VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

@tapi Upcoming update 2.5.15 is planned to have major additions in the area of MP e.g. dynamic integrations with VoiceChat and SimpleRadio.

I'm looking into it now together with Ciribob from SRS.

Goal will be to provide a seamless AI/human comms setup using just VAICOM's TX nodes for PTT.

Stay tuned for the new year!

Grtz

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

THX very much for your answer Hollywood. I really appreciate what you and Ciribob are doing. Looking forward to the upcoming update.

Happy new year

Tapi

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

Greetings, has anyone experienced issues with VAICOM PRO not working with the JF-17? I am having similar problems with it that I had with the J-11A for some reason the VAICOM PRO software breaks comms with these two planes preventing communication with the AI ATC and AWACS. The command displays, the pilot voice plays but I get no response. So does VAICOM PRO only work with US based aircraft? There seems to be an issue with VAICOM PRO and Deka Ironwork aircraft, if anyone has any information on this I would appreciate it, at this time all I can do is disable VAICOM PRO profile and use Voice Attack with my own profile that I created.

Hi all,

Im having an issue with viacom pro using the AOCS function. The viacom window recognizes my inquiry and command and displays the response in the viacom window but nothing is happening in dcs.

... watching your post with interest as I am experiencing the same issue. I believe everything was working prior to the last Vaicom Pro update? :book:

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

Hi,

I seem to have a problem contacting jtac (think since last update but cannot exactly remember when I last tried it).

I can send the request and also hear my command being played but there is no response. I also tried using "jtac options" and then "take 1" but with the same result. When I'm not running viacom and play the same mission using DCS menu communications everything works fine.

I noted that I sometimes see the following (strange?) line in the VoiceAttack window, might that have something to do with it? :

9:10:29.773 To use carrier communications, activate your Eagle Dynamics Supercarrier module license.

9:10:29.769 Recognized : 'checking in'

9:10:27.709 (awaiting additional input)

9:10:27.705 Recognized : 'axeman'

Best, Marcel

@Hknine9

@Hollywood_315

Ref Post 3686... False call... Problem solved ... no issues after last VA update... My bad, got a bit carried away whilst creating a few custom commands and must have stuffed it up... Just letting you know all good now :)

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

Hi, does anybody know how to print a list of all the commands? I tried exporting them as HTML, but it only exports a single page.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302815/?sphrase_id=21182453

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

@Hollywood_315

I noticed that when using new PTT HOT function VA stays muted when I say anything that that is not recognized by VA profile. But if I say valid command or if i say nothing and only push and release button VA listening is correctly resumed.

I use VAICOM and SRS together. And I have checked both "Use with multiplayer" and "SRS PTT Mapping" and of course, I have set ON the REL-HOT switch on the first tab.

I use the same button on my hotas for VAICOM (set in the VoiceAttack config) and for SRS transmit (set in SRS controls tab).

How can I avoid suspended VA listening after the sequence "push button" --> "say something" --> "release button" when in multiplayer and speaking to someone on SRS?

Now I must after the end of every SRS transmission push-release button once again without speaking to set VA listening resumed.

We Have in MP a mixed between Human and AI for AWACS, ATC, AAR and i'm used to have the same keys for COM1 and COM2 in SRS and VA but i configure the VA keys with a shift Button, SHIFT button (e.g. S3 on stick) is not recognized from SRS this it means that if i have to COM1 on Button S5 of the throttle if i have to speak with human i press only S5 if i have to speak with AI i press S2+S5 and in this way VA PTT is activated but all the other human on the same freq can hear me (eg during an AI AAR or an AI AWACS request picture)

Well, yea, that is a good possible solution.

I solved this problem by modifying VA PTT TX1 Release compound command (I use only TX1 because I fly only WWII) by deleting command "Stop VoiceAttack Listening". So now I still have to use PTT in order to speak the commands to AI but VA is not stopped by releasing PTT button if I use not recognized command i.e. speaking via SRS.

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

Greetings all, best wishes for the new year!

I'll get back to some of your questions.

Exciting new stuff underway in next update (2.5.15) such as much-improved

MP server compatibility, new MP integrations for dynamic VC/SRS PTT,

a revised speech processing algorithm allowing faster speech with higher

recognition rates, revised AOCS function and numerous minor tweaks and fixes.

Stay tuned :pilotfly:

@Biga Consolidate commands and make sure VA runs as administrator.

@FALT691 JF-17 Early Access is not on the list of plugin supported modules at this time.

https://www.vaicompro.com/features.html

We'll have a look to see if we can reproduce anything with the J-11.

@slicker55 No worries thanks for updating

@huppel To contact JTAC use 'Playtime 20 minutes' etc. see ref. tables.

@sniperpr1 Check @stuartaston's nice table, you can also export to .csv with the Editor Export button.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

All,

without having to read back through over 100 pages, what's the verdict on Viacom and Voice Attack? Do i need both or which is the better option?

Vaicom pro is an addon on top of voice attack (VA), so the latter is required.

It is a HUGE enhancement over VA, so pick them both.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

All,

without having to read back through over 100 pages, what's the verdict on Viacom and Voice Attack? Do i need both or which is the better option?

Ensure you have suitable hardware - headset / mic

Get VA and Vaicom Pro - register them to take full advantage of all the features - also get Vaicom Pro Chatter Pack for even better immersion - prepare for a steep learning curve but it's brilliant once it's working - a huge fan :thumbup:

Vaicom pro is an addon on top of voice attack (VA), so the latter is required.

It is a HUGE enhancement over VA, so pick them both.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Agreed, Voice Attack along with Vaicom Pro are awesome in DCS.

Very much worth the price of admission.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

@huppel To contact JTAC use 'Playtime 20 minutes' etc. see ref. tables.

Thanks, did some tests and it works now! Did not know I could (should) skip the "checking in" part (used to work in the past, I always followed what is (currently) on page 41 of the manual where it is included, perhaps better to remove it there).

One more question: just using " 'recipient', options" to get the menu and then use "take x" to select an item from the list indeed does not work. Is this on purpose? I always thought it is a nice workaround if I did not know what to say and I thought it worked in the past.

Best Marcel

Exciting new stuff underway in next update (2.5.15) such as much-improved

MP server compatibility, new MP integrations for dynamic VC/SRS PTT,

a revised speech processing algorithm allowing faster speech with higher

recognition rates, revised AOCS function and numerous minor tweaks and fixes.

Stay tuned :pilotfly:

ETA?

Edited by fabio.dangelo