VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

@GIJoe Run a DCS Repair before restarting VA and DCS.

My apologies to all. After further troubleshooting, I went back to the basics and started looking at mods I had running. Turns out my mod to fix the VR menu cut off was the culprit. It modifies the CommandDialogsPanel lua file and removing that mod resorted all functionality. Glad I got VAICOM back, but now I can't see the whole menu text in VR again. I primarily need it to see my scores in Bankler's CASE 1 tutorial. Oh well. Hopefully, ED will fix this issue or give us options to adjust the text size to less than 1.

Thank you to everyone who tried to help me!

I also fly Banklers Case I mission, but I just close VA before I do.

The landing summary, usually telling me what a crap recovery I have just flown, is fully visible in the top right of the screen.

For me, in VR the overall score at the bottom is cut off. Others have reported cut off text in menus as well. Happened in one of the last OB updates. Not sure VA is involved?!?

is that just with VA/VP running or without it?

I use VR too and when i fly that mission with VA/VP loaded, the apparently random acitvations of the comms menu, whether it's visible or not, causes Banklers summaries to be moved to the bottom right of the display to be truncated. that's why i don't fly that mission with VA/VP.

is that just with VA/VP running or without it?

I use VR too and when i fly that mission with VA/VP loaded, the apparently random acitvations of the comms menu, whether it's visible or not, causes Banklers summaries to be moved to the bottom right of the display to be truncated. that's why i don't fly that mission with VA/VP.

Ahhhh... yep, VA/VP is running. Will test today without it running and report back.

Edit: Confirmed! With VA/VP not running, menu shows at the top as before and not truncated. With VA/VP on, truncated menu at the bottom. Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by GIJoe
UPDATE

it appears that the comms menu is getting called by something within VA/VP, possibly due to background noise, and whether you have the comms menu hidden or not in the options, it relocates the DCS text output box, or whatever the right name for it is, to the bottom right of the display and in a truncated form.

I wonder if the DCS comms menu can be moved in the options??

Ahhhh... yep, VA/VP is running. Will test today without it running and report back.

Edit: Confirmed! With VA/VP not running, menu shows at the top as before and not truncated. With VA/VP on, truncated menu at the bottom. Thanks for the heads up!

I've found I can kind of cheat around this a bit. I have menus visible but not sure if that's required, anyway when the VR menu is pushed to the bottom you can temporarily make it go back by calling Tower>options, then releasing ptt. It only stays there a short while and bumps back down. So mostly I just don't use Vaicom if in a training mission or something. In some of the training missions the text is so long it truncates regardless in the box.

That sounds useful, particularly when I have accidentally left VA running and perhaps expectedly, given Murphy's Law, then gone on to potentially get my best ever recovery score.

Also, it would appear that you can indeed move the comms menu and/or the message box, by editing a DCS lua file, so that might hold a potential solution.

questions about Vaicom and FA-18C

Hello, I selected my PPT joystick button on VoiceAttack (transmit TX1) and I am wondering if it is possible to use the "Norm MAP" mode on VAICOM PPT page and use only one button for PTT switching from radio n.1 to radio n.2 instead of using two Hotas buttons (TX1 and TX2). :helpsmilie:

If there are more then one Tanker with the same name but different number i.e. Texaco1 and Texaco2 or the Tanker that i need (e.g. Texaco2) is not the closest to me i'm not able to contact it but the command is sent to the other Tanker - i guess because it doesn't answer Texaco2 to the voice command but it answer only to the keyboard command but if in don't change frequency to Texaco1, Texaco1 it answer to my voice call-

This is a post on June, 20th ... the problem is still present.

this is your first answer

@Ares63 Not sure I follow. You may want to inspect your keybinds in dcs options, manual page 10.

my keys are correctly recognized if i have only one tanker but if i have 2 tanker (e.g. one low altitude for A10 (KC135 NAMED TEXACO1) end another one high altitude for FA18 (KC135MPRS - named SHELL1).

WITHOUT EASY COMM, KC135MPRS frequency on COMM1, when i call for refuel SHELL1 with VAICOM i can see the request on DCS screen (left corner and of course Voice Attack log gave me a positive recognized request ) but it didn't answer if i open DCS COMM menù for COM1 menù key and then follow menù tanker request, SHELL is usually the second tanker in the menù list and it answere to the "intent to refuel" request.

Only after first request via DCS menù i'm able to ask precontat via voice by VAICOM (in this situation DCS menù is on SHELL1 "ready to precontact", "Abort refuel" request options).

Of course it happen also with other situation (not so common) like if we have 2 AWACS

Thanks to VAICOM i have no need to use keyboard in DCS but due to this problem i have to keep keyboard close to me, look for it during my flight if the problem occurs and i can't disable DCS Com menù display in VAICOM pref

verifica

Currently running into an issue where any commands I speak will only transmit over TX5 - Intercom. This is preventing me from communicating with ATC/Tankers/etc.

I can see on the PTT window that it recognizes that I'm pressing the correct TX1/TX2, shows that I'm in the F-14 module, the only thing that does not show, and I wonder if this is the cause of the trouble, is the Frequency that the radio is tuned to. Happens in Single or Multi player, with or without SRS running.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Retired CO of the vCSG-3's VF-103 Jolly Rogers

Please excuse if this has been answered before. I am new to both VR and Viacom Pro. The first use for it will be in air to air refueling. What command would I speak for inbound , ready pre contact.

I cant wait to use this it is going to be a huge help to me.

"Approaching to refuel" should do the trick for the inbound equivalent and then "ready pre-contact when you are in position behind the tanker.

Currently running into an issue where any commands I speak will only transmit over TX5 - Intercom. This is preventing me from communicating with ATC/Tankers/etc.

I can see on the PTT window that it recognizes that I'm pressing the correct TX1/TX2, shows that I'm in the F-14 module, the only thing that does not show, and I wonder if this is the cause of the trouble, is the Frequency that the radio is tuned to. Happens in Single or Multi player, with or without SRS running.

That does sound like the radio is set to the wrong frequency, so either figure out how to do that or set easy comms to on. There is also an option that tunes the radio for you when you select an entity, even with easy comms off. For example "Batumi select" should tune the radio associated with the PTT button you pressed, to the Batumi tower.

I'd go for option 1 though and learn how to tune the radio. I don't have the F14 yet, but I suspect that your RIO can be asked to do it.

Edited by Greyman

This is a post on June, 20th ... the problem is still present.

this is your first answer

my keys are correctly recognized if i have only one tanker but if i have 2 tanker (e.g. one low altitude for A10 (KC135 NAMED TEXACO1) end another one high altitude for FA18 (KC135MPRS - named SHELL1).

WITHOUT EASY COMM, KC135MPRS frequency on COMM1, when i call for refuel SHELL1 with VAICOM i can see the request on DCS screen (left corner and of course Voice Attack log gave me a positive recognized request ) but it didn't answer if i open DCS COMM menù for COM1 menù key and then follow menù tanker request, SHELL is usually the second tanker in the menù list and it answere to the "intent to refuel" request.

Only after first request via DCS menù i'm able to ask precontat via voice by VAICOM (in this situation DCS menù is on SHELL1 "ready to precontact", "Abort refuel" request options).

Of course it happen also with other situation (not so common) like if we have 2 AWACS

Thanks to VAICOM i have no need to use keyboard in DCS but due to this problem i have to keep keyboard close to me, look for it during my flight if the problem occurs and i can't disable DCS Com menù display in VAICOM pref

verifica

Maybe try "approach to refuel"

I have it set to the right frequency. I know how to use it, otherwise I wouldn’t be able to communicate with the ATC using the actual menu. The radio repeater in VAICOM shows 000.00 no matter what I actually have it tuned to, and shows that it’s sending on TX5 no matter which radio button I hit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Absolutely you are, and I appreciate it. Your suggestion did make me reconsider other options, SRS mapping was fine.

I did find the problem. It was having ICS Hot Mic checked in the AIRIO EX settings tab. Edit: I swear I tried this previously, but guess not.

I genuinely do appreciate the help. I do tech support for a living, and always get the need to ask every question because sometimes it’s something simple overlooked. Your suggestion wasn’t the cause, but did put me on the path to getting it solved, so thanks a lot!

Edited by lbellouny
Added clarification

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Giving Up...Can't Get Jester Back

I have tried and tried and triied again, and I cannot get Vaicom to work with the F-14. I have a high-end headset with a good mic, and have no problems speaking clean English, but my failure rate is too high to be able to use this.

Anyhow, I shut down Vaicom and Voice Attack, and restarted DCS and now I cannot get the Jester wheel back. Probably missing something, but please advise as to how to get my Jester command wheel to appear with the A key. Do I have to uninstall Vaicom?

-= Gary =-

a.k.a. Florida - Current DCS Beta, A-10C II Warthog, F/A-18C Hornet, F-16, F-14B Tomcat, P-51D, Spitfire, Track IR, Logitech X-56 HOTAS, Logitech rudder pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Throttle Quadrant, Razer Orb Weaver, X-Box controller

:pilotfly:

Open vaicom back up and turn off the disable menu option in the AIRIO EX settings column

Assuming this is the response to my query about getting the Jester wheel back, could you be more specific? There is no option on my Vaicom menu under the EX pulldown. And I have never disabled the menus on Vaicom or VA.

Vaicom states that the Jester wheel has been disabled when using Vaicom, but when I now launch DCS andd the F-14, without Voice Attack, the Jester menu still doesn't come up with the "A" key.

-= Gary =-

a.k.a. Florida - Current DCS Beta, A-10C II Warthog, F/A-18C Hornet, F-16, F-14B Tomcat, P-51D, Spitfire, Track IR, Logitech X-56 HOTAS, Logitech rudder pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Throttle Quadrant, Razer Orb Weaver, X-Box controller

:pilotfly: