VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Can not select frequency which I want

I bought vaicom few month ago, it's very nice APP. But I have a problem I can't solve that I can't change frequency with command. For example, when it is easy communication on, I called "batumi" "select" “inbound". It choosen nearest airport reply like "Sochi". However,if I put two tankers in a mission, I called "arco,select. It works. I call another tanker, frequency will change as correct. " My English is not well, I don't know even you understand my problem.

Unable to edit commands

I am trying to change ground power on to Chief connect the ground power by hitting add new. I did the finish, AI keyword, left CTRL A then delete then left CTRL V and did the replacement. It shows ground power on1 and then a different shows chief connect the ground power. But if I want to do one for chief disconnect the ground power it only lets me have one. Also when I say chief it’s now unrecognized. Manual says I can edit to my liking with pro which is what I have. Am I missing something?

I have two questions so please help me answer them if you can:

1. sometimes when i join MP server, my vaicom doesnt recognize my aircraft..How to fix that - do i have to close DCS, then find the same server and join to restart voice attack?

2 When i use nvidia RTX voice (util to remove background noise) - my microphone gets muted? Is there a way to have Nvidia rtx voice active and voice attack working at the same time?

https://imgur.com/LFgEPDh

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

I bought vaicom few month ago, it's very nice APP. But I have a problem I can't solve that I can't change frequency with command. For example, when it is easy communication on, I called "batumi" "select" “inbound". It choosen nearest airport reply like "Sochi". However,if I put two tankers in a mission, I called "arco,select. It works. I call another tanker, frequency will change as correct. " My English is not well, I don't know even you understand my problem.
Please start a new thread. Did you add airports names to the dictionary with a pronunciation?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Please start a new thread. Did you add airports names to the dictionary with a pronunciation?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I DOWNLOAD TAPATALK how to send it to you? I serchedANE-lx1,can not find anything.

When i use nvidia RTX voice (util to remove background noise) - my microphone gets muted? Is there a way to have Nvidia rtx voice active and voice attack working at the same time?

https://imgur.com/LFgEPDh

I think you will need to change the VA Audio options to use RTX for the microphone.

If this does not solve it, please open a new thread in the VAICOM forum specifically for this problem - it will make it easier for us to see that help is required and for any other users with a similar problem to see the answers

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

+++ plugin update 2.5.20 +++

Plugin version 2.5.20 includes compatibility update for DCS 2.5.6 Stable.

If needed, run a DCS Repair first.

The update includes some minor tweaks and fixes.

Also included as a new addition the VAICOMPRO.exe app (see manual page 38 ).

Grtz

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Grtz

VACOM PRO APP. Nice! :thumbup:

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Grtz

Nice addition, thanks!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Grtz

The app addition sounds really nice. The part about restarting VA in case it crashes is a huge QOL upgrade right there. You guys keep getting better and better.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Hi Hollywood,

really dissapointed with vaicompro and yak-52 module.

I just get working on old stable version but today after update to the new DCS stable version i lost vaicompro working with yak-52.

I tried all fixes described here and i cant get ptt in vaicompro recognize my yak-52

All rest of modules working fine, i tried from reinstalling totally DCS, voiceattack, deleting .lua savedgames files, reparing dcs, , INSTALLED NEW VAICOMPRO VERSION (2.5.20) etc...

It is frustrating, i play dcs with samsung oddysey VR.

Some suggestions? i bought all vaicompro modules.

thanks in advance

Edited by zkorpio

Hi,Hollywood, I am a Chinese player. I bought this vaicom three month ago. It is a so outstanding App, but I have a problem. When my DCS language set Chinese,most of function are normly except ATC frequency select by command. If I set DCS language English, all work well. Most Chinese player English are not well, key setting in English is vere inconvinient. would you update for this ? Look forward your reply.

VAICOMPRO seems to get my radio calls but does not activate anything in DCS

VAICOMPRO seems to get my radio calls but does not activate anything in DCS.

This does not seem to be the typical "run as admin", "module not detected"/"install path" issue.

I know this is a long post but I wanted to describe the issue as thorough as possible for you to better understand what I'm experiencing.

I really wanted this to work for me to increase immersion in VR specifically (thanks to Hollywood for providing such a tool!) and invested a lot of energy in it (speech recognition training, installing, configuring & troubleshooting the software). I spent so much time with troubleshooting and testing each and every possible hint found in the manuals, FAQ and in various posts on the internet ... time that should have been gone into flying in DCS :). Meanwhile I'm really about to give up on this ... please help!

Following along a test session, you could see the following happening in my VoiceAttack log in an F/A-18C mission on Kutaisi runway (1st message at the bottom, [black]=VAICOM Debug message):

[black] 4:02:42.795 Captured sentence: kutaisi 411 request takeoff

[green] 4:02:42.791 Recognized : 'Kutaisi 411 request takeoff' (contains 'kutaisi') (Confidence 73)

[green] 4:02:42.791 Recognized : 'Kutaisi 411 request takeoff' (contains 'request takeoff') (Confidence 73)

[blue] 4:02:42.418 Listening suspended

[green] 4:02:42.375 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'

[black] 4:02:38.795 TX1 | COMM1: ARC-210 AM 134.000 MHz tuned for ATC unit Kutaisi [AI]

[blue] 4:02:38.586 Listening resumed

[green] 4:02:38.538 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'

I can see that VAICOMPRO is somehow connected to DCS because it

1. properly identifies the module I'm using (tested with F/A-18 and F-16)

2. I get VAICOMPRO debug messages in the VoiceAttack log that proof I'm communicating on the right frequencies for the intended recipient (see above "TX1 | COMM1: ARC-210 AM 134.000 MHz tuned for ATC unit Kutaisi [AI]")

3. "sees" ATC communication that happens when I use the menus and shows it in VoiceAttack log like

3:19:14.284 ATC (Batumi): 111, taxi to parking area

3:17:34.281 ATC (Batumi): 111, Batumi, check landing gear, runway 13

3:14:47.762 ATC (Batumi): 111, cleared for visual, contact tower

3:14:31.732 ATC (Batumi): 111, Batumi, fly heading 283 for 6, QFE 29.89, runway 13, to pattern altitude

SADLY, it relays none of my requests to DCS (even though VAICOMPRO seemed to understand it according to the debug message "captured sentence:...").

None of my radio transmissions is repeated in DCS (like you see on the Youtube videos) and I never get any reply (text oder audio) on anything (chief, atc/tower, ...).

I can hear the short white noise sounds when pressing and releasing TX trigger buttons, but other than that, I do not hear any "Audio Hints" (this preference is turned on) which would confirm proper handling or point to an error. I also activated AOCS Auto Brief and although the VoiceAttack log shows the message "[purple] 3:59:16.416 AOCS: Starting mission briefing readout." I cannot hear the readout or see according messages.

On the other hand, I'm hearing the VAICOMPRO chatter loud and clear so there should be no problem with the sound going to a wrong device (?).

Running the current versions (as of date May 31st 2020):

standalone DCS stable 2.5.6.49798,

VoiceAttack 1.8.5,

VAICOMPRO 2.5.20.0 with PRO, AIRIO & chatter license

• VoiceAttack is running as Admin (my Windows account has Admin rights so basically everything including DCS is running as Admin)
  • deleted the export.lua (although I'm not using any other mods that could interfere)
  • setting the custom DCS path in Config including registry update. I even checked that the according .lua files have been put in the right places (according to the VAICOMPRO manual) in the DCS install folder and were appended correctly where they should be as far as I can judge that.
  • VoiceAttack.exe opened up in (Norton) firewall
  • VAICOMPRO.exe also running as watchdog and opened up in (Norton) firewall (just in case :) ) I had a DCS repair running (cleaning any user mods)
  • no other mods like Garmin NS430 in use at all

I'm out of ideas here ...

Any hint on what might be going wrong here is really appreciated. Thanks in advance!

VAICOMPRO seems to get my radio calls but does not activate anything in DCS.

I'm out of ideas here ...

Any hint on what might be going wrong here is really appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I have opened a separate thread for this so we can help you more effectively - please look in there for responses

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4362898#post4362898

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

"Request takeoff" can be a bit of a funny one, as it appears to be context sensitive and so, when it is not the time for that command, DCS will appear to be ignoring you. Maybe try "request taxi to runway" or even "request startup" to get the ball running or taxi to the threshold of the runway before saying "request takeoff".

Greyman, thanks for the reply! I'm aware that this is context sensitive and I also tried what you suggested. Also of course checked that comms are on and I'm on the right frequency. But I do not get any reply. Also "chief, …" for ground control is not working :(

Would a feature where you could transcribe comms on kneeboard be feasible as a future product? As in filling out a 9-Line card with the appropriate text

Gear

TM Warthog | TM MFD | Buddyfox UFC | Logitech G Pro Flight Rudder | TrackIr 5 | Oculus CV1 | Voiceattack+VAICOM | Tacview | Comatflite | too many modules

Would a feature where you could transcribe comms on kneeboard be feasible as a future product? As in filling out a 9-Line card with the appropriate text

There is already a scratchpad available and several people, including me, have written VA commands to send text to it. Probably not as automated as you may be thinking

what a great addition - thank you, hollywood!

maybe this is already in plans, but do you think it would be feasible to have a taskbar-popup menu letting us switch between profiles? this way -i hope- we could easily switch PTT joystick mappings per aircraft module.

Vaicom Pro already automatically selects the most appropriate PTT buttons for each aircraft. For example, the Hornet just uses 2 of the PTT buttons (forward and down for radio 1 and radio 2 respectively on a WH HOTAS). The other PTT buttons are disabled.

For the example above, are you suggesting that this might be changed so that you would be able to press different buttons for the two radios, than you might for any other aircraft with the same 2 PTT mappings or would you be happy with the aircraft specific defaults that VP already selects?