VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Does Vaicom support hot mic yet? I bought it but haven't started using it because I've been using Voiceattack for all my aircraft function commands so far... Is there a way to get it to differentiate Vaicom commands via PTT from normal spoken (aircraft function) commands without having to use a PTT button?

This is not a function of Vaicom, but yes you can do it with VoiceAttack and there is more than one way to set it up.

This is not a function of Vaicom, but yes you can do it with VoiceAttack and there is more than one way to set it up.

When can I support Chinese, or is there any way to identify my own dialect, because of the non-native language relationship, the recognition rate is really too low

Issue 2 is the same as mine from a previous post, I’m glad it’s not just me, but would like to find a solution for both of us.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Cheers

Got it sorted out. Vaicom has lost the path to my DCS World folder. Start Vaiocom, press strg+alt+c for Setup-Window, go to "Config" and set correct path at "use costum DCS path".

Or watch the video:

It seems like that also solved my starting problem somehow.

Hope it helps you too...

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

I still having some major problems with DCS 2.5.6 and Voice attack...

I am using latest version of Voice attack, Vaicom pro and DCS open beta.

1st problem:

My loading screen of DCS stucks at 10%. I always have to repair the installation of DCS and then getting the message, that "common.lua" and "speech.lua" are not the original version of the files (I know, that Voice attack is changing those files).

After repairing the installation, DCS is running with Voice attack. But I have to repair DCS always, before starting it new.

2nd problem:

Voice attack does recognize my phrases, e.g. "ATC, request take off" or "Flight, engage bandits". But nothing happens afterwards. Reading the log of VA, it tells me, that no recipient has been found...!? I am using easy comms in DCS and VA. I never had such problems before.

Does anyone have a clue, how to solve the above mentioned problems?

Many thanks in advance!

Issue 1 should have been cured by installing the latest release of Vaicom, the previous release showed exactly the symptoms you describe on version 2.5.6 . Suggest you check you are on the latest version.

Issue 2 I had this after update. The Vaicom entry in export.lua (Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/scripts/export.lua) had moved to first line within the file. DCS doesn't seem to like this, no idea why. I moved it to 2nd position using notepad++ editor and started working ok.

(so my export.lua contains in this order

Tacview

vaicom

srs)

MAy or may not help you, but worked for me

Can you give me a hint on how to start going about this? I asked the author awhile ago about it and he said maybe he'd implement it in the future.

Can you give me a hint on how to start going about this? I asked the author awhile ago about it and he said maybe he'd implement it in the future.

So if I understand you correctly, you want to use Vaicom normally and then add your own commands to control DCS, cockpit functions, etc. And have those commands on a open mic setting, correct?

If that's the case add the new commands to either Vaicom profile or make a new profile and append it to Vaicom profile.

Then in each of those commands you are going to add in the "when I say this command execute" section:

1- Voice attack function- start listening

2- whatever you want executed, key presses etc.

3- Voice attack function- stop listening

So we can conclude that in really VA is always listening... Anyways it works.

Is there a workaround for AIRIO navigation points on multiplayer servers with map markers already placed?

I created a map marker but was unable to get Jester to enter it. Hollywood mentioned a revamp in the most recent update but I'm not aware of what if anything has changed.

Also, is there a way to et Jester to tune radio channels (presets) instead of static frequencies?

No, as there is no command for that in DCS.

1- If you are trying to use F10 Menu commands you have to let Vaicom import them then add them to your profile, with the finish button on Vaicom's editor tab. Then each command is precceded with the word "action", other than that I can't be of much help I've never dabbled much into using Vaicom for F10 menu items. I just use the "Options" command for that.

Thank you for the detailed resonse!

I am still a little dense on this. I have the import F10 menu checked, is that what you mean?

Is it possible to program it so I can say "Uzi 1, check in" and it activates the f10 combo?

Thank you for the detailed resonse!

I am still a little dense on this. I have the import F10 menu checked, is that what you mean?

Is it possible to program it so I can say "Uzi 1, check in" and it activates the f10 combo?

You must have that set initialy yes. You may turn it off later on if you always fly on the same server missions with the same F10 menu. But the you must go into the editor and click "finish" and follow the steps to add those commands to the profile. Read the Vaicom manual on the keyword editor if you need clarification on how to do this. As for editing the keywords for the F10 menu you'll have to have a look yourself, as I said I never dabbled into this.

Looking for some help on moving a profile with both my default and custom commands from my old computer to my new one. I think I have tried the obvious of export and import but my custom commands never show up on the new computer.

Thanks in advance

STGChamby

Figured it out.

DCS OB 2.5.6 latest, just updated VAICOM PRO 2.5.17, DCS still stuck at loading 10%.

Repair:

Scripts/Speech/common.lua

Scripts/Speech/speech.lua

After the repair, DCS and missions work fine unless I start VA/VAICOM PRO which causes the same issue.

Getting frustrating having to use the comms menu in VR.

Edited by dawgie79

How do you make this work if you have 2 installations of DCS? I have the steam version on D: and the standalone on C:

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

请Hello, Keyword Collections, I can achieve Chinese speech recognition by changing the corresponding Chinese. I ca n’t change select [AM / FM] to Chinese localization now. I have n’t been able to recognize it after trying Radio Control. Because I don't know how Radio Control works? Excuse me, my English is through translation software.

DCS OB 2.5.6 latest, just updated VAICOM PRO 2.5.17, DCS still stuck at loading 10%.

Repair:

Scripts/Speech/common.lua

Scripts/Speech/speech.lua

After the repair, DCS and missions work fine unless I start VA/VAICOM PRO which causes the same issue.

Getting frustrating having to use the comms menu in VR.

Exactly the same as me. Have installed all the updated dll files and 10% and stops. Any update yet?

Look at my post the page before - got it sorted out as follows:

Got it sorted out. Vaicom has lost the path to my DCS World folder. Start Vaiocom, press strg+alt+c for Setup-Window, go to "Config" and set correct path at "use costum DCS path".

Or watch the video:

It seems like that also solved my starting problem somehow.

Hope it helps you too...

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

Hi there guys,

- I'm getting the hang of using VAICOM and its a really great tool.

Now do I have a little problem using it together with SRS. I setup SRS and VAICOM following the user manual of VAICOM. But when I turn on "Allow VAICOM TX Inhibit" I can't seem to get a constant push to talk in SRS using the same PTT as I use in VAICOM. Am I missing something?

- And another small question.

When I turn on ICS Hot Mic for AIRIO it turns on all the radio's to hot. Even for AI ATC etc. How can I fix this?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Kind regards

Jorik

Intel i7 8700k 5,0Ghz OC

Nvidia GTX1080Ti

32Gb DDR4 3200Mhz RAM

HP Reverb Pro

Selfmade Alu Rail 4080 mounts

TM HOTAS WARTHOG

Virpil 100mm extension + Virpil VFX + TM F/A-18 Stick

TM MFD's

Saitek Pedals

On another note. I was wondering how you guys handle imported F10 menu items in VAICOM? I mean, how do you know what the exact command is, other than opening the mission without VAICOM active and checking the F10 menu, and/or checking the keywords list after import?

Thanks.

Tried and tried again and this just won't work.

Each time repair removes the same two files. speech.lua & common.lua

Latest version of DCS open Beta, Open Beta check box selected, latest version of voice attack latest version of VAICOM

The missing step was found. Delete VAICOMPRO folder in \Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech :doh:

Wishlist item: VAICOMPRO and track files

Last night I completed a long and difficult mission and wanted to review it. So I saved the track file. But on replay my MiG-13bis never started up because the "Chief, ground power on" command was never executed and so the engine did not spin up when I pushed the starter. Playing the track I could see me going through all of the motions in the cockpit as if the engine had started and I was rolling and taking off, but I was just sitting in a dead plane.

Wish list for future versions would be for actions triggered through VAICOMPRO commands to be included in the track file. I know that might require some support from ED, but we can always hope.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Second that. +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5