VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Noob question here - I started DCS about 6 weeks ago and only had the stable version loaded. Since then, I've added Voice Attack and VAICOM Pro and been a happy camper. This weekend I saw the new Hornet updates and decided to go do the Open Beta thing and used the DCS Updater Utility to switch my install over to the OB. First time I ran VAICOM, I checked and it was still pointed at my non-standard install location (E:\Games\DCS World), I switched to "openbeta" on the Config page and seemed to run fine. Started today and VAICOM says it can't find a valid install. So re-pointed the path to the correct place and seems to run fine. Is there something else I should've done when switching to the OB to make VAICOM more happy? Do I need to switch it to openbeta in Config, or does it matter?

Thanks,

Chris P

'Nascar'

Raleigh NC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hey thanks a lot for sharing these instructions! i will see, if i can make that work tomorrow, and report back. have you tried leaving the "alias1" as is, and edit the profile in an advanced editor like notes++, then replace all instances of "alias1" with the new phrase? -if that makes sense...this way you could actually verify, what you are doing?

You can also start typing your new alias by placing the cursor at the beginning of 'alias1' without selecting the whole of 'alias1'. When done typing, tap delete until 'alias1' is deleted. Then hit apply. This avoids the Notepad++ dance. As long as you don't overwrite a fully selected 'alias1', you can avoid the issue as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Noob question here - I started DCS about 6 weeks ago and only had the stable version loaded. Since then, I've added Voice Attack and VAICOM Pro and been a happy camper. This weekend I saw the new Hornet updates and decided to go do the Open Beta thing and used the DCS Updater Utility to switch my install over to the OB. First time I ran VAICOM, I checked and it was still pointed at my non-standard install location (E:\Games\DCS World), I switched to "openbeta" on the Config page and seemed to run fine. Started today and VAICOM says it can't find a valid install. So re-pointed the path to the correct place and seems to run fine. Is there something else I should've done when switching to the OB to make VAICOM more happy? Do I need to switch it to openbeta in Config, or does it matter?

Thanks,

Chris,

It might be that the Windows registry also needs to be fixed -use the checkbox next to the custom path in VAICOM config to do this.

The sliders will really matter each time ED changes things behind the scenes that affect how VAICOM has to interact

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

You can also start typing your new alias by placing the cursor at the beginning of 'alias1' without selecting the whole of 'alias1'. When done typing, tap delete until 'alias1' is deleted. Then hit apply. This avoids the Notepad++ dance. As long as you don't overwrite a fully selected 'alias1', you can avoid the issue as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true. Used to do this as well. But I find the copy way quicker and more controlled. But whatever does it the best way for you!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

hey thanks a lot for sharing these instructions! i will see, if i can make that work tomorrow, and report back. have you tried leaving the "alias1" as is, and edit the profile in an advanced editor like notes++, then replace all instances of "alias1" with the new phrase? -if that makes sense...this way you could actually verify, what you are doing?

Okay. Had to re-read to understand.

Well, one do not get "alias1" of course. That was just an example. One will get "ATC1" or "Winger1".

One cannot edit the Voice Attack database. I have asked in the Discord. But one can export, edit and import the Voice Attack profiles I think.

But cumbersome.

One can of course export from VAICOM control panel, edit, and import. Might be the best solution, but maybe redundant, as you get a lot of "whatever1", and not "whateverAlias1".

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

It might be that the Windows registry also needs to be fixed -use the checkbox next to the custom path in VAICOM config to do this.

The sliders will really matter each time ED changes things behind the scenes that affect how VAICOM has to interact

Thanks. I'm pretty sure I used the registry fix checkbox but will check again next time I start up.

Chris P

'Nascar'

Raleigh NC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Plugin 2.5.21 is updated to host AIRIO 2.5.8, it includes new ATCs for the Channel map and has various fixes.

AIRIO 2.5.8 has a range of compatibility fixes for DCS 2.5.6 and includes Supercarrier support. Enjoy!

:thumbup:

Much thanks!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I don't understand something. I updated my VP and did the control a, delete paste dance and all I got was the cancel button highlighted. my word count before and after the update remained at 968. What am I doing wrong?

Should I just reinstall the entire VP dll?

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Plugin 2.5.21 is updated to host AIRIO 2.5.8, it includes new ATCs for the Channel map and has various fixes.

AIRIO 2.5.8 has a range of compatibility fixes for DCS 2.5.6 and includes Supercarrier support. Enjoy!

Thanks!

However I have still some troubles now you added supercarrier names:

I can't use TACAN TUNE [Lincoln] : command is nerver recognized. It's as he only wants to interpret something like Tacan Tune frequency. So I end up with stuff like:

7:55:01.736 TX4 | AUTO: [ RIO ],[ ],[ ] TACAN Tune 09Y [ ] [ ]

If I say the opposite [Lincoln] Tacan tune, everything is recognized but it has no effect on tacan frequency.

7:55:55.239 Done.

7:55:55.222 Constructing message...

7:55:55.207 TX5 | ICS: [ CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln ] , [ TACAN Tune TAC ]

7:55:55.193 Have result, identified as command: TACAN Tune

7:55:55.187 Captured sentence: tacan tune

7:55:55.183 Recognized : 'tacan tune'

7:55:53.328 (awaiting additional input)

7:55:53.323 Have result, identified as recipient: Lincoln

7:55:53.312 Captured sentence: lincoln

7:55:53.308 Recognized : 'lincoln'

And for the link host command, it is recognized but has no effect on the frequency tuned by Jester: (I only get the info message not the Jester acknowledge.

7:56:29.137 Done.

7:56:29.129 Constructing message...

7:56:29.119 TX5 | ICS: [ CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln ] , [ Datalink Set Host ]

7:56:29.112 Have result, identified as command: Link Host

7:56:29.107 Have result, identified as recipient: Lincoln

7:56:29.100 Captured sentence: link host lincoln

7:56:29.095 Recognized : 'link host Lincoln' (contains 'lincoln')

7:56:29.095 Recognized : 'link host Lincoln' (contains 'link host')

Also Link Tune 0 7 decimal 2 is for exemple perfeclt recognized, Jester acknoledges, but frequency is never really changed in RIO seat.

Hope it helps find the issue!

Thanks

- Update your keywords with the FINISH steps.

- Say the command in one go and in the right order e.g. "Link Host Lincoln".

Hope that helps grtz

Also manual DL Tune works. Make sure your plugin is 2.5.21 and AIRIO.dll is 2.5.8.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Hi,

New user here - great tool but I have an issue.

Everything is working - I can use commands in DCS, but the Editor menu seems corrupted:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/3s1qru7omxrhzfr/Vaicom.JPG/file

What am I doing wrong?

W7 64 and I have installed the required .Net and did the W7 registry fix.

Thank you

Mac

W10 64

I7 4790k o/c to 4.6Ghz

Asus Maximus Ranger VII

24gb DDR3 RAM @ 2133

Asus Strix 1080ti OC

ASUS ROG G-sync 27" monitor

DCS on M2 drive Samsung 960 Pro

MS FFB2 with F-16 grip

CH pro throttle

MFG Crosswind pedals

TrackIR 5

3 x Bodnar button & axis boxes

- Update your keywords with the FINISH steps.

- Say the command in one go and in the right order e.g. "Link Host Lincoln".

Hope that helps grtz

Also manual DL Tune works. Make sure your plugin is 2.5.21 and AIRIO.dll is 2.5.8.

For some reason it updated one library but not RIO. After second restart it updated it as well and everything is now corrected and working.

Super thanks!

Resetting your desktop theme to default should do the trick.

Be aware though that Win7/8 is no longer officially supported for the plugin.

Yes that worked, thank you - I run classic not aero desktop but changing to aero made everything work

Thank you!

W10 64

I7 4790k o/c to 4.6Ghz

Asus Maximus Ranger VII

24gb DDR3 RAM @ 2133

Asus Strix 1080ti OC

ASUS ROG G-sync 27" monitor

DCS on M2 drive Samsung 960 Pro

MS FFB2 with F-16 grip

CH pro throttle

MFG Crosswind pedals

TrackIR 5

3 x Bodnar button & axis boxes

Anyone else no longer hears the confirmation beeps and the squelch? :)

... noticed similar issue here but for me, it's just the first 'beep' which is missing - did you get it fixed?

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

I have an issue with Viacom. For some reason it is disabling the role selection screen in all my multi AC missions. SP is fine, MP including role selection is fine, but all local multi aircraft mission role selection screens are entirely absent upon loading.

If I close Viacom and repair DCS everything returns to normal upon repeated restarts of DCS. If I open Viacom again it reverts to corrupted.

This problem also effects the mission editor. If I place one AC the mission is flyable. I If I place multiple then all "flyable" AC are entirely absent.

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

P-47

Is the P-47 supported yet? I have noticed that this plane does not appear on the config screen probably becuase it is new. I don't think I am missing any updates, but maybe there is something I need to do. I'm fairly new at viacom! Thanks

Is the P-47 supported yet? I have noticed that this plane does not appear on the config screen probably becuase it is new. I don't think I am missing any updates, but maybe there is something I need to do. I'm fairly new at viacom! Thanks
Not yet - suggestion from @Hollywood_315 is to try easy comms on with it at the moment

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hi @hollywood.

Can't use edit or other functions of editor since last update.

Add aliases or other features buttons in editor are without effect.

Any idea?

Fund the problem.

Was related to wrong registry settings for dcs path. I use Beta and was on stable switch in config. My bad. ;)

Edited by Trollray
Find solution

When this happens to me and everything else in the plug-in is working pretty much as expected, restarting voice-attack (and therefore viacom) seems to bring the squelch back. Seems there are fixes that are a bit of a 'hit and miss' so good luck!

Worked. Thanks mate!

Is it appearing regularly and then disappearing on its own? If so, then look at the FAQs and try the solutions there since this is a known configuration issue.

Hello. In the FAQ for 'Blinking menu' I only see to check DCS install path, which I did both in the settings and in the registry. My Vaicom works fine otherwise. I always get 'Intercom' menu popping up when I'm killed in F18 8v8 BVR Quick Mission. In other missions too, now and then, also 'Intercom', which I don't even have mapped in DCS (but use in Vaicom to call ground crew). Any other solutions?

Edited by impalor

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR