VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

i've just flown a refueling instant mission in the F18c and comms with the tanker was interesting. I had setup the tanker's frequency on radio 1 and when i pressed the PTT button for comm1 and said "tanker approaching to refuel", it beeped and nothing else, until i pressed the PTT for comm2, and then it said "request join" or something like that. If i repeat the comm1 messages, as i said in my earlier post, then repeatedly pressing comm2 appears to clear out a queue/buffer, with VAICOM saying all of the stored messages.

If i were to guess, i'd say that the automatic module import function has somehow got its wires crossed on the PTT buttons, as it looks like it is using the release of the comm2 PTT button to activate the command rather than the release of the comm1 PTT button.

As i might just have confused it, would it perhaps be worth me restoring to the factory defaults, ie without the Hornet, and then trying again?

Edit: it's just been reported in the ED forum that there might be some confusion between the comm1 and comm2 PTT switches and if the comm1 processing is waiting for a rising edge on the comm1 switch, when it appears that the rising edge of the comm2 is being mistakenly used, you might want to hold off doing too much diagnosis.

Edited by Greyman

assuming you are beta user?

I have re-installed DCS today from scratch, and can confirm that as soon as I installed beta over the top of release, the comms menus in general don't work partially or at all in some cases(at least in the A10C), this is without any lua alterations for VAICOMPro. I just don't think it's stable enough to expect anything comms-wise to work reliably.

did you restart voice attack after updating DCS?

Managed to get it working, the clue was post#168 of this thread. I hadn't any chatter.dll installed.

I had to install the chatter.dll (even though I'm not using it) to have it working again.

@Holywood, if you're seeing this, you might want to take a look at that dll dependency ;).

(I'm using last Vaicom.dll release v2.5.2)

Thanks all for the nice messages, really appreciated

Update: with the great help of a small but determined team of Sherlocks I managed to hunt down the bug that a few users reported regarding PTT refresh. Turns out this had to do with the Chatter.dll not being installed.

Latest build on the website is now fixed for this.

Existing installs especially without Chatter are advised to update the plugin to this latest version:

https://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html

@Spetz, @Nickentik, @wingshigh.h +rep inbound!

Not working for me in newest DCS build with F-18 (or any module), can't get it off "Easy Comms ON" or switch default profile.

I'm sure it'll be sorted, but unfortunately, until then, it's side-lined :(

+++ plugin 2.5.3 WIP +++

Guys

Thanks for all your useful inputs.

I'll be releasing plugin version 2.5.3 within the next two weeks.

Until that time for 2.5.2 users:

*) The Hornet currently works only with Easy Comms ON (not with OFF).

*) You can use the 'Auto-import new theater' function (see manual) for the Persian Gulf map ATCs.

*) Download and install the Chatter.dll, even if you don't use chatter (see post #632 thx@LhuanDula).

Cheers

Hollywood

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Keep getting "PTT Key not in use: check configuration."

Well after trying for the better part of two months trying to get voice attack and Viacom working to no avail a friend from my squad pushed me into getting it working Saturday. First we went with a different profile besides Viacom this was one he had made for the Huey specific. He gave me a copy and I started playing with it saw several things that were personalized for him so I started rumbling in the va manual learned how I could add other profilescommands and import them tried it but the list was way too long and I learned of a way to use command from other profiles and prioritize which file command is used first second etc.so I created a new profile imported the commands from his profile and changed the first command I saw that needed changing then I had purchased the profiles for the helos from Hollywood iirc.

Solast night I tried a flight with va. About half of the commands I used would work. Some were like autostart , others like gunners hot worked about half the time,then we get in to the f keys comm menu. I was able to get f3,and f12 and I think f10 working enoughnto be useful. Some commands like f1,f2,f5 were never understood or work. I’m in very so seeing the va app isn’t possible especially since I use alt enter to full screen dcs.

I’m going to work with the ms trainer some today I hope after several rounds with the trainer it will work better I pronbanblly did it 6 time at least with the. Viacom profile.

Then I’m going through and pick the 20 most used command and work ewith them til they start working better. Then I’m going through the -10 checklist and make sure everything for start up, setting the radios and gunners hot, ctld csar etc all work. That’s today’s project.

If anyone has solutions tibbits to get a command to work please pass them om. I think my recognition level is 60 bow

Hi BlacleyCole,

I just read your post with great interest. I love to fly the Huey and installed the VA-Pro-Plugin 2.5.2 yesterday. Did everything "by the book" and have it running by now. I chose a button on my Puma flight trainer for the PTT function. After training the voice recognition system a little more, VA´s recognization of commands is now pretty good. The only thing I just can´t seem to get working, is to get rid of the message "PTT Key not in use: check configuration.". I tried different settings for the TX1 - TX6 mappings in the configuration window (CTRL-ALT-C), but nothing seems to work.

In DCS I can hear the static noise and confirmation sound when depressing and releasing the communication switch on my Puma, but nothing happens and the message is still appearing in VA.

Since you already managed to get VA working with your Puma in the Huey, I ´m curious what I´m doing wrong here...

Thanx !

MSI H170M-A Pro with i5-6600K @ 3.5 Ghz, 16Gb DDR4-2133, ASUS GTX 1080 TI 11 Gb DDR5 352bit, Win10 Pro,

PUMA Flight Trainer, DCS 1.5, 2.5 open beta, UH-1H, KA50, Mi8-MTV2, Gazelle.

Have a safe flight !

If you press on your keyboard K

And after that you kan scroll pages with a press on key [ and ]

(The list is not updated with the latest release of 2.5.2)

Greets

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

thank you!

i7-6700k (4.7 GHz) // RAM 32 Gb // GTX 1070 // // Windows 10 64-bit LTSB;

VKB Gunfighter Mk2 Pro + VKB MCG Pro // BRD-F1(v.2) // Oculus Rift cv1 // BRD-N(v. №4) // VKB King Cobra MkII Fat // VKB King Cobra MkIII Fat // Saitek X55 // Saitek throttle Quadrant // Microsoft FFB 2 // Saitek X45 // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog // VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals // VKB RDRXXI-L // TrackIR 5

ince you already managed to get VA working with your Puma in the Huey, I ´m curious what I´m doing wrong here...

You are better than me I only got it to work once and partially then I wish I could help I think I’m goning to reve all va files and wipe the directory s then reinstall and start small and work up build my profile attach Hollywood s profiles so I have nothing doing with them. You now he has two different sets of radio profiles for each helicopter one is set the other is the iirc

Sounds like you re further along than i

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Can someone explain step to step procedure for importing new theatres? I tried to follow the one in the manual but when i paste in the voice attack profile (don't remember the exact field but it is the one stated on the vaicom pro manual) i just have empty spaces.

It is for Hormuz obviously

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Hi

For a single key PTT setup you select the TX node to use with the dropdown labeled SNGL on the PTT page of the config window.

Hope this helps.

Hollywood.

Got it working ! Thanks for your advice.

I presumed, that VA would have made the necessary configuration changes to use the assigned button for "radio communication menu" that I had been using in DCS so far. Didn´t expect to have to configure more. Reading the VA manual proved to be a good idea anyway.

@Blacleycole: Do you have PTT already working correctly in VA? Did you assign a button of your Puma flightstick and can you use it with VA to have your commands interpreted correctly?

If so, double-check if the assigned flight stick button for PTT is set via the VA joystick icon and if the TX-Key-assignments for the different radios are set correctly. You find them at the very end of the DCS-profile in VA. (Missed out on those in the first place - could have spared me a lot of trouble...)

For a start, I defined only a button for TX1 and mapped it in the configuration window [CTRL-ALT-C] to the VHF AM radio.

That done, I then jumped into the Huey, switched on the battery, set the ATC-frequency to 138.000 Mhz (@Tbilisi-Lochini) and the radio selector switch to position 3 (VHF). When VA reads your commands correctly, you`ll see your request in written words on top of the cockpit window and ATC will answer your request right away. The next step I want to try, is to assign individual cockpit keys to voice commands, that way I can spare fiddling around with the keyboard for cranking the gas throttle to idle or closing the cockpit doors. ; )

For the future, I hope that ED will further improve radio communication logic, so that requests and clearances are handled the correct way while in the Huey.

MSI H170M-A Pro with i5-6600K @ 3.5 Ghz, 16Gb DDR4-2133, ASUS GTX 1080 TI 11 Gb DDR5 352bit, Win10 Pro,

PUMA Flight Trainer, DCS 1.5, 2.5 open beta, UH-1H, KA50, Mi8-MTV2, Gazelle.

Have a safe flight !

Yes i used the trigger short press for va hold for srs. The throttle is no way go past the detent stop without mapping a key afaik.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Still not workin'

Hi

i still cant get my Viacom to work in Beta. When I try updating the lua it stops my simtools and simshaker from working, but still no viacom in DCS. My ptt presses still shows in the voiceattack GUI. Can anyone suggest my next step?

Thanks

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

With so many tests, VA stopped working in 2.5.0

I got it to work again, but I can not make it work in 2.5.2

My advice, after losing hours trying to work ... is to leave it like this until an update.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

I can't get it to work either. Yet again I get the "no DCS detected" in the Voice Attack log and I'm asked to follow the steps on Page 33 of the manual AGAIN! I too have given up and await the next update whenever that may be.

i7 7700 @ 4.7GHz--GTX1080ti--Samsung SSD 500GB--32 gigs of RAM--TH Warthog--Crosswinds rudder--HP Reverb--Dedicated Sim room.

If testing goes to plan plugin 2.5.3 will be available this weekend.

Thanks!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Viacom causes issues with Simtools and Simshaker

Hi Hollywood

please see this thread and responses mayhelp to track down issues?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3522329&postcount=1145 its in the Simshaker thread

Neal

Desktop PC:

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

+++ Release update 2.5.3 +++

Greetings all,

Plugin version 2.5.3 can now be downloaded:

This update includes

- Revised lua code with various fixes (auto-updates),

- Complete FA-18C support for use with Easy Comms ON and OFF,

- Added aircraft carrier group ATCs for CVN-74 Stennis and CG-60 Normandy,

- Native support for Persian Gulf theater ATCs.

EXISTING VAICOM PRO USERS:

- Your license data and speech recognition profile will remain unchanged during this update.

- It is required you remove your existing plugin installation first:

1 If you want to keep a reference to your current database, use the csv export function.

2 If you don't want to download it again, first make a copy of your Chatter.dll file.

3 Use the RESET tab to clear current lua code and close VA.

4 Next remove your existing VAICOMPRO folder with all contents completely (from the VoiceAttack Apps subfolder).

5 Then proceed with regular plugin installation for 2.5.3, i.e. copy the new VAICOMPRO folder from the zipfile.

6 When done, start VA and go through the Reload/FINISH steps in the keywords editor to update your VA profile. *)

*) There is currently a known VA issue (graphics bug) where the 'When I say' field shows blank.

Ignore this and follow the normal steps i.e. Ctrl-A, Delete, Ctrl-V, and store with OK.

- The plugin auto-installer will update the required lua code automatically. **)

- If you are using manual install, follow the instructions on User Manual page 33.

- Should you experience issues inspect the lua files and make sure any left-behind i.e. pre-2.5.3 code blocks are all properly removed.

**) To check lua status, enable debug mode and inspect the log on VA startup showing 5 green OK messages.

- Done.

Happy flying!

Hollywood

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Greetings all,

Plugin version 2.5.3 can now be downloaded:

This update includes

- Revised lua code with various fixes (auto-updates),

- Complete FA-18C support for use with Easy Comms ON and OFF,

- Added aircraft carrier group ATCs for CVN-74 Stennis and CG-60 Normandy,

- Native support for Persian Gulf theater ATCs.

EXISTING VAICOM PRO USERS:

- Your license data and speech recognition profile will remain unchanged during this update.

- It is required you remove your existing plugin installation first:

1 If you want to keep a reference to your current database, use the csv export function.

2 If you don't want to download it again, first make a copy of your Chatter.dll file.

3 Use the RESET tab to clear current lua code and close VA.

4 Next remove your existing VAICOMPRO folder with all contents completely (from the VoiceAttack Apps subfolder).

5 Then proceed with regular plugin installation for 2.5.3, i.e. copy the new VAICOMPRO folder from the zipfile.

6 When done, start VA and go through the Reload/FINISH steps in the keywords editor to update your VA profile. *)

*) There is currently a known VA issue (graphics bug) where the 'When I say' field shows blank.

Ignore this and follow the normal steps i.e. Ctrl-A, Delete, Ctrl-V, and store with OK.

- The plugin auto-installer will update the required lua code automatically. **)

- If you are using manual install, follow the instructions on User Manual page 33.

- Should you experience issues inspect the lua files and make sure any left-behind i.e. pre-2.5.3 code blocks are all properly removed.

**) To check lua status, enable debug mode and inspect the log on VA startup showing 5 green OK messages.

- Done.

Happy flying!

Hollywood

Thank you... thank you...

Everything works again...

Vaicom + simshaker is back at the same time in my simpit :D

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

Hoolywood

I really do not know what I should be doing wrong, I have followed your instructions 3 times, and I can not make it work in Open Beta, not in 2.5.0, which works perfect.

In both cases I received the confirmation beep, but only works in 2.5.0

What else can I do?

EDITED

After 5 attempts, I got it to work in both scenarios.

I did again as indicated, but also after point 3

(3 Use the RESET tab to clear current lua code and close VA),

I deleted the files in Saves:

1.Export.lua and export.lua.old

2.The VAICOMPRO folder

and in EagleDinamics, the files:

1.Radiocommand ...... lua.old

2.Speach.lua.old

3.tabsheetbar.lua.old

And then, I continued with step 4

And now it works correctly.

Edited by Colmillo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Still issues with 2.5.3

Hi Hollywood

followed the procedure and still have the same result Viacom works Simshaker and Simtools do not, delete the viacom .lua code and both work again. My export.lua code is:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Export plugin for SimTools V3
-- Version 1.0
-- Export start
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Myfunction =

{
Start=function(self)
package.path = package.path..";.\\LuaSocket\\?.lua"
package.cpath = package.cpath..";.\\LuaSocket\\?.dll"
socket = require("socket")

my_init = socket.protect(function()
	-- export telemetry to SimTools
	host1 = host1 or "127.0.0.1"
	port1 = port1 or 41230
	c = socket.udp ( )
	c:settimeout ( 0 )
	c:setpeername ( host1, port1 )
--		c:send ( "Hello Wolrd!" )
--		c1 = socket.try(socket.connect(host1, port1)) -- connect to the listener socket
--		c1:setoption("tcp-nodelay",true) -- set immediate transmission mode
--		c1:settimeout(.01)
end)
my_init()
end,

AfterNextFrame=function(self)

local altRad = LoGetAltitudeAboveGroundLevel()
local pitch, roll, yaw = LoGetADIPitchBankYaw()
local accel = LoGetAccelerationUnits()

-- convert to degrees to make the math easier
pitch = pitch * 57.295779;
roll = roll * 57.295779;

--dbg_file:write(string.format( "p=%.1f r=%.1f ", pitch, roll))

-- STEVE reduce roll by when pitch > 45deg
if pitch > 45 then
local multiplier = 1- (pitch-45)/30
if multiplier < 0 then
multiplier = 0;
end
roll = roll*multiplier
--dbg_file:write(string.format("PITCH>45: p=%.1f r=%.1f m=%.3f ", pitch, roll, multiplier))
end

-- STEVE returns roll back to zero as it passes +/- 90 degrees to avoiding the -179 to 179 flip that occurs in a full roll
if roll > 90 then
roll = 180 - roll
--dbg_file:write(string.format("ROLL>90: p=%.1f r=%.1f ", pitch, roll))
elseif roll < -90 then
roll = -(180 + roll)
--dbg_file:write(string.format("ROLL<-90: p=%.1f r=%.1f ", pitch, roll))
end

--dbg_file:write(string.format("\n"))

-- reduce forces on ground
if altRad < 3 then
accel.x = accel.x * 0.25
accel.y = accel.y * 0.25
accel.z = accel.z * 0.25
end

my_send = socket.protect(function()
if c then
-- socket.try(c1:send(string.format("%.3f; %.3f; %.3f; %.3f; %.3f; %.3f;\n", pitch*1000.0, bank*1000.0, yaw*1000.0, accel.x*1000.0, accel.y*1000.0, accel.z*1000.0)))
socket.try(c:send(string.format("%.4f; %.4f; %.4f; %.4f; %.4f; %.4f;\n", pitch/57.295779, roll/57.295779, yaw, accel.x, accel.y, accel.z)))

end
end)
my_send()

end,

Stop=function(self)
my_close = socket.protect(function()
	if c then
		c:close()
	end
end)
my_close()
end
}

-- =============
-- Overload
-- =============

-- Works once just before mission start.
do
local PrevLuaExportStart=LuaExportStart
LuaExportStart=function()
	Myfunction:Start()
	if PrevLuaExportStart then
		PrevLuaExportStart()
	end
end
end

-- Works just after every simulation frame.
do
local PrevLuaExportAfterNextFrame=LuaExportAfterNextFrame
LuaExportAfterNextFrame=function()
	Myfunction:AfterNextFrame()
	if PrevLuaExportAfterNextFrame then
		PrevLuaExportAfterNextFrame()
	end
end
end

-- Works once just after mission stop.
do
local PrevLuaExportStop=LuaExportStop
LuaExportStop=function()
	Myfunction:Stop()
	if PrevLuaExportStop then
		PrevLuaExportStop()
	end
end
end

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])

local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])

-- VAICOM PRO server-side script
-- Export.lua (append)
-- version 2.5.3
-- do not edit next line:
-- CE00397E-A49E-434D-9EEC-AB2E6D9BAA18 

local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])

not sure if that helps at all?

Neal

Desktop PC: