VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

from website faq:

Q: I get this message: 'UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, PLUGIN NOT VALID FOR THIS VERSION OF VOICEATTACK' ,what do I do?

A: You see this message when you have switched profiles in VoiceAttack. VAICOM PRO works with just one profile and switching is not needed. Select the correct profile i.e. 'VAICOM PRO for DCS World', restart VoiceAttack and things will be back to normal.

That is fine but not sure I understand the wording there.

I understand Vaicom just uses one profile for Voice Attack.

But there are other games that utilize Voice Attack, hence the reason one would set up some profiles other than Vaicom profile.

So yes for me to use Voice Attack in another game that is required for me to switch to another profile to do so.

I would think switching back to the Vaicom Pro profile then should work as well, rather than get that message.

It is just somewhat misleading and requires me to close Voice Attack and open it again to get my Vaicom Pro profile to work again.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

from website faq:

Q: I get this message: 'UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, PLUGIN NOT VALID FOR THIS VERSION OF VOICEATTACK' ,what do I do?

A: You see this message when you have switched profiles in VoiceAttack. VAICOM PRO works with just one profile and switching is not needed. Select the correct profile i.e. 'VAICOM PRO for DCS World', restart VoiceAttack and things will be back to normal.

Iam getting the same message when I try to enter the config window and I only have one profile and I have not switched profiles at all and I paid for both versions of voice attack and Viacom pro it just started doing this with no changes whatsoever?

@FF PM sent

@Don When switching profile this message gets generated by VA not by the plugin. I've been in touch with VA about it but no joy. It's a minor inconvenience we'll just have to live with. Select the VAICOM profile and restart VA.

@Mojo Remember what your mother told you: Always Make A Backup :)

@Redeye Ok thanks we'll check the code for the FF command.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Guys,

I tried to find but couldn't. Is there a way to disable the mission briefing reading,pls?

TKs in advance,

Sydy

Press lctrl lalt + C at the EX tab uncheck Auto Brief

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

Press lctrl lalt + C at the EX tab uncheck Auto Brief

Glad I saw this - just did a new PC build and installed everything fresh and wondered why all of a sudden I was having a voice read this to me at mission start lol.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

@Hollywood_315

FYI... recently updated to...

Windows 10 1803 (KB440976)

DCS 2.5.4.26552

Vaicom Pro 2.5.8.2

VA 1.7.3

No issues to report - Seamless process with Pro Licence - 'Trouble-Free' and working perfect

I like the improvements to Vaicom Pro Control Panel - looking even more professional now:)

Thanks, for continuing to support this plugin - "an excellent product and a great enhancement to DCS"

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

Iam getting the same message when I try to enter the config window and I only have one profile and I have not switched profiles at all and I paid for both versions of voice attack and Viacom pro it just started doing this with no changes whatsoever?

Hollywood any ideas on my issue ?

@Don When switching profile this message gets generated by VA not by the plugin. I've been in touch with VA about it but no joy. It's a minor inconvenience we'll just have to live with. Select the VAICOM profile and restart VA.

Ok much thanks for the info.

Don B

I have Vaicom License (i'm italian) my problem is that often i'm below 60% of recognized confidence level i try to follow the instructions for to improve MS Speech recongnition but it doesn't get better ...

The strange things is seems that MSSR is not looking for words in VAICOM dictionary because the word displayed are like windows command or word searched in the open dwsktop windows ...

i.e.

KW vaicom "abort refuel" 40/45% confidence in VAICOM MSSR display a alternate dialog with something like "A bore if you like" and this also if the KW is recognized from Vaicom

sometimes is recognized from MSSR but not from Vaicom....like if they are two different things

Just to check that it isn't the quality or position of your mic that is causing the issue, maybe try speech recognition in Italian, to see if it yields better results. I know that Vaicom only works with English, but this might help to understand where the problem is

I have Vaicom License (i'm italian) my problem is that often i'm below 60% of recognized confidence level i try to follow the instructions for to improve MS Speech recongnition but it doesn't get better ...

The strange things is seems that MSSR is not looking for words in VAICOM dictionary because the word displayed are like windows command or word searched in the open dwsktop windows ...

i.e.

KW vaicom "abort refuel" 40/45% confidence in VAICOM MSSR display a alternate dialog with something like "A bore if you like" and this also if the KW is recognized from Vaicom

sometimes is recognized from MSSR but not from Vaicom....like if they are two different things

I had kind-of similar problem, see it will help you. I noticed after few day of trying recognition level increased (or my pronunciation got better)

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

Hello,

I have an issue with executing the commands when on the Cold War server. I am flying an F5 on the Cold War Server. When I PTT and speak, the VA recognizes my command but do not execute it until I push the "/" key. Once I push the "/" key, my recognized command is spoken and executed. I haven't tried other servers but this does not happen in single player. Commands are immediately executed once spoken. I have easy comms off.

Has anyone seen this issue?

Thanks!

Just to check that it isn't the quality or position of your mic that is causing the issue, maybe try speech recognition in Italian, to see if it yields better results. I know that Vaicom only works with English, but this might help to understand where the problem is

MIC should be ok and unfortunately speech recognition is not supported in iyalian language from MS

Hello,

just checked back in to see if my problem has been answered and unfortunately it has not, which I understand as there are dozens of others with problems as well, but I digress.

I am not sure what the issue is as install and all else appears to me to be normal and not out of the ordinary, and yet I am still entirely unable to get VAICOM to work with my DCS OB.

This has been a recurring issue for VAICOM and DCS 2.5 for me as it had worked perfectly with no issues at all before the shift from 1.5

I had even tested to see if It was just my PC and had redownloaded 1.5 with it working perfectly once again, just not in 2.5

Now I have an entirely new PC and this issue still persists, with a fresh (obviously) of VA and VAICOM Pro.

I've come to the forums hoping to find help or at least clues as to what the true issue is to no avail.

Has anyone encountered this or a similar issue with VAICOM in 2.5? Did you manage to get it fixed? If so, I would really like to know as the usefulness of it in DCS is immeasurable when it comes to immersion, intuitiveness, and ability to keep hands on throttle and stick and I would really like to continue to use this amazing program.

@slicker55 Awesome, thanks for the positive feedback mate.

Mostly support stuff going on on this thread but of course by far the most users are just out there happily flying with this thing.

So, good to hear that also :-)

@SkipCarey The message is related to profile switching.

Disable other VA plugins and try with inspecting these settings in VA: Enable Auto Profile Switching, Load Profile On Startup, Global Profiles.

PM me if you get stuck.

@Ares If you're non-native English speaker try playing with these VA settings: Command Weight: try to raise or lower instead of the recommended 80/85 setting.

Min Confidence level can also be lowered to allow easier acceptance by the engine.

Also in VA select Disable Acoustic Echo Cancellation and in your audio (mic) driver disable enhancements.

@Caysuyu Would need further assessment but it sounds like a MP server-specific thing.

@Slayer Most likely your DCS migration from 1.5 to 2.5 has left an invalid registry entry for the DCSW install path.

Try using the Custom Path option to point to the DCS World install folder. Also there are other fix options for this for example via regedit or search this thread for 'symbolic link'.

Grtz

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

is there a keyboard stroke to resize the window in voice attack mine arbitrarily grew to where I cannot click on the options button (lower right corner in voice attack)I had resized the window earlier but voice attack keeps resizing it(the window)with out any input from me.

Thanks

Skip

@slicker55 Awesome, thanks for the positive feedback mate.

Mostly support stuff going on on this thread but of course by far the most users are just out there happily flying with this thing.

So, good to hear that also :-)

@SkipCarey The message is related to profile switching.

Disable other VA plugins and try with inspecting these settings in VA: Enable Auto Profile Switching, Load Profile On Startup, Global Profiles.

PM me if you get stuck.

@Ares If you're non-native English speaker try playing with these VA settings: Command Weight: try to raise or lower instead of the recommended 80/85 setting.

Min Confidence level can also be lowered to allow easier acceptance by the engine.

Also in VA select Disable Acoustic Echo Cancellation and in your audio (mic) driver disable enhancements.

@Caysuyu Would need further assessment but it sounds like a MP server-specific thing.

@Slayer Most likely your DCS migration from 1.5 to 2.5 has left an invalid registry entry for the DCSW install path.

Try using the Custom Path option to point to the DCS World install folder. Also there are other fix options for this for example via regedit or search this thread for 'symbolic link'.

Grtz

Thanks for the reply @Hollywood_315. I will check with a few other servers and modules to see if I can replicate the issue.

Been using VAICOM PRO for a while now, it's great thanks Hollywood.

I want to start using the "In-Game Scratchpad Mod" found here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=229077

and I am considering which route may be best to integrate it within VA.

1. Is it possible to import the VA profile supplied within the thread (post 50) into VAICOM or use it in conjunction with the VAICOM profile?

2. or as I suspect the above may not be possible, if I add the new commands suggested at post 47 to get the scratchpad working from within VAICOM, would this be overwritten by future VAICOM profile updates and therefore the commands need adding again after VAICOM updates?

Thanks in advance to any suggestions

ASUS Maximus X Hero; i7-8700K OC'd @ 5 Ghz; Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme 8GB; 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200Mhz RAM; 500GB Samsung EVO 960 SSD; Warthog HOTAS; Saitek Pro Flight Rudder pedals; HP Reverb VR; Realtus Forcefeel Game Pad running on SimShaker for Aviators software. :thumbup:

Grtz

Unfortunately this was not the problem as I had done a clean install of everything onto a new computer (save for my input files that I transferred over from my old PC to my new one) as well as making sure to both properly install all files by hand and automatically (making sure that there was no difference during both by reading the manual) along with using the custom file path to point VAICOM to the right place as a final measure.

Alas, it was all to no avail and my problem has still not changed, getting a blank screen on the configuration window and nothing happening in DCS

666027202_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.94f539960e3c84fe4c6c41bd08474538.png

@Slayer PM inbound.

@crowebar. Thanks mate. The plugin update process leaves your profile alone so that won't be a problem.

In general when you want to use additional commands, VA allows import of individual commands

but also it is possible to have your VAICOM PRO profile act as the master and have it reference

commands from other profiles via daisy chaining.

Look for 'include commands from other profiles' in the profile settings.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

@crowebar. Thanks mate. The plugin update process leaves your profile alone so that won't be a problem.

In general when you want to use additional commands, VA allows import of individual commands

but also it is possible to have your VAICOM PRO profile act as the master and have it reference

commands from other profiles via daisy chaining.

Look for 'include commands from other profiles' in the profile settings.

Thanks Hollywood, will look into the daisy chain option. Appreciated.

ASUS Maximus X Hero; i7-8700K OC'd @ 5 Ghz; Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme 8GB; 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200Mhz RAM; 500GB Samsung EVO 960 SSD; Warthog HOTAS; Saitek Pro Flight Rudder pedals; HP Reverb VR; Realtus Forcefeel Game Pad running on SimShaker for Aviators software. :thumbup:

Any clue guys ? In Windows10, every time I launch my Voice attack, it turns my micrpophone volume down in windows10 to level 81 (instead of 100) making me inaudible to others. Everytime I need to readjust it manually after launching VA...

Any idea how to prevent that ?

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Hollywood

When I get the notice that the keyword database was updated, I do the update dance-click the orange Finish button, then Ctl A, delete, Ctl V in the "when I say" box in the AI Comm banner. My issue is that after I do the foregoing, and restart VA, the notice again appears and sometimes I have to go through this procedure several times before the Finish button does NOT go orange. I also notice that most times the number of commands do not change.

So my question is-is this normal or user error?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .