VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hi all,

I am having issues getting the F14, VA, and VC to work together. I have installed VA and had it working rather well and then I found VC and enabled it in VA and that’s when these programs stopped playing nicely together. I extracted everything where it needs to go and enabled plugin support in VA. After that VA stopped recognizing and executing commands at all. What am I doing wrong? How do I utilize these programs when flying with my squadron mates using SRS? Please help me? Thank you for any assistance you can provide me.

DevPreach

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X OC'd to 4.4 GHz on all 8 Cores, Asus ROG STRIX GAMING-E MOBO, 3XWD Blue 500GB SSD, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB PCIE SSD, Seagate 4TB 7200RPM HDD, GIGABYTE AORUS AMD RADEON RX VEGA 56 Graphics Card, EVGA G2 SUPERNOVA 1000W PSU, THERMALTAKE VIEW 71 TG CASE, Saitek X56 Rhino HOTAS

Hi all,

I am having issues getting the F14, VA, and VC to work together. I have installed VA and had it working rather well and then I found VC and enabled it in VA and that’s when these programs stopped playing nicely together. I extracted everything where it needs to go and enabled plugin support in VA. After that VA stopped recognizing and executing commands at all. What am I doing wrong? How do I utilize these programs when flying with my squadron mates using SRS? Please help me? Thank you for any assistance you can provide me.

DevPreach

Read the manual and configured TX buttons?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

CH Products Hat Switches Not Detected by Vaicom Pro

Hi all,

I just installed Vaicom Pro and, after watching Hollywood's excellent video plus reading through the manual, fired it up and began configuring the PTT buttons. I have been using Voice Attack for years and have my radios 1-3 mapped to my CH Products Pro Throttle 8 way hat switch. The Vaicom configuration interface is does not see any action when the hat switch is used. The same is true for the 8 way hat switch on the CH Products Fighterstick. All other buttons and switches work without issue. I REALLY want to keep my radio calls mapped as is (since it took me a month back in 2017 to get everything sorted on my HOTAS setup!). These hat switches work fine in Voice Attack stand alone so any ideas why this is an issue with Viacom Pro? Many thanks for any suggestions! And be safe with the pandemic issues.

Radial Madness

Hi all,

I just installed Vaicom Pro and, after watching Hollywood's excellent video plus reading through the manual, fired it up and began configuring the PTT buttons. I have been using Voice Attack for years and have my radios 1-3 mapped to my CH Products Pro Throttle 8 way hat switch. The Vaicom configuration interface is does not see any action when the hat switch is used. The same is true for the 8 way hat switch on the CH Products Fighterstick. All other buttons and switches work without issue. I REALLY want to keep my radio calls mapped as is (since it took me a month back in 2017 to get everything sorted on my HOTAS setup!). These hat switches work fine in Voice Attack stand alone so any ideas why this is an issue with Viacom Pro? Many thanks for any suggestions! And be safe with the pandemic issues.

Okay. Just to check.

The TX1-6 buttons (PTT) are not mapped to VA's PTT or radio buttons in DCS, right?

I only use TX1 and TX2 as they fulfill all my needs, currently.

When you press TX1 etc. there are no listening resumed/suspended messages in the VA log window?

I had some issues myself when i started using VAICOM because I had done it wrong.

Thanks and I hope you're well yourself!

Got it sorted! Needed to enable POVs in VA joystick settings and assign 4 way switches to them. Just did a test and all is good (I had cleared the DCS radio mappings prior to the problem as you suggested so the issue was VA configuration not Vaicom Pro). Thanks for the response and I can't wait to get proficient with this. BTW do you have a good set of instructions for importing my non-comms related VA commands?

Radial Madness

Got it sorted! Needed to enable POVs in VA joystick settings and assign 4 way switches to them. Just did a test and all is good (I had cleared the DCS radio mappings prior to the problem as you suggested so the issue was VA configuration not Vaicom Pro). Thanks for the response and I can't wait to get proficient with this. BTW do you have a good set of instructions for importing my non-comms related VA commands?
Absolutely, glad to help.

This is the way I do it.

Edit VAICOM profile, click options.

"Include commands from other profiles:"

Click the button right of it, then "+" and select whatever other VoiceAttack profile as many as you want. This way you keep the VAICOM profile totally clean, and you even control Windows, Spotify whatever as long as you have a VA profile.

VAICOMPro and OB 2.5.6.45317 Issues

Hi all,

Am I the only person having issues with the latest Open Beta 2.5.6.45317 released on the 20th of March?

What I'm seeing is

• the comms menu (i.e. COMM1 in the F/A-18 ) appearing randomly;

• Commands being recognized in VoiceAttack, but not executing in DCS;

• the VAICOMPro configuration window showing 'Easy Communication'; and

• getting the 'AIRIO Commands are not Available' message whenever trying them

All was working correctly with the previous OB, and also fine in stable.

I'm open to suggestions...

Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | Gigabyte X570-Aorus Ultra | Gigabyte GeForce 4090 | Samsung C34F791 | Varjo Aero | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | too many flight controllers...

Hi all,

Am I the only person having issues with the latest Open Beta 2.5.6.45317 released on the 20th of March?

What I'm seeing is

• the comms menu (i.e. COMM1 in the F/A-18 ) appearing randomly;

• Commands being recognized in VoiceAttack, but not executing in DCS;

• the VAICOMPro configuration window showing 'Easy Communication'; and

• getting the 'AIRIO Commands are not Available' message whenever trying them

All was working correctly with the previous OB, and also fine in stable.

I'm open to suggestions...

Happened to me as well, as it does after most updates.

Easy to fix for me, just opened VAICOM control panel, and reselect the path to the Open Beta folder, even if it already points to the correct one.

Hope this helps!

And make sure the OB box is ticked

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I have Vaicom Pro working but the appendices portion of the commands don't seem to be working (for example: "two...attack trucks from south with guns" in the Georgian Spring instant action A-10C results in the wingman boring straight in from the north and firing mavs). I have extensions enabled in Vaicom config preferences but I noticed that not all modules support extensions. Is the A-10C mod too old?

Radial Madness

Okay, the Vaicom configuration page indicates that I do NOT have A-10C enabled. A look at the Vaicom troubleshooting video indicates deleting the export.lua from the user\saved games\DCS\scripts folder: Done and setting the path to the DCS install: Done. It still indicates no A-10C in the Vaicom config screen. Obviously this is the reason for appendices not working. Is a reset or an uninstall/re-install in order. Many thanks for any direction you guys can provide.

edit: I meant the Vaicom config PTT screen...sorry!

Edited by sgilewicz
mistake

Radial Madness

Happened to me as well, as it does after most updates.

Easy to fix for me, just opened VAICOM control panel, and reselect the path to the Open Beta folder, even if it already points to the correct one.

Hope this helps!

Thanks - it was similar to this. I'd setup a symbolic link (i.e. mklink) for the tech folder under Saved Games, and that was what was causing the issue. Removed the link and reset the lua code in VAICOMPro and all good now.

Funnily enough it had worked a few weeks ago before a reformat. Must have been changes in the OB versus Stable of late.

Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | Gigabyte X570-Aorus Ultra | Gigabyte GeForce 4090 | Samsung C34F791 | Varjo Aero | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | too many flight controllers...

Okay,

1. A-10C not showing in PTT config UI: License server was down and Vaicom support responded right away and got the server provider on board and my licenses registered. Good on the support team!

2. Appendices not working: Vaicom support pointed out that appendices have very specific commands and sequence: "my target" is not acceptable using appendices. Instructions to flight members specifying weapons and directions must be in the following sequence:

recipient__target type__weapon__direction

2__artillery__guns__west - works

2__artillery__west__guns - will not work per Vaicom support since weapons MUST precede direction in the instruction set.

I will be spending a lot of time with this but I can definitely see its potential for streamlining comms. It will be time well spent and thank goodness for this forum and thread!

Radial Madness

Add spoken command

Greetings,

I'm trying to add a new spoken (when I say) command: "connect the ground power" for the "ground power on" trigger.

Any ideas on how I can do this given that it's not a keybind and an API call?

Thanks!

Greetings,

I'm trying to add a new spoken (when I say) command: "connect the ground power" for the "ground power on" trigger.

Any ideas on how I can do this given that it's not a keybind and an API call?

Thanks!

Sorry, what do you mean?

Changing how you say the command?

That you do in the keywords editor. Just add an alias.

Or do you want to add commands that do not exist in VAICOM like cockpit controls or whatever. To achieve that, I do it this way.

Make a completely new Voice Attack profile. Add your commands and test it to make sure everything's working.

Select the VAICOM profile, edit, click options.

Click the button right of it, then "+" and select the profile you just made, or whatever other VoiceAttack profile, as many as you want. This way you keep the VAICOM profile totally clean, and you even control Windows, Spotify whatever as long as you have a VA profile.

You save you a lot of redundant work, check if there already exists profiles for your module. Bailey's are excellent!

In your commands list in voice attack create a new command “kneeboard “. Set the key combo to cntrl-k. Set the voice activation to a button on your joystick. Done

What's the point tho? You'd be better off mapping ctrl-k to the joystick (e.g. with joystick gremlin) or directly in DCS's control options.

Voiceattack is for voice commands.

Also, the original question has more to do with how Voiceattack works than Vaicom.

Sorry, what do you mean?

Changing how you say the command?

That you do in the keywords editor. Just add an alias.

Or do you want to add commands that do not exist in VAICOM like cockpit controls or whatever. To achieve that, I do it this way.

Make a completely new Voice Attack profile. Add your commands and test it to make sure everything's working.

Select the VAICOM profile, edit, click options.

Click the button right of it, then "+" and select the profile you just made, or whatever other VoiceAttack profile, as many as you want. This way you keep the VAICOM profile totally clean, and you even control Windows, Spotify whatever as long as you have a VA profile.

You save you a lot of redundant work, check if there already exists profiles for your module. Bailey's are excellent!

This man gets it.

What's the point tho? You'd be better off mapping ctrl-k to the joystick (e.g. with joystick gremlin) or directly in DCS's control options.

Voiceattack is for voice commands.

Also, the original question has more to do with how Voiceattack works than Vaicom.

Except I have way more commands than buttons in my Hotas. And since im VR I’d prefer not to fumble too much with the keyboard.

Don’t need a joystick button for raise gear, or kneeboard, or attach catapult. All can be done with voice attack and Viacom takes care of the radios

This is because the command is not available via the in-game comms menus - it is therefore a Vaicom Pro special

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I stand corrected - haven't used the in game menus in a long time.

Except I have way more commands than buttons in my Hotas. And since im VR I’d prefer not to fumble too much with the keyboard.

Don’t need a joystick button for raise gear, or kneeboard, or attach catapult. All can be done with voice attack and Viacom takes care of the radios

You need PointControl, it is great for flying in VR, I actually use my voice commands less because it is easy to click a button

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218861

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Basic flight commands for Viacom Pro

Greetings folks. New DCS and Viacom pro user here. Was wondering if there are profiles that have the basic flight commands included like flaps, gear AP etc......I am learning the A-10C and noticed that the profile I am using does not have any included. Is that something I need to add manually and if so is there a list of the ones that are most valuable to get me started?

Thanks!