VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Press lctrl lalt + C at the third Tap Auto Brief unhooked

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

Thanks for posting that. I thought it was a Windows "Narrartor" problem.

What do you mean by "third tap" ?

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Noob question:

So when setting up the PTT, the manual appears to be saying to delete any keyboard or controllers assigned to your radios? So then, how does VAICOM interact with the radios? Maybe I am misunderstanding... But It is not working for me.

I have LWin+LShift+1 assigned to Radio 1 in the VAICOM profile. When I press my hotas button I see the 'Transmit' message appear on the VAICOM Config window. But it doesn't work. The game's Comm menu doesn't open, and my Request to Taxi never happens.

However, if I add the RAlt+\ keycommand to Radio 1, I can get the menu up and Request to Taxi, and it works. So, my radios are setup to the correct frequency, and my aircraft can communicate to the tower.. :cry:

PS:

I have PTT on Multi. I am flying the OBeta, and the Config Window shows my F/A-18c HORNET. I have setup the Configuration tab to 'Use custom DCS path' and Set it to the OB folder and checked the OB checkbox. So it seems to know I am flying the OB.

EDIT:

Got it working(kinda). Somehow my mic switch on the cable got flipped off. Doh!!

Nellis ATC responds when I ask to taxi. But not when I request to Takeoff? They don't respond at all. VA log says: "1:56:50 PM - There are currently no Flight recipients available." :doh::joystick: Why??

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Tab labelled EX

:thumbup: Thanks !

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am building a complete new system next week.

Would like to back up my Vaicom PTT settings - is it just the file under the Config folder?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

You can export dcs provile with Alt+X or icon next to pencil icon (with pluses and arrow).

And settings of voiceattack itself from wrench tool icon and last tab (system / advanced)

I am building a complete new system next week.

Would like to back up my Vaicom PTT settings - is it just the file under the Config folder?

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

You can export dcs provile with Alt+X or icon next to pencil icon (with pluses and arrow).

And settings of voiceattack itself from wrench tool icon and last tab (system / advanced)

Fantastic, you da man thanks!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

and maybe settings of vaicom itself is in VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO\Config not sure because is binary file but configuring vaicom is not such big deal I think.

Fantastic, you da man thanks!

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

and maybe settings of vaicom itself is in VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO\Config not sure because is binary file but configuring vaicom is not such big deal I think.

Thanks grabbed it also just in case.

Don B

@Hollywood:

I have some IMHO important note. Since my english is quite crappy, I struggle a lot with try pronounce that MSVR / vioiceattack understand me. I noticed one thing (not sure is real thing).

At Keyword Editor tab with active training mode, when:

- focus is on drop-down list with keyword for 40 tries maybe 1 or 2 successes (alternates panel from MSVR pop-up with list of words) sometimes windows insert or replace current keyword as well (windows dictation feature)

- but when I click on alias button before speak it works almost as a charm.

What you think, I'm right or I just tired and after hours of trying finally I managed speak correctly.

If is real thing (it helped me a lot, if knew it form the start) you can think about some side note in documentation in chapter KEYWORDS TRAINING MODE page 30.

dcs_footer500.jpg

Can anyone help me with this issue? I just redownloaded VA and Vaicom onto a new PC where DCS and the VA installs are on two separate drives, though I had manually set Vaicom to my DCS install.

At first it simply was not working with DCS, not that the files were not going to where they were supposed to, as I had checked to see if they indeed were.

After no luck there, I tried the manual install just to be sure, but ontop of the program still not working, I now get this error message:

20:16:53 - there was a problem sending state update request:Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: remoteEPSystem.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: remoteEP

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SendTo(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint remoteEP)

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SendTo(Byte[] buffer, EndPoint remoteEP)

at VAICOM.Core.sendupdaterequest()

Does anyone understand what could both be causing this error and that it is not working with DCS?

thanks in advance

I don't understand that error message. I don't think having DCS and VA on separate drives would prevent it working, but I'm not sure as mine is on the same drive. You said you manually set Vaicom to your DCS install. Did you install Vaicom into the VA Apps folder?

So I've been away from DCS for a while, came back and updated my voice attack and all that. Now it's not working. I get the tone that my command has been accepted but nothing happens in the game. Also when I have the Vaicom Pro config window open, it doesn't show the aircraft I'm in, only "- - - -" Any help would be appreciated.

Command Delay:

So, I finally have VAICOM working most of the time. But I sometimes, it has a long delay(45 seconds) before it issues my spoken command. The Log window recognized the command and beeps, so I assume it is telling DCS the Radio command. But I have to wait 45+ seconds before DCS says and displays my command on the screen.

Is this something I can fix? It's pretty annoying. :joystick:

Missing 'Request Landing' command:

Most of the time, after I have Requested Vector to the airbase, and reported Inbound, I 'Request Landing', but get NO Response. A friend told me that he has to be lined up on Final for it to work. I have done this many times and still no response. When I look in the Radio Menu, there is NEVER a Request Landing command available.

Yesterday was the first time it worked! It worked only once at Creech on NTTR. I had to be lined up with the runway about 8 miles out. I was surprised that the command was issued and appeared on the screen "Indian Springs, Uzi 1-1, Request Landing", and they responded!!!

So, I looked on the Radio menu for Creech ATC and there was still NO Request Landing command on the menu!

Is this a bug??

How can VAICOM issue a Radio Command that doesn't exist on the menus?

And why is it not there.. or what do you have to do to make it appear? :joystick:

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

@Slayer, Anthony The plugin install is linked to MS Windows.

If you copied your folder around to a different machine, delete the Config and Database subfolders and restart VA.

Drive locations etc. are irrelevant but the reg entries must be valid for the auto-installer to work: use the Custom Folder option and disable other apps in export.lua to test if needed.

@Snacks Yes VAICOM PRO can send commands that are not in the menu. Lots, in fact. It uses a dedicated system to hook directly in to the DCS core and bypass the menu system altogether.

This is why the plugin can deal with complex dynamically shifting states such as e.g. for (multiple) ATC and JTAC recipients, which cannot be done with regular VA profiles.

Getting an answer in a dialog depends on the DCS core state i.e. if certain conditions are met such as being lined up to the runway, having passed previous calls, etc.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@Snacks Yes VAICOM PRO can send commands that are not in the menu. Lots, in fact. It uses a dedicated system to hook directly in to the DCS core and bypass the menu system altogether.

This is why the plugin can deal with complex dynamically shifting states such as e.g. for (multiple) ATC and JTAC recipients, which cannot be done with regular VA profiles.

Getting an answer in a dialog depends on the DCS core state i.e. if certain conditions are met such as being lined up to the runway, having passed previous calls, etc.

Thanks for that answer. Is there any documentation 'tree', or any way I could read about this lining up for the runway trick? I found out a few days ago that the reason I got no response for a Request Takeoff, was that I was not at the correct Runway apron at Nellis(2 runways). This 'trial and error' is not a good way to learn these rules.

Also, any idea about my Command Delay that I posted above?

Slayer, sorry I couldn't help you. I had a memory lapse.

I do have mine on two drives on my new build. While waiting on a larger drive I had everything on a single drive with my OS and later moved all the games and sims. I had to go through the Custom Folder Option as Hollywood points out, but I forgot about doing that since it was a one time deal and quickly forgotten.

Command Delay:

So, I finally have VAICOM working most of the time. But I sometimes, it has a long delay(45 seconds) before it issues my spoken command. The Log window recognized the command and beeps, so I assume it is telling DCS the Radio command. But I have to wait 45+ seconds before DCS says and displays my command on the screen.

Is this something I can fix? It's pretty annoying. :joystick:

Snacko, check your VA Options\Recognition menu. Is there any time set on the Recognized Speech Delay drop down? Should be at zero to start.

Edited by Czech6

"@Slayer, Anthony The plugin install is linked to MS Windows.

If you copied your folder around to a different machine, delete the Config and Database subfolders and restart VA."

Awesome, did that and now I'm not getting that error anymore, but now I have the original issue where my module isn't showing up and DCS is not responding to Vaicom; anything I can do about this part, or a link to where someone else has already done so?