VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Not sure if this is a VA thing or Vaicom thing, but I get the following message in 1.7.3.

" The keywords database was updated: apply FINISH steps to update the VA profile."

Not sure where I am supposed to apply finish steps?

Also I have noticed with 1.7.3 occasionally when I start VA it just closes, then have to start again.

I was getting that before the update.

If you have selected the import f10 menus thing then it is asking you to import the commands into your profile.

There does seem to be an issue for me where the prompt doesn't go away even after completing the steps and that was before the current update to VA or VAICOM

couple of pages back here is a route to get rid of the message if you have selected the option in the plugin by accident and didn't actually want any additional keywords ?

Not sure if this is a VA thing or Vaicom thing, but I get the following message in 1.7.3.

" The keywords database was updated: apply FINISH steps to update the VA profile."

Not sure where I am supposed to apply finish steps?

Also I have noticed with 1.7.3 occasionally when I start VA it just closes, then have to start again.

Did you change or add any keywords? I did not, but when I checked the last command changed (CTL + LMB on the pencil icon) it showed where I assigned PTT to TX4. So, I hit FINISH on the Keyword Editor, then pulled up the one change I made (using the last command changed above) and hit OKAY and that message went away.

Don't know why it would close by itself. Maybe it needs that final step.

I just realized I'm on 1.7.2 so my comments are probably not valid. I see where Hollywood is working with Voice Attack. Seems to be the update to Voice Attack 1.7.3 is the problem.

Edited by Czech6
Changed response

Just for shiggles I have rolled back voice attack to 1.7.2 to see if that makes a difference? Worst case scenario I will do a fresh install of plugins as well but currently 1.7.2 is running

On another topic

Is there a 'depth' limit to the imported menu commands as I imported the menu selections from 'through the inferno' and some of the commands (generate crates and stuff) work but the commands to commence missions, whilst recognised, prompt with waiting for additional commands?

It then seems to get its knickers in a bunch and reports that it requires the final steps (even though I have rinsed and repeated) this was the case prior to any of the update woes so totally unrelated just a question

Edited by BaLrOg

Purchased this today. Really took my time following the instructions and it worked first time. However it just seems a bit hit and miss. I have done the voice training training but still very patchy.

I want to have the ability to get AI to attack ground targets from a certain direction but this seems a bit to much for what seems like an excellent little plug in.

I did that.....no joy!

Hmmm

tbh still learning to fly solo so ordering wingmen is on 'the list' still it says you can do it so I guess the obvious ones are is easy communication enabled what radio selection option are you using multi or single?

hope you get it fixed its a cool mod although as with all my experiences with all VA its always a little hit and miss.

:cry:

Had to do a clean install, don't put ASUS stuff, especially the audio chipset drivers that include the sonic suite on, it drives voice recognition crazy and causes issues with this plugin. Wouldn't have figured out the problem without other posts about it here. Now works like a champ, the engine recognizes nearly all commands and individual modules are recognized.

Only part left is actually learn the phrases of what to say, seems quite handy for what it can do.

A-4 mod functionality

Anyone have any luck getting this to work with A4 mod. I guess I realize the radios aren't implemented but it would nice to be able to talk to the crew chief, or use the additional view commands I have programmed on my own..

since the A4 community mod is not an official module Viacom doesn't seem to recognize and will not execute any of my commands..

+++ VA 1.7.3 update procedure +++

@all To re-confirm the update procedure for VA 1.7.3 is as follows

1) Have VA 1.7.3 installed first (clean, i.e. do not make any dll changes),

2) Then install the latest plugin build.

The plugin updater includes a reminder to update VA first.

With the current hotfix there can still be occasional ctd on VA startup.

A permafix for that is being tested atm and will be part of next plugin update.

Cheers

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

I'm trying to get the JTAC Commands to work with the F18. The main problem is that the commands "checking in" and "check in" are not included in the command list. I'm able to add the command in the VA Profile but did not get it within the VAICOM Control Panel (Keyword List).

Is there a way to add commands for the Keyword list manually?

Thanks

@dburne The FINISH step is part of the procedure to update your keywords database: details in the manual.

@mmcintosh Thanks for updating. See previous post (#1264), feel free to send a PM if you need additional help.

@BaLrOg For the import menus there is no iteration depth limit in practical terms.

The imported commands are added to the database starting with ACTION keyword initially.

Using the keywords editor you can then edit these commands further.

@epolta Mods are not supported by the plugin, although depending on how they were designed some mods may still work.

@Nodak Thanks for that tip on Sonic Suite, I've had similar reports previously where audio driver tools can interfere with proper recognition.

Indeed recommended to turn off all such tools and rely only on Windows standard functions.

@Mule The appendices for weapons directives and attack direction can be used for the DCS modules that support them.

Not all DCS modules support attack direction cues but e.g. the A-10C does. You need to have the 'Use Appendices' option enabled in plugin preferences.

@Tom Look for the Playtime commands to check in with JTAC: more details in the Reference sections in the manual.

:joystick:

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

@BaLrOg For the import menus there is no iteration depth limit in practical terms.

The imported commands are added to the database starting with ACTION keyword initially.

Using the keywords editor you can then edit these commands further.

:joystick:

thanks for the update and info Hollywood I rolled my install of VA back to 1.7.2 and all seems to be as it was before I borked my update :D good to hear its being worked on.

I havent rolled back Vaicom so will see what happens when the next one comes along.

With regards to the F10 option I followed the complete process and edited the commands after updating the ai commands collection. restarted VA and get the results I described

E.G .

imported command: Action A2G helo mission

Edited subsequently to : Action Air to Ground helo

I left the mission portion out as initially I wondered if it was a conflict with another command as it is recognising the phrase but not as an imported command and is requesting additional input? My own additional commands such as 'auto start up' 'gear up' 'uncage shkval' etc work seamlessly

An example, debug shows this and performs the command.

10:16:21 - Specific recipient called, instant select mode = True

10:16:21 - Matched imported F10 menu command.

10:16:21 - Have result, identified as command : Group

10:16:21 - Have result, identified as importedmenus : Action Load 23 Man Group

10:16:21 - Captured sentence: action load 23 man group

10:16:21 - Recognized : 'action load 23 man group'

When I try any of the actions for missions I get

10:16:59 - (awaiting additional input)

10:16:59 - Captured sentence: action air to ground helo

10:16:59 - Recognized : 'action air to ground helo'

both commands were imported at the same time but something does seem to be broken in the keywords side of things as at the point of starting the script it lists all the imported commands but refuses to acknowledge that I have completed the final steps previously.

I have rinsed and repeated the import menu process so many times now I can do it blindfold.

I notice that you have the 'Take 1' commands for menu interaction and that will be the work around.

Many thanks :thumbup:

The plugin updater includes a reminder to update VA first.

With the current hotfix there can still be occasional ctd on VA startup.

A permafix for that is being tested atm and will be part of next plugin update.

Cheers

Seems to be a consistent CTD for me, the event logs complain about "Could not load file or assembly 'SharpDX.DirectInput, Version=4.1.0.0" followed by a .NET runtime error. Removing the plugin directory under VA Apps allows Voice Attack to launch.

@Biga Yeah it seems the message sometimes doesn't get properly reset. Will be looked into, for now just ignore it if your database is already up-to-date.

@BaLrOg OK in the default database there is already an alias 'Mission', also 'Group': delete or rename and see how you get on then.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

@dburne The FINISH step is part of the procedure to update your keywords database: details in the manual.

Thanks but I seem to be struggling with this, on how exactly to delete the existing keywords - do I go into each and every ai communications command and delete each one first?

Edit: Got it sorted thanks to Hollywood's help, just needed to click on the consolidate icon for the ai communications commands.

Hopefully good to go now.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Heya Don

Make sure commands in VA are consolidated

Grtz

multipart_orig.png

:thumbup:

Yeah got your PM and that was it, thanks much!

I did try doing it on the first category before I knew this, hope I did not mess anything up. All at least appears to be ok for now.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

hi All

with the current Viacom pro 2.5.5 install I get a crash the first time; I open up voice attack, just after the "initializing" note in the VA UI. the 2nd time I open it up it works fine however, any help in diagnosing or should I just roll back to an earlier version?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

hi All

with the current Viacom pro 2.5.5 install I get a crash the first time; I open up voice attack, just after the "initializing" note in the VA UI. the 2nd time I open it up it works fine however, any help in diagnosing or should I just roll back to an earlier version?

I rolled back Voice attack to 1.7.2 in the end as 'currently' I dont appear to require whatever 1.7.3 brings to the table?

Worth checking you have not done what I did which was assumed I had 1.7.3 installed as that was what resulted in me having issues.

That said I didnt roll back Vaicom and it seems to be behaving happily with 1.7.2 :pilotfly:

@hollywood same thing mate no joy but the 'take' command fills the gaps as a workaround.

What version of Viacom are you running then? I have 1.7.3 installed for VA I will try rolling it back to 1.7.2 and see what happens?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg