VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

The main thing that fixed my problem was complete cleaning of saved game/dcs open beta folder (but make a copy first, so you can return later your input config etc)

Apparantely, it´s working on my side. More testing tonight.

What I did was modifying this file:

\SavedGames\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua

Open and edit, deleting the part related to VAICOM

local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I had a question about the PTT for the intercom, TX5. I know when I use the keyboard and press the 5 button it works as it should (press and hold for listening, release for stop listening) I am trying to bind that to my TX4 on my TM warthog by disabling the TX4 command and switching it to TX5 but when I do that and press and hold nothing happens. When I release the button it now starts listening. I can't figure out a way to fix this

viacom.thumb.png.366935f0d9795ee5fb5f607c140b16bd.png

vaicom2.thumb.png.3124ae08dcffa8076e53c0f7b88251fa.png

i7-6700k| 32GB ram| GTX 2080 founders edition| Oculus Rift 2

My WIP Youtube

I had a question about the PTT for the intercom, TX5. I know when I use the keyboard and press the 5 button it works as it should (press and hold for listening, release for stop listening) I am trying to bind that to my TX4 on my TM warthog by disabling the TX4 command and switching it to TX5 but when I do that and press and hold nothing happens. When I release the button it now starts listening. I can't figure out a way to fix this
That's strange. It's almost as they've been swapped around.

You haven't by chance mapped it in Voice Attack config?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

That's strange. It's almost as they've been swapped around.

You haven't by chance mapped it in Voice Attack config?

Nope Haven't changed it at all, BUT since posting this I did try unchecking shortcut is invoked check box on the transmit function, and left it checked on the the stop transmitting function and it seemed to have fixed it for now. I guess I will test it in game. But all the other keybinds have that checked on both functions so I don't know how it works...:pilotfly:

i7-6700k| 32GB ram| GTX 2080 founders edition| Oculus Rift 2

My WIP Youtube

Nope Haven't changed it at all, BUT since posting this I did try unchecking shortcut is invoked check box on the transmit function, and left it checked on the the stop transmitting function and it seemed to have fixed it for now. I guess I will test it in game. But all the other keybinds have that checked on both functions so I don't know how it works...:pilotfly:
Well, as long as it works!

I have "Shortcut is disabled" on all my TXs for my part!

Apparantely, it´s working on my side. More testing tonight.

What I did was modifying this file:

\SavedGames\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua

Open and edit, deleting the part related to VAICOM

local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])

That apparently seems to work BUT NOT. When you change module it breaks again..

BUT I FOUND THE CULPRIT!!! I had to make a lot of changes as it appearently was working, but when loaded other plane it alwasy was broken.

The culprit is:

DCS-SRS MOD. The Simple radio!!!! At least the last version that introduced the option to show msg in screen or whatever.... I don't know if loading the SRS works, but when you don't load the client appart from DCS it don't allow to recognize the mic in voiceAttack.

So I believe that Hollywood has to talk with the SRS creator to make a fix for this. :music_whistling:

Meanwhile, to make it work, go to the SavedGames/DCS_beta/Mods folder and remove the DCS-SRS folder.

Edited by Japo32

That apparently seems to work BUT NOT. When you change module it breaks again..

BUT I FOUND THE CULPRIT!!! I had to make a lot of changes as it appearently was working, but when loaded other plane it alwasy was broken.

The culprit is:

DCS-SRS MOD. The Simple radio!!!! At least the last version that introduced the option to show msg in screen or whatever.... I don't know if loading the SRS works, but when you don't load the client appart from DCS it don't allow to recognize the mic in voiceAttack.

So I believe that Hollywood has to talk with the SRS creator to make a fix for this. :music_whistling:

Cool! Does it matter if SRS options are checked in VAICOM PRO control panel?

Solution does not work for me.

Yes, after deinstall of SRS the instant "Listening suspended" disapears.

But every 10 seconds I got "Listening suspended" and the airport mesages etc.

For now I have disabled VAICOM completly until the issue is fixed. :(

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Solution does not work for me.

Yes, after deinstall of SRS the instant "Listening suspended" disapears.

But every 10 seconds I got "Listening suspended" and the airport mesages etc.

For now I have disabled VAICOM completly until the issue is fixed. :(

Guess I was too early then. I had too bloody boot my PC and restart DCS and kick it several times, after I removed SRS, BEFORE DCS wanted to start again.

Are you 100% positive there are no "dobbled mapped" joystick inputs. Voice Attack did change it you know in the latest update, from 2 to 4 joysticks.

What I would do at this point is:

Have VAICOM PRO Voice Attack profile active. Edit the profile and REMOVE ALL your TX bindings, apply and save for good measure. Close Voice Attack, and restart it. And then bind the TXs again.

Edited by MAXsenna

I am considering to buy VAICOM but I am not sure if it works with my current VA profile for DCS this way:

Now I use VA to control my cockpits and I do not use PTT all.

I am OK with using PTT for VAICOM commands to control AI, but I do not want to use PTT to control my aircraft. Is it possible to attach e.g. my DCS Spitfire profile via DAISY-CHAIN to VAICOM VA profile and use PTT only for VAICOM comands?

THX

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

Having the same issues . . . flew last night, updated, VoiceAttack now not working . . was looking to see if other had same issue . .

i7-7700K 4.20Ghz | GeForce GTX 1080Ti DUKE | ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270 | Samsung 960 | Corsair CPU Cooler | G.SKILL 32GB | Oculus VR Rift | Saitek PRO Pedals & TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle & Joystick |

yes , but, I also have combat flight, so I copied the line from there first and then added it back into the lua after it gets recreated

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I always delete export.lua after every DCS update, as that is likely to solve at least some, if not most, of these types of issues.

The file will be in your /Users/<username>/<DCS folder>/Scripts folder

That worked. I'll have to remember from now to go to that if I'm seeing problems after an update. Thanks for your help!