VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Say, I get this WE real pimple from DCS and Perepherie ..

What is the logic behind VA / Vaicom? I learned the words "TACAN" "tune" and "Stennis" especially to the dictionary of Windows speech recognition. I have also had Win10's English language training run several times. Needless to say, I switched my entire system to English.

But when I say “TACAN tune Stennis” to Jester, he understands everything from “TACAN tune tennis” to “TACAN you and stennis” to !Attention!: “Tacan urine! Stennis ". (Note the English spelling!)

I understand that VA can have some problems with my Rhenish accent. But my English and American friends have never made me aware that I should have such a blanket in my mouth when I speak.

(Please report any translating issues promptly to google!)

I created an Alias in the Vaicom editor of 'Carrier' because it refused to recognise Stennis. Works a treat now (Tacan Tune Carrier)

Update is working fine for me also, the only thing is when I do a cold start and request ground power, etc. the ground crew response is inaudible. I exited out of VA and did a repair on DCS and the ground crew was audible. However, once I started VA then the problem reappears. Any ideas?

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

I created an Alias in the Vaicom editor of 'Carrier' because it refused to recognise Stennis. Works a treat now (Tacan Tune Carrier)

So in my case, would I have to use “urine” as an alias for “Tune”? My question was more about how VIACOM or Voice Attack evaluates what is spoken. It seems that it accepts everything impossible before it turns to the probable.

@Sofapiloz

Keywords training is key (pun alert).

Also you could just use the German recognition engine instead.

Dictionary translations are available: see link in first post of this thread.

@sSkullZnBoneZz

Switch REDIR to off on the Audio tab.

For redirecting of audio use the DCS audio settings.

Grtz

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

For unknown reasons, my DCS decided to stop using the DCS.openbeta folder in saved games and switch to just DCS after 2.5.6, fine, works for me. But VAICOM keeps using the open beta save game folder to place some files in.

I've manually copied over the files myself, but it's not something I want to keep doing.

How can I change this save game location in VAICOM? I only seem to find a place to switch the actual DCS install location.

/Nasder, "I came, I saw, I got shot down."

:thumbup:

Everything looking good on my end so far with 2.5.6.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I still have the freeze at 10%. I run repair and DCS loads, but not with VA. I have done full shut down and restart, repair and clen to DCS, still no joy; sorry!

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

THX Hollywood, works fine now!

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

Not me. No joy, DCS 2.5.6 keeps hanging at 10% when starting, even after the latest VAICOM update.

Have to repair and then don't use VC+VAICOM, otherwise it hangs again and needs to repair again as well.

Oh well. Going to wait untill things are more fleshed out, I'll use to comms menu for now.

Thanks for the fast work ! In VR , i can't fly without V Pro , and i just tested your update in 2.6 .

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Thanks for your quick work. I also had the audio redirect problem.

Unfortunately, by switching off the audio redirect, you get the chatter and JesterAI on the external speakers.

Is there a plan to remedy this?

Thanks

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Thanks for the fast work ! In VR , i can't fly without V Pro , and i just tested your update in 2.6 .

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

True that. Even though on my system VAICOM isn't working at the moment, I noticed I started talking anyway when using the radios, only to discover it won't work without VAICOM. :doh:

Okay folks version 2.5.16 is out, compatibility update for DCS 2.5.6 OB.

Let me know how it goes and thanks for your support :thumbup:

Hollywood

Thank you for the quick response as I have grown dependent on VAICOM for enjoying DCS World, especially with the F-14 Rio.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The on and off dialog issue disappeared with the update. For me the redirect is still reversed... setting to speakers in redirect goes to the rift s and setting to rift s goes to external speakers. I can give voice commands, but get no audible response from ground crew, or ATC, or anything for that matter. Ran a repair before the Viacom update and no more hangs at launch, but no idea how to fix the no audible response issue. Not running any addons.

No in game sound responses for me either. I can see there was responses recorded in the speech log window but no audio on any menu.

i7 7700 @ 4.7GHz--GTX1080ti--Samsung SSD 500GB--32 gigs of RAM--TH Warthog--Crosswinds rudder--HP Reverb--Dedicated Sim room.