VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

While DCS was "off" and restarted Voice Attack?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I am getting the same, and only for the A-8 (I also bought several others and they are all working fine)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Even when doing as Hollywood suggested? Tried stable?

I only have OB - have got it working by uninstalling and reinstalling the aircraft module using SkateZilla's app. Thinks I am in the FW190 D-9 in the VAICOM control panel but the A-8 in the VA log window and the comms work

I don't have either of the other 2 aircraft for which the OP had an issue

Now back to play with the Super Carrier again :-)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Ah ok so looks like we are waiting on an update for Vaicom to use with the new Super Carrier?

Btw I have not been prompted to update keywords in forever, is this normal?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Ah ok so looks like we are waiting on an update for Vaicom to use with the new Super Carrier?

Btw I have not been prompted to update keywords in forever, is this normal?

Well, not an update. An extension as it seems like the AIRIO. Gonna purchase the second it's available!

Well, not an update. An extension as it seems like the AIRIO. Gonna purchase the second it's available!

Ok no problem with that, thanks.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I only have OB - have got it working by uninstalling and reinstalling the aircraft module using SkateZilla's app. Thinks I am in the FW190 D-9 in the VAICOM control panel but the A-8 in the VA log window and the comms work

I don't have either of the other 2 aircraft for which the OP had an issue

Now back to play with the Super Carrier again :-)

LOL! I was so into doing stuff in the SC, I didn't notice that VAICOM stopped recognizing any of my modules after the update.

I thought I had the steps all figured out, but I'm missing something.

Closed DCS.

Re-selected path in VAICOM, closed VA, deleted both export.luas. Repaired DCS, stared VA, started DCS.OB. No go. Uninstalled F/A-18C, installed again with Skatezilla's app.

Repeat above. Still no go.

I'm sure I'm missing something as this used to be a sure way to fix it.

Well, anyway, added "salute" and "request launch" or whatever it was to the dictionary. So I'm ready for when the extension is out!

Not to take away from the developer cause I really appreciate the app, but for now at least aren’t there only 3 commands that all have keyboard references? Just add them to voice attack
Nah... That'd be too easy!

Well, VAICOM can do stuff in DCS that the radio menu can't, might be the same for SC, but according to ED comms are not ready yet and will be expanded to normal ATC. So I guess we'll just see what it brings, now and in the future.

LOL! I was so into doing stuff in the SC, I didn't notice that VAICOM stopped recognizing any of my modules after the update.

I thought I had the steps all figured out, but I'm missing something.

Closed DCS.

Re-selected path in VAICOM, closed VA, deleted both export.luas. Repaired DCS, stared VA, started DCS.OB. No go. Uninstalled F/A-18C, installed again with Skatezilla's app.

Repeat above. Still no go.

I'm sure I'm missing something as this used to be a sure way to fix it.

Well, anyway, added "salute" and "request launch" or whatever it was to the dictionary. So I'm ready for when the extension is out!

I think I deleted the Export luas, then did the uninstall / reinstall of the module and then restarted VA. It was only the A-8 in which I have had this issue (of the modules I have flown since update)

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Not to take away from the developer cause I really appreciate the app, but for now at least aren’t there only 3 commands that all have keyboard references? Just add them to voice attack

If you review the entirety of CASE I, II, III procedures you will see that there are a lot more than three commands.... When you are talking of CASE III there are specific times/instances where commands are given at the same time you are executing certain tasks.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I think I deleted the Export luas, then did the uninstall / reinstall of the module and then restarted VA. It was only the A-8 in which I have had this issue (of the modules I have flown since update)

Thanks. Gonna try again when @ home. Will try stable as well, just too check if I've screwed it up somehow.

could you point the folder location of that Export.lua file, please?

\Saved Games\DCS?

\Saved Games\DCS.Openbeta?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

could you point the folder location of that Export.lua file, please?

\Saved Games\DCS?

\Saved Games\DCS.Openbeta?

Under those folders you mention, in a folder named "scripts".

Edited by MAXsenna

I had a similar issue ; my guess is because I started on stable in the past then moved to OB and so I have a DCS directory in the saved games folder, not a DCS.openbeta directory. fixed by manually pointing to the dcs install directory, clicking the ob button in vaicompro; reset lua; close VA; remove scripts, repair dcs, start VA, copy the directory contents from DCS folder in saved games to the new DCS.openbeta folder there without overwriting anything -> start dcs

Edited by TwanV

New update new bugs.

WIN10

DCS 2.5.6.49314 Open Beta (Steam)

VAICOMPRO 2.5.18.1

On the Persian Gulf, Caucasus, Normandy maps, if I place a supercarrier unit no one planes/modules are recognized by the VAICOM plugin. If I delete it, everything works again

c353fd209c.jpg

f9dff5c3b6.jpg

So there is no way to use the F-14 + VAICOM AIRIO + carrier in one mission. I get message that "AIRIO commands are not available"

In some base fast missions, modules are not recognized by VAICOM too (although there is no aircraft carrier there).

All modules are recognized on Nevada map (No carriers - no problem!). So, think, it's not plugin setup issue

Edited by Theseus

Live Long and Prosper

So there is no way to use the F-14 + VAICOM AIRIO + carrier in one mission. I get message that "AIRIO commands are not available"

I am running standalone rather than Steam, but this works quite happily for me - I have just had a quick check flight and Jester was his normal chatty self while inbound to the SC. I think the cause is therefore that the module is not recognised

Have you tried the possible solutions in Hollywood's FAQs (possibly leaving the OB check box unticked as some Steam users have said this works for them)?

Edited by hornblower793

Have you tried the possible solutions in Hollywood's FAQs (possibly leaving the OB check box unticked as some Steam users have said this works for them)?

Yep, I tried all this solutions, it doesn't work in my case

Live Long and Prosper

YES! Got it working again. Tried numerous times, path, delete export.lua, repair.

No go. Decided to check stable. No go there as well.

Rebooted, started stable. Go

Started OB, Go!

Go figure....

Software.....

i never get this damn thing to work use PTT and not responding in game waste of money tbh
Do you have your joystick buttons double-bound? PTT works very reliably if set correctly.

Happy to help try and sort this for you - which version of DCS are you running, and is it steam or standalone?