VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hollywood will need to confirm, but I am fairly sure that VAICOM Pro is the only supported version now.

So that we have a little more information on what it isn't doing that it should or what it is doing that it shouldn't could you expand a little.

If VA is working that might suggest that it is recognising at least some of the commands, but is not passing them over to DCS.

Maybe worth a try are a) make sure VA is running as Administrator and b) delete the export.lua file, in the scripts folder under your Saved Games/DCS folder and then restart DCS and VoiceAttack.

Edit: maybe also check out the FAQs page at https://www.vaicompro.com/faq.html. Among other useful information are a couple of links to YouTube vids that might be of interest.

Edited by Greyman

Hollywood will need to confirm, but I am fairly sure that VAICOM Pro is the only supported version now.

So that we have a little more information on what it isn't doing that it should or what it is doing that it shouldn't could you expand a little.

If VA is working that might suggest that it is recognising at least some of the commands, but is not passing them over to DCS.

Maybe worth a try are a) make sure VA is running as Administrator and b) delete the export.lua file, in the scripts folder under your Saved Games/DCS folder and then restart DCS and VoiceAttack.

Edit: maybe also check out the FAQs page at https://www.vaicompro.com/faq.html. Among other useful information are a couple of links to YouTube vids that might be of interest.

Hi, thank you for the reply. I guess I am not after support as I will sort this out eventually. I speak, crackles are on, all seems well, DCS does not execute. Anyway, I have missed prev releases due to real life and I fly mainly DCS 1.2 and 1.5. (PC specs etc)

To be able d/l older versions would be tops.

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

Thanks rogue. When using the NORM push-to-talk mode these switches are indeed mapped as you say. Question was more on the slot allocations i.e. for the Hornet COMM1 is on TX1 but you may want to have it e.g. on TX4 instead in some cases for example because you have mapped that one to the UP switch on your controller. There's a lot you could do with the Exposed Variables but let me have a think on potential other options and get back on this one.

Any progress on this issue?

Thanks.

EDIT: Came up with an idea, see new post.

Edited by RogueSqdn

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

This may be a stupid question, but I noticed the Tacan Tune command is part of the AIRIO extension. I was just wondering if it is possible to set this up for other modules such as the F18 for example and if it is , how would I go about configuring it so that if I were to say:

Tacan, Tune X-ray, Xero, Four, Three. Then it would automagically tune my F18's radio to the tacan station 43X

Is this possible in modules other than the 14 at present?

Thanks

Martin

Edited by Badass1982

No such thing as stupid question and I can't answer it directly.

However as a work around it's pretty easy to make a command set that tunes TACAN if the module has keybindings in the controls for changing the TACAN channels. You simply piggyback the profile onto the back of Vaicom

I have 2 separate profiles for each aircraft, one is the standard Vaicom the other does stuff to control some of the cockpit stuff. You piggyback the cockpit command profile to Vaicom and it all works reasonablty well

In the cockpit commands profile I have commands for each of the airfields in the Caucasus where I state "Tune Airfield* Tacan" and the corrrect station is assigned.

*Airfield=named Airfield like Batumi, Kobuleti etc:

If you want to try it or just want commands to tune a number drop me a PM and I can try to produce something. Im no Hollywood and it's not perfect but it works for me

Here is an example (I know it's the F-14), but it sorta gives you the idea, where the piggybacked profile is tuning the pilot's Tacan. You might want to view it full screen in YouTube to see what's going on

If there are more then one Tanker with the same name but different number i.e. Texaco1 and Texaco2 or the Tanker that i need (e.g. Texaco2) is not the closest to me i'm not able to contact it but the command is sent to the other Tanker - i guess because it doesn't answer Texaco2 to the voice command but it answer only to the keyboard command but if in don't change frequency to Texaco1, Texaco1 it answer to my voice call-

@Ares63 Not sure I follow. You may want to inspect your keybinds in dcs options, manual page 10.

I'm sad ... no answer ...

We usually use 2 tankers, different type in different altitudes for FA18 and A10 and this it happen every time

Keybind is OK with only one tanker it works fine but not with two tankers

I've come up with an idea for the multiple aircraft with different PTTs issue.

I only update VAICOM commands in the main profile. I've also created a secondary "Controls" profile that covers any miscellaneous commands I want to add, such as NVGs.

I then create a separate profile for each aircraft and set the PTTs as desired. I also add commands to each aircraft to be able to switch to any other aircraft. That and the PTT commands are the only thing in those profiles (unless I add an aircraft-specific cockpit control).

Lastly, I use the "Include commands from other profiles" function of VoiceAttack to add the VAICOM and Controls profiles to every aircraft profile.

So when I am using VoiceAttack, the active profile is always the aircraft I'm flying, but it's pulling commands from both my Controls profile and from the VAICOM profile. This way, if I need to either update the voice command list or add a control (that's common among aircraft), I only have to do it once.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

The way I understand the function of VAICOM Pro is that it predominantly covers the conversation bit of radio/intercom comms. With the F14 having a "back seat driver"/RIO VP also now covers the conversations with them and as it is the RIO who tunes the radio, the commands you are talking about were added. The AIRIO commands are there to replace the command wheel that the F14 exclusively uses. I don't yet have AIRIO, but I wouldn't expect that it would work with any other modules.

@RogueSqdn Sure, that should work. Equally for complex custom configs you could involve the plugins exposed variables.

@Badass1982 That feature is exclusively for F-14 i.e. AIRIO.

@Jedra Not a known issue, we'll have a look.

@mcgen Should work out of the box if you enable the Auto Import Modules option.

@Ares63 You can contact any tanker in the mission. They must have unique callsigns e.g. 'Shell', 'Arco'. Use the Select command.

@Siddharta What @Greyman says, the manual tuning command is for F-14 Jester i.e. AIRIO. With other modules use the Select command to tune radios.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Chatter questions

Hey good people,

At the risk of being a dumb question, would Hollywood or anyone out there know if it is possible to have Chatter switch off whilst outside of your aircraft using ext views and then have it immediately resume when you return? And also will there be any updates in regards to different Themes or variances within the current Themes as after a while they do start to get a little repetitive and that's not a criticism, I totally enjoy this software.

Cheers G :)

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

@Ares63 You can contact any tanker in the mission. They must have unique callsigns e.g. 'Shell', 'Arco'. Use the Select command.

This is usually what i do ... but for the first call "approaching for refuel" it doesn't answer if i do this by vaicom.

The sequence is:

COM frequency SET

call "Shell" and i listen the beep for the recognized callsign "approcing for refuel"

DCS display the request text (the request is recognized from Voice Attack and passed to DCS)

Shell it doesn't answer... also if i repeat it

But if i did it via DCS menù the Tanker answer to me!!!

After first "manual" request I can go on with "ready precontact" request via Voice Attack that is correctly answered from Tanker.

Take care that usually SHELL is not the first tanker in the menù list

EASY COMM is OFF

SHELL is the unique callsign used for the tanker

Frequency is correctly SET and right PTT for the COM is pressed (in fact the precontact is working fine with the same behavior)

@GazAce Good to hear you enjoy the product mate.

I like the idea of the external view thing, making a note here to see if something can be done with it.

@Ares63 Well it's not a known issue. Menu position is not relevant, the plugin doesn't use the menu system.

Some questions:

-Is Instant Select option on or off (try both),

-Did you call 'Shell,.. Select' first,

-Which module are you flying,

-Do you get the same with other modules,

-Is the effect repeatable across others (SP/MP) missions,

-Do you get the same when using Easy Comms ON?

Thanks

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

CALLING VAICOM PRO EXPERTS!

I'm willing to donate a new aircraft, campaign or map to anybody who can spend s0me time with me on VOIP to get VAICOM Pro and its modules all working smoothly

Hey folks

So I've just spent a rather large sum of money on a new High End rig so I can run DCS F14, but I'm very new to the advanced aircraft in DCS, including how to operate the radios, and also how to operate VAICOM with them. I've read the VAICOM manuals, and there are several steps that aren't clear to a noobie - such as:

- Which radios communicate with which AI entities such as wingmen, Jester, ATC, etc

- How do I map my Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS to the correct PTT buttons, including which DCS keymaps do I need to change

- how do I get AIRIO to work properly (NFI what "Follow the

regular FINISH steps (see page 30) to update your VA profile with the new keyword" means, even after reading the manual.)

I've already spent hours trying to configure this to no avail, but I think I could get it all going smoothly if somebody spent an hour or so with me on VOIP talking me through the setup process. I think I've installed the three VAICOM modules correctly, and registered the licenses, so it's just a matter of changing the settings.

As mentioned, I'm willing to donate a new aircraft, campaign or map to anybody who can spend some time with me on VOIP to get this all working smoothly.

I think this would be far more efficient than trying to muddle my way through it all. If you're keen to help this beginner out, please PM me. Note that I live in Melbourne, Australia, so it would have to be at a suitable AEST time (I can do it any day of the week between 11am and 11pm.

Fingers crossed somebody wants a new module for DCS and can take the time to help me. Thanks in advance for anybody who can expertly guide me through configuring VAICOM and DCS so I can sink my teeth into learning the F14 and reliving my Top Gun glory days!

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

1. From Windows, set your audio output device to your speakers.

2. Open Voice Attack and LCtrl+LShift+C to open the VAICOM utility.

3. Go to the Audio tab and click on the switch to enable the feature.

4. From the list that says REDIR to the right side, select your headphones.

I actually tried it yesterday and that procedure worked for me. I suspect you didn't do step 1, if you claim to have done everything else correctly. DCS's output needs to be set to the speakers and then VAICOM just grabs certain audio and redirects it.

Thanks now

it works

Hi

I am using the Vaicom Pro, for the most part, to make air-to-air refuelling easier but, for some reason it defaults to Texaco. I want to speak to Arco but it tends to hear it as "Unco" even if I select Arco through the old-style menu.

I have long come to the conclusion that the voice training is never going to work. Anyone have any hints as to how to make this work?

Thanks!

CptT

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

Hi

I am using the Vaicom Pro, for the most part, to make air-to-air refuelling easier but, for some reason it defaults to Texaco. I want to speak to Arco but it tends to hear it as "Unco" even if I select Arco through the old-style menu.

I have long come to the conclusion that the voice training is never going to work. Anyone have any hints as to how to make this work?

Thanks!

CptT

You can add your own spoken version of "Arco" to the voice recognition dictionary. I've done this for a fair few words, mainly the names of Russian airfields that I am most likely mispronouncing.

Dear @Hollywood_315

Do you have an update planned when they launch the F-16?

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

Not sure what I have done (apart from changing my speech engine language from English US to English UK; I'm a native Brit so I assumed using the UK voice engine would help) My accent hasn't changed, speech engine has. VA and VAICOM are really struggling to hear me now and this is the weird part, for only certain groups of commands. Like the f10 Menu commands. Sometimes it will recognize but only with like a 45% and lower "confidence" level. i guess my question is this :

What actually makes the accuracy better?, is it doing the Windows built in Speech Engine training (which i have done about 10 times now on both the US and UK engine) or is it solely training the phrases in Vaicom/Voice Attack.

Thanks in advance.

M

Not sure what I have done (apart from changing my speech engine language from English US to English UK; I'm a native Brit so I assumed using the UK voice engine would help) My accent hasn't changed, speech engine has. VA and VAICOM are really struggling to hear me now and this is the weird part, for only certain groups of commands. Like the f10 Menu commands. Sometimes it will recognize but only with like a 45% and lower "confidence" level. i guess my question is this :

What actually makes the accuracy better?, is it doing the Windows built in Speech Engine training (which i have done about 10 times now on both the US and UK engine) or is it solely training the phrases in Vaicom/Voice Attack.

Thanks in advance.

M

In my experience both matter. Furthermore, it's essential to have a good microphone, preferably on a headset.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals