VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Thanks for the update. I can report that by setting my audio redirect in DCS, and by turning audio redirect ON in VAICOM PRO (and choosing the Rift S as the device), chatter has now been directed to the Rift S.

Unfortunately, Jester still plays through the speakers, but I suppose I'll have to imagine he's shouting at me in the cockpit. :)

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Thanks for the update. I can report that by setting my audio redirect in DCS, and by turning audio redirect ON in VAICOM PRO (and choosing the Rift S as the device), chatter has now been directed to the Rift S.

Unfortunately, Jester still plays through the speakers, but I suppose I'll have to imagine he's shouting at me in the cockpit. :)

This might be a stupid sugestion as I have no Idea how the RiftS audio works. But why not make RiftS audio your default audio output (when you are using it) and redirect in DCS whatever sound you may want in your speakers (aircraft sounds etc)? Admitidely from someone who knows nothing of the RiftS (but I do have a VIVE) sounds like that should do the trick, SRS/VA and other software should be played on the dafault audio device (RiftS in that case) and your speakers could play whatever you redirected to them in DCS.

Well the problem with that is that if I make the Rift the default audio device in Windows I would have to change it every time I launched and quit DCS.

That said, I don't know if your idea would work. I suspect that Jester is being treated by DCS as an external sound, which if true, would mean your idea wouldn't work anyway. I'll give it a try.

Right now I'm trying to figure out why using TX6 won't make my cockpit commands work. Things like the flashlight will activate if using TX1-5, but not with 6.

EDIT: I should clarify... using TX6 when not in DCS, the keystrokes my commands issue do work (using a keyboard tester program). The commands won't get issued INSIDE DCS.

Edited by RogueSqdn

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

If the RiftS is anything like the VIVE (or other sound devices) when you disconect it, the device you had as Default before it, will take back over, and when you connect your riftS it will take preference again. Not sure if that helps or not...

As for the TX6 not sure what to tell you... what TX mode are you using? Altough if 1-5 are working, no idea why 6 it's not...

Ok buddy, thanks to your hint I am able to make dcs 2.5.6 running along Vaicom Pro but the mod cannot see my F/A-18C so the PTT tab reaminds with #4 dashes and the Easy Communication:ON below them. How come?

I'm an F-18 driver as well. Make sure the OB box is checked in Vaiccom config custom dcs path, turn off the redirect, then go to dcs audio and set up in the headphone/default settings. You may have to do a repair, but it should take care of it all.

Thanks Wolf333, unfortunately It did not work. I reinstalled DCS open beta naming the folder as suggested by the installer and everything works fine now. As it's used to be before 2.5.6.

If the RiftS is anything like the VIVE (or other sound devices) when you disconect it, the device you had as Default before it, will take back over, and when you connect your riftS it will take preference again. Not sure if that helps or not...

As for the TX6 not sure what to tell you... what TX mode are you using? Altough if 1-5 are working, no idea why 6 it's not...

I leave my Rift S connected all the time. Disconnecting would be a hassle.

I never used TX6 before, but decided I wanted to so it wouldn’t interfere with voice comms. It’s frustrating that it won’t work inside DCS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Something funny I just discovered by accident... Jester works on TX6 and 5. I could use TX5 for cockpit commands and 6 for Jester, I suppose.

I’d still like to figure out why it won’t work as it’s supposed to. Right now it looks to me as if 5 and 6 are reversed.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. I just figured out why it won't work in DCS. It's because for TX6 I'm using the inward press of the Winwing comm switch, which is also my shift modifier. So for any command I want to use, I'll have to duplicate it in the DCS keyboard commands with the modifier added.

Edited by RogueSqdn

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Need another set of eyes. Did a complete fresh install of everything when 2.5.6 came out. I deleted literally everything dcs, srs, va, via. have everything up and running but for some reason anytime VA/Viacom loaded and running I can not hear any responses on radio calls from AI. Tanker, atc, jtac ect..... I hear my voice but not theres. (My comms are fine). Soon as I exit even in game I hear it again.

Only sound input/output i even have enabled is my steel series artic pro & game dac and its set as default throughout all programs.

Need another set of eyes. Did a complete fresh install of everything when 2.5.6 came out. I deleted literally everything dcs, srs, va, via. have everything up and running but for some reason anytime VA/Viacom loaded and running I can not hear any responses on radio calls from AI. Tanker, atc, jtac ect..... I hear my voice but not theres. (My comms are fine). Soon as I exit even in game I hear it again.

Only sound input/output i even have enabled is my steel series artic pro & game dac and its set as default throughout all programs.

Audio redirect in Vaicom?

Knock it Off suspends Jester (use Back to Work for resume).

Cut it Out only stops him playing the Walkman...:D

Grtz

Ok..i tried it and i get response from jester that he ackowledges suspend command..But what is suspend used for and how can i check whats different - what exactly is suspended and why dont i see jester wheel?

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

You don't get the Jester wheel with AIRIO atm. The suspend command is a function of the Jester wheel, can't remember what's it's called exactly. It stops jester completly from doing anything. He won't press any buttons, nothing, it will be like he wasn't there. It useful for example if you want to jump back and forth between both cockpits without having Jester do things on his own or change what you,be done. Say you want to do a complete full start of both pits and jump back and forth. If you don't suspend Jester, even if you don't tell him to start up he will still start doing things at one point depending on the state of the jet.

This was actually something that Vaicom users asked Hollywood to add to AIRIO that we were missing from the Jester wheel. So thank you again Hollywood!

Ok..i tried it and i get response from jester that he ackowledges suspend command..But what is suspend used for and how can i check whats different - what exactly is suspended and why dont i see jester wheel?

Jester suspend stops Jester not just from talking, but from interacting with the jet at all.

This is required in situations where the player wants to do RIO activities in single player. This is because Jester will manipulate sensor and system controls autonomously while the player is in the front seat, even when he's not been asked to do anything.

The result is the player fighting with Jester over switch settings while they are in the front seat, even momentarily. This is particularly noticeable during startup, and is incredibly unhelpful given that Iceman has no capability to start the jet, and the player must perform both roles, even if they only actually interested in the back seat cold start.

Until this update, there was no AIRIO equivalent for Jester Suspend, so the only way to access the command was to disable AIRIO and use the wheel.

I have a problem with VoiceAttack. As soon as I activate the VaicomPro addon, ingame ( F-18 ) always pops up Com1. everything on standard. If I close VA, everything is normal. It's like you always press mic switch 1.

I bought it this morning and have been trying to get it to work for hours.

I'm very grateful for help

Since my English is not so good, the instructions are not very helpful for me

THX !

Edited by LtSpoon

AMD 7800X3D | Asus TUF Gaming X670E Plus | Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 64GB @6000MHz| NVIDIA 4090 FE | DCS only @ M.2 WD SN850X 1TB | Quest 3 & Virtual Desktop | TM Warthog | TM Pedals | | My F-18 Rogers SimPit

I am currently on version 2.5.16.

I see there is a version 2.5.17 on the website.

I am used to Vaicom normally updating itself when launched if there is an update?

Do I need to uninstall 2.5.16, download and install 2.5.17 fresh or what?

Edit: Never mind spoke too soon, launched Voice Attack again for about the 4th time and this time got an update prompt for Vaicom 2.5.17.

:doh:

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Start VA/Vaicom pro, start DCS, open a mission and I do not have any planes available. Repair DCS and get the following cleanup files:

Scripts/Speech/common.lua

Scripts/Speech/speech.lua

after the repair, DCS and missions work fine unless I start VA/Vaicom Pro which causes the same issue.

Any help is appreciated.

Hello again @Hollywood_315

Here's my initial findings regarding the new options for SRS Integration:

As I stated before I'm really glad for new the functionality, it's definitly the move in the right direction. I thought I would never have use for integration and you made me change my mind.

However, and be mindfull that this was after a very basic test of flying alone, issuing AI commands and monotoring SRS states. There are a few things I would like to see changed/added for this to become really an option for me. At present it's certainly usable (for me) but there are things that would make it more friendly/less clunky to use.

1 - All the options regarding dynamic switching are an absolute must for me, you were absolutly bang on when you thought of them. I check all the boxes for them, the only I could probably leave out after a while is the Sound Notification, which is still a must have as an option I think.

2 - At present "Hold AI transmition" works with every TX, I suppose this was easier to implement because of all TX modes supported by VAICOM, but I would like the option to leave some of them out. Using Normal TX mode there is no reason to have it on TX4-6. Even on TX5 for Intercom (at least with present DCS aircraft) I will either have a human or an AI listening on Intercom. Maybe not strictly true since you can speak to Ground crew on Intercom, so maybe have this as an option. In any case the delay on this TXs me feel uncomfortable for my personal use.

3 - A behavior base on what was initial in integration, I believe the plugin would take into account AI vs Human recipients on tuned frequency, would still be useful. There is no need and it's even an inconvenience on having to say "Switch" every-time I want to talk to a Human, even on frequencies that have no AI recipient on it. An alternative, or even better yet an optional increment to this, would be able to select a TX/Radio to exclude from SRS Inhibit altogether. My group and I believe most groups that fly with somewhat real procedures, use a frequency just for own flight or package, there will never be an AI to talk to on that frequency for us.

So that's my opinion thus far, I'll try make a full flight with humans latter on, and if I find anything new or change my opinion on anything I'll let you know.

Start VA/Vaicom pro, start DCS, open a mission and I do not have any planes available. Repair DCS and get the following cleanup files:

Scripts/Speech/common.lua

Scripts/Speech/speech.lua

after the repair, DCS and missions work fine unless I start VA/Vaicom Pro which causes the same issue.

Any help is appreciated.

Most likely you are using incompatible Vaicom/DCS versions at this point. Check newest Vaicom Manual on page 4 for incompatibilities. And check DCS and VAICOM version.

I have a problem with VoiceAttack. As soon as I activate the VaicomPro addon, ingame ( F-18 ) always pops up Com1. everything on standard. If I close VA, everything is normal. It's like you always press mic switch 1.

THX !

Could you clarify pop up? In any case in I'm not sure from your description, but first of all in order for Vaicom to work correctly you must launch VoiceAttack before starting DCS.

@Hollywood_315

Found a bug with the Plugin "Select Channel **" command. It won't put the radio back on Preset mode. If you are on Preset and use AIRIO "Tune Radio ***.***" or Vaicom "Select AM/FM ***.***" it will switch to manual mode. But the reverse is not true, the Channel is actually selected but the radio will remain on manual Mode.

There's also some strange Buggy Behavior with "Select Channel **" with the F-18, because it will change the frequency of whatever channel you are on, but it won't actually change the channel. If you use Manual tuning with the F-18 "Select AM/FM ***.***" it will change the channel to "M" mode with the frequency you have selected, using "Select Channel **" will also not return you to a preset channel on the F-18.

Personally I'm only interested in this commands for the F-14 for the ARC-182, still this is what I found.

@lxapper Thanks mate for the generous feedback.

All the options regarding dynamic switching are an absolute must for me, you were absolutly bang on when you thought of them

Awesome, good to hear :thumbup:

I would like the option to leave some of them out

This will require some thought, will see what approach we can take there

inconvenience on having to say "Switch" every-time I want to talk to a Human, even on frequencies that have no AI recipient on it.

Good point. To make this more smooth, AI detection in order to have immediate VoIP switching on human-only channels will be in the next update.

It won't put the radio back on Preset mode

Yes this is known, not all module radios play nice with everything, e.g. Hornet.

Hence the "for compatible radios" disclaimer for Radio Control features.

Again thanks for the feedback. Inviting other users to check out the updated dynamic SRS integration and share their thoughts as well.

Grtz

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

THX !

solved > DCS Custom Path

AMD 7800X3D | Asus TUF Gaming X670E Plus | Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 64GB @6000MHz| NVIDIA 4090 FE | DCS only @ M.2 WD SN850X 1TB | Quest 3 & Virtual Desktop | TM Warthog | TM Pedals | | My F-18 Rogers SimPit