VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

You can add aliases as you like for every command.

For example, you'll get fuel, if you added and trained "Gimme a drink".

That way you can add the exact wording or other brevities. All possible.

How do one, do that?

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I´m in for a ride, a VR ride:pilotfly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBX_-Hml7_7s1dggit_vGpA?view_as=public

I've never gotten it to work properly. Sent an hour or so yesterday. Seems it understands testing, eight and a couple words like that but if I request taxi it doesn't understand what i am talking about. Not sure if it's the TV in the background or not. Will try with it off when the wife goes to bed.

Went over all the settings again and it is working better but it doesn't understand anything I say. Maybe picks up one work correctly.

Edited by Kayos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Any other noise, especially verbal, is likely to interfere with Voice Attack, either by causing it to hear commands that you haven't spoken or not not hear those that you have.

Going through windows speech recognition training as many times as possible will also improve VA's ability to understand what you are saying.

... enjoying Vaicom, the regular updates and posts in this thread.. all good stuff..

the last update provided even more exciting new features including the ability to have some sounds coming through the headset and others via speakers etc...

this may seem a dumb question - I must be either missing something or over-thinking things but what is the idea behind this feature?

when I'm wearing headphones I can't hear any external sounds - that's kind of why I'm using them :)

someone put me straight please!

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

I got a strange problem. Two days ago I bought Vaicom Pro with VoiceAttack. Works really well, except since then, when I want to land at night, or in the early morning, I radio "Inbound", get the normal response. Then I radio "Request landing", I get no response (cleared to land blabla), when I'm close to the runway (either Stennis or normal afb), I get the call "check landing gear blabla". But the runway lights haven't come on. The responses are the same in daytime, but then no lights are needed of course.

When I use the normal comms menu, it works as usual.

Any ideas anyone? I really miss the landing lights on runways, because almost all of the time I'm flying early mornings just before sunrise.

I don't use mods or anything, haven't changed any .lua files or something. Now I'm on latest stable, but I switch between OB and Stable.

-------------

EDIT

Problem solved. In preferences, I had the option "Force NATO ATC names" checked. After unchecking it the lights worked again.

Unfortunately after the last update (2.5.9) the problem is back; no landing lights. Tried the same settings but no luck. Reset the settings, no luck. Any ideas? :)

Thanks in advance.

@ForceGhost No date committed yet but if all goes well should be within a few weeks of F-14AB Early Access release.

@slicker55 Regardless of headphones or not you can use the audio feature with your default device and use the radio panning possibilities.

Then there's headphones/headsets in closed, half-open and open varieties: with closed type you are sealed off but if you have a half-open or open type headset (such as many headsets including the Rift)

you can use redirect to hear room ambient audio at the same time as hearing comms audio coming through your earpieces.

@dawgie79 Ok could be some subtle message parameter thing, will investigate.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@Hollywood_315

A great addition to your product - something for everyone - I really enjoy Chatter with Auto-Panning - a brilliant idea :)

Re. Headphones/Headsets... as you say, a lot of choices out there so point well made... keep up the good work - very much appreciated

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

@Hollywood_315

FYI

I have not experienced any issues with previous auto-updates but the latest auto update 2.5.9.1 is not working for me

Currently have version 2.5.9.0 (release)

On launching Vaicom Pro (as administrator) a notification pops up saying that an update is available and I hit 'Yes' to accept the update

VA says (in the order from top to bottom as shown below)

Plugin 'VAICOM PRO 2.5' initialized.

Ready for commands.

Executing automatic update.

New update available!

When I close Vaicom Pro and relaunch (as administrator), I get the same notification saying an update available?

@slicker OK looks like your update got stuck somehow.

You can look in the apps folder and see if there is an update cache file and/or folder still there.

If so, delete them and restart VA.

If not, get the latest plugin from the website manually and replace your VAICOMPRO.dll.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@Hollywood_315

Thanks for your reply...

Checked Apps folder - no update cache file and/or folder in there

Downloaded latest plugins from your website and replaced VAICOMPRO.dll and Chatter.dll

All good now :)

Edited by slicker55

trying to understand something, I have been adding new commands and recording the words for it. Looking at my profile I see certain commands listed under a header (voice disabled) What does that mean?

why do certain commands show in groups, my last 2 commands are under the spoken section of the profile. my success rate with the new words is about 60%. Some days it works really well others none of them do.

voiceattack.thumb.jpg.e58310b8189ee80e8a1fba65376d6dc6.jpg

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

When Airio is released, will there be a bundle deal for Airio and Vaicom Pro with Chatter Themes, or will the cost be the same if I buy the Vaicom Pro/Chatter themes bundle now?

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

trying to understand something, I have been adding new commands and recording the words for it. Looking at my profile I see certain commands listed under a header (voice disabled) What does that mean?

why do certain commands show in groups, my last 2 commands are under the spoken section of the profile. my success rate with the new words is about 60%. Some days it works really well others none of them do.

Voice Disabled means just that, these commands are not voice exectuted. Voice Attack can execute commands from Dx buttons, Voice, Keyboard strokes etc: If you open the command you will see the option at the top and a check box next to it

Some commands are grouped because that's the Plug In which is beyoond my level of expertese.

If you are on'yt getting a 60% hit rate repeat the voiice training a few time then do the training on VAICOM specifically as detaied in the manual.

It's a big manual but there is a lot of stuff in there and Hollywood has done a great job with it IMHO, you'd pick up a lot iif yoou take the time to go through both it and the Voice Attack manual.

I'm not having a go it's a PIA to do all that reading (ask me how I know), but it is worth the hassle IMHO

Great stuff Hollywood. This is turning into something very special. I was looking at the Aliases and thought I would try to add one for the Open\Close Canopy. Tried it with no luck as I have now made some commands to import. Should I delete my Lua file and try again? No worries if it cannot be fixed as I will make a load of commands to import saving any problems.

A fantastic idea with SRS, can't wait to have a go.

Voice Disabled means just that, these commands are not voice exectuted. Voice Attack can execute commands from Dx buttons, Voice, Keyboard strokes etc: If you open the command you will see the option at the top and a check box next to it

I read the manual when I get t it a few months back, I just read it again, it seems that I should use TX6 for my commands but I can’t find how to map TX6.

Secondly what do you mean not voice executed? I can push one of the transmit buttons, say the word and it will execute the appropriate key press. I have entered the word in the part where is shows “when I say....”

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Hi Dutch

It means that the particular command cannot be executed when you say something. Obviously it would become really confusing if your push to talk buttons could be activated via a voice command, so they are voiice disabled and only operated by a Dx button or keyboard sequence

When you use PTT you are telling VA to listen, it then exectues other separate commands within the plug in, so the PTTs start and stop the listening

Tx6 is an additional Tx which is in addition to the 5 normally employed by VAICOM (4 for the radios and 1 for the ground intercomm)

If you open the VAICOM profile by clicking on the box with the arrow just to the left of the profile window then open the Push to Talk list you should see Tx 1 to 6 and you can set it in there

Hollywood did a video on You Tube the bit about push to talk is around 5:08, but it would be useful to listen to the full thing

There is another video where he does an update too whiich is useful

I hope that helps

Thank you for all the advise, I was able to include TX6 and use that now to issue my commands.

Hi Hollywood, I have just purchased Vaicom Pro and having installed it (window 10) DCS World + Open Beta on a separate SSD.

Initially having played with voice attack and been happy that it worked, I got VAICOM and it also to appeared to work, but having set up PTT I had no ground Comms, I could "talk"to my AI wingman but Voice Attack recognised my commands but reported a purple dot (awaiting additional input) Also using the JTAC it appeared not to reply with the Nine Line, but printed it out on the Voice Attack Display??

I have been though the voice training and apart from French names it appears to be happy with my BBC English!! So what have I missed/miss installed? is it possible to uninstall and do a clean install?

Cheers

Bought and installed VA and Vaicom Pro. Installation seems ok but I’m overwhelmed by getting into it even with manual. First I guess I need to find out WHAT I need and then how to do it. (Using DCS radio options, Discord, SRS/Uradio, TS for the plugins for SRS/UR, discord plus those two tools)

Two major issuesto start with:

Looks like somehow my german windows still doesn’t like my english after two german voice trainings and installed english voice support for win 10. My confidence level is always 20-40.

Another thing: the Vaicom preset doesn’t seem to be helpful or I get it wrong. Does it even have commands for the nummeric radio menu? Can it be combined with additional profiles?

Guess I ll have to add a lot of stuff for the upcoming F14.

Any hints?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Im having problems with connecting the ground air supply for no obvious reason.

Im doing a cold start in the F-5 and no matter how many times i ask for " Chief connect ground air supply" it just doesnt work......

Voiceattack recognized it at 99% !!! (see thumbnail)

What can i do about this?

1816186885_Chiefconnectgroundairsupply.jpg.84229d81da28951a44bb99d034d000c4.jpg

g8PjVMw.png