VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Advice on sound problems please

Hi

I have a sound setup which I cant seem to get right! I have an external Amp, Bose surround speaker, Rift S, Soundblaster card, a birdsnest of cables and I use Viacom Pro (with Voice attack).

At the moment all sound comes through the Rift speakers, which is limited. In Viacom I set the sound to play through my Amp and speakers with radio through Rift; the sound is great, but I do not get an audio response from the radio. Iwould love to be able to have the great sound from external speakers and radio to work properly through head speakers.

Anyone able to advise please?

Thanks

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Duplicate commands error

Afetr the last update, I tried to finish the keyword database process. After ctrl+V and pressing 'Ok', I get an error about duplicate commands.

"Invalid multipart command. Multipart commands cannot contain duplicate entries. Please remove any duplicate entries."

I have looked and cannot find these duplicate entries. I have reset the keyword database with no change.

I have 13 FA-18 specific commands which did not throw the duplicate error on the previous updates.

Is there a sure fire way to find the duplicates or is there something else I can do to get past the error?

Thanks,

ANON6-4 | Chamby

That sounds like a VoiceAttack error, so maybe go to the editor tab on the VP config window, press the FINISH button to copy the database to the clipboard and paste this into the VA profile. You need to make sure that the current content of the profile field are gone first though, with CTRL-a and delete.

I've created a new VA profile for my own VA Commands (canopy close, gear up etc.) and include the VAICOM profile. So the vaicom profile stays clean and can be tested on it's own. Even the differentiation between the aircrafts works like a charm. So I was able to use one command "Canopy" with different keystrokes for different aircrafts in my profile.

I like that solution. There is only one drawback. If you need to change the VAICOM profile, you have to switch to it and after the change back to your profile. Sometimes I forgot to switch back and getting angry why VA doesn't understood my commands and then I realise I'm using the stock VAICOM profile without my commands. :doh:

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

@MAXsenna Yes 2.5.12.1 is latest build and has Viper support.

@Firebird If there's been no change to the keywords you will only have those options.

@NakedSquirrel It's not a command curently but we'll make a note to see if it can be added.

@Manhorne I've seen the sim report Viper VHF radio as switched off (hence greyed out on the PTT page) even though it does appear to be switched on in the pit.

Not sure yet if this sim report is in fact accurate (e.g. radio is switched off, not powered..) or not but let's keep an eye on.

Could be worth reporting to ED if things are not consistent. It is Early Access so may be one of those things that will get ironed out by ED along the way.

@stgchamby Suggest to try with what @Greyman says

@kaltokri :D

@Bluethornton One of the things you may want to check is the VR Audio Device option in DCS settings.

@hreich Good you got it sorted, thanks for updating.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

I can't get the Hotfix 2.5.12.1 to install automatically, and I don't see this version on the website only 2.5.12? Where can I download the hotfix or the updated full version that include the Viper. I only see 2.5.12 on the website.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Hollywood

I was up in the Viper yesterday just for a short try, TBH I didn't check the VHF switch in the pit but as I spawned on the runway I'd assume it was on.

Although greyed out in Vaicomm the radio actually worked when the PTT was activated & I was able to communicate with the tower

@Outlaw Download on the website is always the latest build.

Build info now added on the download page for clarity, thanks for flagging.

Not a problem :thumbup: appreciate the great work you are doing for the community.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

@MAXsenna Yes 2.5.12.1 is latest build and has Viper support.

@Firebird If there's been no change to the keywords you will only have those options.

I agree, but the finish button never goes out in the vaicom control panel. It is always orange on a reboot, or reopen of the program. Everything seems to work but it never clears.

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

I use subtitles in the game to test whether VAICOM understands everything I say and I noticed that multipart commands regarding attack orders are not working for the Viper.

If I say "Attack air defenses with Guided Bombs", VA understands the full multipart command, but the game subtitles only display "Attack air defenses".

Is this an issue of the Viper (I suspect it is) or does it have something to do with VAICOM?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

@Firebird1955 Ok that's interesting. Noted, we'll need to see if it can somehow be reproduced.

@Harker By itself that's normal behavior: not all modules support use of appendices (weapon, direction directives). We'll run a check on this re the Viper.

In any case the 'Use Appendices' option must obviously be enabled in the plugin.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@Harker By itself that's normal behavior: not all modules support use of appendices (weapon, direction directives). We'll run a check on this re the Viper.

In any case the 'Use Appendices' option must obviously be enabled in the plugin.

Thanks for the quick reply! I do have the option checked. I'm using the same profile I use for the F-18 and it works flawlessly there. I do think that it's because of the module itself, but thanks for checking it out.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Radio Tune ### decimal ###

Hi thanks, its a start but after that i get

21:03:40 - (awaiting additional input)

21:03:40 - Have result, identified as recipient : Jester

21:03:40 - Captured sentence: Jester radio tune 126.000

21:03:40 - Recognized : 'Jester Radio Tune 126.000' (contains 'jester') (Confidence 91)

That sounds like a VoiceAttack error, so maybe go to the editor tab on the VP config window, press the FINISH button to copy the database to the clipboard and paste this into the VA profile. You need to make sure that the current content of the profile field are gone first though, with CTRL-a and delete.

@Hollywood_315 Yup, I know the process. I do it after each update. This time I get the error mentioned in my original post. Need to know how to find the duplicates. Tried pasting into notepad, but that's no good.

I'm having issues with getting Comm 2 to work on the F16 module. I can get the static beep showing that i have control of comm 2 but it doesn't register that I've said anything. If I use Comm 1 the correct button works and the command is issued and comm 1 "UHF" lights up in the cockpit showing it is in use but not for Comm 2.

I've even pulled up the viacom window and the TX 2 (assuming that is the correct place for Comm 2) but alas not working.

Am I doing something wrong?

thanks much in advance.

Hi thanks, its a start but after that i get

21:03:40 - (awaiting additional input)

21:03:40 - Have result, identified as recipient : Jester

21:03:40 - Captured sentence: Jester radio tune 126.000

21:03:40 - Recognized : 'Jester Radio Tune 126.000' (contains 'jester') (Confidence 91)

It does not look like the command is installed correctly. All voice attack is recognizing is “Jester” Did you copy the commands to the profile?

This command installs similar to the “map market to steerpoint x” and the “Scan sector Angels x for X”

If you are still getting the duplicate error when pasting these: Try exporting your voice attack profile and delete the default Viacom .vap profile.

The profile should repopulate and you ought to be able to paste in the new commands from it, or you can switch to the default profile and start from scratch.

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

I'm having problems with the Editor.

'Finish' is highlighted, so I replace the commands as instructed.

However, when I then use the 'test' button, 'Finish' highlights again and the following message is displayed:

"5 missing aliases in VA profile VIACOM PRO for DCS World".

If I then redo the finish step, the same thing happens. I have tried deleting the VIACOM PRO vap file, but no joy.

I'm having problems with the Editor.

'Finish' is highlighted, so I replace the commands as instructed.

However, when I then use the 'test' button, 'Finish' highlights again and the following message is displayed:

"5 missing aliases in VA profile VIACOM PRO for DCS World".

If I then redo the finish step, the same thing happens. I have tried deleting the VIACOM PRO vap file, but no joy.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.. Will have to see if this is related to my issue of not getting finish to extinguish on a restart of Voiceattack. Just verified that when I press test it also says I have 5 missing aliases as well

Edited by Firebird1955

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

@kiwi & firebird

Maybe I’m misreading you, but to make a new command you hit finish and the command you retyped/added ought to be in your clipboard to paste into the voice attack profile. (Program must be in admin mode for this to work)

Also. If you delete the Viacom .vap file try reloading it or importing the commands. I found deleting the file will repopulate the file but you still need to load it.

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

@kiwi & firebird

Maybe I’m misreading you, but to make a new command you hit finish and the command you retyped/added ought to be in your clipboard to paste into the voice attack profile. (Program must be in admin mode for this to work)

Also. If you delete the Viacom .vap file try reloading it or importing the commands. I found deleting the file will repopulate the file but you still need to load it.

I am running as an admin and have followed all of the steps (Ctl A, Delete, Ctl V) but when I try to hit apply in the main profile page, it is grayed out only allowing Done or cancel