VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

By itself Radar lock state behavior is normal, you will have the same when using the traditional menu wheel instead of AIRIO.

When locked to a contact (STT) you cannot change certain radar scan parameters such as range. The 'break lock' voice command is used to have Jester release the STT state and then these parameters can be changed again.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks Hollywood. That's clear. This problem is a different one: although the radar is in fact not locked at all, AIRIO seems to think that it is. Repeatedly asking Jester to break lock does not help - he responds with "OK" but the radar still shows as TWS (no change, since there was no lock state to begin with). However, AIRIO thinks that it is still locked and lets no commands through. It seems there is a conflict between the actual radar state in DCS and what AIRIO thinks it is. I am not alone in having experienced this behaviour occasionally. A workaround in the past was just to restart the mission. Now it seems that this does not work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by overalien

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Ok the plugin reads the radar lock state directly from the sim. There could be a snag in some particular missions perhaps. It hasn't been observed at any time during testing.

A link to a miz file where this is consistently reproducible would be good to have thanks

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

The latest OB crashes for me with VAICOM enabled. It happens after I issue a command using VAICOM. Not after every spoken command, but always after a spoken command. Disabling VAICOM entirely fixes the issue.

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

PC and Peripherals: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RISCfuture/saved/#view=DMp6XL

Win10 x64 — BMS — DCS — P3D

Ok the plugin reads the radar lock state directly from the sim. There could be a snag in some particular missions perhaps. It hasn't been observed at any time during testing.

A link to a miz file where this is consistently reproducible would be good to have thanks

sent you a PM.

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Hollywood, TX6 does not work at all. It does not matter whether I assign it to a hotas button or push button connected to PC by Leo's BU0836 board. For TX1 to 4, you hold the mic switch, finish saying command then release. For other throttle switches or push buttons on leo board, you press and vaicom immediately releases them. I setup TX6 press and release both to the same switch. But they refuse to hold while i talk.

I daisy chain my profile to main vaicom for dcs world profile. then i press TX4, say those custom commands and they work. on TX4. TX6 is useless to me.

The audio redirect does not work. Trying to get VA/VAICOM to go out my Rift S without setting my default audio to rift S. It doesn't work at all. I set the VA to integrated audio/output to Rift S, and the redirect thing in VAICOM. I never hear the audio cues. It works if I set my default audio out to Rift S.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

To Hollywood_315 - sorry if its already added, or if someone else asked sam question, but when are we gonna have new rio commands added (NEW: JESTER now uses RWS and ground stabilize if asked for) ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

How do I tell Jester to switch radar mode to TWS or RWS?

There is an option in the dial, but I couldn't find a command in AIRIO.

-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System: Windows 10 Pro | i9 9900K | 32GB RAM (3200 MHz) | RTX-2080s | SSD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardware: TM Warthog | MFG Rudder Pedals | 4x TM Cougar MFD | Saitek Switch Panel | Trackir5 | VR: Rift S / Monitor: 31,5" WQHD, G-Sync

I’ve having some issue with Vaicom and SRS.

I’ve mapped out TX6 on my Hotas and my commands (such as chatter) are working without issue. When in the F-18 I can hear radio traffic from 133.333 (shell). So far so good...

Now for the issue. I can communicate on comm 1 to other people using 253.000. However, I can’t hear them responding to me at all. I talk to them over the text box and they are advising they can hear me “5/5”. So I know I can transmit, I just can’t receive.

Any ideas?

Edited by CSU453

I’ve having some issue with Vaicom and SRS.

I’ve mapped out TX6 on my Hotas and my commands (such as chatter) are working without issue. When in the F-18 I can hear radio traffic from 133.333 (shell). So far so good...

Now for the issue. I can communicate on comm 1 to other people using 253.000. However, I can’t hear them responding to me at all. I talk to them over the text box and they are advising they can hear me “5/5”. So I know I can transmit, I just can’t receive.

Any ideas?

That’s a SRS question, see the SRS Discord for help.

It’s likely that your audio output in SRS isn’t set properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Apologies if this is a basic question...my Viacom pro seems a bit vague about holding the "default" comms destinations once i've flown a few missions...

(Though deleting the export lua file and restarting always puts it back on track)

IE: I fly a mission from Batumi...input the correct frequencies then PTT and "request taxi to runway" if thats the first mission i've flown then everything is fine, it recognises my phrase as being directed towards Batumi & Batumi ATC responds correctly and will continue to do so for the rest of that mission...

Now, say for example I've hopped in a free flight or a different mission first...it might instead respond to my say "request Engine start" as if i've contacted Kobuletti ATC even if i'm at Batumi and tuned to the Batumi frequencies...

No idea how to "force it" to talk to Batumi as i've never been able to get a compound phrase IE "Batumi, Colt 11, Request Taxi to Runway" to respond...only the simple phrases that don't specify target of comms and own callsign...IE: Request Taxi to Runway"

Airbag_signatur.png

Apologies if this is a basic question...my Viacom pro seems a bit vague about holding the "default" comms destinations once i've flown a few missions...

(Though deleting the export lua file and restarting always puts it back on track)

IE: I fly a mission from Batumi...input the correct frequencies then PTT and "request taxi to runway" if thats the first mission i've flown then everything is fine, it recognises my phrase as being directed towards Batumi & Batumi ATC responds correctly and will continue to do so for the rest of that mission...

Now, say for example I've hopped in a free flight or a different mission first...it might instead respond to my say "request Engine start" as if i've contacted Kobuletti ATC even if i'm at Batumi and tuned to the Batumi frequencies...

No idea how to "force it" to talk to Batumi as i've never been able to get a compound phrase IE "Batumi, Colt 11, Request Taxi to Runway" to respond...only the simple phrases that don't specify target of comms and own callsign...IE: Request Taxi to Runway"

@jasonbirder, funny I have a similar situation with Kobuleti and Kutaisi.

I figure it's just and issue of voice training. I'm going to run through voice training a couple more times, hoping this will sort out my atc interaction issues.

Rectum non bustus

@christianholmes There's quite a few other settings you need to take into account. Look here http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3819172&postcount=1776

@stretch Suggest to run a DCS Repair.

@hreich No new commands were added afaik. If you know of a specific one missing make sure to clearly point them out.

EDIT: Radar Ground Stabilize is planned for next update.

@Schlapperklange Thanks for flagging, added to the list for review.

@jasonbirder What @astrospud says: use Training Mode for keywords, and observe the micropauses in your calls (page 15) eg. 'Kobuleti,... Ready for Departure.'.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Hi Guys

I'm more than a little embarrassed that I can't get this sorted, having tried numerous times.

My last resort was to remove ALL DCS files from multiple locations. I had different versions on three drives and came to the conclusion that this was confusing VA and VIACOMPRO as well as me!!

Despite the rebuild and reloading VA i'm still getting multiple requests for updates and receive the below message about failing to read JSON etc......

Would really appreciate some help here. Thanks

19:22:42 - Plugin 'VAICOM PRO 2.5' initialized.

19:22:42 - Ready for commands.

19:22:42 - Startup finished.

19:22:42 - Chatter initialized.

19:22:42 - Resources added.

19:22:42 - Adding chatter resources.. Default

19:22:42 - Chatter theme set to Default

19:22:42 - Adding themepack collections

19:22:42 - No new DCS modules to import.

19:22:42 - Success.

19:22:42 - Building master labels table...

19:22:42 - Building master keywords table...

19:22:42 - Setting menu F10 item Action Reset Stats/Race with actionIndex 0 as command 20001 Action Reset Stats/Race

19:22:42 - Adding 1 imported menu commands.

19:22:42 - Setting ATC Ticonderoga class as recipient Ticonderoga class 15803

19:22:42 - Setting ATC Oliver Hazzard Perry class as recipient Oliver Hazzard Perry class 15801

19:22:42 - Adding 3 imported ATC aliases.

19:22:42 - Loading F10 menu items...

19:22:42 - Loading keywords database...

19:22:42 - Done.

19:22:42 - Importing RIO extension pack...

19:22:42 - Checking VA profile.

19:22:42 - 4/5 DCS-side files were updated.

19:22:42 - Reset: TabSheetBar.lua

19:22:42 - Reset: speech.lua

19:22:42 - Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua

19:22:42 - Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua

19:22:42 - Unchanged: Export.lua

19:22:42 - Saved Games folder = C:\Users\mike\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

19:22:42 - DCS World installation path = E:\DCS World OpenBeta

19:22:42 - Custom install path used for 2.5 OpenBeta

19:22:42 - DCS World version 2.5 not found.

19:22:42 - Executing automatic lua code installation.

19:22:42 - License: PRO

19:22:42 - Plugin version 2.5.10.0 (release)

19:22:42 - failed to read update JSON: at VAICOM.UI.Playsound.AddSoundToMixer(Object playbackfile)

at VAICOM.UI.Playsound.Proceed()

at VAICOM.FileManager.FileHandler.Updater.RunBatchFile(String basefolder, String batchcontentsraw)

at VAICOM.FileManager.FileHandler.Updater.PerformUpdate(String basefolder, UpdateData componentupdate)

at VAICOM.FileManager.FileHandler.Updater.GetPluginUpdates()

19:22:42 - Installing...

19:22:42 - Package download complete.

19:21:41 - Downloading package.....

19:21:41 - Executing automatic update.

19:21:38 - New update available!

19:21:37 - Initializing..

19:21:37 - Press LCtrl+LAlt+C for config.

19:21:37 - VAICOM PRO for DCS World. License: PRO

19:21:37 - Plugin support enabled.

| FC3 | KA-50 | A-10C | MIG-21Bis | F-86F | UH-1H | HAWK T.1A | F/A-18C | AV-8B N\A | F-14B | F-16C | AJS-37 | CA | NEVADA | PERSIAN GULF | SUPER CARRIER | SYRIA

@ Hollywoo 315... Thanks so much for your quick response. I will endeavour to sort it after work tomorrow. Salute!!

| FC3 | KA-50 | A-10C | MIG-21Bis | F-86F | UH-1H | HAWK T.1A | F/A-18C | AV-8B N\A | F-14B | F-16C | AJS-37 | CA | NEVADA | PERSIAN GULF | SUPER CARRIER | SYRIA

Hey, I have a problem in that I don't seem to have the "Radio Tune" keyword under the config editor in Vaicom Pro. So I can't tune my radio in the f-14

I tried to reinstall etc but still no luck. Any suggestions?

thanks!

Hey, I have a problem in that I don't seem to have the "Radio Tune" keyword under the config editor in Vaicom Pro. So I can't tune my radio in the f-14

I tried to reinstall etc but still no luck. Any suggestions?

thanks!

Try using the Select command, like "Stennis, Select" and Jester will tune in the frequency corresponding to the Stennis, for example.

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

@Aeons You need to add the command, check manual page 37.

Cheers for the quick response. I believe I have done the adding of the commands and I can see them in my Voiceattack profile (link tune, radio tune, tacan tune). When I go to the vaicom configuration window under Editor, should I also be seeing the Keyword "Radio Tune"?

Hi Everyone

I'm in the process of setting up VAICOM and it's been a smooth process up the point where I assign my joysticks in the options for VoiceAttack.

For some reason VoiceAttack doesn't want to recognise any input from my Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle. If I click on the 'test' button it just shows 'waiting' if I have the throttle assigned, regardless of what I press.

The Thrustmaster joystick, and my Xbox controller are recognised and work just fine. However if I assign the throttle along with any other input device then VoiceAttack once again fails to recognise any input.

The throttle has given me no problems in its normal operation. I've tried moving it to a different port, and I've tried with my HP Reverb disconnected as well, with no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

Many thanks in advance.

EDIT :

Ha, fixed it already.

If anyone has a similar problem, please consider the following tip to resolve :

"Trouble is likely that some of the toggle switches on the Warthog throttle is set to on! Go to "Game Controllers > Properties" and ensure that none of the buttons are lit up.

I imagine it's neccesary to do that for all controllers connected, or VA gets confused."

https://forum.voiceattack.com/SMF?topic=1949.0

Edited by sohei

A small pie is soon eaten

Quite a few questions around this lately:

of course the upcoming new Carrier Communications (and to be updated ground ATC comms after that) has our full attention.

Stay tuned! :thumbup:

As I watched that video I was thinking "sure hope that gets addedd to VAICOM"!

Hi guys,

just a little question, as I don't know where to start. Yesterday I tried using Vaicom and it worked flawlessly in my SP mission. In the evening I was joining a MP Server and Vaicom kept opening the radio menu without me giving a command. Has someone got an idea where to start in sorting this out?

Greetings Wayan