VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Thanks Hornblower and Max for chiming in on this issue. I'm running DCS Stable V 2.5.5.41371 and last week's OB V 2.6 update. Additionally, I've been getting bombarded with recent Voice Attack and Vaicom updates and have loaded each of them as presented. I've attached layouts below, which I snipped a few minutes ago, for your review. I've mapped VA's TX switches as instructed - removing the Start/Sop Listening lines in each TX Edit Command box. Note also, that I'm unable to bring-up my Vaicom Configuration Window. Again everything was working until this last Vaicom update a couple of days ago. I also have multiple Vaicom Profiles which I'm going to delete. I also deleted the VCP export lua in my Saved Games DCS Script export.lua, hoping it would correct this issue. No joy. Again thanks for your help. You guys are the best. I'm at my system now waiting for a reply if you guys are still available and have the time. Chat soon.

Your VAICOM folder looks better now (but see MAXsenna's post below regarding multiple plugins and try removing the subfolder first), but the lines at the bottom of your log still show that VA thinks you have more than one version of VAICOM installed and I think this is the root cause of the issue (including the VAICOM control panel since the software does not know which version of the plugin to use). The things I can think of to try immediately are:

1. In VA, does VAICOM appear more than once in the Profile drop down list? If so, see step 2 below for suggested course of action (unless you can definitively identify the version(s) you don't need)

2. Did you import the latest version of VAICOM into VA, or did you just move the files into the apps folder? If the latter, it might well be worth taking a backup of the apps folder, deleting any profiles within VA that mention VAICOM and the import the VAICOM add-in again (you may need to disable plugins within VA for this to work - there are instructions for this in the VA guide which is in the VA program folder)

If this resolves the issue and you have made any customisations to your VAICOM commands I think you will then be able to recover them by copying the databases back from the backup copy you have made

Try the above and let me know how you get on - I have other things we can potentially try, but think the above might work

Edited by hornblower793

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Thanks Hornblower and Max for chiming in on this issue. I'm running DCS Stable V 2.5.5.41371 and last week's OB V 2.6 update. Additionally, I've been getting bombarded with recent Voice Attack and Vaicom updates and have loaded each of them as presented. I've attached layouts below, which I snipped a few minutes ago, for your review. I've mapped VA's TX switches as instructed - removing the Start/Sop Listening lines in each TX Edit Command box. Note also, that I'm unable to bring-up my Vaicom Configuration Window. Again everything was working until this last Vaicom update a couple of days ago. I also have multiple Vaicom Profiles which I'm going to delete. I also deleted the VCP export lua in my Saved Games DCS Script export.lua, hoping it would correct this issue. No joy. Again thanks for your help. You guys are the best. I'm at my system now waiting for a reply if you guys are still available and have the time. Chat soon.
You have a VAICOM PRO folder inside your VAICOM PRO folder. Expand that and check contents.

You definitely have multiple VAICOM plugins.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

You have a VAICOM PRO folder inside your VAICOM PRO folder. Expand that and check contents.

You definitely have multiple VAICOM plugins.

Good spot - I missed that one :-)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

id really like to see a list of the key commands they used to put AIRIO together; for the life of me, I cant figure out how to even get Jester to start doing whatever I need him to do with vaicom at all. Hell I cant even figure out if Im doing it right or not, but Im beyond fed up with that right now.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Hi there,

I just bought the chatter extension. Dumb question: how can i turn that on? I don‘t hear any chatter.....

Cheers

Flex

Try saying "Chatter Toggle" or mapping chatter to an unused PTT button. You can also set chatter to autostart and link it to aircraft power in the EX tab of the Vaicom config window

Hi there,

I just bought the chatter extension. Dumb question: how can i turn that on? I don‘t hear any chatter.....

Cheers

Flex

Assuming you have followed the installation instructions included in the download zip (including registering the licence), have a look at the EX tab of the VAICOM config panel and check that Chatter has one of Link to Radio Power or Auto-start enabled.

I have set to Link to Radio Power and also to turn on and off with a joystick button since I don't want it on all the time while flying (can be a pain in training missions etc). To do this, select the Edit profile pencil within VoiceAttack and then assign a joystick button to the *Chatter* command (you can of course just say Chatter to turn it off and on)

Try saying "Chatter Toggle" or mapping chatter to an unused PTT button. You can also set chatter to autostart and link it to aircraft power in the EX tab of the Vaicom config window
Or just say "chatter"

id really like to see a list of the key commands they used to put AIRIO together; for the life of me, I cant figure out how to even get Jester to start doing whatever I need him to do with vaicom at all. Hell I cant even figure out if Im doing it right or not, but Im beyond fed up with that right now.

There is a list of all the AIRIO commands (for both Jester and Iceman) in the VAICOM user guide - if it is not this list, what help are you needing and we will do our best

Hi,

Has anyone seen an issue where certain missions force VIACOMM into EASY COMMUNICATIONS:OFF even when the setting is turned on in the game?

I am seeing this on the Hornet AIM120B and C training mission. Maybe a mission maker can force comm's one way or another?

Just curious if others seeing this or if its unique to me.

Thanks

Could be.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Eeagle%2Eru%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D271337&share_tid=271337&share_fid=74365&share_type=t&link_source=app

There is a list of all the AIRIO commands (for both Jester and Iceman) in the VAICOM user guide - if it is not this list, what help are you needing and we will do our best

Im not talking about the AIRIO commands, I mean the keyboard commands used in AIRIO: the actual keypresses.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

I'm not sure I'm getting this. Are you asking for keyboard commands in VAICOM?

More or less - the key commands that AIRIO -and only AIRIO- generates when you speak to get jester to do something. Im not too familiar with even how to use Jester let alone what the Jester wheel actually does,and get used to what a tomcat pilot needs to learn before flying online with an actual RIO.

My wallpaper and skins

Viacom Pro Issue

I've been trying to troubleshoot a problem that I've been having with VoiceAttack/Viacom Pro. When in DCS World (Multi-player or Instant Action), within 50 seconds of obtaining an aircraft Voice Attack toggles to "Listening Suspended". I toggle the mic back on, and within 50 seconds I get the Listening Suspended again.

With the Plugins Disabled on VoiceAttack everything works fine. I've followed the installation instructions in the manual, re-downloaded and re-installed Viacom, ensured that Viacom is correctly pointed to my DCS World folder and that ob is checked.

I'm not sure where else to look, any help would be greatly appreciated.

LS.thumb.jpg.d8286589abf0481ce3d84465fa819dca.jpg

More or less - the key commands that AIRIO -and only AIRIO- generates when you speak to get jester to do something. Im not too familiar with even how to use Jester let alone what the Jester wheel actually does,and get used to what a tomcat pilot needs to learn before flying online with an actual RIO.

Ahh! You see this is not VAICOM works. It doesn't have or use any keypresses. It talks directly with DCS (behind the scene). It uses Voice Attack as an interface with Microsoft Speech recognition, solely for the purpose of Speech To Text. Not like Voice Attack usually is used.

I do not, have the Tomcat myself, yet. But I've got the AIRIO extension. Now, there is an issue with with AIRIO, that will be fixed, as other users are reporting. I think it's only for certain commands.

Have you made VAICOM work with other modules? Just to check if you have VAICOM and MSSR setup correctly. You can also check the VA log, to see if commands are recognized and if and where they are stopped.

I've been trying to troubleshoot a problem that I've been having with VoiceAttack/Viacom Pro. When in DCS World (Multi-player or Instant Action), within 50 seconds of obtaining an aircraft Voice Attack toggles to "Listening Suspended". I toggle the mic back on, and within 50 seconds I get the Listening Suspended again.

With the Plugins Disabled on VoiceAttack everything works fine. I've followed the installation instructions in the manual, re-downloaded and re-installed Viacom, ensured that Viacom is correctly pointed to my DCS World folder and that ob is checked.

I'm not sure where else to look, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you configured the TX buttons per described on the VAICOM manual?

I think there's an "open mic" settings in the VAICOM somewhere. But I'm not at computer for the time being, so can't check. And I've never used it. If not set I believe it will toggle listening off whenever pressed.

Make sure TX buttons are not the same as: ANY keyboard key in DCS, they are 1-6 per default i think.

ANY joystick button used by DCS (like the radio menus) or Voice Attack.

As all those above will be in conflict and turn listening off, when pressed and released, and not held.

Hi Hornblower and Max. I worked it out with your guidance. As you both observed, I had multiple conflicting VCP profiles which prompted me to do a deep dive into my entire system's directories and associated file structure. Man, I felt like a hoarder. So I've just spent the last few hours moving a number of files to my second 1TB SSD and deleting un-used apps. In any event, I'm back in business. But, I have to start giving my baby some TLC. It's like a woman. If you don't give her continous attention, she'll make your life misserable. Thanks guys - your the best. Now onto my next quest: to develop a Voice Attack envoked scratchpad and kneeboard and get them to render on an Android Tablet. I'm certain I'll be back for advice if I run into more issues.

Best regards and, to you and yours, stay healthy and safe.

Mike

Hi Hornblower and Max. I worked it out with your guidance. As you both observed, I had multiple conflicting VCP profiles which prompted me to do a deep dive into my entire system's directories and associated file structure. Man, I felt like a hoarder. So I've just spent the last few hours moving a number of files to my second 1TB SSD and deleting un-used apps. In any event, I'm back in business. But, I have to start giving my baby some TLC. It's like a woman. If you don't give her continous attention, she'll make your life misserable. Thanks guys - your the best. Now onto my next quest: to develop a Voice Attack envoked scratchpad and kneeboard and get them to render on an Android Tablet. I'm certain I'll be back for advice if I run into more issues.

Best regards and, to you and yours, stay healthy and safe.

Mike

Mike - really glad to hear you have it sorted. There is a scratchpad already available (can send link later) and I have some commands already built to display it and then start dictation to it which I will happily share if you want. I don't know about putting on to Android as i fly VR.

Also, there is a custom kneeboard builder app and people have produced additional kneeboard pages listing the Vaicom commands for reference while in flight. Look in the user files section for stuff made by Sydy

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Correction on my last. 2TB SSD. In fact, I think I'm going to have to move the DCS World Stable V from my main 500GB SSD to the secondary 2TB SSD. Even though I got rid of a lot junk on my main drive, I'm running out of free space. You know I've got to get ready for the Super Carrier release. I've been on the pre-order list from literally - Day One - and, I can hardly wait to take my Hornet to the next level. Keep us flying guys.

I do not, have the Tomcat myself, yet. But I've got the AIRIO extension. Now, there is an issue with with AIRIO, that will be fixed, as other users are reporting. I think it's only for certain commands.

Have you made VAICOM work with other modules? Just to check if you have VAICOM and MSSR setup correctly. You can also check the VA log, to see if commands are recognized and if and where they are stopped.

I do have the F14 and fly quite regularly with Jester (and sometimes Iceman, although he often seems to want to aim for the ground rather than stay flying).

There is an issue during startup at the moment (something changed in the last OB) where Jester no longer responds to normal commands during Assisted startup. The workaround is to say 'Assisted startup' each time and Jester will move on.

In terms of the rest, the first thing I did was to practice the navigation commands such as 'Navigate steerpoint <x>'. The radar commands are useful so that you can find enemies while you are flying solo, but I don't believe you will need these with a human RIO.

I would happily go in the back with you but have spent so little time there that I would be a hinderance rather than a help at the moment as I would be rapidly learning.

Drop me a PM if you need further help

Last message meant for @Hammer1-1 and not @MAXsenna (cannot easily edit as on Tapatalk)

Thanks for the heads up Hornblower. I'd certainly welcome any assistance you can provide with my scratchpad setup. I'll also look into Sydy's Kneeboard Builder app as well. Sounds pretty cool. I'm a hands on guy and therefore am not into VR. I like the tactile feel of pushing buttons and flicking switches. I've attached a pic of my modest poor man's sim pit below to give you a visual of my setup. I know I'm going to encounter some hurdles with the Android but, I think I have an idea on some work arounds - we'll see. Thanks again buddy and, hope to chat soon. Have a great day.

1483841886_20200313_2327351.thumb.jpg.6b6c16606180e4ca2fa63c6400cb40ce.jpg

Hornblower, Here's another pic with the MFD's displayed.
Looks really good - if I had the room I might well have gone this route rather than VR

Just to avoid confusion, Sydy has used the kneeboard builder to produce images that can be added to the in game kneeboard. When I get on my PC later I will find you all the links