VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hi all, just trying to do some troubleshooting with the AIRIO extension. Flew a mission with friends last night and ran into a problem where some commands were being recognised (could see in the voice attack window) but were not actually being actioned, I would get the tx/rx effects but then no verbal response from Jester kinda like when you try to align too early. Anyone run into this? Checked to see if it may have been F14 module by disabling VA&Viacom and using the jester wheel and it was working fine responding to commands.

Edited by itekiwoshi

Okay, i have done a lot of searching and have come up with nothing. My command list does not include radio tune (like it does with tacan tune) i have no idea how to add it back, i have tried the finish and copy to the profile, va states i have no missing aliases and require no further action but radio tune does not work at all.

I have the same issue I think. Interestingly when I right mouse click on the command directly with the mouse and execute from within the profile I see the following pop up in game. "Airio: Radio command out of range".

I have also tried exporting and importing a new VA profile that already includes the Tacan, Radio and Datalink commands with no luck in getting those specific commands to be recognized.

@Freightdog, try the options take route, even in VR I can usually run my f10 units without needing to export them.

Hey thanks for the reply but I’ve no idea what any of what you wrote means! What is “options take” please? I’m at an impasse where I need to (apparently) use the f10 radio menu but f10 just brings my map up.

Oculus Rift S, RTX2060 Ryzen 5 2600 16GB, SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Voiceattack Plugin

Hey thanks for the reply but I’ve no idea what any of what you wrote means! What is “options take” please? I’m at an impasse where I need to (apparently) use the f10 radio menu but f10 just brings my map up.

Just say “Options” and the F10 menu should come up.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

Just say “Options” and the F10 menu should come up.

Ah thank you I think I'm getting somewhere now... just tried saying "options" in VA/Vaicom, it is recognised "Options - confidence 97%" , but nothing happens in game, the VA window says:

"TX4 | AUTO: [ Undefined ],[ ],[ ] Show Options [ ] [ ]" so is it context specific in-game ie only available at certain mission points, or do I need to enable any other settings? I do already have "import F10 menus" checked in my Vaicom config.

Voiceattack Plugin

Do you have the Options choice ticked in the Preferences section in Vaicom?

L_CTRL/L_ALT/"C" Brings up the Vaicom window click on the Preferences Tab & in there is an "Allow Options" make sure that is ticked and it should bring it up in the game

Bpmorris, I was screaming at it last night trying to get it to recognize radio tune before I noticed the command was missing, lol. It seems like it is just flat missing, I wonder if downloading an older version f the rioai extension would work, then just updating it...

got VA working with VAICOM PRO ---- it works for a couple mins, then doesn't work anymore - its running, its not crashing - but it does not respond to my PTT key (from TM-WH/TARGET and keyboard, doesn't matter)

it seems like it is always on - always listening

because if i watch the VA window, it is picking up fragments of what i'm saying (and getting things wrong too)

but i'm not keying the PTT

i see approx 280 pages of support here - have *not* gone through them all

just gonna put this out there ---- any ideas why VA/VAICOM plugin works for a few mins and then just..... doesn't??

TIA

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just installed the Jester addition and was wondering how you update the Jester commands. When I installed Jester, I added the 4 commands to the main page as explained on page 37 of the manual. When I update the main program with substituting the DLL file, I assume that this does not update Jester. So I guess I have to download the new AIRO.dll and put it in the extensions folder. Do I also have to then again import the AIRIO.vap file and again copy the 4 commands into the main program?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

The options menu has to have the ptt button held the entire time you are talking to it. You can jump staight to the f10 menu by saying "take 10" then command from there.

not sure that's part of it

like i said, it works as expected - and then it doesn't

something is getting turned off somehow?

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah thank you I think I'm getting somewhere now... just tried saying "options" in VA/Vaicom, it is recognised "Options - confidence 97%" , but nothing happens in game, the VA window says:

"TX4 | AUTO: [ Undefined ],[ ],[ ] Show Options [ ] [ ]" so is it context specific in-game ie only available at certain mission points, or do I need to enable any other settings? I do already have "import F10 menus" checked in my Vaicom config.

I'm fairly sure that which PTT buttons are active will depend upon the module currently being played and that the AUTO button (TX4) might not work, for the options command, with easycomms set to off.

Maybe just try another PTT button that you know is active in the aircraft you are currently sitting in.

Edit: I've just got into my PC, which is probably what i should have done before posting, and it would appear that if easycomms is off, VP throws out a "PTT key not in use: check configuration" warning, when you press TX4 or any other inactivve PTT key.

With easycomms on, it does display an, albeit limited, comms menu. Therefore, my above suggestion is probably not likely to help. Sorry

Edited by Greyman

I'm fairly sure that which PTT buttons are active will depend upon the module currently being played and that the AUTO button (TX4) might not work, for the options command, with easycomms set to off.

Maybe just try another PTT button that you know is active in the aircraft you are currently sitting in.

Edit: I've just got into my PC, which is probably what i should have done before posting, and it would appear that if easycomms is off, VP throws out a "PTT key not in use: check configuration" warning, when you press TX4 or any other inactivve PTT key.

With easycomms on, it does display an, albeit limited, comms menu. Therefore, my above suggestion is probably not likely to help. Sorry

Well I have sort of got it working thanks, I can get the Options menu up now and can proceed with the missions at last, although annoyingly the options themselves are displayed right underneath the display of the in mission text which makes reading it very hard but it's useable so thanks for that.

I have another problem now; on approach to Kobuleti at the end of the mission, I manually tune 133 for tower and request rejoin, but it infuriatingly auto-tunes Batumi(?) instead and transmits to them. Seems an Easycomms issue, but as you said above, I need Easycomms on in the first place to be able to access the F10 options menu. Oh well!

Voiceattack Plugin

Tonight I freshly installed Voice Attack, Vaicom Pro, and AIRIO, following all the steps in the manual.

After restarting voice attack and DCS, I launched a test scenario and told Jester over node TX 5 to "Scan Left", which he responded to and did.

After that point, every command I've given him results in a "RIO recipient is not available at this time" message in the voice attack window. I've restarted both voice attack and DCS multiple times, and it's always the same error sound and message.

Why isn't Jester listening to voice commands anymore?

1:02:39 AM - Listening suspended
1:02:39 AM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX5 release'
1:02:39 AM - RIO recipient is not available at this time.
1:02:39 AM - Recognized : 'scan right'
1:02:37 AM - Listening resumed
1:02:37 AM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX5 press'
12:58:08 AM - Listening suspended
12:58:08 AM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX5 release'
12:58:08 AM - RIO recipient is not available at this time.
12:58:08 AM - Recognized : 'tacan tune'
12:58:06 AM - Listening resumed
12:58:06 AM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX5 press'
12:58:01 AM - Listening suspended
12:58:01 AM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX5 release'
12:58:01 AM - RIO recipient is not available at this time.
12:58:01 AM - Recognized : 'scan right'
12:57:59 AM - Listening resumed
12:57:59 AM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX5 press'
12:57:43 AM - Opening Configuration window
12:57:43 AM - Shortcut : 'Configuration'
12:56:18 AM - Listening suspended
12:56:18 AM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX5 release'
12:56:17 AM - RIO recipient is not available at this time.
12:56:17 AM - Recognized : 'wake up'
12:56:15 AM - Listening resumed
12:56:15 AM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX5 press'
12:56:14 AM - RIO recipient is not available at this time.
12:56:14 AM - Recognized : 'scan left'
12:56:14 AM - Listening suspended
12:56:14 AM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX5 release'
12:56:12 AM - Listening resumed
12:56:12 AM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX5 press'
12:56:11 AM - RIO recipient is not available at this time.
12:56:11 AM - Recognized : 'scan right'
12:56:11 AM - Listening suspended
12:56:11 AM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX5 release'
12:56:09 AM - Listening resumed
12:56:09 AM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX5 press'
12:56:05 AM - Listening suspended
12:56:05 AM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX5 release'
12:56:03 AM - Listening resumed
12:56:03 AM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX5 press'
12:54:55 AM - Plugin 'VAICOM PRO 2.5' initialized.
12:54:55 AM - Ready for commands.
12:54:55 AM - Initializing..
12:54:55 AM - Press LCtrl+LAlt+C for config.
12:54:55 AM - VAICOM PRO for DCS World. License: PRO
12:54:54 AM - Plugin support enabled.

What is the best method to update the Jester module?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I posted this in an old vaicom threat already, so sorry for crossposting:

"Connect Air Supply" does not work in F-14 of stable and openbeta since one of the last dcs updates. I didn't use F-14 since a couple of weeks, so I don't know which update breaks it. Before the update it worked like a charm.

In game and VA log window I see this:

Ground Crew: unable to comply, air source isn't connected

If I use normal radio menu it is working. Please check it. Maybe ED has changed something internally as preperation for their coming carrier modul?

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

I'd love to be able to select a tacan channel by number and band (x or y). If anyone knows the correct syntax to make this work I'd be very appreciative. I've tried every combination I could think of but I could have missed one...

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Tacan Tune [xray-yankee] [first number, usually zero] [second number 1-9, usually] [third number 0-9, usally] I always forgot about the first number and could rarely get it to catch without it.

IE tacan tune x-ray 038 = 38x

I was about to pull my hair out earlier today when I discovered you could have Jester tune a specific tacan. I guess the first time I did it I must have said X-ray 074 because it worked. Spent an hour trying to figure out why it wouldn’t work anymore after that. Then I saw that three digits are needed after reading the manual again. Works great now.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

I wrote a simple piece of VA code that I run on a seperate profile appended to Vaicom, it allows you to tune the TACAN in the pilot's pit separately.

Rocket science it's not!! It works well if a bit slow but it's a good backup if Jester decides he doesn't can't be bothered.

I have to call the command using VORTAC as opposed to TACAN as Vaicom takes charge if I use the word TACAN

It also involves a reset at the begining to synch the TACAN channel in game to the Voice Attack (I'm no Hollywood)

If anybody wanted it I could post it up

If anybody wanted it I could post it up

I would like to see it. Thx.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN