VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

What worked for me was to delete the VAICOM export lua in Saved Games, do a lua Reset via the VAICOM utility, close VA, repair DCS, restart VA and DCS and after that it works fine for multiple starts.

I have no such file in any Vaicom folder in saved games.

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

I have no such file in any Vaicom folder in saved games.

NVM, found it

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

That did it for me as well.

Ok.. I have been investigating more about this 10% (I wish I could fly more instead of looking for errors). Of course I had 2.5.6 prior updating. I don't own the steam version.

What is restored in the repair option? These files:

DCS World (main folder)/Scripts/UI :

gameMessages.lua

and inside that another folder /RadioCommandDialogPanel : with 2 files

RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua

TabSheetBar.lua

Those 3 files are the ones restored from repair each time DCS is stuck in the 10%

I will stuck even without Voice attack + vaicom loaded.

BUT, to make it pass the 10% only one file is needed to be restored: gameMessages.lua

THAT ONE is the culprit of the 10% stuck in my case. Of course I restore the other 2 in the subfolder.. but I wanted to let you know to see if an error can be found.

I made 2 zip files with the files. the ones original (restored) and the ones modified by Vaicom.

Of course chaging the gameMessage.lua passes the 10% stuck point, but vaicom doesn't do anything in any command I say. And also, have to say that I removed all my Saved Games config files to let DCS build from scratch, AND not only reset the LUA in VAICOM, but all the options (not the licence one).

OriginalFilesLoadOK.zip

TenPercent_FilesModifiedVaicom.zip

Edited by Japo32

Now I have to read???

First off thanks for the quick response in getting the update done.

I'm having issues with hearing other comms (ATC, wingmen, etc). I had things setup to hear my comms in my headset. I get the VA beeps (static noise) when I issue a command and responses are correct - on screen messages only. I'm not receiving any voice from ATC or my wingman. I've experimented with a variety of settings both in game and VA but nothing works. I can disable the redirect settings but then all is through my main speakers not my headset like prior to the recent updates.

It seems like the comms coming in from DCS aren't playing when VA and redirect is active. I'd really like this to occur like before.

Hopefully this helps with future updates. Again love the product and the immersion it provides.

-Climber

I want to add more commands to VAICOM's profile that manage internal systems (radar, views, etc). That would only work while a certain key is pressed (i.e: the profile would work normally - making me use PTT for communications commands, but if I wanted to use internal systems, a separate key would have to be pressed for the command to be recognized. What is the best way to do it?

I'm on steam beta 2.5.6 also. I had the same problem with loading stopping at 10%. Then I did specify the steam dcs world directory on the config page and ticked the OB checkbox.

Now on loading vaicom finds first the steam install, places all the files there and in saved games/dcs, then proceeds to the specified OB path, which is the same, and overwrites all the file with the correct OB ones.

Then creates a saved games/dcs.openbeta directory and places the same file as in saved games/dcs previously.

It works for me now like that.

i9-9900K - 20080TI - Pimax 5K+

That did the trick! The only very minor issue is that the squelch noise and confirmation tones come out the speakers. Glad to be up and running. For VR Viacom pro is essential! Thanks for the great support.

Did you check the in-game audio settings? Had the TWR replies coming out of my monitor speakers before I switched that in the GUI.

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

I want to add more commands to VAICOM's profile that manage internal systems (radar, views, etc). That would only work while a certain key is pressed (i.e: the profile would work normally - making me use PTT for communications commands, but if I wanted to use internal systems, a separate key would have to be pressed for the command to be recognized. What is the best way to do it?

Andy, if I have understood you correctly, you wish to use your voice to replace the key stroke for certain systems? I use my voice for a number of systems and it’s really simple to set up. Go to edit profile, choose create ‘new command’ which opens the edit window. Type in the command you want where it says ‘when I say’ and make sure the box next to this is ticked. Then go further down this window to the ‘key press’ box, choose this and another widow opens representing the key stokes you make. Press the keyboard key stroke(s) associated with the operation you want to voice activate. When done ‘Apply’ this to the profile and it gets added to the profile. You should be good to go.

i7 7700 @ 4.7GHz--GTX1080ti--Samsung SSD 500GB--32 gigs of RAM--TH Warthog--Crosswinds rudder--HP Reverb--Dedicated Sim room.

The Cleanest way to do it is making a separate profile with those commands and append (piggyback) that profile onto the Vaicom profile. You can also add the commands onto Vaicom profile. Either way to use those commands use TX6.

Edit: Didn't see Waistcat response before mine, you can also do that. But since TX6 is already on Vaicom for that very reason you don't have to.

Edited by lxsapper

@Hollywood_315 Ok.. more informartion to add about the 10%

As said the gameMessages.lua inside DCS main folder/system/UI is the culprit of the hang at 10%... but if I split the lines I realized that this is the line that stuck all at 10%

local Lenta = require('lentaMessages')

if I remove that line everything loads correctly BUT I cannot make Vaicom work in DCS.

Thanks.

Japo - that was the issue before the patch by Hollywood. My gameMessages.lua file is in scripts/ui and doesn't have the Lenta line in anymore

Sounds like you still have the old version of Vaicom

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hollywood, thanks mate,

Audio resumed -

Redir to off.

DCS Audio - main audio out to speakers - headphones set to my headset.

Happy days.

Waistcat.

i7 7700 @ 4.7GHz--GTX1080ti--Samsung SSD 500GB--32 gigs of RAM--TH Warthog--Crosswinds rudder--HP Reverb--Dedicated Sim room.

I have the new version of vaicom. Updated by itself. Unless there is something wrong in the update process:

in about tab it shows © 2020 version 2.5.16.0(release)

Japo - I have PMed you about this

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Ok.. I copied your gameMesseges.lua that was different than mine (thanks for sending!). Why? I suppose to have the latest version of Vaicom auto-updated to 2.5.6.

That file passes the 10% but don't work vaicom inside DCS. No voice input is a command for communication.

and repeat... before last Friday all was working great.

attach his gameMesseges.lua

gameMessages.zip

Japo,

It sounds like Vaicom hasn't updated properly, might be worth trying deleting and reinstalling

Ohhh come on! it was working great last update.. Do I have to remove and install and put all configurations with all my language back again?

I am not the only one with this issue.

Thanks.. but for now I preffer to way to see if there is a bug around...

I have acronis, and went back to previous version to see if the update was wrong. It jumped again the advise to update and I did it as many other times. In both situations I have the 10% problem (plus other people)... but my version is said:

© 2020 version 2.5.16.0(release)

and I have reset several times the lua and all the stuff from the reset area of vaicom.

Edited by Japo32

One final piece to the puzzle, for the users that are still having comm issues with Viacom working in DCS once they install the updated version of Viacom, if you are using a version of the Additional USA Logbooks for DCS World (USN, USMC and USAF) from Home Fries then you will need to disable that mod until it is updated for the current version of DCS, he stated that he will update it in the next few weeks. Once I removed this mod from my OvGME mod list I was able to restore my comms to include responses from ATC, Tankers ...etc , etc (you may or may not have to perform a DCS repair to restore comms)

@Japo32....if it makes you feel any better...I'm in exactly the same spot as you.

If all the other Steam users have had no problems, then there may be a reason why our VAICOM is corrupted. Did you go through the same sequence below as I did?

a. I was on Steam 2.5.5, that was when the DCS patch was yanked from Steam.

b. I played DCS on that 2.5.5, and before I did so, I launched VAICOM as normal. The VAICOM update came in. I continued to play DCS 2.5.5 with no problems on VAICOM.

c. Couple days later, the Steam 2.5.6 came out.

d. And that's when I got all the 10% freezes with VAICOM, and smooth running of 2.5.6 if I verified my files and don't launch VAICOM.

I am suspecting our VAICOM got corrupted because it came in before the Steam patch. I have no evidence, though.