VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

I am a VA user and found its speech recognition works very well. I have worked in radio and tv and have very good speech articulation. I was intrigued by Vaicom 2.5 so I bought it and installed it. I found that trying to teach it some of the very simple basic provided commands (I fly DCS A10C) a study in frustration. After trying to teach it several of the hundreds of commands, without it accurately understanding me thru the Rift microphone. I gave up and went back to exclusive VA use. What a waste of money. Even trying to use Win 10 to uninstall it was a cluster ****.

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

@Bluethornton

Cheers, good to hear you got it solved.

@lasvideo

Suggest to inspect your audio input device settings (routing, enhancements settings, AGC) and levels carefully.

The most common cause for recognition problems is insufficient signal strength.

The VA audio bar is a good indicator of input level: it should show a wide range deflection while speaking.

Also make sure VA input is not enabled during Training Mode, see user manual.

Feel free to PM me if more help needed.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Hi,

I have manually added additional commands for the Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment communication menu under F10 (such as load troops and/or crates) when flying a Huey. The problem I am having is that I cannot find a ‘common ground/common key press’ to reset the communication menu to be ready to accept commands for both the VAICOM preset commands and the manually added commands. Example, I use my additional commands to load troops, load/drop crates … and it all works well but when I give a VAICOM preset command such as request refuel-rearm (which by the way works like a charm) I find that my communication menu does not reset to a state where my additional commands get recognized at first instance. I have to manually reset the communication menu by pressing the “\” key on the keyboard twice after every VAICOM preset command. Adding the two “\” key presses to the VoiceAttack command sequence does not work for some reason. I guess my question is very simple: is there a special key sequence (or something) to add in VoiceAttack so that the communications menu resets to a common default state after every command?

Sounds like some pretty useful stuff. Let me have a look and get back to you: it may be a matter of having to force the menu back to root state first i.e. by a combination sequence of F12/F11 sends as done in VAICOM 2.0 profiles (perhaps look there for inspiration).

Just to note that Cargo flow commands are also planned to be included natively in upcoming plugin updates.

Grtz

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Thank you for the tip.

After much testing... the sequence of combo keys RAlt | followed by F12 seems to take care of the root state issue. Still having issues when intercom mode is in PVT but I am pretty happy with it so far. Good to hear that you are working on a plugin. Looking forward to a much more elegant way of doing it.

Hollywood, thanks for the suggestions.

After watching your tutorial video Ive come to the realization of something crucial. I find the menus very helpful since they help guide me on my choice of appropriate commands to use. Without the menus, in some situations I would have no idea what to say. I do use VA for only basic functions so as to be somewhat realistic. And the menus allow me to see what my verbal options are. At 64 memory is not a strong suit with me. I really like the concept of what your software does, but in my case I think it would only serve to confuse or frustrate me when I might not know the next command I need to say.And if I somehow were able to leave the menus on (which I see I have the option in preferences) , what would be the point of using Vaicom?

Currently I have Function 1 thru Function 10 programmed into VA so while flying in VR I can access a variety of menus and interact with them by saying, for example "Function 2". It gives me the ability to use the menus to communicate while just saying Function 1 thru 10 to trigger which ever command is appropriate to the task I want to achieve.

Edited by lasvideo

@las OK thanks for clarifying. Have you checked out the 'Options' voice command yet? As in: 'AWACS,...options.'.

This command is there to do just that, i.e. it allows you to peek at the menus to see which commands are available.

Have a look please and I'll PM you later.

Grtz

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

@las OK thanks for clarifying. Have you checked out the 'Options' voice command yet? As in: 'AWACS,...options.'.

This command is there to do just that, i.e. it allows you to peek at the menus to see which commands are available.

Have a look please and I'll PM you later.

Grtz

Thank you! I was not aware of that. Options could be a good way for me to teach myself the commands over time by "sneaking a peek" at the menu.

Does Vaicom install itself thru Windows? It seems from what your video tutorial says, that I just move the unzipped folder of the program into a VA folder. I want to know this just in case in the future if I want to remove it from my system.

Is there a quick easy way to turn it off ?

Lastly, would you advise I train it to learn my voice commands with just a regular headset and mike. As I said earlier, trying to do it with the Rift is both awkward and frustrating .

Edited by lasvideo

tried opening vaicom window with left control alt c and this comes up in VA

10:18:41 AM - UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN. PLUGIN NOT VALID FOR THIS VERSION OF VOICEATTACK.

Im running v.1.6.2

Well apparently I have to update VA to a newer version. And some folks are having issues doing that in Win 10 and have to uninstall it in Windows. which means I would lose my current DCS profile I spent a lot of time on.

Sorry man but is turning out to be to much of a PITA. Its not worth the trouble to get the limited return I would experience. For the second time I am removing it from my system. Im glad it didnt cost me a lot of money ;)

Edited by lasvideo

@las

You see this message when you have switched profiles in VoiceAttack.

VAICOM PRO works with just one profile and switching is not needed.

Select the correct profile i.e. 'VAICOM PRO for DCS World', restart VoiceAttack and things will be back to normal.

https://www.vaicompro.com/faq.html

You need to run VoiceAttack version 1.6.7 or higher: 1.6.9 is the latest

http://voiceattack.com/

PM sent.

Grtz

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Voice attack. And. Multiprofiles

I have. Voice attack working registered version and if i hold my mouth right i can get the Viacom addition to pop up so i can see it and configurationure it. I haven’t figured out how to use or get it to work while in the cockpit yet it’s probably me not tuning the radio in. But i do have a conundrum. I have the Viacom pro registratered version and i bought several plugins based on airframe and don’t know how to merge the Viacom profile with the airframe specific profiles. I read or heard in a tutorial somewhere to use only on profile for voice attack not to have. Airframe specific profiles so how do i merge the two profiles and is my problem of no va in the cockpit related to not tuning the radio?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Anybody else having compatibility issues with the latest DCS update? Viacom Pro Worked fine last night and now, after the update, the commands show in Voice Attack, but they aren't sending to DCS. I'm hearing the pilot voices again (in addition to the usual ones I always have in my head). The comms menus are also appearing when I press the PTT buttons, thought they are not assigned in DCS.

Edited by bunkerjunker

Anybody else having compatibility issues with the latest DCS update? Viacom Pro Worked fine last night and now, after the update, the commands show in Voice Attack, but they aren't sending to DCS. I'm hearing the pilot voices again (in addition to the usual ones I always have in my head). The comms menus are also appearing when I press the PTT buttons, thought they are not assigned in DCS.
No problems here,

But a time back , i think i had same problem...

I had te reactivate te programme to run as administrator,

I dont know its the solution.. but small idee to check ;)

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention / vaicompro 2.5

No problems here,

But a time back , i think i had same problem...

I had te reactivate te programme to run as administrator,

I dont know its the solution.. but small idee to check ;)

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention / vaicompro 2.5

I have the same issue, after the update commands show in Voiceattack but are not executed in DCS (Voiceattack was run as Administrator). Will try to reactivate and see if that solves the problem.

A DCS update resets the lua code from 2 lua files. Normally i.e. if you have an automatic install it will restore this code automatically after a VA restart. If you're on a manual install look on page 33 for instructions on how to put back the lua code.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

I have two questions as well (after reading the manual and reading these 35 pages)

- any way to call a JTAC by a name that isn't a key word? I.e. mission has Axeman and it works just fine, then switches to Uzi - which is a keyword for a flight member - thus, no response. I tried just using Patrol, or Operator with the proper frequency (different than Axeman's) and the call still goes to Axeman. All JTAC operations are in a similar area. Is there a solution?

- Is it recommended to open up the configuration menu before play? If I don't, I notice VA doesn't register my username into a mission with my callsign for that mission. Don't know if that matters at all but have noticed by opening and refreshing the PTT at the start of a mission it can help resolve some weird behavior.

Thanks. Appreciate your help here and this stuff is great for VR.

Send the Machine- former Russian mafia member. He will fix the problem.

I have the Pro version.

I recently played a mission which the F10 Other option in the Main Radio menu.

Is it possible to call to the Other recipient and select one of the available options?

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

whats the best way to access/choose/select f10 menu options

several recent missions ive got use f10 to spawn missions or bogeys etc, but i hide the comms menu and have no way to select it in VR so if i unhide it ill have to lift up my HMD everytime i want to select f10

I have the Pro version.

I recently played a mission which the F10 Other option in the Main Radio menu.

Is it possible to call to the Other recipient and select one of the available options?

Also curious about how we can best accomplish this :thumbup: Pretty much all of the major MP servers have this functionality at this point, so I am assuming a lot of users will be interested.

That said, I do know that in Beta phase MP is not guaranteed to be supported...or at least that was the case last I heard.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I have two questions as well (after reading the manual and reading these 35 pages)

- any way to call a JTAC by a name that isn't a key word? I.e. mission has Axeman and it works just fine, then switches to Uzi - which is a keyword for a flight member - thus, no response. I tried just using Patrol, or Operator with the proper frequency (different than Axeman's) and the call still goes to Axeman. All JTAC operations are in a similar area. Is there a solution?

- Is it recommended to open up the configuration menu before play? If I don't, I notice VA doesn't register my username into a mission with my callsign for that mission. Don't know if that matters at all but have noticed by opening and refreshing the PTT at the start of a mission it can help resolve some weird behavior.

Thanks. Appreciate your help here and this stuff is great for VR.

I've also been wondering about using a jtac that is not a keyword. Many of the missions I play use different jtac names that are not in the script.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I had something similar. Chatter worked, could hear the squelch, and menus appeared but no response.

Then I checked the menu. For VHF AM, it was choosing Interphone. So, restarted VA, Ctrl Alt C for config and refreshed the PTT page (make sure the game isn't paused but actually running) and that fixed it for me.