VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

I'm having the very same problem. I'm sure it worked fine untill just a couple of weeks ago....
I was having this problem the other week but managed to get it working. Not sure if it was luck or skill.

I changed the voice recognition language in Windows to English US (from UK) and also I changed my Saved Games folder from the default C drive to the F drive (which is where I have everything installed, DCS and VA). When I say changed drives I mean properly in the Saved Games folder properties (don't drag and drop!).

Good luck.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I’m flying in 2.5.2 also with the new PG map and as of today my SSA was definitely working as normal. Never tried Vaicom today mind you (flying around in the MH-6 mod). But just prior to installing PG was I was tanking with the Harrier using Vaicom without problem.

Clearly an issue if various people are having the same problem. But alas I have no cure. Sorry.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

VAICOM Pro not working here with 2.5.0 stable. VAICOM recognizes and logs the commands properly, press and release work properly for correct PTT assignments, pilot's voice and subtitle for issued command appear in DCS, but there is no reply from ATC when called or wingman when called. I have VHF 1 set to 118.30 for Creech, but no response from them, even though I have visual and audible confirmation of command being issued by VA and VAICOM to DCS.

Edit: Might have it working now. I disabled adaptive recognition and acoustic echo cancellation and now things appear to be working.

Edited by eaglecash867

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Hi, can any one assist me ? I am relativly new to DCS and Vaicom, My Vaicom Pro was working but has stopped. I can hear a "click" when I press the mic button, The vaicom log says it recognizes the command (request startup) but nothing happens. I am using easy Comms , Oculus and TM warthog. PLEASE help. I really enjoy this but dont have the knowledge to set it up properly.

I would REALLY apreciate some assistance from Someone who knows what they are doing.

Cheers

Woody

WoodDuck

Queensland Aust

Discord WoodDuck#6551

Intel i7-8700 32mb Ram, Gtx 1080, TM Warthog HOTAS, Rift Cv1

I've had a similar issue when I had to move my DCS folder out of 'Program Files (x86)'. That apparently stops the automatic install of the changes to DCS world that VAICOM PRO relies on, so I had to manually apply those changes. I did that via the Shift, Ctrl, C configure menu and used the VP user manual to guide me through the fairly straightforward process.

Since moving my DCS world folder back into the 'Program Files (x86)' folder, I have also experienced similar issues, but these were following updates to DCS and I simply hadn't restarted Voice Attack.

Hope this helps

i do not fully understand Vaicom PRO (i own the PRO version) but i can manage the the default settings and keywords.

as of now i'm flying the the "through the inferno mission(s)" and you have to use the f10 menu, but i can't import his into the VAICOM Profile because i simply don't know how to?

now Hollywood made a very detailed Manual but can't work it out somehow:

• [PRO] Import F10 Menu: adds mission F10 (Other) menu items to the keywords database.

Enable this option and fly the mission: items are added as new keywords starting with ‘Action’.

Go to the Keywords Editor and follow the FINISH steps to update the VA profile to use the new

voice commands: using an imported keyword will execute the menu item command.

can some one help me with this?

Intel® Core™ i7-6900K Processor (watercooled) - Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10 (watercooled) motherbord - 8 x 8Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3333Mhz RAM (watercooled) - 2 x ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-11G-GAMING (watercooled)

- Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Logitech G910 Orion Spark - Asus PG348 34'' LCD screen - Razor Tiamat 7.1 - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Replica USAF A-10C - TrackIR 5 - Pro Flight Cessna Rudder Pedals - VAICOM 2.5 PRO

I always run VA as admin, and I've gone through the motions of rebuilding and replacing all the LUA files. I still can't get it to to work. Vaicom receives commands and beeps in acknowledgment, but wingman/atc never respond. As an added measure I turned back on pilot/player voice and sure enough, even though Vaicom beeps, the player voice doesn't go out - telling me that Vaicom is not sending the command to DCS.

I'm at a loss as to what to try next, since all the lua code has been rebuilt from scratch with a clean install.

Same problem here! :(

Just a question...i use mainly the Mirage 2000 (the Hornet now of course) but when i use vaicom pro and i press the radio shortcut i see vhf am or vhf fm (like the radio in the a10) instead of u/vhf and uhf...it is normal?or i did something wrong?

Thanks

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

i'm trying to follow the instructions in the manual, that explain how to export the updated keywords list, resulting from the Persian Gulf map and then import them into the Voice Attack profile. The manual suggests that i should edit the "keyword collection command", but i can find no such command. There is a category of commands called Keyword Collections but not a single command.

Each of the commands in this category appear to have a "When I say" field that contains the full list of keywords, so do i need to edit each of them, to import the new list of keywords, or will editing any one of them have the desired effect?

Edit: Never mind, i've found the consolidated list option and that makes it a little more clear.

I must be doing something wrong now, as ctrl A, followed by delete definitely clears the field, but the ctrl v / paste doesn't seem to be working, and yes, i have pressed the finish button on the keywords editor screen before trying to paste. The field stays blank, but the cursor moves across to the right hand end of the field.

Most odd. it must be a display problem, as i pressed OK anyway and it appears to have created the necessary new commands, but the 'When I say' field still looks blank. i'll just have to be careful about deleting all of that apparently blank content, before i try this again.

Edited by Greyman

Hi Das,

if you look on Simshaker thread there is a quick fix. I also cant get vaicom to work onbeta.

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Hi Das,

if you look on Simshaker thread there is a quick fix. I also cant get vaicom to work onbeta.

Neal

I bet your export.lua is bugged. Maybe rename the export.lua to something like export.lua.bak and let SSA create a new one, maybe Vaicom then needs to reinstall it's stuff again...

f4l0

Developer of Simshaker for Aviators

same problem. There must be something wrong. I also can´t get simshaker working.

Would be nice, if anyone can help...

Same for me, can't get it to work as of the latest patch (Hornet release).

Hi I'm having some issues with the new DCS World module, the F/A-18c. I had checked the import new modules button on the config screen and as the VP PTT screen has the correct names for the 2 radios, i am taking it that the import has worked.

However, I am getting some rather odd behaviour with one out of the two radios and the problem does appear to move between the two of them. The issue is that there is a massive delay between the beep that heralds a correct command and the aircraft pilot's voice repeating it. I can say 4-5 commands and then the pilot says them in rapid succession, after a delay of at least a minute.

It could be that i am not using the F18's radio correctly, but that might explain why the ATC or Tanker wouldn't get back to me, but it wouldn't explain this.

Also, i currently have a call in with Voice Attack, where it would appear that the Persian Gulf Map might have gone beyond some sort of limit for a control on the edit command dialogue, so i suppose that might be a factor too.

This one looks to be somewhere between VAICOM Pro and/or Voice Attack, but i can't tell which it is. It might even be the F18 software that is somehow buffering up the commands and not getting round to processing them very fast.

Edited by Greyman

At the risk of repeating a similar theme, I too have have issues in which I can't communicate with anyone since I downloaded the F/A18.

Prior to the last update and new module install, everything was stable (finally!!) now, as others have said, no indications of poor diction recognition via the Voiceattack log, the correct radio frequencies set, a succesful transmission acknowledgment beep when sent message completed, in game pilots voice issuing the the correct message and a full compliance exercise to the manual transfer as directed on page 33 of the manual. Only to have complete and utter silence as a reply.

I have read numerous hypothesis here on what may be the problem but no definitive conclusion or fix.

Hollywood - be good to get your thoughts on this as there seems to be a growing number of us experiencing the same problem. Your help would be much appreciated.

Waistcat

i7 7700 @ 4.7GHz--GTX1080ti--Samsung SSD 500GB--32 gigs of RAM--TH Warthog--Crosswinds rudder--HP Reverb--Dedicated Sim room.

i've just managed to get a conversation with an airport, but it looks like it might have got the radios mixed up. i am sure that i set up the airport frequency on comm1 and pressed the comm1 PTT button to no avail, but when i pressed the comm2 PTT button i got a response.

I've had a beer or two tho, so will need to check it again. Maybe you could try it?

Maybe it would be useful to put the app data method in the original post until we get a windows update that fixes it. Stupid windows, always messing one thing or another up. Never had this issue before with any application.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Glad to see you here... was about to say that mine is having trouble with auto-install. I'm not sure what line exactly to append the luas for manual install.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Hey vaicom pro users...

because i have problems to know all the commands,

i have put the commands from the last pages from the manuel and implemented them for kneeboard.

if somebody got the same problem and want to use a sneek peak from the kneeboard its is posible after you ectract these files to the kneeboard folder at

C:\Users\Gebruiker\Saved Games\DCS\Kneeboard

or

C:\Users\Gebruiker\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Kneeboard

i am not a pro, its the first time i am doing this, but here at my pc it works :)

:pilotfly:

edit... i made the kneeboard pages bigger so the text is more readable in vr

great work, thank You!

P.S.

How can I open it in a cockpit, tell me please? :)

i7-6700k (4.7 GHz) // RAM 32 Gb // GTX 1070 // // Windows 10 64-bit LTSB;

VKB Gunfighter Mk2 Pro + VKB MCG Pro // BRD-F1(v.2) // Oculus Rift cv1 // BRD-N(v. №4) // VKB King Cobra MkII Fat // VKB King Cobra MkIII Fat // Saitek X55 // Saitek throttle Quadrant // Microsoft FFB 2 // Saitek X45 // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog // VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals // VKB RDRXXI-L // TrackIR 5

Hey guys I was travelling to the other side of the world over the last two weeks i.e. max separation from my test system. When I'm back in I'm going to run a couple of checks and come back to you with an update.

good news! :)

i7-6700k (4.7 GHz) // RAM 32 Gb // GTX 1070 // // Windows 10 64-bit LTSB;

VKB Gunfighter Mk2 Pro + VKB MCG Pro // BRD-F1(v.2) // Oculus Rift cv1 // BRD-N(v. №4) // VKB King Cobra MkII Fat // VKB King Cobra MkIII Fat // Saitek X55 // Saitek throttle Quadrant // Microsoft FFB 2 // Saitek X45 // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog // VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals // VKB RDRXXI-L // TrackIR 5

If you press on your keyboard K

And after that you kan scroll pages with a press on key [ and ]

(The list is not updated with the latest release of 2.5.2)

Greets

great work, thank You!

P.S.

How can I open it in a cockpit, tell me please? :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

Hi all,

I'm having some weird issues with VAICOM PRO..

VAICOM seems to force my DCS to switch to easycomms.. Even though I have unchecked the easycomms options in DCS.

I tried uninstalling VAICOM from DCS, repairing DCS and launching DCS alone; The easycomms were correctly disabled.

But as soon as I reinstalled VAICOM PRO (via a reset, relaunch, reinstall), and then relaunched DCS, the problem appeared again.

Moreover, seems that the "update" button does nothing wether I'm flying the 2000, FA18 or TF51..

It's allways in default mode/easycomms on..

Does any of you have a clue of what's going on?

assuming you are beta user?

I have re-installed DCS today from scratch, and can confirm that as soon as I installed beta over the top of release, the comms menus in general don't work partially or at all in some cases(at least in the A10C), this is without any lua alterations for VAICOMPro. I just don't think it's stable enough to expect anything comms-wise to work reliably.