VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Same issue with AOCS here. Everything else works OK, but I only see the AOCS output in the VA window, without getting any audio.

I haven't used it in a while, so I don't know exactly when it stopped working, but it was working in the beginning.

Edited by Harker

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

On both the update and the hofix I cant seem to contact any tanker. I can say "Tanker options" and select the contact, but if I say "shell request rejoin" then it returns "flight rejoin" in the subtitles and the tanker doesn't prepare for refueling. I'm new to vaicom so I might be doing something wrong. I did get the radio manual programming to work though. I can contact my wingman just fine, and when I say it into Voice attack without DCS running is shows the correct contact (Shell)

-I'm no longer in game- but see the command is Aproaching for refuel - even though I'm sure it worked the other way before the update. I'll check again later when I can again.

I can guarantee to you 100% that before this update the command was indeed not "Request rejoin" but it already was "aproaching for refuel". I did find myself making this mistake just a few days ago, so I'm not sure if the command was changed at some point, or my memory was actualy referencing the DCS comms menu command, which is indeed "request rejoin", and if you have pilot voice on, you will your pilot say that regardless. But again this was not changed in this updade because I've been using Vaicom a lot before updade, and doind A2A refuel, and haven't had a chance to try the update yet. If this was indeed changed in the past (I think it's unlikely) it wasn't now.

Hello, I created a simple P51-mission in the Normandy map together with an AI wingman. The ATC does not respond, although I have the correct channel and the right frequency. Secondly, my commands to the wingman arrive with a 30-second delay. VAICOM recognizes the commands immediately. Any advice? Many thanks in advance!

Hi, i have two problems:

1. after latest update i have this error (in attachment) when opening editor tab and clicking on Finish button? How to fix?

2. i dont use instant select radio, but use Select tunes radio, and i have easy comms off - when i say select tanker, or select stennis, nothing happens - i tried using com1 and com2 tx buttons, and also ICS tx button but all the same..How can i get jester to tunes radio on select stennis command? Do i have to press only ICS TX button or if other - which one of TX buttons ? I tried all but it doesnt work

2a.For example "link host stennis" works all the time

3.How to install hotfix?

I've never used the "Select" command, so I can't be much help, but unlike "Link Host" that's not a Jester (AIRIO) command, even though it apperar on AIRIO Radio Section commands, as a reminder I supose. Maybe because of that their inner workings are somewhat diferent.

Stupid question. How do I update to the hot fix?

I had to open and close Voice Attack three or four times before I got the update, it then downloaded and installed no problem.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I can guarantee to you 100% that before this update the command was indeed not "Request rejoin" but it already was "aproaching for refuel". I did find myself making this mistake just a few days ago, so I'm not sure if the command was changed at some point, or my memory was actualy referencing the DCS comms menu command, which is indeed "request rejoin", and if you have pilot voice on, you will your pilot say that regardless. But again this was not changed in this updade because I've been using Vaicom a lot before updade, and doind A2A refuel, and haven't had a chance to try the update yet. If this was indeed changed in the past (I think it's unlikely) it wasn't now.

It’s entirely possible I did this, as I have kept the subtitles on to begin with. I must have gotten confused between the text and audio.

so, this is soooo confusing

Use Export on the config page to find the VAICOM PRO

for DCS World.vap file containing the new commands in Radio Control category and copy them over

to your existing VA profile:

ok, so I have a vap file - now what. copy what ? what 'category' - this is terrible documentation by the way.

Like how do I 'copy over my existing profile' - how about instructions like 'goto this folder, find this file, copy it over' etc.. I already did a 702 command copy and paste, so what is this for ?

When i play Singleplayer nearly in every mission the DCS comms menu refused to show up at some point.

At the begining it show all options even in the air ("/"and radio transmit Button are working both to show the recipend) but it some point it regret to work.

When i go to Preferences in the Vaicom Pro options, select and unselect "Disable Menus"

it will pop up once.

Most time happening in missions with custom F10 options but in others too.

Tried different combinations of "ïmport F10 menu" "disable Menus" "allow Options" always same result.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am going to pile on to those struggling with the muted AOCS. It has been muted for me since the previous VAICOM version, I was hoping that this patch would fix it, but it is still muted. I have played around with all the settings there are and confirmed windows TTS functions normally and I have no other issues with sound redirect.

Additionally, this patch seems to have changed the way you interact with Jester and the radios in a negative way (at least for me).

My setup is as follows, a five way hat, with up, down, and right assigned to TX1+SRS PTT1, TX2+SRS PTT2, TX3+SRS ICS, respectively. Left is assigned to TX4 AUTO and TX5 ICS.

Prior to this patch, holding left I could say "Stennis select" and Jester would tune his radio to the Stennis frequency, I could also issue any AI commands to tanker, ground crew, ATC, regardless of which radio was tuned and it would all go through to the proper recipient.

Following this patch, the select command can only be used if I am pressing the TX node for the corresponding radio, but all other commands issued through ICS still work fine. So to get Stennis I have to press down and use the select command through that channel before issuing any commands via left button, which means I broadcast "Stennis select" on SRS, obviously not ideal.

I think it would make the most sense if commands issued to Jester (via TX5 ICS) for radio tuning all targeted his radio, the new behavior makes sense at least for the pilots radio since you are the one interacting with it, and I can get by just on the preset channels.

TL;DR: Select command no longer works through Jester via ICS

PS. Still love this program, keep up the good work.

@HeathenHedgehog what you are describing is normal Vaicom operation. Sounds like your issue is the TX mode of operation, you may now have "NORMAL" mode selected when you used to have one of the others. Maybe "INV"?

The reason you can't get Jester to respond to "select" command on ICS TX is because "select" is not an AIRIO function but a Vaicom default function, that is suposed to work exactly how you are describing: Pressing the TX of the Radio you want to tune to the recipients frequency and calling the "select" recipient command.

This obviously makes it not ideal for a multiplayer enviroment and one of the reasons I don't use it. Maybe we could get @Hollywood_315 to add this as an AIRIO command on some future update. ;) Along with the new channel select, that would be wonderfull!

@overalien I haven't been able to reproduce this so far but will see what we can dig up.

No redirect devices could be a hint, suggest to have Redirect off to test.

In VA options there is a 'Single TTS Instance' setting, suggest to try playing with it.

@all - thanks I will check the release delay thing.

It is good practice in general to hold PTT until the command is executed.

Still this will have changed slightly with the plugin now controlling listen states and it sounds like this may need some more tolerance.

Will be looked into.

I fixed the no-redirect drivers issue in DCS options - so that is working fine now. this made no difference to AOCS being muted - despite all redirects being disabled everywhere. various resets and re-installs also failed to help. tested the "single TTS Instance" option in VA. This also makes no difference. maybe we should collect some info on the others who have the same issue to see if we find some commonality. My HW specs are below in my sig, in addition i use the SteelSeries Arctis Pro Headphones. My problem started two updates ago, same as the other reports.

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Hmmm.. Ran the latest update, now VA won't recognise any commands. Followed all the new instructions, which was a pain in the arse, but no joy. Had to roll back to the previous version. Total sh1t show.

i7 10700k @4.8GHz | Aurora GTX 3080 | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Pro 1Tb x 3 | Corsair 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

HP Reverb G2 | Vkb Gunfighter II MCG Pro Stick | Virpil T-50CM Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Custom built collective | 150 button custom cockpit with 3 x Cougar MFDs

Ok now i have new problem - with crystal palace command...I set my freq to 284AM, and when i sys crsystal palace status, i get message in VA window that command is recognized, but there is no briefing at all? Do i have to place AWACS in mission with freq 284 AM for crystal palace status to work?

Edit:

I tried with and without added awacs on 284AM, but id still doesn't work..

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

@Hollywood_315

Thank you for another great update to a fantastic product and the revised manual - 72 pages of pure goodness - if only all manuals were written so well!

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

Huey Radio

Using Select for manual radio tuning.

Make sure the Radio Control commands are included in your profile (see page 5). For DCS modules that support this (not all do), you can use Select for manual radio tuning.

Is the Huey module supported or not? If not how can I use Vaicom Pro to tune the radio. Are there any commands available which I can import in or copy and paste?

Thank you for the update and fix which appear to be working fine for me and the tremendous support given.

Hi

after the latest update my Voiceattck keeps shutting down mid flight, happens pretty much everytime.

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.