VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Can someone confirm they can get the VA call "Texaco, Inent to Refuel" to work with the latest version of VA pro and DCS 2.5 beta?

I have not been able to get "Intent to Refuel" to work while I can get all other calls to work, including "Ready Pre Contact".

I'm think not. If you see the manual, page 42, the phrase "intent to refuel" exist but...

Is not present in the command phrase (ctrl. alt. C)

Try adding it as an ALIAS to Approaching to refuel.

Edited by Colmillo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

Yeah, I added ‘Looking for fuel’ and ‘Need to tank’ but also use the standard ‘Approaching for fuel’. Did you try recording your voice saying ‘Intent to refuel’? Have a look under the Approaching for fuel drop down and see if Intent to refuel is there.

It could be that it’s under one of Chief’s block sayings when on the ground, therefore it wouldn’t work.

I know there was an issue with one of the refuelling phrases but can’t remember what it was.

I prefer to use In position instead of Ready precontact as it doesn’t hear my voice correctly at all for that phrase.

Edited by mr_mojo97

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Hi,

I have a standalone installation of DCS and a Steam Installation. VIACOM works with the standalone but not the Steam version.

There are no visible plugin errors, I can actuate my hotkeys and VIACOM recognises phrases. But, there appears to be no connection between VIACOM and DCS launched through Steam. The PTT window does not reconfigure to the selected module, commands are not sent to the sim and the only noticeable thing that happens in the sim when a PTT button is pressed is that the comms menu for the selected radio appears.

I have tried a manual installation as dictated in the manual but it appeared to make no difference.

So everything was working great this morning, then the update came out and now nothing is working. VoiceAttack is hearing everything, it's just not translating to anything in the game.

EDIT: Okay got that sorted out but now the weird thing is I press my PTT, say what I want and release my PTT. The command doesn't go through unless I quick press and release my PTT again. It's like it gets queued up, and then you press the PTT to transmit it.

So some more messing around. It seems if I turn Easy comms on, that issue goes away and everything acts how it should.

Edited by AnthonyD5189

How can I do a clean removal and install of VAICOMPRO I have never been able to use it since I got it I know its me. I really would like to get it working for F-18

This instruction helped me:

1 If you want to keep a reference to your current database, use the csv export function.

2 If you don't want to download it again, first make a copy of your Chatter.dll file.

3 Use the RESET tab to clear current lua code and close VA.

4 Next remove your existing VAICOMPRO folder with all contents completely (from the VoiceAttack Apps subfolder).

and after that You may do a new installation - according the readme and *.pdf guide

i7-6700k (4.7 GHz) // RAM 32 Gb // GTX 1070 // // Windows 10 64-bit LTSB;

VKB Gunfighter Mk2 Pro + VKB MCG Pro // BRD-F1(v.2) // Oculus Rift cv1 // BRD-N(v. №4) // VKB King Cobra MkII Fat // VKB King Cobra MkIII Fat // Saitek X55 // Saitek throttle Quadrant // Microsoft FFB 2 // Saitek X45 // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog // VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals // VKB RDRXXI-L // TrackIR 5

Having problems with Keyword Editor.

Can anyone advise?

I have always had a major problem with the keyword editor. It does not appear to work as intended despite following the instructions.

For instance, I enable the Keyword editor in VA, then enable the MSVR, and select the keyword I want to train. When I the say out loud for example "Abort Inbound", a MSVR pop up window appears with a "Alternatives panel" with various options as to what i thinks I said. Nothing ever registers in the VA window.

I'm on the latest VA plugin, but I have always had this problem. Generally I use the default MS voice rec 8.0 UK, but I have tried the US version too as suggested a while back. It makes no difference.

Hi!

I have VA and Vaicom Pro and it works great, with one little exception.

When 107th TTI is hosting a Caucasus map, whenever I try to issue a voice command, the plugin crashes with VoiceAttack. Non, plugin commands work fine.

So, if I press one of the TX buttons, I get the "chrchr", say my command, let go of my TX button, and then nothing happens. And when I check VoiceAttack, it basically closed itself (icon in the task bar, but hovering over it it vanishes).

Any clue what might cause this?

It works fine on other maps and in single player.

This is the log:

VAICOM PRO logfile

Plugin version 2.5.3 build 180610-01

License: PRO

Executing automatic lua code installation.

DCS World installation found: version 2.5

Using Registry entry for 2.5

DCS World installation path = E:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

Saved Games folder = C:\Users\Fran\Saved Games\DCS

Installation OK: Export.lua contains up-to-date file identifier.

Installation OK: VAICOMPRO.export.lua contains up-to-date file identifier.

Installation OK: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua contains up-to-date file identifier.

Installation OK: speech.lua contains up-to-date file identifier.

Installation OK: TabSheetBar.lua contains up-to-date file identifier.

Lua integrity counter: 5/5.

DCS World version 2.5 OpenBeta not found.

DCS World version 2.2 OpenAlpha not found.

Checking VA profile.

Updating keywords database...

Success.

Loading keywords database...

Success.

Loading F10 menu items...

Imported menu items

Adding 0 imported ATCs.

Adding 0 imported menu commands.

Building master keywords table...

Success.

Building master labels table...

Success.

No new DCS modules to import.

Exported aliases to keywords.txt, keyword count = 480

Current profile string does not match database.

Adding themepack collections

Chatter theme set to Default

Adding chatter resources.. Default

Resources added.

Chatter initialized.

Startup finished.

Ready for commands.

I'm a bit at my wits end...

Hey Nanny

Interesting, never heard that one before. Let's see what we can find out.

The log looks just fine except that the line Current profile string does not match database

suggests you need to update your VA profile by following the FINISH steps in the editor.

Probably unrelated but can you do that first and then test again.

I'll catch you on PM with a few more questions.

Grtz

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Ahhhh, I was hoping it would be this simple @Hollywood_315 but unfortunately the dreaded Alternatives Panel keeps popping up and VA does not register any commands. Is there another way of forcing it to learn my voice for each command. I don't particularly have a strong accent yet it struggles to understand me most of the time for the preset commands.

Slightly off topic but is there a way to have VA make a sound if your spoken command is successfully heard by VA?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Slightly off topic but is there a way to have VA make a sound if your spoken command is successfully heard by VA?

It's already there. See p15 of the manual. You get a beep if the command is accepted.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I have trouble download the zip file from homepage of VAICOM. The download speed is incredible slow and it stop in the middle (just 800kB). Could you check your file server?

P.S I have just tried to download directly to Google Drive and it stuck at 40%. There must be an issue with your server

Edited by tom_vn

I've been trying to get this to work for about 10 hours now with no luck. I have done every thing from reinstall to repairing still no luck. I cant get the commands to work in the sim when the plugin wants to work, and when it don't, I cant even bring up the config.

Untitled.thumb.png.4fc34759a7176d877b71376e11d42022.png

Untitled1.png.964e0a22f2f7484bdade9eb8cecc8d7f.png

Edited by [Knight]

@Knight

At the bottom right after Plugin Support Enabled is a line relating to *chatter* that shouldn't be there.

Can't read what it says atm because of the red circle in front of it.

It looks though as if you have some press-and-hold button inadvertently triggering chatter during initialize.

Try disabling joystick input (the gamepad icon) and restart VA.

Then edit the profile and change the chatter button.

If that doesn't fix it catch me on PM and we'll get it sorted.

EDIT: Solved.

@tom_vn

All cloud-hosted stuff, download works ok here.

Perhaps some temp hikkup: suggest to try again.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Hi Hollywood:

I have a question, in preferences I have activated the import of items F10. How should I do, if I want to delete any of them in the keyword editor tab? (the program only allows deleting aliases)

Thank you

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

Has anyone been using Vaicom with BDs new Mirage Red Flag campaign? If so, how are you using it? It’s full of F10 menu commands!

Also I was going to use Vaicom to bind TX3 which is unused for Mirage to the space bar for this campaign, but it doesn’t work. Any ideas? Thanks

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I'm another one having problems with commands being recognised but not getting any response from DCS.

I've got some weird installation issue which I thought might be the culprit. VAICOM is putting files on my M drive, which is where I had an old DCS installation. It creates a 'DCS World OpenBeta' folder, which contains just the Scripts, Sounds and their subfolders and files. I've confirmed this is 'current' by deleting it, and the whole lot reappears each time I start Voice Attack.

I've discovered that if I use the 'Manage DCS-side files manually' option, the above stops happening. I carefully followed the steps in the user manual about copying and appending the various files.

Unfortunately there's still no sign of communication between VAICOM and DCS. Any ideas?

Edit: I've also installed the chatter extension but can't get anything out of that either. '0' appears to start and stop it according to the log, but I'm not hearing anything.

Edited by Brun

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals