VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

@Mangrove Not reproducible here. Also the plugin doesn't send any keystrokes (like F2) at all.

You may want to inspect you're running VA and VAICOM latest versions (2.5.12.2).

Grtz

Thanks for reply Hollywood. Viacom Pro was out of date but only by 1 (this has been happening from install) and VA was up to date. I updated and it still happens every time, which forces me out of program to achieve takeoff.

Is there a log that can be activated to maybe see what is going on?

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

Check the REDIR setting on the Audio tab in the VAICOM control panel.

I had the same problem until I remembered I'd turned redirection on. Went in and checked and the output had changed to another output.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

thanks got it working

Jester lock commands being acknowledged but not actioned

Hi,

I’m just wondering if anyone has had issues since the last open beta update

I took the F-14 up yesterday in Operation Snowfox (multiplayer server)

Just FYI Jester was working fine in This MP mission before the last open beta update.

I would ask Jester to “Lock single Bogey ahead” ...

Viacom recognised the command and Jester says “yes Sir” or Ok or Yup.

But....Jester does not lock up anything?

I can see the highlighted target on the pilot display, but no matter how many times I ask he will not lock any aircraft.

Jester did respond and do radio commands and link host commands.

Anyone else see this behaviour?

Hi folks,

I have this little problem with Vaicom Pro:

So far I have always flown with simple radio, but for the EF & RF missions of Sedlo for the Viper I had to switch to realistic radio. That worked so far - I also set the radio in the Vaicom menu to realisitic radio.

But now I notice that my VHF radio does not work on my wingman. Vaicom recognizes my command, but the wingman does not react. By chance I found out that I first have to call the VHF radio menu via RAlt # (and to close it with RAlt # again). If this happens once, my wingman reacts to my spoken commands. Is this due to the Viper module, or do I still have to change something in my setting?

Thx in advance!

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

@Boomer Couldn't reproduce with that MP server but in any case there's been no change to the plugin.

Perhaps check again with the wheel instead of AIRIO to compare.

Also make sure to use the correct command phrase/alias i.e. 'Track Single Bogey Ahead'.

@Monty Cant't reproduce, sounds like your flight may be actually on UHF (which is more typical), or that you need to apply "Colt, Select" on VHF first if that is your flight callsign (or more basic 'Flight, Select') to tune the radio.

In any case make sure you run latest plugin build i.e. 2.5.12.2.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Thanks Hollywood, I’ll try again and see if the wheel is working / not working in a similar way.

I was using the correct phrase in game (My brain was paraphrasing while typing) The commands were recognised correctly by Voice attack/ Viacom and jester did respond, he just didn’t do it :-).

Anyway I’ll see if I can work out what’s going on and resolve it.

Cheers

Boomer

@Monty Cant't reproduce, sounds like your flight may be actually on UHF (which is more typical), or that you need to apply "Colt, Select" on VHF first if that is your flight callsign (or more basic 'Flight, Select') to tune the radio.

In any case make sure you run latest plugin build i.e. 2.5.12.2.

Thx for the quick reply. I have everything up to date, but the problem still occurs - even when using "Dodge select" (what my flight is) or "flight select". VHF is the right band to radio to your wingman while using the Viper. And of course - it does work with my configured radio button on the correct VHF frequency, I only have to press RAlt # once -- from then on I get a response from my wingman. Taking the next mission - same configuration - no response, until RAlt # opens the communication to my wingman. Maybe you have another idea!?

Best, Monty

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

Does the Aircraft Carrier Comms feature work now? I cannot set the checkbox..

And when I claim "Inbound" I can hear my avatar just pronouncing a frequency. What is wrong?

i7-6700k (4.7 GHz) // RAM 32 Gb // GTX 1070 // // Windows 10 64-bit LTSB;

VKB Gunfighter Mk2 Pro + VKB MCG Pro // BRD-F1(v.2) // Oculus Rift cv1 // BRD-N(v. №4) // VKB King Cobra MkII Fat // VKB King Cobra MkIII Fat // Saitek X55 // Saitek throttle Quadrant // Microsoft FFB 2 // Saitek X45 // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog // VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals // VKB RDRXXI-L // TrackIR 5

Hello all,

What I am now trying to figure out is why the TACAN Station isn't tuning to what I want - what does constructing message mean?

10:18:47 AM - Constructing message...

10:18:47 AM - TX5 | ICS: [ F-14 AI RIO ],[ ],[ ] TACAN Tune LAS (116X) [ ] [ ]

10:18:47 AM - Unspecified recipient called: using default unit for this category

10:18:47 AM - TX5 ICS: no tuned units.

10:18:47 AM - Have result, identified as command : TACAN Lima Alfa Sierra

10:18:47 AM - Captured sentence: tacan lima alfa sierra

10:18:47 AM - Recognized : 'tacan lima alfa sierra'

10:18:44 AM - TX5 | ICS: Radio 2 XX 000.000 MHz: no tuned units.

10:18:44 AM - TX5 | ICS: Radio 2 XX 000.000 MHz: no tuned units.

Also, another simple thing like the Walkman... stuck at constructing message

10:32:22 AM - Shortcut : 'Transmit TX5 release'

10:32:21 AM - Constructing message...

10:32:21 AM - TX5 | ICS: [ F-14 AI RIO ],[ ],[ ] Play the Walkman [ ] [ ]

10:32:21 AM - Unspecified recipient called: using default unit for this category

10:32:21 AM - TX5 ICS: no tuned units.

10:32:21 AM - Have result, identified as command : Rock and Roll

10:32:21 AM - Captured sentence: rock and roll

10:32:21 AM - Recognized : 'rock and roll'

10:32:19 AM - TX5 | ICS: Radio 2 XX 000.000 MHz: no tuned units.

10:32:19 AM - TX5 | ICS: Radio 2 XX 000.000 MHz: no tuned units.

Edited by tribundf

I am not sure whether it is a problem with VAICOM or unrelated: After installing I tried to do the F14-cold start-mission from the 'Instant action'-menu, which worked flawlessly before. After request, the chief connects the GND PWR, I asked Jester for startup. Jester answers and asks for the air. I give the command 'Apply AIR', and the chief answers that there is no air available...

Any hints?

EDIT: Solved. Have to apply the command "Connect Air Supply" first.

Edited by flankerrider
EDIT

flankerrider

CPU | AMD Ryzen 5900X | Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Graphics | ASUS 1080 | Storage | Crucial_CT1050MX300SSD1 (1TB, SATA600, 2.5", SSD, OPAL, SED) | SAMSUNG MZVPV512HDGL-00000 (512.1GB, PCIe3x4/NVMe, M.2, SSD, SED) Wheelbase | Fanatec Clubsport V2 Wheels | Fanatec Podium Classic | Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V2 | Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1 Monitor | LG 2560x1080 VR Headset | HP Reverb VR1000 2nd batch | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Recaro-seat (ex-Lancia) | MonsterTech Rig |

You have to ask chief to connect air supply first. Did you do that?

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Greetings...

Fully licensed on all modules.

Quick question on F10 import to clarify.

Scenario is...

Multiplayer Server using Airboss.

I am a bit fuzzy on how to get setup to interact with this. I know I can choose the import F10 menu in Pref. Once that is done software has a Yellow FINISH button in the audio section and is saying i need to copy the keyword into the profile. When i load the clipboard in to notes= and compare to the current keywords, there is no difference.

Per the manual. i need to add them to the profile, but there is no difference from what exists. So, I do not think the F10 menu is imported.

Do i just need to record keywords which match the airboss menus? and then save them?

I did restart va and viacom after setting the import f10 option,. but dunno what else i may have missed

Thanks in advance for the guidance.

here is the startup log file showing loading F10 menu items...

VAICOM PRO logfile

Plugin version 2.5.12.2 (release)

License: PRO

Executing automatic lua code installation.

DCS World version 2.5 not found.

DCS World installation found: version 2.5 OpenBeta

Using Registry entry for 2.5 OpenBeta

DCS World installation path = Q:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta

Saved Games folder = C:\Users\Glen\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

Unchanged: Export.lua

Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua

Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua

Reset: speech.lua

Reset: TabSheetBar.lua

4/5 DCS-side files were updated.

Checking VA profile.

Importing RIO extension pack...

Done.

Loading keywords database...

Success.

Loading F10 menu items...

Success.

Adding 5 imported ATC aliases.

Setting ATC Oliver Hazzard Perry class as recipient Oliver Hazzard Perry class 15801

Setting ATC Ticonderoga class as recipient Ticonderoga class 15803

Setting ATC FARP as recipient FARP 15804

Adding 0 imported menu commands.

Building master keywords table...

Success.

Building master labels table...

Success.

No new DCS modules to import.

Adding themepack collections

Chatter theme set to Default

Adding chatter resources.. Default

Resources added.

Chatter initialized.

Startup finished.

Ready for commands.

Edited by jv44bubi
adding info

VF-31 Tomcatters

vf31-cat.jpg

http://www.csg-1.com/ | Discord

You have to ask chief to connect air supply first. Did you do that?

Yes; it's the chief who reports no air is available...

Regards

flankerrider

CPU | AMD Ryzen 5900X | Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Graphics | ASUS 1080 | Storage | Crucial_CT1050MX300SSD1 (1TB, SATA600, 2.5", SSD, OPAL, SED) | SAMSUNG MZVPV512HDGL-00000 (512.1GB, PCIe3x4/NVMe, M.2, SSD, SED) Wheelbase | Fanatec Clubsport V2 Wheels | Fanatec Podium Classic | Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V2 | Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1 Monitor | LG 2560x1080 VR Headset | HP Reverb VR1000 2nd batch | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Recaro-seat (ex-Lancia) | MonsterTech Rig |

I have a question: using vaicom pro without subtitles is very immersive, expecially in VR, but a problem rises: when using russian modules such as the mig-21 (recently bought with sales), ATC answers in russian language, and without subtitles it is incomprehensible for non russian speakers like me. Is there a way to force english ATC even with russian planes?

I have a question: using vaicom pro without subtitles is very immersive, expecially in VR, but a problem rises: when using russian modules such as the mig-21 (recently bought with sales), ATC answers in russian language, and without subtitles it is incomprehensible for non russian speakers like me. Is there a way to force english ATC even with russian planes?
Replace the sound files I guess...

Maybe someone's made a mod.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I am not sure whether it is a problem with VAICOM or unrelated: After installing I tried to do the F14-cold start-mission from the 'Instant action'-menu, which worked flawlessly before. After request, the chief connects the GND PWR, I asked Jester for startup. Jester answers and asks for the air. I give the command 'Apply AIR' , and the chief answers that there is no air available...

Any hints?

For troubleshooting I did the following:

- repair DCS

- delete export.lua

I started the game (w/o VAICOM): Jester wheel was available again, the commands ("apply air" via the comm-menu) worked.

I started VAICOM, started the game: The module was recognized, Jester answered, I issued the command "apply air" which was recognized, the chief answered "no air available"

So: It is something with Voiceattack/VAICOM, but I have no clue where to search...

EDIT: Solved. Have to apply command "Connect Air Supply" first...

Edited by flankerrider
EDIT

flankerrider

@tribundf You may want to check that your AIRIO is propely installed. Manual page 36.

@flankerrider Not reproducible, all working fine here. Make sure to use Connect Air Supply before Apply Air.

@jv44bubi Enable the Import F10 option and fly the mission, the menu items will be added with 'Action' keyword.

Next tailor the aliases at will with the editor and go through the FINISH steps to use.

@nessuno0505 You're in luck, upcoming plugin release update (2.5.13) has a new option to force English spoken language across all modules.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@nessuno0505 You're in luck, upcoming plugin release update (2.5.13) has a new option to force English spoken language across all modules.

I'll love it. :thumbup:

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Used Vaicom for the first time in a while today..

I noticed a bunch of messages in the VoiceAttack log window from the game.. Like "A10c Pull Up" over and over again.. and others.

What is that and how do I turn it off? I'm not looking at VoiceAttack for information like that.

Thanks.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

@tribundf You may want to check that your AIRIO is propely installed. Manual page 36.

@flankerrider Not reproducible, all working fine here. Make sure to use Connect Air Supply before Apply Air.

@jv44bubi Enable the Import F10 option and fly the mission, the menu items will be added with 'Action' keyword.

Next tailor the aliases at will with the editor and go through the FINISH steps to use.

Hollywood, thanks for the reply. So i have done all that. Still I do not see anything related to the F10 menu in the profile anywhere. Unless am looking in the wrong place. Also I am not sure what voice commands i would need/use as i do not see any new ones added.

Edited by jv44bubi
found answer

VF-31 Tomcatters

vf31-cat.jpg

http://www.csg-1.com/ | Discord

Used Vaicom for the first time in a while today..

I noticed a bunch of messages in the VoiceAttack log window from the game.. Like "A10c Pull Up" over and over again.. and others.

What is that and how do I turn it off? I'm not looking at VoiceAttack for information like that.

Thanks.

Maybe take a look at the System/Advanced tab in the VoiceAttack settings. There is an Enable Log Quiet Mode option, with sub-options, that might help. I'm not certain that they will, as i haven't tried, but it might be worth a look.