VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hi Hollywood,

Quick question. In the manual, there are a lot of references to VoiceAttack and Administrator reights (--> elevated priviledges)

Make sure VoiceAttack runs as administrator...

VoiceAttack needs to run as admin. Inspect the VA desktop shortcut by right clicking and in the Compatibility tab select ‘run this program as administrator’.

I know how to handle it.

• I could disable UAC
  • I could change the shortcut
  • I could use tools which automates the step mentioned above
  • I could autostart a Bat file, which Voice Attack with elevated priviledges
  • I could autostart it with highest priviledges

It's just simply anoying.

Is this still required? If it is, any chance this requirement will be removed in the future?

Or is it only required if we need to update?

If it is required: What else should be ran as Admin? (example: DCS, SRS, etc)

Thank for this awesome tool :thumbup:

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Hi Hollywood,

Quick question. In the manual, there are a lot of references to VoiceAttack and Administrator reights (--> elevated priviledges)

I know how to handle it.

•  
  • I could disable UAC

• I could change the shortcut

• I could use tools which automates the step mentioned above

• I could autostart a Bat file, which Voice Attack with elevated priviledges

• I could autostart it with highest priviledges

It's just simply anoying.

Is this still required? If it is, any chance this requirement will be removed in the future?

Or is it only required if we need to update?

If it is required: What else should be ran as Admin? (example: DCS, SRS, etc)

Thank for this awesome tool

I have the Steam Version of VA. Have never had any issues regarding VA in any "administrative way", I have simply checked the check box, "Run Voice Attack as an Administrator", under "System/Advanced" in VA.

I guess you just forgot to mention that option.

But why is this bothering you? I don't think this has anything to do with VCP. I believe I read somewhere that it's a limitation in VA. It needs to run as admin for plugins to run.

Elite Dangerous comes to mind...

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

@tribundf You may want to check that your AIRIO is propely installed. Manual page 36.

@flankerrider Not reproducible, all working fine here. Make sure to use Connect Air Supply before Apply Air.

@jv44bubi Enable the Import F10 option and fly the mission, the menu items will be added with 'Action' keyword.

Next tailor the aliases at will with the editor and go through the FINISH steps to use.

@nessuno0505 You're in luck, upcoming plugin release update (2.5.13) has a new option to force English spoken language across all modules.

@Hollywood...thanks for the reply.... I have done that but see noting listed in profile for "action"...I do not see anything like 'airboss' or "kneeboard" which are in that menu...What am I missing? Thanks

VF-31 Tomcatters

vf31-cat.jpg

http://www.csg-1.com/ | Discord

Hey Hollywood, great product! Quick question, is VAICOM PRO supposed to work in track replays?

I've flown several times where it worked great in the actual mission, but when viewing the tracks, no commands or actions that I issued with VAICOM were ever said or done.

Thanks again for such a great product for DCS!

Lynn

Hey there Hollywood, hope all is well.

I'm having some issues with my VA since the latest update. I don't have any Volume control over the BRA calls in my Hornet on either Channel. Also when slider is set to zero in Audio Options you can still hear the calls and also the calls play out side my Aircraft even when the option is set for it not to. Any ideas mate?

I forgot to mention when I run DCS without VA both Radio CH Volumes work perfectly and also when outside cockpit no radio can be heard.

Edited by GazAce

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

I had the audio redirect working last night, and now nothinig. I've tested in VA without DCS started up. This seems to be a VA related issue, or the Vaicom plugin. When I depress the TX buttons, I get the "kerplunk" prompt, but nothing comes through my headset. Of course, when I turn off the redirect, all works fine through my speakers.

Any suggestions?

Aaaand now it works. Have no clue. I did nothing.

Edited by Wolf333

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

LOL, intermittent issues are by far the most annoying, but there is usually an explanation for it. :)

Windows sound devices appear to allow programs to take exclusive control of them, so you might want to try changing those, in the advanced tab, for the device you want to use. Another app might have taken possession of your headset, last night without you knowing it and then let it go again, when you tried it subsequently. worth a try

Edited by Greyman

LOL, intermittent issues are by far the most annoying, but there is usually an explanation for it. :)

Windows sound devices appear to allow programs to take exclusive control of them, so you might want to try changing those, in the advanced tab, for the device you want to use. Another app might have taken possession of your headset, last night without you knowing it and then let it go again, when you tried it subsequently. worth a try

You are absolutely correct and spot on! I believe it is Windows/driver issue, and found the workaround. My default sound in Windows is my speakers. Set windows default sound to my headset, click a tx button, then back to my speakers. Go into Viacom CP and reset redirect device. Then it works perfectly. May be a realtek driver issue. I'm sure if I left VoiceAttack open when I am not using the PC it would be fine. I'll try that, but too used to shutting everything down when not in use. Apps, that is.

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

2 Tanker

Hello Hollywood!

After flying a lot with VIACOM PRO, which I like very much, one question regarding tankers rises:

I have two tankers in the mission (Shell KC-135MPRS @249 MHz, and Texaco KC-135 @248 MHz).

I have selected 249.000 MHz in the F-14, and call out "SHELL, APPRROACHING FOR REFUEL".

What happens is the following:

shell_tanker_mix_max.png.c2c579031d911f5728664806b79e57d8.png

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for help!

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Saving speech training data

We all spent hours training the voice recognition for VAICOM. Precious time. This effort should not be useless once we reinstall windows, methinks.

How do you guys make sure you don't lose the work? I didn't find a ready-to-use app making sure my training data survive.

Obviously, the data reside in %appdata%\Local\Microsoft\Speech, whereas the registry-keys are in

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Speech

Is it sufficient to just save those and copy/paste it into the newly installed windows?

flankerrider

CPU | AMD Ryzen 5900X | Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Graphics | ASUS 1080 | Storage | Crucial_CT1050MX300SSD1 (1TB, SATA600, 2.5", SSD, OPAL, SED) | SAMSUNG MZVPV512HDGL-00000 (512.1GB, PCIe3x4/NVMe, M.2, SSD, SED) Wheelbase | Fanatec Clubsport V2 Wheels | Fanatec Podium Classic | Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V2 | Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1 Monitor | LG 2560x1080 VR Headset | HP Reverb VR1000 2nd batch | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Recaro-seat (ex-Lancia) | MonsterTech Rig |

We all spent hours training the voice recognition for VAICOM. Precious time. This effort should not be useless once we reinstall windows, methinks.

How do you guys make sure you don't lose the work? I didn't find a ready-to-use app making sure my training data survive.

Obviously, the data reside in %appdata%\Local\Microsoft\Speech, whereas the registry-keys are in

Is it sufficient to just save those and copy/paste it into the newly installed windows?

I believe this is what you are looking for. The Microsoft Speech Recognition Profile Manager tool allows you to export and import windows speech recognition training profiles. It’s not the greatest tool (I got some error messages when I re-imported my profile) but I *think* it worked in a recent wholesale reinstall of Windows 10 on my gaming system.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22358

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI HERO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 @ 3866MHZ, 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, Oculus Rift S

Thanks, Twwhitey, that one I also found..

I did not try since in the system requirements it states 'Windows2000, WindowsXP'... I thought that there might be changed a hell of a lot since... But I might give it a try if it worked for you...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

flankerrider

CPU | AMD Ryzen 5900X | Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Graphics | ASUS 1080 | Storage | Crucial_CT1050MX300SSD1 (1TB, SATA600, 2.5", SSD, OPAL, SED) | SAMSUNG MZVPV512HDGL-00000 (512.1GB, PCIe3x4/NVMe, M.2, SSD, SED) Wheelbase | Fanatec Clubsport V2 Wheels | Fanatec Podium Classic | Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V2 | Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1 Monitor | LG 2560x1080 VR Headset | HP Reverb VR1000 2nd batch | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Recaro-seat (ex-Lancia) | MonsterTech Rig |

I'm also pretty sure that if you have a Microsoft account - which is good for installing Win 10 (I can use any amount of them for free, just by entering my MS account details) - you can have the personal speech recognition data (i.e. your own profile from when you use voice recognition that the API uses to know what you, personally, are saying) uploaded for use in any systems you install in future.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Thanks, Twwhitey, that one I also found..

I did not try since in the system requirements it states 'Windows2000, WindowsXP'... I thought that there might be changed a hell of a lot since... But I might give it a try if it worked for you...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

I cannot make it work in Win10.

Won't start.

I'm also pretty sure that if you have a Microsoft account - which is good for installing Win 10 (I can use any amount of them for free, just by entering my MS account details) - you can have the personal speech recognition data (i.e. your own profile from when you use voice recognition that the API uses to know what you, personally, are saying) uploaded for use in any systems you install in future.
Aahhhh!! Excellent idea. Will test in a VM later. Too big update today....

I cannot make it work in Win10.

Won't start.

Yeah it's quite an old tool but apparently Windows Speech Recognition hasn't changed much since 2004. The download from MSFT should unpack a simple .exe (SpProfileMgr.exe) which should run in Windows 10. It does on my system (Windows 10 Pro v1903 see screenshot).

SpProfileMgr.thumb.jpg.256d238852b4860354489f171c9e3b47.jpg

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI HERO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 @ 3866MHZ, 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, Oculus Rift S

Yeah it's quite an old tool but apparently Windows Speech Recognition hasn't changed much since 2004. The download from MSFT should unpack a simple .exe (SpProfileMgr.exe) which should run in Windows 10. It does on my system (Windows 10 Pro v1903 see screenshot).
Right... I got as far as well. Remember noew. But I got errors when trying to export. Googled the errors, and all I found was that it wasn't compatible with W10.

Cool if you've got it working though!

Right... I got as far as well. Remember noew. But I got errors when trying to export. Googled the errors, and all I found was that it wasn't compatible with W10.

Cool if you've got it working though!

For the record I seem to recall getting error indications in the export log/window as well but that didn’t entirely seem to doom the export and subsequent import. The export did indeed run (and produce an export file) which I then imported (which also produced some error indications scattered in the results messaging).

Long story short it *appeared* to have the desired results as I have not had to re-train WSR and Voiceattack/VCP seem to work just as well as before on a completely fresh install.

It’s worth a little tinkering in my book vs going through the whole training ordeal again but probably not worth hours of effort if it’s stubborn....

non-radio commands on TX6?

I just installed vaicom and I am surprised how well it works. I use TX1 for VHF AM, TX2 (UHF), TX3 (VHF FM) and TX5 fot Intercom, mapped on the 5 way china of the warthog throttle.

When using non radio commands, do I have to use TX6 (e.g. cargo menu)? And when I want to import commands (e.g. opening/closing doors of the Huey), how do I assign a command to TX6 or TX3?

Thank you so much for advice.

Edited by shimasteama

For the record I seem to recall getting error indications in the export log/window as well but that didn’t entirely seem to doom the export and subsequent import. The export did indeed run (and produce an export file) which I then imported (which also produced some error indications scattered in the results messaging).

Long story short it *appeared* to have the desired results as I have not had to re-train WSR and Voiceattack/VCP seem to work just as well as before on a completely fresh install.

It’s worth a little tinkering in my book vs going through the whole training ordeal again but probably not worth hours of effort if it’s stubborn....

Really? Need to check it out once more then!

Hello,

i don't understand how viacom interfaces with DCS.

Could someone explain, how viacom "talks" to DCS on a technical level?

Does viacom in any way modify or change DCS settings/files?

Does viacom respect broken or powered off radios etc.?

Does viacom understand custom modifier keys?

thanks!

Edited by twistking

also, if i use "disable player voice", would that also work in MP, or will my human wingman still hear my generic pilot voice talk. (so, if we use teamspeak with PTT using the same key, we would always hear the other one a second time. First time real voice PTT, second time generic DCS pilot?)

Edited by twistking

Voice commands recognized but won’t execute

I have the latest version of Pro installed. When I transmit Voiceattack recognizes what is said but does not execute the communication in DCS. I added a command to see the F10 map and it recognizes that and the map appears. Why is it not executing what I am saying? I’ve tried everything. Incidentally, I have the option checked to give me the tones when it I say the initial word line “Batumi” but there are no tones. Thanks in advance for any help!

Jon

Hello,

i don't understand how viacom interfaces with DCS.

Could someone explain, how viacom "talks" to DCS on a technical level?

I think it sort of works like this.

You need Voice Attack, which uses Microsoft Speech Engine to understand what you say, to get words and phrases, which VA translates to commands which it executes by itself, or pass to the VAICOM PRO plugin, which then passes the commands threw LUA code directly into DCS.

Right guys?

Does viacom in any way modify or change DCS settings/files?

No. No game files.

Does viacom respect broken or powered off radios etc.?

Yes, if the radio's off or broken, you can say commands, but they will not work.Just as in real life. You can talk into a dead or broken microphone, but nothing's happening.

Does viacom understand custom modifier keys?

Doesn't need to, because it doesn't work like that.

Think of at as an external overlay, not like a controller you must configure in game.

also, if i use "disable player voice", would that also work in MP, or will my human wingman still hear my generic pilot voice talk. (so, if we use teamspeak with PTT using the same key, we would always hear the other one a second time. First time real voice PTT, second time generic DCS pilot?)

The "disable player voice" option is for immersion only, just turns of the "generic DCS pilot".

TS is an external program that has nothing to do with DCS or VIACOM, but if you use the same PTT of course the other TS recipients will hear your voice, but not the "generic DCS pilot". Why would it?

Admittingly I have not yet done any MP and haven't really used TS since 2005, so I might be wrong here. But I cannot see why any TS recipients will hear the "generic DCS pilot" as it is just ingame your side.