just map TX5 press/release to this button in the profile and see what happens.

Grtz

Hmm...mine shows up as 26 too, but it immediately "releases" rather than "holds"...even when I hold it down lol. It always registers as a tap. I don't use TARGET either.

Will have another look at it this evening.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Hmm...mine shows up as 26 too, but it immediately "releases" rather than "holds"...even when I hold it down lol. It always registers as a tap. I don't use TARGET either.

Will have another look at it this evening.

Your button may be getting close to EOL unless you just aren't pressing it hard enough. Mine stays lit for as long as I press it. Through TARGET it will react differently by default and likely only pulse once even when held.

Another question: Is it possible that VAICOM PRO is in conflict with Tacview somehow? I had to do a new install of Tacview to get it to work after I installed VAICOM PRO, then I updated the dll for VAICOM PRO and now Tacview does not record again.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

@Fisherman TacView has been tested to work alongside VAICOM PRO.

Having said that there have been users with older TacView version installs causing a malfunctioning export.lua, thus blocking VAICOM PRO.

TacView has signaled some problems with current DCS versions themselves

http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,5645.new.html

so that may be related. Send me a PM if you want me to have a closer look.

@VampireOne Looks like an interesting project. Can you elaborate some use case scenarios i.e. what do you think could be achieved by an integration between VAICOM PRO and a MOOSE scripting environment.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Hi! I have problem which is described in FAQ "Q: In the VoiceAttack window my commands are recognized but DCS is not responding?" I traied all tricks from the manual. But still it does not work. I have the information in debug mode "Specific recipient called, instant select mode = False". My DCS is not installed on "C:" drive.

A question, where is the VAICOM PRO keywords database stored? If you train the system in the keywords editor is it then possible to backup copy it. It cant be the same as the Windows Speech Recognition wordlist right? Im asking because I had to reset VAICOM because almost no commands where recognized anymore, I think I made a mistake and mis-trained the engine somehow

After spending this entire sunday trying to get some reliability out of VAICOM PRO Im about to give up. I was hoping to get the same enjoyment out of it like everyone else seems to be getting, but now its the same as when I tried WAICOM 2.0, total disapointment. In case someone cares and has the same issues, here are my problems:

1. If it recognizes "for return to base" it executes "flight return to base" instead of "four return to base". This is so bad and destroys the mission, "for return to base" is not even a valid command, still it executes a flight command. If it hears something followed by "request vector" for example it executes that command for the closest recipient instead of returning a unrecognized cue and giving the user the chance to repeat the right airport. I guess this is a feature to make things easy but instead it makes it highly unreliable.

You can always say "articulate better" its almost imposible to make a difference between "for" and "four".

2. Words like Kutaisi and Kobuleti are imposible to get recognized, even if I add them in the Windows Speech Recognition Wordlist it still never gets recognized in the keywords training mode at all. In DCS they can get recognized some times though, when VAICOM PRO recently has been reset to factory settings. After a short time though it is imposible to get any recognition in DCS either.

3. The keywords training mode doesnt work at all. From what I can read from the manual I should be able to select a word like Kutaisi for example and get somekind of recognition response % when I pronounce it. This does not ever happen, I get no response at all eventhough Windows Speech Recognition is listning.

The wierd thing is that this happens right after I have gotten it recognized sometimes at least in DCS.

When I read the manual about how it is supposed to work it sounds so well but frankly Im seeing very little that matches the description.

After the disapointment with VAICOM 2.0 I made my own profiles that uses the menus and that are far from as dynamic as VAICOM PRO promises to be. But they are reliable.

Are the problems that Im describing something that is normal for VAICOM PRO and something that you just have to live with? I want to use it and get rid of the menus but if its like that I can just as well go back to my own profiles again because I cant have it like this. With all this unreliability there simply is no way it can work in a JTAC dialog for example, it will only ruin the experience.

Should I give up now? Is there any point to try some more and are there ways of getting it to work as described in the manual?

I've had 0 of the issues you've had. Your "request vector" issue sounds like you have options set up incorrectly where you're allowing it to just instant select or something. Your concern on "for" and "four" is legit, but you can work around this I'm sure by editing the keywords. I'm sure Hollywood will respond to advise.

The other things you've mentioned are nothing like anything I've experienced...training mode works perfectly for me, and as a result Im experiencing better recognition than I ever thought possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I've had 0 of the issues you've had. Your "request vector" issue sounds like you have options set up incorrectly where you're allowing it to just instant select or something. Your concern on "for" and "four" is legit, but you can work around this I'm sure by editing the keywords. I'm sure Hollywood will respond to advise.

The other things you've mentioned are nothing like anything I've experienced...training mode works perfectly for me, and as a result Im experiencing better recognition than I ever thought possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is the training mode supposed to work exactly? As I understand it you are supposed to click on the square mic button and then the round one on the Windows Speech Recognition that pops up so it says listening, and then you select the keyword you want to train and then you say it. And then you pick another keyword and say that. Is this correct?

For me this works like this, if I say Batumi it is not recognized by VAICOM eventough it is by Windows Speech Recognition. This causes the later to type batumi again in the box for the keyword, so it becomes batumi batumi. And then its game over I guess, because then you are now training the engine that Batumi means batumi batumi. If I then erase one batumi the same thing repeats when I try to get it recognized by VAICOM. And if it does not hear batumi but instead "up to me" it enters that instead as a replacement for the keyword Batumi completly and then it almost does not recognize anything anymore so all I can do is to factory reset VAICOM.

Obviusly I have Instant Select by the way, having to say Select every time I want to talk to a different recipient makes the whole thing very undynamic and unacceptable for me. In a air combat I with my own profiles I can rapidly issue commands to my whole 4 ship, for example "two pincer left" "three radar on" "four pincer right" and then request picture from AWACS with no problems. Having to say "Select two" "Select three" and so on between is not possible, there is no time. I mean if I just have talked to AWACS and suddently need to have my wingmen cover me I must remember to use the Select command before I ask for help in a probably urgent situation. I cant have it like that.

That is why I have Instant Select ticked in the options, because it cant be used without it as I see it.

do you speak with an accent? I am a native English speaker and I still had issues at first. For example I would want "helo" recognized, but I would have to "hello" instead of "hee-lo" as I would say in Canada.

I found going in game and listening to how ATC would say something, then mimicking it in Viacom usually sorted myself. And word training helped too.

Can someone explain how the buttons in the Keywords editor are supposed to be used? Add new and delete I understand but I dont understand what revert, apply and reload does. They are not explained in the manual.

How do you other guys manage to get the Georgian and Russian airfields recognized? Do you just train them in the Keywords editor or do you add new words for them in the keywords editor like perhaps Kabuleti and Kutasi? Or do you add them in the Windows word dictionary?

Has anyone managed to get Novorssiysk recognized? I mean, I could do without that one, It just strikes me like a word that simply can not be recognized by a english speech engine.

Hey Fisherman

Just to come back on your questions

Having to say "Select two" "Select three" and so on between is not possible, there is no time. I mean if I just have talked to AWACS and suddently need to have my wingmen cover me I must remember to use the Select command before I ask for help in a probably urgent situation. I cant have it like that.

Actually Select doesn't work like that. With Select you set a conversation to a specific recipient in that recipient category.

So, if you select Soganlug as your current ATC recipient this has no effect on which unit you have selected as e.g. your AWACS recipient (or JTAC, Tanker etc.) and you can call those anytime without involving Select.

Also all Flight recipients can be called instantly at any time without using Select at all.

How do you other guys manage to get the Georgian and Russian airfields recognized?

Just speaking for myself here I get all Caucasus airfields recognized just using training mode (even Novorssiysk although admittedly that took some effort) with the exception of 'Beslan' somehow.

No idea why but I must be saying it wrong. At some point I added that one to the Windows Speech Dictionary and now that one works for me also.

To check: in VA settings make sure to double check that (un)recognized speech delay is set to 0ms.

Also you can play with the Command Weight option: set it to 85 or higher and see what difference it makes: it acts as a bias towards keywords and can help in some cases.

Hope this clarifies, just catch me on PM anytime if more questions.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Hey cuervo

Try these steps

1) Close DCS

2) Restart VoiceAttack

3) Start DCS.

This will restore an automatic install after an update.

If you had a manual install re-apply the steps from the User Manual.

You can check install path in the VA log window on startup with debug mode enabled.

Send me a PM if more help needed.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com