VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

ah roger that I can't seem to get at their web page; to get a copy of VA 1.7.2's installer

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

@Hollywood downloading the dll's and replacing them seems to have fixed it, thank you

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

i couldn't find it but replacing these these DLL's worked for me:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3698387&postcount=1248

Edited by speed-of-heat

Hi, Hollywood

it seems to me that if I unassign joystick (Joystick option of General tab), restarting the program is fine without CTD. However, not doing the unassign, it will crash.

Does this give you a clue as of what may cause the problem?

Regards,

Chih-Wei

Hi Hollywood, I keep having the following problem and have not been able to fix it. When flying a training mission I dial in the appropriate frequency, call the airfield, VA picks up the name I've called correctly and then, defaults to another airfield. This requires me to use the F key menu which defeats the purpose of VA and Vaicom. I have clicked 'allow instant select' but that doesn't help. Any ideas?

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i5 8600K CPU @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 500GB SSD (Exclusively for DCS World), Thrustmaster Warthog, Logitech G Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals. Track IR 5 with Pro Clip. Vaicom Pro.

EASA PPL(A), Glider Aerobatics. Modules: A-10C, F/A-18C, F-5E, Mirage 2000C, AV-8B N/A, Yak 52, Flaming Cliffs 3, Heatblur F14B/A, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle and all but one of the warbirds. Caucuses, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, Channel and Syria.

Hi Hollywood, I keep having the following problem and have not been able to fix it. When flying a training mission I dial in the appropriate frequency, call the airfield, VA picks up the name I've called correctly and then, defaults to another airfield. This requires me to use the F key menu which defeats the purpose of VA and Vaicom. I have clicked 'allow instant select' but that doesn't help. Any ideas?

Seems i recall bug reports in other forums indicating that this is a DCS problem , not a Vaicom issue .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Holywood, or NE1, I cannot get anything with letters only, (ATC,JTAC,) to be recognized by V.A. is there a certain way to get VA to recognize these?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

RJ

Win10 64bit Intel Core i7 5930 3.5GZ /GA-X99-UD3-/HX1000W PS/32GB DDR4 2400MHz 1080 FE 8Gig 1TB-SSD-/ 2TB HDD-TM WH-TM MFD's- Combat Pro Pedals-Oculus Rift CV1

Well Hello Guys and Hello Hollywood,

remember me last problem? SRS was interfering with VA+VAICOM and after i placed the SRS line in Export.lua unterneath the one for VAICOM, everything worked. Know i wanted to be up to date software wise and updated to

DCS 2.5.3.24436

Voice Attack 1.7.3

VAICOM Pro 2.5.6

Simple Radio 1.5.5

Same Problem. VoiceAttack was not recognizing the running game although everything seemed to be ok regarding the debug messages. See attached log for more information. This time i had to remove the SRS line completely from Export.lua in order to get VA+VAICOM to work. Something fishy is going on here :lol: maybe this information helps someone or your development.

VAICOMPRO.txt

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Updated (using auto-updater) to version 2.5.6 - no issues

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

Updated (using auto-updater) to version 2.5.6 - no issues

I did too, bur update was never installed, so i had to do it manually.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just updated to 2.5.6 myself, look forward to seeing if this helps on the VA closing on start issue.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I've noticed that everytime I say "Tower, Request takeoff", VAICOM Pro repeats the first part in English (e.g., "Dreamlnad, Pontiac 1-1") and the rest (presumably "request takeoff") in Russian. I first noticed this in the F-5E and then found the same issue in F/A-18C as well as the A-10C. I suspect this is a pretty simple fix on my end, but I couldn't find an obvious fix in the manual. Any suggestions?

@Phil73805 You may have missed the answer I provided earlier, so copying:

Nearest ATC: if you speak too fast, recognition may miss your intended ATC name.

The system then defaults to the currently selected ATC, which is automatically set to the nearest tower at start of the mission.

Try with slowing your pace, listening for the soft recipient confirmation blip before finishing the ATC command.

@Skipper Not reproduceable: for reference the following has been tested to run together in parallel

DCS 2.5.3.24436, SSA 1.3.2.1 w/ SoundModule 2.8, SRS 1.5.5.0 (server+client), VA 1.7.4, VAICOM PRO 2.5.6, TacView 1.7.4. Any order in export.lua.

You may want to inspect your SRS (luas) and other apps installs.

@strike277 Blinking menus mean you have a lua install problem.

Use the custom folder option to point to your DCS World location, use the ob flag for openbeta.

Thanks

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

:thumbup:

Latest version seems to have fixed my issue I had at times with VA closing right after launching.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

@Phil73805 You may have missed the answer I provided earlier, so copying:

A thousand pardons sir. However, I had already thought of that and slowed my delivery, waited for the 'bing', visually checked the recognition and then continued to pass my message. Same result. It still defaults to a different (possibly closer) airfield.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i5 8600K CPU @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 500GB SSD (Exclusively for DCS World), Thrustmaster Warthog, Logitech G Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals. Track IR 5 with Pro Clip. Vaicom Pro.

EASA PPL(A), Glider Aerobatics. Modules: A-10C, F/A-18C, F-5E, Mirage 2000C, AV-8B N/A, Yak 52, Flaming Cliffs 3, Heatblur F14B/A, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle and all but one of the warbirds. Caucuses, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, Channel and Syria.

Thanks Phil. OK in that case what you're experiecing is most likely mission-design specific, i.e. a problem in DCS itself.

ATC's can have both unit names and unit callsigns assigned and I've seen some examples of mission design where inadvertently an airfield name gets assigned as callsign to another airfield.

You get the picture: that would cause the symptoms you're describing.

Suggest to test with some other missions, PM inbound.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

I downloaded the Speech Recognition Profile Backup & Restore Tool ran the install but wasn't clear on what to do next?

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

@strike277 Blinking menus mean you have a lua install problem.

Use the custom folder option to point to your DCS World location, use the ob flag for openbeta.

Thanks

I tried the custom folder option. Pointed it to \Dcs World\ and set the ob flag. It's still blinking.

Your Search-Fu is far better than mine!

Hi,

I wanted to report an issue and what my traceback steps to help diagnose. While I'll admit I only read back 5 pages or so in this thread, I saw some CTD issues but they seem related to voice attack so I think this is new.

While I'm willing to admit it's odd nobody else has reported this, I will say that ironically if you use VAICOM you might not run into it.

Issue: When manually inputting radio commands, specifically to ATC DCS will crash. For instance, if I request startup manually I'll get a crash. Same thing with some of the wingman commands.

Now, the obvious thing to say here is "well just use voice commands, that is what it's for" but I still think this is an issue that should be fixed. Sometimes I can't remember the right command, frankly it can be aster to hit the key combo, the speech engine doesn't understand me etc.

Why I think it's VAICOM related: You can see from the log below that the error begins at line 1991 in RadioCommandDiaglogsPanel.lua which is after the VAICOM append. In short, just removing the VAICOM append from just that file and having the issue resolve was enough to prompt this post.

dcs.log excerpt (before crash)

2018-11-27 07:33:31.923 ERROR WRADIO: CommandDialogsPanel: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.selectMenuItem error [string "Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua"]:1991: attempt to index local 'communicator' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[string "Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua"]:1991: in function 'selectAndTuneCommunicator'

[string "Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua"]:525: in function 'perform'

[string "Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua"]:1208: in function 'onDialogCommand'

[string "./Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/CommandMenu.lua"]:560: in function 'onCommand'

[string "./Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/CommandMenu.lua"]:541: in function 'performCommands'

[string "./Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/CommandMenu.lua"]:504: in function 'selectCommand_'

[string "./Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/CommandMenu.lua"]:250: in function 'outputSymbol'

[string "./Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/CommandMenu.lua"]:658: in function 'handler'

[string "./Scripts/Common/fsm.lua"]:101: in function 'onSymbol'

[string "./Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/CommandMenu.lua"]:515: in function 'selectMenuItem'

[string "./Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/CommandDialogsPanel.lua"]:498: in function 'selectMenuItem'

[string "Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua"]:1635: in function <[string "Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua"]:1634>

Things I've tried already:

• More than one aircraft (F18 and F5)
  • Tried general missions and a campaign
  • Updated drivers, rebooted pc, latest versions all relevant programs and even told VAICOM it
    was pretty
  • Reverted the RadioDiag 'append code' to the 2.5.5 (a) version I found within my backups (which also didn't work)
  • Ran with Voice Attack/VAICOM closed, still crashed I assume because it doesn't remove the append
  • Tried other radio commands like the F5 specific startup commands (ground air) which did **NOT** crash the game, only ATC, flight etc.
  • Reinstalling VAICOM, updating the databases etc (followed directions from previous posts)

Using the compare view in Notepad++ I can see some changes were made within the RadioDiag..... file. When I reverted I did just try the block in the Radio lua and not ALL of them because at that point I had decided it was for sure a bug and had spent enough time on it prior to reporting it :) Thanks, let me know if you need any more info.

Hopefully, that is enough detail and validation to give you an idea of where to look in your code to troubleshoot, quickly rule it out as a "me" or already solved problem. I hadn't played DCS for like a month, whenever that happens I'm fully prepared for virtually everything to be broken so I can't tell you how long it's been going on and really only felt obligated to dig through the last 5 pages of this post :)