VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

...are you suggesting that this might be changed so that you would be able to press different buttons for the two radios, than you might for any other aircraft with the same 2 PTT mappings or would you be happy with the aircraft specific defaults that VP already selects?

yes. the real hardware/HOTAS switches used for PTT vary from one a/c to another, and i like to replicate that on my HOTAS. AFAIK currently the only way to change PTT -> TX mapping is editing the profile within voice attack, i.e. re-mapping the TX nodes to one's HOTAS switches. I thought the VAICOM app launcher could be a good opportunity to overcome this by saving different VAICOM profiles (with different TX mappings) for every a/c. any profile could then (hopefully) be loaded via popup menu from the app's taskbar icon.

hope that makes sense...

yes. the real hardware/HOTAS switches used for PTT vary from one a/c to another, and i like to replicate that on my HOTAS. AFAIK currently the only way to change PTT -> TX mapping is editing the profile within voice attack, i.e. re-mapping the TX nodes to one's HOTAS switches. I thought the VAICOM app launcher could be a good opportunity to overcome this by saving different VAICOM profiles (with different TX mappings) for every a/c. any profile could then (hopefully) be loaded via popup menu from the app's taskbar icon.

hope that makes sense...

Yes, i now understand, but whether and when it can be done is a question, that I guess only Hollywood_315 will be able to answer.

There's many ways to go about this. You can e.g. change your TX mapping dynamically to different physical keys in a single profile using the plugins Exposed Variables.

Alternatively, you can use different TARGET profiles for different aircraft etc.

thanks for the info! i guess using TARGET is not an option for me, as i like to keep my controls DX-only...but will have a look at exposed variables.

anyway thanks :thumbup:

No worries. For those that are interested in TARGET stuff let me take this opportunity to recommend the stellar work by @Homefries, make sure to check out this thread here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116454

I can only concur! Home Fries really rocks it.

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

There's many ways to go about this. You can e.g. change your TX mapping dynamically to different physical keys in a single profile using the plugins Exposed Variables.

Alternatively, you can use different TARGET profiles for different aircraft etc.

I do this with a voice command in Voice Attack. Made a VA profile for solely VAICOM profile switching along with the Exposed Variables, that I made global in VA. "Switch profile", takes a few seconds though, and one must be in the cockpit of course.

Cannot make it work with the Ka-50 though. Argument is "Ka-50". For the other helis I just use helicopters, as they are basically all the same.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

thanks for the info! i guess using TARGET is not an option for me, as i like to keep my controls DX-only...but will have a look at exposed variables.

anyway thanks :thumbup:

Hello @HILOK

This was my own gripe with TARGET but since I've found a hack in this forums to Use up to 132 DX inputs plus the directional Hat with it, I'm back at using it and it's great. This is actually one of the functions I have in my TARGET profile, I use the same DX inputs for VAICOM TXs and I swap that input around my HOTAS depending on the AC I'm flying.

Is VAICOM working for the 109? Couldn't make it work today.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Voice commands not working when voice attack does not have focus

Hi Guys,

I'm not even sure where to start searching for a solution on this one, I've never had an issue before now, and I've run out of ideas.

For some reason, I can only get Viacom/voice attack to recognise any commands when it has the focus in-game, that is it's being displayed on top of the current game; when it is it works flawlessly. As soon as its no longer in focus (behind the active game) nothing works. I can still see the key presses, but it's not registering the receipt of any commands, almost like my mic on the headset is also losing focus of the application.

Its been a while between games and the last time I played the chat settings in DCSD were not a thing. Have there been any reports of this new DCS feature messing with VIACOM?

Cheers

MSI Z170X-Gaming 5, Intel 6700K, 32G RAM, RTX2080ti, Samsung SSD gaming drive, Samsung SSD System drive, RIFT CV1, TM Warthog Hotas, TPR peddles, Gamtrix Jetseat

Hi Guys,

I'm not even sure where to start searching for a solution on this one, I've never had an issue before now, and I've run out of ideas.

For some reason, I can only get Viacom/voice attack to recognise any commands when it has the focus in-game, that is it's being displayed on top of the current game; when it is it works flawlessly. As soon as its no longer in focus (behind the active game) nothing works. I can still see the key presses, but it's not registering the receipt of any commands, almost like my mic on the headset is also losing focus of the application.

Its been a while between games and the last time I played the chat settings in DCSD were not a thing. Have there been any reports of this new DCS feature messing with VIACOM?

Cheers

VAICOM talks behind the scene directly with DCS. No keypresses and active window shouldn't be a thing. But Voice Attack with another profile needs to know where to send keypresses. 2 ways. Active window is always default, or edit profile and choose correct program.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

TLDR; VAICOM, SRS, and hornet are broken right now?

Hi all, I have a bug right now. I tried turning on the SRS integration and am having some success. However there are some problems happening.

I first noticed the problem in the Hornet. I was trying to have the dynamic VOIP switching for SRS work, but it does not block the SRS PTT.

I have no idea if this problem is even VAICOM, it could very well be SRS, but my instinct tells me it's VAICOM. This is reproduce able in the A-10c. It's an interesting case because 2 of three radios will work properly, but AN/ARC-186 FM has the same problem.

TX1, TX2, will flicker srs on and off, and it will allow switching. This is reflected in the configuration window RLY light and tone.

TX3/AN/ARC-186 FM/Radio 3 will not pass the stop command to SRS, when this is held down, it goes parallel broadcast to voice attack and SRS.

This is the problem I'm having in the F-18c and other modules. The a-10 isn't so bad, because i can use the other 2 radios for VAICOM, but the hornet is forcing me back to using separate keybinds.

There is also the possibility I'm doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE: Can't reliably replicate as stated. In A-10c, Now 2 of 3 radios are parallel broadcast.

Also, the tx5 in the hornet is now allowing dynamic switch. Is this as intended?

Thanks for all the hard work. Love this software.

Edited by Zetrocker

Hi @MAXsenna, thanks for the tips, gave me something else to check. I can confirm that my VIACOM profile has the "send commands to this target" set to Active Window. I even loaded a fresh VIACOM profile just to make sure it stayed the same.

I also might not have been very clear the last time, when I said I could see the keypresses (meaning MIC actions). The is being passed to voice attack fine (tuned in-cockpit radio is being picked up) while it's behind the game. The only part which doesn't happen while voice attacks is minimised/behind the active game is the voice commands are not being passed through to voice attack. Its almost like my mic is being hijacked by something else in DCS, which is why I asked about the DCS built-in chat feature.

Anyway thanks again, its appreciated; I'll keep digging around for a bit longer and then maybe give a re-install of my headset drivers and voice attack a go.

oh, this only seems to affect voice attack (viacom) I can still use SRS and other chat programs like DISCORD fine.

really confusing me this one

Cheers

MSI Z170X-Gaming 5, Intel 6700K, 32G RAM, RTX2080ti, Samsung SSD gaming drive, Samsung SSD System drive, RIFT CV1, TM Warthog Hotas, TPR peddles, Gamtrix Jetseat

Oh - I also forgot to mention that I reset the export profile as well and removed everything else from it leaving only Viacom in there

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Are you using Steam or Standalone?

In voice attack settings, audio tab, is it set to the actual device or some virtual device like steam audio?

If you have the recording device visible, can you see the audio input from the expected device?

Edited by Zetrocker

Are you using Steam or Standalone?

In voice attack settings, audio tab, is it set to the actual device or some virtual device like steam audio?

If you have the recording device visible, can you see the audio input from the expected device?

Hey Zetrocker, using standalone, and confirmed using actual device and that it's working. I thought for a bit that there was some conflict between my Logitech cam which has a mic, but this has now been removed.

News flash:

I was able to get it working this afternoon. The example adds possibly to something trying to claim my headset mic.

Senario:

1. Loaded voice attack and confirmed I could both receive audio and transmit through my headset

2. Loaded DCS and lost both audio reception and couldn't transmit.

3. Restarted voice attack and test again; to my surprise it worked.

I'm not able to test anymore tonight, but this result is more then I had before, so I'm encouraged.

I'm not seeing any errors within voice attack

Cheers

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

@Zetrocker In SRS Client there's a setting Allow VAICOM TX Inhibit, make sure it's set to ON.

I went through the manual and set it up to spec.

At this point it seems to jump around which radio it works with. Sometimes its flawless, sometimes it's just one radio that wont snap off relay. So far TX5 seems to be reliable. No idea if that would help.

UPDATE:

I can no longer replicate the bug at all. It seems to be working.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MORE UPDATE:

Possibly related to Discord. Will make new post if i can consistently recreate the bug. O7

Edited by Zetrocker

So ... Will, there be an option to have Working Jester wheel in the future or is it gonna stay on "Wish list" forever?

If it's a software limitation how did it work before as some people said and how can it be in the wishlist if it's really a software limitation?

I just like a confirmation since my refund attempts have failed and I'm never gonna use this plugin, rather use Voice attack instead if jester wheel stays disabled while using it, so I would rather give it away to someone who would use it ...

Edited by Rlaxoxo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Hello Hollywood,

UPDATE: disregard this report, I have completely overlooked that there was somehow a DX button assigned to Chatter in the VA profile,... how I did not see this all this time?! consider this message not a bug

It appears that with version 2.5.20.0 (release) after a period of time of having VAICOM PRO active in Windows 10, automatically the RADIO CHATTER is being activated, while this setting is disabled.

This has happened to me also when DCS is active, at random times, while this setting is disabled.

Could you please look into it?

Thanks for this awesome tool! :D

Edited by Scuby

| AMD RYZEN 5900X | INNO3D RTX 4080 ICHILL | G.SKILL 3200-C14 32GB | ASUS X570-E GAMING | LG 27GP850 2K/QHD |
| TM HOTAS COUGAR | VPC WARBRD BASE | MFG CROSSWIND V2 | G.TRIX JETSEAT KW908 | HP REVERB G2 |

YouTube: ScubyFlying

Hello Hollywood,

It appears that when in the Editor, the user is not always able to keep the intended "segment" locked to his newly created phrase:

For the segment "Request Taxi to Runway"

When specifically the phrase "Request Taxi to Runway" is copied by ADD NEW (Request Taxi to Runway1),

Followed by editing this newly added phrase to "Request Taxi" according to recommended procedure,

The segment is automatically being changed to "Request Taxi for Takeoff".

I reckon that the output in 3D will be the same, however according to the manual page 54, these phrases (Request Taxi to Runway and Request Taxi for Takeoff) appear to be categorized seperately as well. I'd expect them to be combined as aliasses.

Would you consider coding user ability to lock a specific segment?

Cheers,

Scuby

p.s. I have complete VAICOM PRO / modules package.

| AMD RYZEN 5900X | INNO3D RTX 4080 ICHILL | G.SKILL 3200-C14 32GB | ASUS X570-E GAMING | LG 27GP850 2K/QHD |
| TM HOTAS COUGAR | VPC WARBRD BASE | MFG CROSSWIND V2 | G.TRIX JETSEAT KW908 | HP REVERB G2 |

YouTube: ScubyFlying

Anyone else no longer hears the confirmation beeps and the squelch? Really miss that, if anyone has a fix, please do tell me.

Thanks. :)

When this happens to me and everything else in the plug-in is working pretty much as expected, restarting voice-attack (and therefore viacom) seems to bring the squelch back. Seems there are fixes that are a bit of a 'hit and miss' so good luck!

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]