VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Just to make sure. VA, is of course running as admin? I think I heard on the Discord that it had reverted for somebody for some strange reason.

Try to re-download and replace the VAICOM dlls.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Yes it was running as Admin. I re-downloaded and started from scratch and it is working now. Thanks!

Get this error when I try to use editor. When hit the "Mic" icon to start keyword training mode, I get the following error:

"Speech Recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported"

I attached a pic with my settings windows and the error message.

Any help appreciated.

vabug2.thumb.png.b335b24d91056f4795dfaa606f148c65.png

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Quick question if I say "Take 10" should it open the Map and "Take 1" close it or if that just for the on screen menu?

I tried adding a voice command in Voice Attack "Open Map" use the key F10 and "Close Map" use key F1 but I can"t get it to work. I'm trying to learn this

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

Quick question if I say "Take 10" should it open the Map and "Take 1" close it or if that just for the on screen menu?

I tried adding a voice command in Voice Attack "Open Map" use the key F10 and "Close Map" use key F1 but I can"t get it to work. I'm trying to learn this

I understand your confusion, but no, that is not how it works.

VAICOM talks to DCS over the network and with Lua, (hence why the export.lua is important), and not through key presses like VA does (Voice Attack can do waaaaaay more of course, but not natively talk to DCS out of the box. I just read the most interesting thing on the Discord though).

To use "Take commands", you have to say "options" first. That's their only purpose. Vaicom doesn't send the F keys. (To do that make a new VA profile, and add it to the VAICOM profile. Could add them in the VAICOM profile, but can save you grief to "keep'em separated" as The Offspring sings) .

Now, because VAICOM works the way it does, we can do FUN stuff! If you check the "Import F10 Menu", VAICOM will add special F10 menu from missions and campaigns, to the VAICOM "Keywords Editor". Both single player and MP. Now this is useful if there are things you repeatedly play. Then you just go in the editor and change the command accordingly. Train it if you need. And you can skip the "options" and "take commands".

Get this error when I try to use editor. When hit the "Mic" icon to start keyword training mode, I get the following error:

"Speech Recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported"

I attached a pic with my settings windows and the error message.

Any help appreciated.

That's Voice Attack related. On the top of my head, can't remember the fix. But check, installed and display languages in Windows with the chosen Speech Engine, and the speech language selected in VA.

Hay Max,

chatter still didn't change, I even deleted export.lua after updating.

Firing up VA and VAICOM, Chatter comes out on Rift OK. As soon I fire up DCS, chatter goes back to desktop speaker, no matter what. Everything else comes from Rift allright tough... Freakin annoying... :(

Thanks for any idea...

That's Voice Attack related. On the top of my head, can't remember the fix. But check, installed and display languages in Windows with the chosen Speech Engine, and the speech language selected in VA.

I think this is actually a Windows 10 issue.

I think you need to go to settings > Time & Language > Speech and check that you have selected an input language (this may need to match your OS language but I cannot remember)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hay Max,

chatter still didn't change, I even deleted export.lua after updating.

Firing up VA and VAICOM, Chatter comes out on Rift OK. As soon I fire up DCS, chatter goes back to desktop speaker, no matter what. Everything else comes from Rift allright tough... Freakin annoying... :(

Thanks for any idea...

Check the audio tab in DCS settings and see what you have set there for Voice

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I'm not getting the aircraft recognized by vaicom, looks to be becasue the plugin is not creating an export.lua file and installing the scripts. I have a custom path defined in the confg but still no joy. should the custom path point to the saved games directory or the core? anything else I might be missing? why wouldnt the export.lua get created?

Edited by j9murphy

I think this is actually a Windows 10 issue.

I think you need to go to settings > Time & Language > Speech and check that you have selected an input language (this may need to match your OS language but I cannot remember)

'Course, your right. Didn't mean as a fault in VA as such. Not really an "issue"/bug, merely some miss match between language settings in Windows that gives a fault in VA. I'm sure I saw somebody had a similar problem and I think it was in the VA Discord. Was easily solved IIRC.

I think if one starts MSSR it will give you the same error.

All 4 entrys set to "Rift Audio" (NOT the Oculus Virtual Audio Device, that's been introduced recently).
Were you able to test with another headset?

I'll see if I can find one and test it somehow on my side.

I'm not getting the aircraft recognized by vaicom, looks to be becasue the plugin is not creating an export.lua file and installing the scripts. I have a custom path defined in the confg but still no joy. should the custom path point to the saved games directory or the core? anything else I might be missing? why wouldnt the export.lua get created?
Points to core. And the export.lua should be created save games DCS.xx Scripts.

You're, open beta, so checked the "ob" box. And you're not on Steam right?

I have both open beta and stable installed. I checked the open beta scripts directory and that's where everything went. I have vaicompro custom configured for stable, and did *not* check ob. Why is is still going to open beta and not the stable release?

All 4 entrys set to "Rift Audio" (NOT the Oculus Virtual Audio Device, that's been introduced recently).
Hmmm.

Found some old speakers. Took me a little effort to get it right actually, and made VA crash in the process. And I know how, but don't know why. It was interesting... I might be on to something.

Can you post some screen shots?

VAICOM PTT and audio tab, Voice Attack audio tab, DCS audio tab, Windows sound settings and advanced sound options.

And BTW, can't remember if I told you already. But thanks for making me think. I've found a workaround to have different physical TX buttons for different modules. It's a little manual labour and maintenence. But it actually works well. So I'm helicopters I now use the trigger (except for the Shark) as my PTT.

Let me know, (or anybody else if this is interesting), if you wanna try it.

I have both open beta and stable installed. I checked the open beta scripts directory and that's where everything went. I have vaicompro custom configured for stable, and did *not* check ob. Why is is still going to open beta and not the stable release?
Ahhhhh I have both stable and OB. Both works, checked the box.

Doesn't any of them work for you?

Delete export.lua and try again.

Can I tell VIACOM pro what my DCS.openbeta user profile is located?

Hi!

This is the path to my DCS user profile:

"C:\Users\pilot\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta256"

Viacom pro always creates a new one "C:\Users\pilot\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta" with all its configs, etc.

Background is the following:

My DCS installation contains a dcs_variant.txt containing the string "openbeta256" (this is intentionally due to older DCS installations on the same system).

How can I tell Viacom to use this correct path?

Is the only solution to perform changes by hand?

Thanks and kind regards,

TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Hi!

This is the path to my DCS user profile:

"C:\Users\pilot\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta256"

Viacom pro always creates a new one "C:\Users\pilot\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta" with all its configs, etc.

Background is the following:

My DCS installation contains a dcs_variant.txt containing the string "openbeta256" (this is intentionally due to older DCS installations on the same system).

How can I tell Viacom to use this correct path?

Is the only solution to perform changes by hand?

Thanks and kind regards,

TOViper

Try to make hardlinks for the VAICOM folders.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4295018&postcount=4775

there is a registry path, see the above post, where DCS stores the directory, Viacom seems to leverage it ... my guess is you used to have an installation in that directory but not any more?

you can edit the registry path and put in the correct one...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Ahhhhh I have both stable and OB. Both works, checked the box.

Doesn't any of them work for you?

Delete export.lua and try again.

I checked the OB box and restarted, but it still only creates the files in the open beta install and not in the stable install....

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4295018&postcount=4775

there is a registry path, see the above post, where DCS stores the directory, Viacom seems to leverage it ... my guess is you used to have an installation in that directory but not any more?

you can edit the registry path and put in the correct one...

Thanks for your quick answer, but it didn't help out.

Here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta 

I wasn't able find any key about the user profile, just the main installation path, which is set correctly according to my installation.

I'm hunting for the user profile path, not the main install path!

Try to make hardlinks for the VAICOM folders.

This one needs explanation please, thnx!

Main installation is here: X:\DCS_2.5.6

User profile is here: C:\Users\pilot\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta256

dcs_variant.txt contains "openbeta256"

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I checked the OB box and restarted, but it still only creates the files in the open beta install and not in the stable install....
Tested by deleting export.lua from both stable and OB. Rebooted. Started VA. VAICOM created both files.

If I were you I would look into @stuartaston's post above to check what the register have.