VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Good afternoon

I can not redirect the output of the communications and messages to my headset and therefore I can not use that feature of Vaicom. Could someone explain me step by step to get to direct the communications to my head set and the rest of the sound to the speakers of the computer? .thanks in advance

1. From Windows, set your audio output device to your speakers.

2. Open Voice Attack and LCtrl+LShift+C to open the VAICOM utility.

3. Go to the Audio tab and click on the switch to enable the feature.

4. From the list that says REDIR to the right side, select your headphones.

I actually tried it yesterday and that procedure worked for me. I suspect you didn't do step 1, if you claim to have done everything else correctly. DCS's output needs to be set to the speakers and then VAICOM just grabs certain audio and redirects it.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

1. From Windows, set your audio output device to your speakers.

2. Open Voice Attack and LCtrl+LShift+C to open the VAICOM utility.

3. Go to the Audio tab and click on the switch to enable the feature.

4. From the list that says REDIR to the right side, select your headphones.

I actually tried it yesterday and that procedure worked for me. I suspect you didn't do step 1, if you claim to have done everything else correctly. DCS's output needs to be set to the speakers and then VAICOM just grabs certain audio and redirects it.

Thanks harker for your explanation.I will test it

ISSUE RESOLVED - Kaspersky Anti-Virus had to have the VoiceAttack folder excluded and Active Protection disabled during installation to prevent it from deleting installer files.

Left this post here should others face a similar issue.

@Developer/Support Staff / @Hollywood_315,

Thank you but the problem is bigger than that...

1. I have Plugin ENABLED already.

2. "VAICOMPRO.dll" file in the "VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO" folder is Missing.

3. VAICOM PRO for DCS World.vap File & Profiles installation folder are Missing after installation.

FYI:

1. My login is an Administrator account on the machine, UAC is OFF, and installation was ran as "Run as Administrator."

2. OS: Win10 x64

3. DCS World and DCS OpenBeta are installed in custom locations on D:\ drive

"D:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World"

"D:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta"

Thanks for the assistance.

879945554_VIACOMPRO.DLLfilemissing1.PNG.498a3de64ea9c87f5b91a40fdd0a13a2.PNG

1857200129_VIACOMPRO.DLLfilemissing2.PNG.d2fb63a7c4ecd8bb076245ead839add0.PNG

Edited by JamesChams

Looking for some help please here as I haven't got any response from Vaicom directly. I am struggling to understand what to do when I train the 485 odd words.

I am seeing that the words are recognized but when I click on the microphone to finish the Voiceattack message in the top left side of my screen comes up and I don’t know where to go with this. It should be said, I am not very familiar with Voice attack either as I have never used it before buying Vaicom Pro.

Additionally, I am seeing the words that I speak as “recognized” but there is no level of confidence indicated when the word is displayed in the VA box, is that normal?

And finally, when I go to start VA, it tells me that speech recognition should be switched off, is that correct?

Thanks in advance.

1242466923_Screenshot(42).thumb.png.80c611ec8ac364a77e469bc1f1d85c4b.png

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, i tried to read through all the posts. My question is: are you going to, or is it possible to have AGM 141 TALDS added to the weapons list for thr F-14B please? and also is it possible to add this myself somehow?

Looking for some help please here as I haven't got any response from Vaicom directly. I am struggling to understand what to do when I train the 485 odd words.

I am seeing that the words are recognized but when I click on the microphone to finish the Voiceattack message in the top left side of my screen comes up and I don’t know where to go with this. It should be said, I am not very familiar with Voice attack either as I have never used it before buying Vaicom Pro.

Additionally, I am seeing the words that I speak as “recognized” but there is no level of confidence indicated when the word is displayed in the VA box, is that normal?

And finally, when I go to start VA, it tells me that speech recognition should be switched off, is that correct?

Thanks in advance.

If you haven't worked this out yet, the steps are as follows:

1. return to the main VoiceAttack window. At the top there should be a pencil on clipboard icon to the right of the profile dropdown list

2. click on this to open the edit a profile window

3. double click on an 'AI Communications' phrase

This should open the Edit a command window

4. Click in the When I say list of commands

and then CTRL+A to select all (it should all become blue)

5. CTRL+V to replace with the Vaicom commands

6. Click OK

7. Click Apply and then Done

Should be good to go:thumbup:

Edited by hornblower793
Removed failed pictures

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

3. double click on an 'AI Communications' phrase

This should open the Edit a command window

4. Click in the When I say list of commands

and then CTRL+A to select all (it should all become blue)

5. CTRL+V to replace with the Vaicom commands

As someone else who has always found the "word training" confusing - I thought this explanation might clarify things for me too...however still confused!

When I double click on an "AI Communications" phrase - it does open up the corresponding Edit a Command Window...

However, the Edit a command window is blank for ALL the phrases (so there's nothing to select

What am I "pasting in" with CTRL + V (to replace with viacom commands) where does THAT come from and how is it generated...

Airbag_signatur.png

I've read through almost all of these posts, and I still have a problem. I can get TACAN TUNE, and LINK TUNE to work, but the RADIO TUNE does not work for me. its like "radio 2 12750" but tacan and link will recognize my numbers Sorry if this was addressed before and i just did not see it...

I've read through almost all of these posts, and I still have a problem. I can get TACAN TUNE, and LINK TUNE to work, but the RADIO TUNE does not work for me. its like "radio 2 12750" but tacan and link will recognize my numbers Sorry if this was addressed before and i just did not see it...

Hey all

Same for me. all these 4 RIO commands do not working for me.

I see them in the VA profile but the commands are not recognized in VA.

Should these commands also be visible in the VAICOM Editor "Command phrase"?

Thanks in advance

VA1.7.7, VAICOM 2.5.11.1, RIO 2.5.3, DCS 2.5.5.34108

As someone else who has always found the "word training" confusing - I thought this explanation might clarify things for me too...however still confused!

When I double click on an "AI Communications" phrase - it does open up the corresponding Edit a Command Window...

However, the Edit a command window is blank for ALL the phrases (so there's nothing to select

What am I "pasting in" with CTRL + V (to replace with viacom commands) where does THAT come from and how is it generated...

The list of commands may not show but it is there so doing CTRL+A and then DEL should clear it (it is actually a complete list of all the commands so you only need to do this once)

The list of new commands is copied to the clipboard when you click FINISH on the 'Editor' tab of the Vaicom pro plugin configuration window (press LCTRL+LALT+C) - once Finish has been clicked you can close the configuration window down

Hope this helps

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I had a similar issue with 'tune' until I added it to the Windows speech recognition dictionary

Hi,

Tried to find out what the "switch Jester" command does and what I've noticed it switched the TIS TV out put to lantirn, correct? Would it be possible to make Jester also keep the TIS mode to TV? When I switch back and forth from pilot to RIO he immediately chnages the TIS mode again.

As an alternative could you perhaps add a Jester on/off option like we have in the wheel? (one that I would like better as there are other cases when I want to for a short time be the RIO and switch back and forth without Jester changing switches in between)

Best, Marcel

Hi All, Should the new Radio Tune, Tacan Tune commands appear in the VA config app keyword list? Currently I cannot for the life of me get VA to recognise these commands. All other Jester commands appear to be working and I have these new commands copied into the VA profile as per the manual. I have had this working before I rebuilt Windows which makes this all the more annoying. Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers Ben

So I'm having some multiplayer issues with the 'map marker x to x' commands. In SP, they seem to work fine, I can place a map marker and tell JESTER to set it as whatever I want. In MP, it seems to not work - I place the marker, give the command, JESTER acknowledges it but does nothing. VA shows the command being recognised, no error messages etc. Everything else seems to work. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

EDIT:

I have done a small experiment. If I host my own MP server and run a mission (say, a random TTI mission) AIRIO can input steerpoint data from map markers no problem. On my usual server, which is Hoggit's GAW / PGAW, it cannot. Now, objectives on GAW are marked with map markers, so there's a ton of them around - but they all have really high numbers (usually 100+). If I create a new player-made map marker, it usually has a low number (eg 5), and this is what I've been trying to use. I've attached two screenshots from the GAW server showing the command being confirmed and that a map marker with that number exists.

pXyf3rf.png

r3JMdp9.png

Edited by Relayer

I just noticed on EX tab there is option REALISTIC ATC - Aircraft carrier Comms - but i can't enable it...Is that something not implemented yet?

I cant enable that option, can anybody confirm that it can enable i?

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Gentlemen I need help

When I establish a communication with a carrier, I can hear a flow of numbers instead of "Inbound".

I know ED changed a communication procedure with a carrier to make it more real. But how to use VAICOM with the new procedure?

Ah... Just a previous message - answer to may question:)

Realistic ATC.

i7-6700k (4.7 GHz) // RAM 32 Gb // GTX 1070 // // Windows 10 64-bit LTSB;

VKB Gunfighter Mk2 Pro + VKB MCG Pro // BRD-F1(v.2) // Oculus Rift cv1 // BRD-N(v. №4) // VKB King Cobra MkII Fat // VKB King Cobra MkIII Fat // Saitek X55 // Saitek throttle Quadrant // Microsoft FFB 2 // Saitek X45 // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog // VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals // VKB RDRXXI-L // TrackIR 5

Hi,

I'm having an issue, I did not see in any recent posts. The issue i'm having is that in VR any sort of server notification (throught the inferno EWRS in the below image) is being pushed down.

Normally (without viacom enabled) this happens when the comms menu is open at the same time. However, this is happening regardless of if it is showing or not. If i PPT, say options, and release PTT it will reset and work correctly for a time, but then break shortly after. It seems that the comms window is being opened automatically but is not visible.

Is there a fix or workaround for this. Or do i have something set up incorrectly?

issue.thumb.png.fa25223805a72ef148f266ab9c1bb540.png

I am having the same issue, having used Bankler's excellent Case 1 landing mission for the last few days. The issue leads to a truncated assessment summary, but only while i have VoiceAttack and Vaicom Pro active.

I had previously selected disable menus option, which i had to do to prevent the comms menu from appearing constantly, but mission messages still appear in the bottom right of the screen, as per @trgriffin's screen shot, instead of the top right, where the messages appear, in full, when VA/VP is not active.

It's not a real biggy for this mission in particular, as comms aren't essential, but it could be a pain for other scenarios.

Is there a permanent fix for the "comms menu pops up, goes away, pops up..." issue? I delete Export.lua occasionally but neither do I know who generates it neither what's wrong with it once created.

Anything I can do to help debug?

While life without Vaicom is useless, this issue I could do without.

The only thing I know of is to delete that file, then restart voice attack and then DCS world and that always fixes it for me. However, after every update I have to do that.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

Deleted post, sorted out the issue.

Edited by Muskoka

i5 11600k 4.9ghz, 64gb 3600, 3070ti, multiple ssd/nvme, Rift S, TM Warthog / Throttle, Saitek Pedals, Nevada, Normandy, Syria, A10C/2, KA-50 3, P51D, L39, Huey, WW2 Assets, VaicomPro

I know this is a really newb question but I am really struggling figuring out how to communicate with the Stennis in VAICOM. In the mission editor it says that the Stennis is 270.000 AM but under the comms Carrier Info menu it says Marshal is 305.000 AM and LSO 270.000 AM (which works when I'm using the comms menu to request Approach and then hand-off to the LSO, check in button 7).

When, using easy comms, I say "Stennis, select" and it tunes to 270.000.

Could someone please tell me what I need to say to communicate with the Stennis, I would be very grateful. Or even just post a video of themselves approaching the carrier. I don't understand how people learn what to say, there is no documentation or user guides on carrier ops that I can find.

Yes, it would be great to have more guidence of what to say, a basic reference for us newbies to get started with all the various commands to say and what they actually do in the sim.:thumbup:

Some online servers switch Easy communication on I have noticed. if I fly from one airport to another and switch freqency manually, the channel is set back to the departure freqencies without "instant Select" set in the Waicom pro Preferecses. Using Options menu takes away the fun saying the command.:pilotfly:

Intel i7-9900K @ Corsair 2x3.3GHz 32 GB DDR4 + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 TI (11 GB VRAM) + Windows 10 64Bit + Thrustmaster Worthog, Thrustmaster Pendular, VPC WarBRD, Buddy-Fox, Buttkicker, Cougar MFDs, TrackIr 5, Flightpanels, ASUS 32" 4K monitor.