VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

The problem is deeper than your fixes I'm sad to say

I tried them already and no difference both before and after re-install

After implementing each fix I also came out of DCS entirely and shutdown VA, then restarting both VA and DCS, no difference

In fact after the re-install things are worse as the comms do not seem to be getting recognized at all

Before a re-install I had my own profile running and Vaicom linked to it, I know that's not recommended. Although I was not getting module recognition on the pop up at least I had comms. Now running Vaicom on it's own I currently have no comms

I only run TARGET and Track IR and for one trial I ran without TARGET enabled, all of these attempts have proved entirely fruitless

Any other ideas because it has me completely stumped

Inside the Special Tab Vaicom is there and installed along with chatter

The problem is deeper than your fixes I'm sad to say

I tried them already and no difference both before and after re-install

After implementing each fix I also came out of DCS entirely and shutdown VA, then restarting both VA and DCS, no difference

In fact after the re-install things are worse as the comms do not seem to be getting recognized at all

Before a re-install I had my own profile running and Vaicom linked to it, I know that's not recommended. Although I was not getting module recognition on the pop up at least I had comms. Now running Vaicom on it's own I currently have no comms

I only run TARGET and Track IR and for one trial I ran without TARGET enabled, all of these attempts have proved entirely fruitless

Any other ideas because it has me completely stumped

Inside the Special Tab Vaicom is there and installed along with chatter

Weegie, I had the same problem till I used the "custom install directory" and had to include the path:\ . . . \. . . \bin directory (bin) specifically. Now I get every module correctly identified when I launch it and bring up the panel for Viacom.

Also, I had a stock install path, but to a "G:" drive so not sure if Viacom is always looking for "C:" install paths only. Regardless, once I did this, and made sure to include \bin vs. not going that deep, everything works.

G:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS\bin - leaving off \bin, no love, \bin did the trick. Slightly different than the fix link posted above.

May not be your fix, maybe you tried, but thought I would mention it. I did not go back more than two pages of posts, so maybe you already did this.

Edited by SmirkingGerbil

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Tried that SmirkingGerbil, no dice I'm afraid.

I had not thought of it though and your reply was much appreciated because you never know, but I'm stumped how it would work as it would place the luas in the wrong place

I'm really glad it worked for you, I'm getting pretty frustrated with it. I disabled all my Mods too, just in case, no difference.

I don't think it's even interfacing with the game any more

Sorry Weegie, hope it gets cleared up soon. Worth the trouble.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Ok I stopped all mods running, deleted all the luas that Vaicom uses and did a repair

That brought back the in games comms

Next I opened VA with Vaicom profile and had the profile set to point to where DCS OpenBeta resides and ticked the OB tick box

Opened a mission for the Viiggen, just a simple one where I'm sitting on the runway at Senaki and executed an "Abort Takeoff" this was recognized and responded to.

But still no recognition of the aircraft just "--" in the pop up box for Vaicom on the PTT page

I've attached the log file as I enabled the "Run in Debug" option

I'd appreciate if Hollywood or somebody who knows Vaicom in depth would take a look to see if they see anything wrong

VAICOMPRO.zip

Next I opened VA with Vaicom profile and had the profile set to point to where DCS OpenBeta resides and ticked the OB tick box

I am a bit confused about when this is needed? The manual gives an example of a 'Steam' DCS install having custom location. And also mentions that the Windows Registry has the install locations...

My DCS & DCS.OpenBeta installs are in a custom folder called 'C:/My Programs/'.

So, do I need to use this VAICOM option for a custom location? I'm guessing no? If yes, then I need 2 options.

(I'm asking because I am still trying to stop the Comms menu from constantly popping up in the Stock & OpenBeta.)

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I have mine in a custom location and had no problem with VA recognizing it.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• ED Team
I wonder if the VA profile that features in the latest F14 cold and dark startup video is already part of the VAICOM PRO profile or whether it will be linkable to it???

They're making an extension (AIRIO) to VAICOM specifically for F-14 to cover RIO comms

They're making an extension (AIRIO) to VAICOM specifically for F-14 to cover RIO comms
Ah I figured it would be a new one. I'd always need to use it until I had the sequence memorized. But you don't necessarily need to follow the assisted startup each time. I'm one of those that would so a new profile for it is nice.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Shouldn't that box highlighted have the command in, every single command is missing

Is this why i cant use it

There is currently a now long standing bug in Voice Attack (not Vaicom Pro) that makes it look like that field is empty, when it actually contains what it should. If you follow the ctrl&a, delete and paste steps, you should therefore be good.

I was going to suggest what greyman did but then saw in your first pic (what you can see of the middle window), it looks you you have the list of commands there, you can try as suggested though, but I’d probably say it’s a different issue

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Voice Attack does display the commands, combined or otherwise, in the profile, but the box that was highlighted in red did appear to be empty and that is how the VA bug usually manifests itself. Either way, as long as the commands exist within the profile, it should work.

Edit: unless there is another issue that is.

Greyman suggestion worked. I have the empty space but I did the invincible highlight, delete and paste thing, the database now updated.

I was not getting that PTT radio identification recognition for each module and chatter working before updating database. So I will try again and see if that works.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Fair play. Glad you got it working in the end

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Everything is working now as designed to do.

Some challenges in know what call to make at each situation.

For instance I did an air to air mission, called briefing and mission briefing was read out aloud to me. Put in my radio frequency for the tanker. Called out 'request refuel' and tanker will not respond.

I thought vaicom was supposed to automatically recognize this call is intended for the tanker.

Also I would like to able to use this voice command to invoke the F-keys function like map and fly-bys

Anyone know how I may do these.

Thanks

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset