VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

How does one use the F10 import to re-import custom commands from a mission? Accidently deleted one special command added by a mission, now it won't re-add it. How can I do this manually? Tried resetting the keywords, then restarting the campaign/mission, no luck. It just won't add them again. Other missions work fine with import.

Edited by dawgie79

If you can, maybe try changing the name of the mission file in question, just in case VAICOM Pro keeps a list of missions that it has imported and it is that which is stopping it being reimported.

If it does maintain a list, it might use an identifier other than the file name, but it's worth a try.

@dawgie Try with what @Greyman says, for a hard reset you could delete the Database subfolder and restart.

@jason Thanks dude, if you get stuck update messages best to grab the latest dll files from the website and replace them manually.

Regarding the comms audio routing that can get a bit involved with stuff like VoiceMeter in between, may take some additional testing.

You can e.g. try with routing Redirect to (Default) and then change your Windows default audio device.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

It's a mission from a campaign, first mission Eastern Friendship for the F/A-18C. So don't know if renaming breaks the campaign, so I'm gonna try deleting the database subfolder (after backupping it ofc).

Thanks gents. :)

edit:

Both renaming as well as a hard reset (i.e. deleting database subfolder) didn't work.

Edited by dawgie79

are you copying the updated commands list into the profile, as per the Import F10 section of the manual, on page 19. If memory serves me right, that involves pressing the "FINISH" button, which copies the commands list to the clipboard, and then pasting the results back into the VP profile.

"Importing F10 Menus

Some missions make use of the ‘Other’(F10) menu for special commands. If in Preferences the option

‘Import F10 Menus’ is enabled the F10 menu items will be added to the keyword database.

The imported keywords cannot be used immediately, the updated keywords list must first be added

to the VA profile. See Keywords Editor section in the Configuration Window chapter."

sorry if you've done this, but i thought it worth asking.

Did that too, yes, but only the first time which was the time it did work, before my accidental delete. After the first time it doesn't even import it, so nothing to finish. :)

EDIT: and then, suddenly, out of the blue, VAICOM just imported the F10 items again. So problem solved, kinda. ;)

Edited by dawgie79

I just recently got back into DCS. Got a new rig - installed everything a new and wanted to try out the F-14 along with VAICOM PRO. I used VP in the past very successfully. Setup was painless and the basic functions work. Voice Attack does recognize the module. Extented Command Set is enabled. AIRIO is enabled. But I cannot get Jester to answer to my calls... see screenshot...

Help is needed!

1571362186_VAscreen1.thumb.png.90d8942be44ac919d5114624ccf67df0.png

I just recently got back into DCS. Got a new rig - installed everything a new and wanted to try out the F-14 along with VAICOM PRO. I used VP in the past very successfully. Setup was painless and the basic functions work. Voice Attack does recognize the module. Extented Command Set is enabled. AIRIO is enabled. But I cannot get Jester to answer to my calls... see screenshot...

Help is needed!

Use the keywords training, "jester" for example isn't recognized, so you need to train it. Alt-Ctrl-C to open VAICOM window, tab Editor, click the mic and there you go.

Did that too, yes, but only the first time which was the time it did work, before my accidental delete. After the first time it doesn't even import it, so nothing to finish. :)

Maybe let me know which mission/campaign it was that holds the missing command(s) and i could load it and let you have a copy of the resulting string? You would then have to correctly identify the missing bit(s) of your string and copy/paste them from my version into yours.

Not guaranteed to work, but it might be worth a try, as long as i have that mission of course.

Maybe let me know which mission/campaign it was that holds the missing command(s) and i could load it and let you have a copy of the resulting string? You would then have to correctly identify the missing bit(s) of your string and copy/paste them from my version into yours.

Not guaranteed to work, but it might be worth a try, as long as i have that mission of course.

Thanks mate, but no need, because of some miracle tonight it suddenly decided to import the F10 commands, so all good again now.

Again, thanks for your help mate. Much appreciated! :)

Curious - anyone get viacomm working with Airboss? Will import f10 pull in the menu keywords or is some other action required to enable those f10 menus in viacomm?

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

Curious - anyone get viacomm working with Airboss? Will import f10 pull in the menu keywords or is some other action required to enable those f10 menus in viacomm?

Yeah, I have it set up and it's pretty cool. You need to import the F10. It's briefly described in the VAICOM manual.

However, there is one catch. The F10 airboss menu has to be always in the same place as you have exported it, i.e. it requires always same F-key sequence so to speak.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

I got the problem that if I use a AIRIO command I always get the hint by voiceattack

awaiting additional input

can someone help me with that

and the AIRIO overlay is not working at all

but all the airport commands are working like "batumi inbound"

Hollywood,

After running VA/VAICOM for almost a year straight without issue, DCS appears to have stop responding to the VAICOM commands. The only thing I did in the last few days was update to VA 1.7.8. Troubleshooting in debug mode, I can see that VA is recognizing my commands and the plugin appears to be sending the command set to DCS, but nothing happens. What is weird is that for commands that I have added to the profile such as "aircraft view", VA sends the command and DCS reacts as it has always done. Could my plugin keywords be corrupted? That doesn't make sense to me because in debug mode I can see VA recognize the command and the plugin appears to be sending the right command to DCS. At a lost here right now. If I reset my keywords, will that clear out the profile commands I have added? Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Try deleting the export.lua file and then restart DCS and VA. This probably needs to be done after every DCS update.

Check out from around 12:00 onwards in the linked video

Appreciate the response!

Tried this and the set custom DCS path. No joy.

Remember to check in the Config (Ctrl, L Alt +C) settings that your pointed towards the correct fie path for DCS World

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Also what sometimes happens when updating VA is that it no longer runs as admin.

You may see this on startup 'VoiceAttack privileges not elevated.'

Just in case inspect your VA shortcut / properties / Compatibility tab / all users / and check 'run this program as an administrator'.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

check target in

Voice Attack

Profile Options target

and target set in the command

I am having a similar problem w/ 1.7.8

went back to 1.7.7 till I can find a solution,

new update did change something in the targeting app, to streamline!

I tried all the suggestions. Path is correct. VA running as admin. Target set correctly. How do I revert back to 1.7.7? I can't seem to find the previous version.

Probably not helpful, but just to make sure that you have restarted both VA and DCS after elevating to run as admin.

Also, does the PTT tab of the VP config screen correctly display the module you are using?

It does not, which mirrors the symptom of the export.lua file issue mentioned in the video posted here. I tried those steps suggested and nothing has worked so far. Maybe I need to do a manual .lua install?

Edit: I forgot to add I have restarted all applications numerous times, along with several reboots. No joy.

Edited by GIJoe
UPDATE