VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

@Viper Well it's a bit of an advanced case but there are certainly ways to make it work.

First of all let your joystick software send an emulated keyboard key instead of a DX button so that modifiers like shift, alt etc can be used to bind the button to different TX nodes in VA. For swapping radios you can use SRS mode in this case but more generally use the plugins exposed variables. On TX1 make a condition block in the VA press/release commands that tests for fhe F14. If true invoke plugin call ptt.tx2.press / release, else normal ie invoke ptt.tx1. press / release. Do the same for TX2 and you will have swapped the TX mapping.

EDIT as a sidenote speaking to both radios at the same time doesn't not make sense, e.g. when having two airbases selected you may want to test with this using SNGL mode, as addressing the airfield name in your calls should automatically use the correct corresponding radio. So I expect this actually wouldn't be an issue.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Another interesting question:

Can I do a "Conditional (If Statement)" querying for the status if the SRS switch is currently active? Like this:

SRS_special.thumb.png.3aa87067fc7afd23d3205da5226dc87e.png

Im guessing no, since there is no exposed variable to the state of the SRS option/switch ...

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

On TX1 make a condition block in the VA press/release commands that tests for fhe F14.

What is the name (string) of the F-14?

"F-14" and "F-14AB Tomcat" don't work in conditions ...

For the moment I am using "Contains" "F-14AB" and "Does not contain" "F-14AB", at least this works!

Edited by TOViper

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Another one:

After entering the Viggen on the runway at Batumi in single player, Viacom said the nearest airfield would be Kobuleti.

nearest_airfield.thumb.png.022e4443ae2633cb99d7f8fbf4dc1a57.png

Do I guess right that the logic takes into consideration the nearest "friendly" airfield?

Edited by TOViper

my computer:

To readout the module name, just have VA write the token value to the log.

SRS button can be toggled with the API. SRS button state value is not exposed at this time: could be useful though, we'll consider it for addition.

The log shows nearest coalition airfield with radio capabilities.

Grtz

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

To readout the module name, just have VA write the token value to the log.

SRS button can be toggled with the API. SRS button state value is not exposed at this time: could be useful though, we'll consider it for addition.

The log shows nearest coalition airfield with radio capabilities.

Grtz

Thank you for your work, sir.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I started using VAICOM Pro again a few weeks ago and had trouble with the updates. That time I had to update VAICOM, Chatter, and AIRIO manually. Now again, with this new update I have to do it again. The updates goes through it's steps and says to restart, but it doesn't work.

Could the problem be that I have VoiceAttack keep it's files in the My Documents folder here:

F:\My Documents\VoiceAttack Files\Apps\VAICOMPRO

Is VAICOM smart enough to ask VAICOM where it keeps it's plugins? Or does it just assume they are in a default location?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Sorry if this has been asked before. I tried searching through the 350+ pages of this thread without finding any hits for "remote computer", "DCS runs on remote IP", "advanced configuration".

I'm attempting to get VAICOMPRO working on a separate remote computer. I followed the instructions in the manual under "advanced configuration" and have it working to the point where VAICOMPRO's PTT panel identifies the aircraft selected on the DCS computer. I can use a joystick attached to the remote computer to key VAICOMPRO and it successfully sends commands to DCS computer. So that seem to be good.

However; what I am missing is this: how to key VAICOMPRO from the TM HOTAS PTT controller attached to the DCS Computer. Is there a way to send the PTT buttons from the controller on the DCS computer across the network to either Voice Attack or or VAICOMPRO?

Seems like VA only sees locally attached joysticks. So I must be missing something because using this current configuration doesn't seem all that useful if you have to use two separate PTT switches attached to different computers to integrate the system.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

is there a way to teach VA to understand non English accent?

Yes. But You have to train Windows speak recognition. Go to Settings -> Time&language -> Chose 'Speech' on the menu on the left -> set language English and tick the 'Recognize non-native accents for this language'. This assumes you downloaded the english package (It's below in this window)

For training:

Press windows-key + Ctrl + S In the speech recognition window with the right mouseclick, you find all the prerequisites to train windows to your voice.

flankerrider

CPU | AMD Ryzen 5900X | Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Graphics | ASUS 1080 | Storage | Crucial_CT1050MX300SSD1 (1TB, SATA600, 2.5", SSD, OPAL, SED) | SAMSUNG MZVPV512HDGL-00000 (512.1GB, PCIe3x4/NVMe, M.2, SSD, SED) Wheelbase | Fanatec Clubsport V2 Wheels | Fanatec Podium Classic | Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V2 | Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1 Monitor | LG 2560x1080 VR Headset | HP Reverb VR1000 2nd batch | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Recaro-seat (ex-Lancia) | MonsterTech Rig |

Yes, I opened all four ports mentioned in the advance configuration section and VAICOMPRO appears to be communicating with DCS over the network.

have you opened up the firewall on both PCs to the specified ports?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

Yes, I opened all four ports mentioned in the advance configuration section and VAICOMPRO appears to be communicating with DCS over the network.

I thought it worth mentioning, as just opening those ports on the firewall of just one of your PCs might still leave network comms, in one direction or the other, blocked, when traffic in the other direction might get through.

I'm sure that Hollywood will be able to solve it for you.

Greyman,

Thanks, it was indeed worth mentioning. I feel like I am missing something, so appreciate any comments.

Are you by chance running VAICOMPRO on a remote computer? If so, are you able to key the radios from DCS?

I have "kludged" a solution together using an X-plane utility called "Pilot2ATC PTT Network Kit 1.3". It works to allow joystick buttons on one computer to generate keystrokes on a second computer. It's working with DCS and VAICOMPRO, but it is limited to two buttons, although I may be able to run multiple copies to get all six ptt buttons. However, I can't believe Hollywood hasn't already given us that capability and I just don't understand how to access it.

I see in the manual on page 65 a section titled "PLUGIN API" that list the six (12) PTT hotkeys, so I suspect this might be how to obtain this remote keying capability, but I don't have a clue how to utilize it.

Hopefully Hollywood will respond.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

GA Flight Sim

Plantronics Headphones

I am using Viacom Pro for DCS and I just got my Plantronics Headphons and Mic set up; that is, sound is coming thru headset and mic transmission is going thru the mic--good. However, whenever I give the voice command "Interrogate" the sound shifts to my external speakers and not thru my Plantronics Headset. Would anyone know what setting I need to make to get "Interrogation" sounds to come thru my Headset?

@TWC_Alamo - sorry but i'm just running the bog-standard DCS and VoiceAttack on the same PC, as i have no need to make it that complicated. :) I'm sure that Hollywood will be able to help you out though.

@williehayesjr - your speakers are probably set as your windows default output/communications device, so try changing to your headset as the default when you are using VAICOM. There is possibly a more elegant way to enforce the use of your headset, but as this works, i've not bothered to look for it.

@Hollywood_315 Hi there! I'm trying to start using the AIRIO module and almost all commands are running fine but I can't get the "extra" ones to work. I mean the five extras: TACAN, Map mark ones... I did the instructions to add them to the database.

Please check these detailed pics:

https://imgur.com/a/1JKtTXl

When I try to use them the screen says "AIRIO commands not available"

Tried using windows 7 and 10 with two different installations of DCS+Voice attack. I'm using the Steam version 1.7.8

And other thing that I found if that I have mk 82 bombs loaded and also mk20s when I said "Select Rockeyes" Jester always select the mk82s and never the mk20s on the little weapon dial back there.

Thanks and sorry for my english.

@Tundra :thumbup:

@Snacks EDIT The updater knows VA folder locations and runs where the dll's are stored. You may want to doublecheck folder admin R/W access in your case but you can always replace the dll's manually.

@flankerrider Good tip!

@TWC_Alamo PM inbound

@williehayesjr Perhaps have a look at the Audio tab and try with REDIR set to (default).

@Ferciful You'll need to be in a running F-14 mission for AIRIO to be available, PM me if you need more help with that one.

Grtz

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Fercyful

Have you added the Map Marker command to your Vaicom profile?

[...]

Just a thought

Yes Weegie, thanks! Tried two installations without luck.

@Tundra :thumbup:

@Ferciful You'll need to be in a running F-14 mission for AIRIO to be available, PM me if you need more help with that one.

Thanks Hollywood_315 for support. Inside an official SP mission, still not working. I give up. Will keep using the non RIO module and try to program myself Voice Attack with some of the most important RIO inputs.

:joystick: