VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Ok all haven't gotten answers back on any previous post but lets go again. So started using my Beta instead of stable. VIACOM pro has worked on here without flaw until DCS did its most recent beta update today. Why would VIACOM Pro stop? What can I do to fix it?

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster TPR Pedels - TrackIR

Ok all haven't gotten answers back on any previous post but lets go again. So started using my Beta instead of stable. VIACOM pro has worked on here without flaw until DCS did its most recent beta update today. Why would VIACOM Pro stop? What can I do to fix it?
If you backtrack to post #4724, and read from there, you will find the solution, also notice that we might have to do this after EVERY update, so you just better learn the procedure by heart.

I'm confident that if @Hollywood_315 new why export.lua gets "broken" after every update he would find a solution to it.

(He might as well add feature in the control panel for it )

As a side note, I have also gotten the issue where I can't open the control panel with keyboard, so I have to do it by voice. Added that a long time ago

Also found out yesterday on how to get VAICOM working with The Jeff , so I'm pretty happy.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Deleting export.lua did not work for me found it in the DCS Openbeta main folder not in saved games Path to Open Beta is set and the "ob" box is checked

I'm giving up for today 6 hours is enough.

The one in the main folder is not the one that needs to be deleted. If you can't restore that one, a DCS repair might now be necessary. The one in the scripts folder, that i pointed out, will be recreated, by Vaicom, if it doesn't exist.

I restored the export.lua in the main folder

I found 2 export.lua files in C: users/****/DCS openbeta/scrips export.lua 1K and and one in scrips/VAICOMPRO/VAICOMPRO.export.lua

Tried deleating and reinstalling both still no responce from DCS?

Instant Action A-10C Nevada Takeoff

Voice Attack this what I get in screen "There are currently no Flight recipients available"

start at bottom

11:07:17.152 There are currently no Flight recipients available.

11:07:17.151 Have result, identified as command: Return To Base

11:07:17.151 Have result, identified as recipient: Flight

11:07:17.151 Captured sentence: flight return to base

11:07:17.147 Recognized : 'flight return to base' (contains 'flight')

11:07:17.147 Recognized : 'flight return to base' (contains 'return to base')

11:07:14.178 Joystick : 'Transmit TX2 press'

Instant Action F-18C Nevada Free Flight "There are currently no ATC recipients available"

11:28:05.448 There are currently no ATC recipients available.

11:28:05.443 Have result, identified as command: Inbound

11:28:05.443 Captured sentence: inbound

11:28:03.567 (awaiting additional input)

11:28:03.567 Captured sentence: nellis

11:28:03.563 Recognized : 'nellis'

11:28:01.823 (awaiting additional input)

11:28:01.821 Have result, identified as recipient: ATC

11:28:01.819 Captured sentence: atc

11:28:01.815 Recognized : 'atc'

11:27:59.832 Joystick : 'Transmit TX2 press'

Edited by Shortcut

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

What module are you flying? Does the VAICOM control panel show you which module it is?

Are you using easy comms or not? If not, have you tuned the radio to correct frequency? Have you tried "Nellis select"?

Have you reapplied the custom path and checked "ob" box?

Can't remember if you're on Steam. If yes, try to uncheck "ob" box.

Should the screen in the PTT show what aircraft I'm flying mine just has (top) AP DP AUTO 0 (flashing) BCN (middle) ---- then Easy Communications ON (bottom MULTI I-SEL SQL

It never changes even when flying

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

No Stream, OB box checked just tried Nellis Select "There are currently no ATC recipients available."

What export.lua should I have and where?

By the way thanks for the help I would love to have this working for the SC.

I'm still desperate trying to get the tune radio command to work, everything else works more or less, given that I'm not a nativ Englisch speaker. Running out of ideas...

Guess I fixed most of my issues by creating a new voice recognition profile .

Seems to be I fu*** up the "old" one with teaching it to many bad words :music_whistling:

Long story short, radio tune and som other stuff is working again.

Guess I fixed most of my issues by creating a new voice recognition profile .

Seems to be I fu*** up the "old" one with teaching it to many bad words :music_whistling:

Long story short, radio tune and som other stuff is working again.

Haha!!! That made me laugh, good for you!!!

No Stream, OB box checked just tried Nellis Select "There are currently no ATC recipients available."

What export.lua should I have and where?

By the way thanks for the help I would love to have this working for the SC.

We'll get you there!

Yes, if the control panel doesn't tell you which module when you're in the cockpit, it will not work. Because it means VAICOM cannot communicate with DCS.

Quick note, you might know this already, Voice Attack with a plain ordinary profile just blindly sends key presses, mouse clicks etc to active window unless specified otherwise. VAICOM is way smarter as it talks directly with DCS behind the scenes. But that means it must know how to communicate with DCS, and for some reason this gets f****d after every upgrade the past 6 months, at least for me.

Like I said, my way to solve it, is usually to just repoint the customer path. But yesterday I had to delete export.lua as well.

I think I had to do this because I had one change to my setup. I reinstalled SRS. (I had it de-installed due to VAICOM issues before).

I cannot make a diagram right now, wouldn't be perfect anyway (God I miss the autocorrect on my MS phone), but let's pretend.

Try this one more time.

1. Close DCS and VA.

2. Delete export.lua in scripts per @Greyman's instructions.

3. Repair DCS, recommend @SkateZilla's excellent app.

4.Open VA and VAICOM profile, and re-select custom path. Open control panel, and don't close VA.

Pause and think. Do you have other apps/plugins installed that might be using export.lua, like SRS, TacView, the rumble thing, SSI???? DCS-BIOS etc. Make note. YES or NO

5.a. NO, start DCS, start a module and see

IF VAICOM displays module=working!

Go to END.

ELSE, let me know. Me think some more.

5.b YES, start DCS, start a module and see

IF VAICOM displays module=working!

Go to END.

ELSE Uninstall ALL of them, and go to 1.

END. Smile and be happy!

Hope this made sence. Crossing my fingers for you!!

Hi, software and AIRIO plugin is amazing I must say and I can feel that VSPX is doing better job on recognizing my speech then anything that I used before. I'm still having issue with recognizing these specific RIO orders "Radar mode TWS", 'Radar mode RWS". My word Radar is recognized as "Reader" most of the time.

Also I'm not really sure on how to order RIO to lockup target only by using TWS with AIRIO?

Can someone help?

Hi, software and AIRIO plugin is amazing I must say and I can feel that VSPX is doing better job on recognizing my speech then anything that I used before. I'm still having issue with recognizing these specific RIO orders "Radar mode TWS", 'Radar mode RWS". My word Radar is recognized as "Reader" most of the time.

Also I'm not really sure on how to order RIO to lockup target only by using TWS with AIRIO?

Can someone help?

If you have issues with certain words an phrases. Make sure you train Microsoft Speech Recognition extensively!!

And if you still have issues, add those to the MSSR dictionary. It is cumbersome and takes time. But it is very rewarding!

+1 for adding to the dictionary - I have had to do this for a variety of words. Definitely sounds like you need to add Radar (don't forget to record a pronunciation as well)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

@Shortcut - you need to restart VoiceAttack after you have deleted export.lua (it's the first one that you named btw). Vaicom creates a new export.lua, if one doesn't exist, when it starts up.
Of course! Forgot about that.

We really need to get these steps to sticky!

+1 for adding to the dictionary - I have had to do this for a variety of words. Definitely sounds like you need to add Radar (don't forget to record a pronunciation as well)

Wow, this helped a lot! I've blocked the word reader and then recorder my pronounciation of radar and it works :)

They're in one of the videos, linked in the OP, but it's the sort of thing that would normally go into a FAQ thread, under something like:-

"The PTT tab doesn't display any aircraft and the commands don't get sent to DCS immediately, usually after a DCS update"

It would be really nice to have a proper forum structure for Vaicom Pro, rather than just a single thread, as if you do a search, there's probably a mention of deleting export.lua in the first few pages. The first one i found was at #787 btw :)

They're in one of the videos, linked in the OP, but it's the sort of thing that would normally go into a FAQ thread, under something like:-

"The PTT tab doesn't display any aircraft and the commands don't get sent to DCS immediately, usually after a DCS update"

It would be really nice to have a proper forum structure for Vaicom Pro, rather than just a single thread, as if you do a search, there's probably a mention of deleting export.lua in the first few pages. The first one i found was at #787 btw :)

Yeah! Totally!

One can't expect people to watch a video, if I read you correctly, with such a common issue and easy fix that comes along after every update.

Well, it's good to have you here, whenever I feel like I'm hitting my head on the wall, you come along and saves the day. When @Hollywood_315 comes back, I'll pledge you a thread moderator!

Absolutely! Forgot to mention that detail. Make sure you record it as well!!!

Wow, this helped a lot! I've blocked the word reader and then recorder my pronounciation of radar and it works :)

Yes, fantastic tip.

In a profile for another SIM, word blocking is used extensively!

After you @MAXsenna :)
Hehe thanks!

BTW. Do you have the JF-17 or FC3?

I'm asking becsuse there was this dude ranting about he couldn't get VAICOM to work with the J-11. And myself haven't used the Jeff since before Christmas, and also couldn't get VIACOM to work with it.

But made it work last night, just by fluke. Will def test it with the J-11 come Sunday open modules.

I'm just corious if it should work normally, or if I found a work around. Was away due a couple of months, so I might have missed any 'bout it.

Cheers

FYI.... saw a couple of new keywords today, concerning the SC. Looking forward to it.

Since Viacom didn't update, at least I didn't noticed so, where do they come from?

Might be old stuff for you, but I only saw them today while I tried to rectify my problems, but after updating the open beta.

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

I'm having an issue that I just can't seem to figure out.

VA seems to not want to listen. I key up the mic, it says "listening resumed" and instantly followed by " listening suspended".

Clearly it's not giving me time to speak a command, but I've not yet let off of the keyed mic button.

I have no idea what this could be. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Markeebo1e9b7ffde4ffdb1d79f044097b390ea8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Edited by Markeebo

I'm having an issue that I just can't seem to figure out.

VA seems to not want to listen. I key up the mic, it says "listening resumed" and instantly followed by " listening suspended".

Clearly it's not giving me time to speak a command, but I've not yet let off of the keyed mic button.

I have no idea what this could be. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Markeebo1e9b7ffde4ffdb1d79f044097b390ea8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

sounds a lot like this ... https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4261593#post4261593

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg