VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

I have vaicom pro and SRS working fine. I speak the Queens' English, but have issues with vaicom recognising some of the airport names. I have tried speech recognition without success.

So with, say, Vaziani, I would like to add extra commands such as "Vaz", "Vazi", or "Vase", so when I say "Vaze", it recognises Vaziani.

My question is, How do I add extra commands (Vaz, Vazi, Vase) to a keyword (Vaziani)?

I know how to click finish and copy/paste to update the VA profile.

Thanks in anticipation.

In the Editor tab in the VAICOM utility, select an existing keyword, such as Vaziani and click "Add New".

You'll see a number in a square next to the keyword, that number shows how many versions that keyword has.

Click it and it'll switch between them. Edit the newly generated keyword (it'll be something like Vaziani1, you delete that and write Vaz etc) and proceed with the Finish steps.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

In the Editor tab in the VAICOM utility, select an existing keyword, such as Vaziani and click "Add New".

You'll see a number in a square next to the keyword, that number shows how many versions that keyword has.

Click it and it'll switch between them. Edit the newly generated keyword (it'll be something like Vaziani1, you delete that and write Vaz etc) and proceed with the Finish steps.

Thanks Hawker for your input. That really helped, but instead of "Vaz", I ended up with "Vaziani1" in the list of spoken commands. I must be doing something wrong with the Finish process in the editor. have you any other suggestions.

Thanks Hawker for your input. That really helped, but instead of "Vaz", I ended up with "Vaziani1" in the list of spoken commands. I must be doing something wrong with the Finish process in the editor. have you any other suggestions.

What I do and it works is, press ADD NEW to generate a duplicate command.

Edit the duplicated phrase in the box to what you want. In your case "Vaziani1" to "Vaze" then hit APPLY then hit FINISH

After that go do the copy thing in the profile, but I think you need to hit APPLY to make the database changes

I know that works and Hollywood didn't point out the APPLY step in the You Tube Video on his latest update, so I can understand why you might be having prroblems

Hope that helps, let us know if it works

Hi,

Did you try waiting a breath between the ‘Select’ command and the target word?

From the manual:

THE MICROPAUSE

Note: This is important especially for beginning users: apart from speaking slowly and well- articulated to improve your recognition rates, carefully observe the following.

When issuing your voice commands, leave small (0,5 sec) pauses between the recipient and the command phrase. This takes some getting used to but becomes second nature in no time. Especially in the beginning leave a short silence in between like for example in ‘Darkstar, ...Request Picture.” This will help the recognition engine to better catch on to what you’re saying. Once you get this rhythm it’s easy. Your recognition rates will increase rapidly. After a while (when the engine is better trained) you can speed this up a bit.

Note: As a timing aid: if in Preferences you have enabled the option ‘use audio hints’, you will hear a short soft blip when the recipient was recognized after which you can continue with completing the voice command.

This is how I got it to work. Also I just remembered there is a checkbox in the Viacom preferences you need to check “Select Tunes Radio” for the command to work.

Hope this helps

PS: I too have noticed some problems after last update. My problem was: when I said ‘Track single bogey ahead, the text reply was “unable radar is in locked mode” I disabled AIRIO via the Viacom preferences and restarted voice attack and DCS. The jester wheel was restored and I flew without AIRIO.

I will re enable for next flight and see how it goes.

Can this be used to get the JTAC/AWACS to repeat last message?

Ok, that was a dumb question. What I think I meant was, can "Crystal Palace" (AOCS) repeat JTAC/AWACS call?

Also, can "Crystal Palace", give me my own aircraft location in Lat/Long, and Magnetic Variation of the theater?

Edited by SGT Coyle

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Awesome,

Thanks.

Decided to give Voice Attack a try again, with VR, and saw your new version of VAICOM .

DL'ed the pro version, with CHATTER and AIRIO, last night and wrestled with the PTT setup. Figured it out and immediately started thinking of what can I get out of this. A lot is the answer.

I will be jumping into the manual full bore this weekend.

Thanks for your efforts and good hunting.

Edited by SGT Coyle

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

@Hollywood_315

I have a small problem regarding the VAICOM auto-update via VoiceAttack. VoiceAttack will not execute an update query for either AIRIO or CHATTER once VAICOMPRO has been updated. And, while VAICOMPRO has an updated download link via the Downloads - VAICOM PRO page, both the AIRIO and CHATTER download links have yet to be updated. I've attempted to circumvent this problem by downloading a previous version of VAICOMPRO and initiating an auto-update via VoiceAttack, but VoiceAttack will just crash, preventing AIRIO and CHATTER from updating, likely due to support for AIRIO. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."

- Jayne Cobb, "Firefly"

Thanks Hollywood_315, I was under the false impression that there was an update for both AIRIO and CHATTER .dll's. They are both current (2.5.1, 2.5.2), I must have misunderstood the VoiceAttack auto-update pop-up dialog.

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."

- Jayne Cobb, "Firefly"

Brilliant. Thank you so much to Harker, Weegie, and Boomer QLD, for your inputs.

It was just clicking "Apply" before "Finish" that added what I wanted.

It's working perfectly now.

Thanks and fly safe.

Ah yeah, I forgot the Apply step, my bad. Glad you got it working, mate. It's a great addition to the experience!

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Still No Joy

@CrossWiseRanger Works fine here during testing but maybe others have similar findings. Perhaps dcs.log tells you something.

Found nothing that appeared related to V in dcs.log.

On loading, will list: player x entered module UH-1H Huey unit call sign y.

{TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} is not working. Logs "----" instead of aircraft module such as UH-1H. Same with .cat and .version.

It does work occasionally. Have found no relation to when start V versus DCS.

Are there any settings that could be effecting this?

Thanks.

VR with Oculus Rift preferred flying method.

@CrossWiseRanger You could try easy comms and various other settings on vs. off to see if it makes a difference.

Check also if it is only for the UH-1H and/or only specific mission(s).

@Oesau That was fixed quite a while back already. Those symptoms don't appear to be related to VAICOM PRO.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Hello Hollywood,

I still have no joy with AIRIO. After it worked before, after last update Jester and Groung crew also do not respond to voice orders.

In the other modules it seems to work. Any idea?

-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System: Windows 10 Pro | i9 9900K | 32GB RAM (3200 MHz) | RTX-2080s | SSD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardware: TM Warthog | MFG Rudder Pedals | 4x TM Cougar MFD | Saitek Switch Panel | Trackir5 | VR: Rift S / Monitor: 31,5" WQHD, G-Sync

+++ AIRIO update 2.5.2 +++

AIRIO Dialog extension release 2.5.2 adds even more depth to the F-14 experience by adding various new options.

Jester will now perform:

- Manual frequency tuning for AN/ARC-182,

- Manual frequency tuning for TACAN,

- Manual frequency tuning for Datalink.

The plugin is updated to 2.5.10 to host the new AIRIO version.

Existing users update automatically.

IMPORTANT: Additional steps are required!

Consult User Manual page 37 for details.

Happy flying :pilotfly:

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Hello... I have DCS open beta versión, but if I select in vaicom config open Beta, a new folder named DCS.openbeta is created in users/myuser/save games/... But my config folder is named DCS, and I have to copy the files inside DCS.openbeta in DCS folder...can I unselect ob in vaicom config?thanks

Edited by gonvise

Hollywood,

Love your product . . have the latest installed with the AIRIO .. everything is working correctly (I think) . . two questions:

Were do I see the version # of VoiceAttack and the AIRIO . . I see what I believe is the VA version in the boot script, but not the AIRIO.

This is a very long thread topic in DCS's forum, if you have already answered this question already I'm sorry, I looked for it . . I fly only VR . . .will there be in the future updates giving a choice to have the Jester/Iceman Menu wheel available?

I know for myself it would be a blessing . . hard to remember all the different commands under the goggles.

Love how everything else has been working . . keep up the good work!

Chopper

i7-7700K 4.20Ghz | GeForce GTX 1080Ti DUKE | ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270 | Samsung 960 | Corsair CPU Cooler | G.SKILL 32GB | Oculus VR Rift | Saitek PRO Pedals & TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle & Joystick |

@Demon Good to hear, appreciated!

@Klange Suggest to try again after updating to 2.5.10/2.5.2.

@gonvise Yes a regular ob install would have .openbeta suffix but deselecting ob will target without suffix.

@Chopper Cool, thanks for the feedback.

No need to involve the clunky Arcade Wheel for commands reference, there are much better ways.

There are some great kneeboards out there to assist with the initial learning curve for keywords,

e.g. check out this one by @SpeedyE420

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3304381

Also for AIRIO there are many (show options) root commands that provide additional dynamic on-screen help, suggested to train these first.

select-stores_orig.jpg

tacan-tac_orig.jpg

For installed version numbers you can check them in DCS: go to Options/Special/VAICOM PRO.

Edited by Hollywood_315
some example screenshots added to illustrate

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Hollywood,

I don't get the same commands as pictured on page 37 and I don't have AIRIO file to import either. Not sure what is going on. Rio still doesn't work for me.

Not sure what else to do.

Win 10 · i9900K@stock · 4070Ti· ASUS Z390-A · SSD · 64Gb · TM Warthog · CV1 · Quest 2