VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

One other thing: when I click "finish" I get a message "There was a problem during file export-OPenClipboard Failed (Expection from HRESULT: 0x800401D0 (CLIPBRD_E_CANT_OPEN))"

Seems to be a code issue rather depending on framework versions, guessing (but only guessing) from:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12769264/openclipboard-failed-when-copy-pasting-data-from-wpf-datagrid

@Hollywood_315

Found a bug with the Plugin "Select Channel **" command. It won't put the radio back on Preset mode. If you are on Preset and use AIRIO "Tune Radio ***.***" or Vaicom "Select AM/FM ***.***" it will switch to manual mode. But the reverse is not true, the Channel is actually selected but the radio will remain on manual Mode.

There's also some strange Buggy Behavior with "Select Channel **" with the F-18, because it will change the frequency of whatever channel you are on, but it won't actually change the channel. If you use Manual tuning with the F-18 "Select AM/FM ***.***" it will change the channel to "M" mode with the frequency you have selected, using "Select Channel **" will also not return you to a preset channel on the F-18.

Personally I'm only interested in this commands for the F-14 for the ARC-182, still this is what I found.

Experiencing something similar. I change the frequency to destination airfield, but the radio changes to M and radios my departed airfield. In F-18 also.

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

I can’t seem to find this answer, can someone please help?

What does Viacom do for me, that voice attack doesn’t already if I set up a profile?

Is it just a VA profile? Or does it have extra stuff like extra sounds or something?

Not trying to belittle what it is, just trying to understand.

How does it compare to baileys profiles?

Ryzen 5 3600 | 5700 XT | 32gb | NVME

Hi anyone getting this issue and how to fix. Thanks

7:41:25 AM - Problems were reported during initialization. at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object )

at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute1[T0,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0)

at VAICOM.FileManager.FileHandler.Root.CheckProfileContent(Boolean silent)

at VAICOM.Client.DcsClient.Initialize(Object vaProxy)

I can’t seem to find this answer, can someone please help?

What does Viacom do for me, that voice attack doesn’t already if I set up a profile?

Is it just a VA profile? Or does it have extra stuff like extra sounds or something?

Not trying to belittle what it is, just trying to understand.

How does it compare to baileys profiles?

Have you had a read throughout the Vaicom website?

https://www.vaicompro.com/

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

For example, with Vaicom, if you want to use comms, you don't have say: "comms", Option 1...Option n...

You say:

Texaco 1, approaching for refuel

Texaco 1, ready pre-contact

VAICOM, due to its integration with DCS knows all the objects in mission and routes your comms to the right place. You can even get by by saying

Nearest tanker or just "ready pre-contact" without any mention of who you are talking to, and vaicom will send it to the right recipient.

I bought voice attack & Vaicom Pro some time ago & had trouble getting it to work so gave up on it. Well Im back at it again but with determination & still having problems. After reading the whole manual, confirming my settings & googling till my eyes bleed I am hoping someone might have a guess what the issue is.

I'm guessing its not recognizing DCS? As you can see from the image below it doesnt show what aircraft I am in & also says there is no one on the channel. If I use the F menu it works fine to connect to the tanker.

Anyone have any insights or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

2020-03-01_0-10-34.png

Core i9-9900KS 5.0GHz | RTX 2080TI | 64GB DDR4 SDRAM at 3200Mhz | 2TB Western NVMe SSD | 4TB Western HDD | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 10 PRO 64 bit

Hey Hollywood,

Encountered an error today, not sure where it resides, but after upgrading to 2.5.17.0 (release), I get a stutter in DCS about every minute, that seem to gradually get worse, started at just a fliker and after about 10 minutes the stutter is up to about a full second.

Normally I would never have even considered VAICOM being the culprit, except that I was recording a track to make a video. When I replayed the track, I noticed that the radio menu popped up in the track at pretty much exactly where I encountered my first stutter, then disappeared when I'd encountered the second stutter and this continued for the 10-minute flight. This was after I'd shut down Voice Attack and was recording the track... I never saw the radio menu's when I was flying the mission itself

I flew the same mission again after noticing this, without Voice Attack and VAICOM enabled and did not get any stuttering.

DCS Open Beta 2.5.6.43931.

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Hollywood,

Encountered an error today, not sure where it resides, but after upgrading to 2.5.17.0 (release), I get a stutter in DCS about every minute, that seem to gradually get worse, started at just a fliker and after about 10 minutes the stutter is up to about a full second.

Normally I would never have even considered VAICOM being the culprit, except that I was recording a track to make a video. When I replayed the track, I noticed that the radio menu popped up in the track at pretty much exactly where I encountered my first stutter, then disappeared when I'd encountered the second stutter and this continued for the 10-minute flight. This was after I'd shut down Voice Attack and was recording the track...

I flew the same mission again after noticing this, without Voice Attack and VAICOM enabled and did not get any stuttering.

DCS Open Beta 2.5.6.43931.

Try a reset to your lua code.

I bought voice attack & Vaicom Pro some time ago & had trouble getting it to work so gave up on it. Well Im back at it again but with determination & still having problems. After reading the whole manual, confirming my settings & googling till my eyes bleed I am hoping someone might have a guess what the issue is.

I'm guessing its not recognizing DCS? As you can see from the image below it doesnt show what aircraft I am in & also says there is no one on the channel. If I use the F menu it works fine to connect to the tanker.

Anyone have any insights or suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Hard to say when you say you've been torough in your search. I've seen something similar after the 2.5.6 update but I was doing a lot of experimenting, can't remember exactly what I did.

But to any one still having problems with Vaicom not working correctly I'd do this:

1- verify the versions of Vaicom Vs DCS as per page 4 of latest Vaicom's manual.

2-run Voice attack go to Vaicom configuration make sure O.B is set as required for your case and that custom path as well. Exit VA.

3-run a DCS repair.

4-goto your DSC/DCS.openbeta savegames folder go to scripts delete Vaicom folder inside that and eighter delete your export.lua or edit it (if you have other things that have added entries to it) and delete the Vaicom entries.

5-enter VA then exit and restart Voice attack

6-only restart DCS now

Edited by lxsapper

re. the 'OB' check box

This is surely a temporary workaround than a fix right?

The effect of doing it simply creates a parallel folder DCS.openbeta alongside the DCS folder(if that's what your particular setup conisists of), so DCS effectively just 'carries on as normal' because the export.lua DCS is looking at doesn't change.

Before DCS 2.5.6 I never had to have the ob box checked, that's the only material change i have made to continue using the plugin.

Just saying and if that's not correct someone who knows for sure please say so.

T

re. the 'OB' check box

This is surely a temporary workaround than a fix right?

The effect of doing it simply creates a parallel folder DCS.openbeta alongside the DCS folder(if that's what your particular setup conisists of), so DCS effectively just 'carries on as normal' because the export.lua DCS is looking at doesn't change.

Before DCS 2.5.6 I never had to have the ob box checked, that's the only material change i have made to continue using the plugin.

Just saying and if that's not correct someone who knows for sure please say so.

T

So did that work for you or not?

You were are actually supposed to check that box if you were running Open Beta(unless you were on STEAM). It's how the plugin knows if it should install .lua modifications for Release or Open Beta. I say you were lucky in the past because in the last few months there were no significant difference in structure from Release and Open Beta. That of course changed a lot with 2.5.6.

Just turned on vspx... Duhhhh... Omg what a difference!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

So did that work for you or not?

You were are actually supposed to check that box if you were running Open Beta(unless you were on STEAM). It's how the plugin knows if it should install .lua modifications for Release or Open Beta. I say you were lucky in the past because in the last few months there were no significant difference in structure from Release and Open Beta. That of course changed a lot with 2.5.6.

yup all working, note that i did have to do a DCS repair obviously to fix DCS, and the reset lua code after checking the ob box.

yup all working, note that i did have to do a DCS repair obviously to fix DCS, and the reset lua code after checking the ob box.

Rgr that, The whole steps shouldn't be needed by everyone. I just included them because according to my knowledge, if you do all of that it should clear any problems you have regarding your VAICOM/DCS installation and get you running. But yes, not all steps are necessary for everyone.

Cheers all

@stuartaston :thumbup:

@Wolf333 http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4230511&postcount=4355

@chrisgrind VoiceAttack by itself is not equipped to work with a complex combat flight sim like DCS World. All that vanilla VA can do is send keypresses. That's fine if you want to flip a switch (there are plenty of profiles for that), but useless for realistic communications. Basic VA has no awareness of DCS' dynamic mission environment state which is essential for AI comms. You can mess around with creating your own commands but once you get serious you'll soon find that sending some virtual keypresses simply doesn't cut it. E.g. menu contents keep shifting of which VA has no idea, etc. This gets messy very rapidly and cannot be resolved. In short, for realistic radio comms in DCS you need a dedicated plugin based on advanced IP socket integration which bypasses things like keypresses and the menu system altogether.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Hollywood. As I reported previously, TX6 is not available in the P-51 or F-5 when the PTT rotary switch is set to NORMAL. See screenshots attached. Perhaps this is as it should be, but if so I don't understand. Shouldn't I have a separate PTT for "Aux" even if the module only has one PTT button? That would let me give commands like "Select" and "Options" without using the same PTT that I use for communications with AI units or voice communications with other players. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, and perhaps I should be using a different setting. I find the explanations in the manual of NORMAL vs. MULTI vs. SINGLE vs. INVERSE ptt modes to be pretty confusing. Some examples would be helpful.

TX6 should always be available for all modules: we'll have a look to see

if something can be reproduced with the F5/P51.

EDIT: tested, TX6 available with both.

Capture.PNG.3def572604662137aabb26f2b0c1bc0d.PNG

Capture2.PNG.3ba9ce21bc42aca8142acdf7be25a231.PNG

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

@all

To repeat for clarity, perhaps superfluously

Plugin 2.5.16 is confirmed to work 100% OK with both DCS versions.

-2.5.5 Release.

-2.5.6 Open Beta.

No additional plugin patches or updates will be issued atm.

After an update, for a normal automated install no action is required other than restart of VA and DCS.

If you need to reset your lua :refer to post #1/#2 and/or FAQ page.

After DCS Repair confirm VA runs as admin, disable mods, and delete export.lua from Saved Games.

For STEAM use Custom Path and check OB for Open Beta, don't check for Release.

Restart VA before starting DCS.

Grtz

Tried and tried again and this just won't work.

Each time repair removes the same two files. speech.lua & common.lua

Latest version of DCS open Beta, Open Beta check box selected, latest version of voice attack latest version of VAICOM

For example, with Vaicom, if you want to use comms, you don't have say: "comms", Option 1...Option n...

You say:

Texaco 1, approaching for refuel

Texaco 1, ready pre-contact

VAICOM, due to its integration with DCS knows all the objects in mission and routes your comms to the right place. You can even get by by saying

Nearest tanker or just "ready pre-contact" without any mention of who you are talking to, and vaicom will send it to the right recipient.

thanks

Ryzen 5 3600 | 5700 XT | 32gb | NVME

Hollywood. As I reported previously, TX6 is not available in the P-51 or F-5 when the PTT rotary switch is set to NORMAL. See screenshots attached. Perhaps this is as it should be, but if so I don't understand. Shouldn't I have a separate PTT for "Aux" even if the module only has one PTT button? That would let me give commands like "Select" and "Options" without using the same PTT that I use for communications with AI units or voice communications with other players. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, and perhaps I should be using a different setting. I find the explanations in the manual of NORMAL vs. MULTI vs. SINGLE vs. INVERSE ptt modes to be pretty confusing. Some examples would be helpful.

Hello @sthompson

I can't be sure from memory but I think it's normal that you don't see TX6 available to in those images. I think only TXs associated with radios will show as available. But TX6 can't use "options" in normal mode and can't use "select" on any.

In normal mode to use options you still have to key the radio you wish to transmit on.

And "select" by it's very nature requires you to key the radio you want to tune. Even the if your aircraft only has 1 radio. If you don't want other players to listen in on that try integration, becoming a very interesting option IMO.

I'll try to further explain the TXs mode within my knowledge, even though I think the manual covers it reasonably well.

Normal mode is well... Normal. TX1, 2 and 3 will each transmit on a radio and only in that radio.

Multi is for allowing you to use multiple PTTs in aircraft that have multiple radios and one PTT. i.e. the KA-50 and the Huey, in normal mode they will only have TX1 mapped, and to talk on the other radios you have to turn an in DCS cockpit knob. Multi allows you to bypass this by always having each radio mapped to one TX, just like normal mode, but regardless of aircraft.

Single is like an auto mode. You can select whatever TX6 you want and regardless of what radio your intended recipient is. If you have their frequency tunned in one of your radios they will get the message, the plugin recognizes it and knows where it needs to send it to. A bit like easy Comms except you still have to tune your radios to the frequency of who you want to talk to.

Inverse is like Single but instead of selecting a TX to use, you can use any and all of them.

Hope this helps

I have an issue............my VR HMD is an Index the built Mic is what I want to use for Va in DCS, but when I go into config its not seeing the Index at all in the dropdown it has every sound device but the index

This is with steamvr running, any ideas would be greatly appreciated