VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

@gpbarth In the EX tab, first enable and then disable AIRIO. Next restart VA end then launch DCS. Wheel should be there as normal. If not for some reason run a DCS Repair.

Hope it helps, grtz

EDIT P.S. if you have recognition issues with AIRIO suggest to run the keywords training en re-inspect mic/driver settings.

Also tweaking Command Weight in VA options can make a significant difference, e.g. try with setting higher than 90.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

When it is available, pressing the FINISH button will copy the command list to the clipboard, so you would be able to paste it into a document from there.

Alternatively, the 'when I say' field, in the VA settings, for the VP profile, also contains the command list, so put your mouse cursor anywhere in that field and press Ctrl a and then Ctrl c to put the list onto the clipboard.

I have gone thru the setup a few time read the manual and watch the video's I think I'm missing something. I fly the F 18 I have listed below how my TX are mapping.

TX1 is set to SRS 1

TX2 is set to SRS 2

TX3 is set to SRS 3

Do I map the Joystick button for Push to Talk to All 6 TX positions In VA profile? Right now I have is for TX1 only

when I push the 1 thru 6 keys of my PTT button I hear the squelch sound

Hello

I'm very new to VaicomPro so this maybe a mistake I am making. However what has happened since I installed Voice Attack is the Com 1 Menu keeps coming on with out me doing anything.

Is there a something I've done wrong perhaps

I get that too and even if I select the option to hide the menu, it must still be getting called, as the message window gets moved to the bottom right of the display.

Maybe VA/VP is interpreting ambient noise as commands??

Delayed commands

Hi everyone,

I've been having a very annoying issue lately using VA + VAICOM PRO with the F-5E (haven't tried using another aircraft):

Even though the software recognizes my commands properly (as shown in VA window), they will very often be blocked from being passed right away on to DCS, when airborne.

It took me some time to figure out that they would eventually be passed on when opening up the COMMS menu manually (in the F-5E, either using the throttle mic switch, the stick pinkie switch in flight or RALT+\). Strangely enough, the first press to open the COMMS menu doesn't work. The second press works and seems to "unblock" all commands that were queued up by VA+VAICOM.

On the ground everything works normally and landing has the same "unblocking" effect on pending orders.

Using the COMMS menu manually works everytime.

In the VAICOM PRO settings I don't have the COMMS menu hidden option activated and I am using realistic comms in the DCS options. All nodes are properly showing up in the VAICOM status window and respond appropriately to joystick inputs.

Using latest version of DCS stable, VA and VAICOM PRO with paid licences, under Windows 10 1903. HOTAS is Thrustmaster Warthog with CTS profile.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the F-5E's pinkie switch: on the ground it acts as a NWS button, in the air as a PTT.

Any help appreciated as it has been a deal breaker quite frankly :cry:

@jameslockridge You may want to inspect your DCS config for keybinds (Manual page 10), als re-check your TX press/release config in the VA profile.

Make sure no background apps or 3rd party entries interfere in export.lua. Run a DCS repair if needed.

@flyingflatfour As above. In addition suggest a couple of checks:

- fly another module and see if it's the same there,

- test without any specific Warthog profiles i.e. with plain DX buttons (press-and-hold variety) or standard keyboard keys.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@jameslockridge You may want to inspect your DCS config for keybinds (Manual page 10), als re-check your TX press/release config in the VA profile.

Make sure no background apps or 3rd party entries interfere in export.lua. Run a DCS repair if needed.

- test without any specific Warthog profiles i.e. with plain DX buttons (press-and-hold variety) or standard keyboard keys.

Thanks I'm back home Wednesday I'll give it a try. Will that fix the problem of the comm menu coming up even when I do not push any buttons

Hiya gurus

I'm having another crack at getting Vaicom running, this time to try and do some A-A refueling.

When I speak to the tanker to request refuel, Vaicom recognises the command, and transmits it as expected, but I'm not getting any response from the tanker.

The default tanker frequencies in the mission are the same as one of the airfields, and the airfield responds to the 'inbound' command on that frequency. I thought there might be some conflict, but changing the frequencies around doesn't help at all. The tanker just blanks me.

Any ideas? :helpsmilie:

Thank you Hollywood for your reply I did get a chance to run thru your troubleshooting list as best I could. Unfortunately no change In the end.

I was not able to fix the Comm 1 menu which goes on and off repeatly on/off every 5 sec.

I also cannot speak a command and have DCS invoke it. When I push the PPT I hear the squelch sometimes I hear a short beep after I say a command. I am using Reverb VR headsets.

When I was troubleshooting these are some of the things I was not sure I addressed properly.

In DCS F-18 I could not find any of the Hotas Mic Switch options, either in the Hotas section or using the search function.

For my TX press/release I've tried a few configurations.

First I try to set them all to the TX's to the button I've assigned as PTT.

I've also tried only setting TX1 to the PTT.

Then I tried setting TX1 and TX2 to the PTT.

I did also do the DCS repair.

BTW your video's are very well done as well as helpful, I'm excited to get this working it will be a game changer for me I think.

Hiya gurus

I'm having another crack at getting Vaicom running, this time to try and do some A-A refueling.

When I speak to the tanker to request refuel, Vaicom recognises the command, and transmits it as expected, but I'm not getting any response from the tanker.

The default tanker frequencies in the mission are the same as one of the airfields, and the airfield responds to the 'inbound' command on that frequency. I thought there might be some conflict, but changing the frequencies around doesn't help at all. The tanker just blanks me.

Any ideas? :helpsmilie:

Try "approaching to refuel" to request refuelling. The tanker should come back and tell you to get to pre-contact (just behind the tanker) and then that is when you say "ready pre-contact".

Good luck, as that is when the real fun starts ;)

Try "approaching to refuel" to request refuelling. The tanker should come back and tell you to get to pre-contact (just behind the tanker) and then that is when you say "ready pre-contact".

Good luck, as that is when the real fun starts ;)

Ah, that did it. Thank you. :thumbup:

I was not able to fix the Comm 1 menu which goes on and off repeatly on/off every 5 sec.

If you haven't already tried this, open the VA config window and then select the Config tab. Set the 'Use custom DCS path:' to point at your root DCS folder (mine is E:\Games\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta

Might need to redo this after each update

HTH:thumbup:

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

That seems to have stopped the constant menu calls and even though the message box still appears in the bottom right, i can now get that back to the top by selecting any radio. asking for "options" and then letting go of the PTT. When the comms menu disappears, the message box takes its place.

thanks @hornblower793 and @Hollywood_315 for the suggestions and hopefully @jameslockridge will find them equally useful.

Thank you hornblower you were spot on. This morning I tried what you said which also reminded me of a video I had seen weeks ago while I was researching VA. I copied the link for anyone else who may want to look at it.

However I was able to refuel today without having to use my mouse a huge bonus. Now I have to practice with the commands.

Greyman thanks for the encouragement it was helpful.

hmmm, the folder structure that the guy in the video shows doesn't look like mine at all. for some reason, i don't appear to have subfolders for each version of DCS and have just set the custom folder, in the VP config screen, to the top-level DCS World folder.

i guess i must have installed DCS in a different way, but as it was so long ago, i don't have a clue how.

oh well, it seems to work now so no worries.

Hi Hollywood,

I have read the manual concerning keybinds but it's not that clear in my mind.

I use the TM HOTAS Warthog with the CTS profile system, which is setup to be compatible with VAICOM PRO and SRS together.

I have assigned VAICOM PRO nodes TX1, 2, 3 and 5 to joystick buttons DX20, 22, 23 and 21 respectively (I do not use easy comms) and have checked that they work as intended (press/release).

I have checked that these are not assigned to any command within DCS controls menu.

Still the problem persists...

So I have tried another module, the Su-33, and there seems to be no problem there.

I suspect there is a conflict with the CTS profile, which simulates the pinkie switch on the stick as a PTT when airborne, but in a non-conventional way through complex TARGET programming...

I am in contact with the programmer to try to sort this out.

Best regards!

@jamelockridge & @greyman

Glad it works and to have been of help:)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal