VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

After the last patch, when i press the designated button to send commands to vaicom, the ingame communicationmenue pops up. Also when i not hit that button and say a command. No command is applyed. I deleted all keybindings for ingame communication but the menue opens allways when i try to perform a command via vaicom.

The Releaqse-Version works flawlessly.

Greetings

After the last patch, when i press the designated button to send commands to vaicom, the ingame communicationmenue pops up. Also when i not hit that button and say a command. No command is applyed. I deleted all keybindings for ingame communication but the menue opens allways when i try to perform a command via vaicom.

The Releaqse-Version works flawlessly.

Greetings

Are your VAICOM config sliders set to match the version of DCS you are running?

Have you tried deleting Export.lua

Also try setting the custom path to point to the install folder for the DCS install you are running and tick the fix registry box

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Has anyone been able to export the entries in the VA box automatically to a .txt file? I'm looking to have the comms entries exported to a .txt (VR Scratchpad) so I can refer to coordinates/intructions etc, but have to manually copy/paste right now.

Nice idea. Would love to have this, too. :thumbup:

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Has anyone been able to export the entries in the VA box automatically to a .txt file? I'm looking to have the comms entries exported to a .txt (VR Scratchpad) so I can refer to coordinates/intructions etc, but have to manually copy/paste right now.
No, but I have set up VA voice commands so i can dictate to the scratchpad (a read back if you like) and I just repeat the instructions to it

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I have recently purchased vaicom pro and I am really enjoying it. I am only struggling with MP setup. I have MP enabled, SRS integration and PTT mapping. Furthermore, I use dynamic switching but neither switch command or auto works.

Every time I connect to SRS, and I start speaking I hear the MP sound notification almost immediately and in PTT tab the RLY lights.

I have setup SRS with same PTT as with Vaicom in VoiceAttack. What am I missing?

So I now have a working Jester Wheel while using Vaicom! :) Is this By design (Hope so)? When was it added. I really wish @Hollywood_315 could provide a better change log between versions. The side bar in the manual doesn't cover everything. And "Various Fixes" is too little information, specially when we report bugs but never quite get the feedback of when the fix is implemented.

Excuse me guys ...how can i add startup command to AIRIO? it doesn't recnognize it

From the VA log, is "startup" not being recognised with a sufficient confidence level or is it being misinterpreted as another word(s)? Either way, maybe try opening the MS speech recognition dictionary and adding an entry for "startup" along with a recording of your pronunciation of the word.

Alternatively, is it recognising the word "startup" and VP/DCS does not appear to be responding as it should? If this is the case, then it may be that the AIRIO commands are still to be copied into the Vaicom profile, using the Finish steps. Go to the Editor tab on the config dialog (ctrl-alt-c) and press the finish button, which will probably be highlighted in yellow. That will bring up a dialogue that will tell you what to do to to complete the process.

I have the "Use custom DCS Path: checked even though it is the default path... C:Progrm Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta. This did not correct my issue... the menu continues to cycle and although what I say is recognized... nothing happens in game.

I have the "Use custom DCS Path: checked even though it is the default path... C:Progrm Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta. This did not correct my issue... the menu continues to cycle and although what I say is recognized... nothing happens in game.
Well. Did you close DCS? Select correct path custome path (you say you do) and the slider to OB? Close Voice Attack. Delete export.lua, repair DCS, let it delete files. Start Voice Attack, start DCS.

You sure you did all this, exactly like this?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Stupid question time :) I'm considering getting VIACOM to go along with VA. The question is can I still use it to control aspects of the aircraft, like the gear or tailhook? Or is VIACOM used exclusively for radio type use? Thanks :)

In short, the second one.

Although Vaicom (please note the spelling) is focused on the voice control of radio comms, if you want to control other aspects of the aircraft, like flaps, gear, etc, VoiceAttack does allow you to daisy-chain another profile(s).

Just bought this and want to set it up for multiplayer with SRS integration. Is my understanding correct that in order to speak over SRS I have to first issue a VAICOM command while holding the TX down and then after the command is complete continuing to hold the TX will cause the SRS to broadcast publicly? Or Is there some sort of toggle I am missing? I’d like to be able to also transmit on SRS just by itself.

Also, in going through the training mode using the editor more for all the words, Most are recognized correctly but the ones that begin with “select” are really problematic.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

Also, in going through the training mode using the editor more for all the words, Most are recognized correctly but the ones that begin with “select” are really problematic.

Have you tried addi g Select to the Microsoft speech dictionary? If you have, have you tried leaving a slightly longer gap between select and the next word in the command?

If neither of the above work what does Vaicom think you are saying?

Have you tried addi g Select to the Microsoft speech dictionary? If you have, have you tried leaving a slightly longer gap between select and the next word in the command?

If neither of the above work what does Vaicom think you are saying?

I haven't used or changed at least intentionally the Microsoft Speech system other than the initial training it asked me to do when I first installed voice attack and VAICOM the other day. I'll try speaking it with a better gap.

Ok, just retried again from the editor page without DCS running. It works fine if VoiceAttack is the window in focus, but this doesn't allow you to cursor through the list. If the window in focus is the VAICOM app which allows you to cursor through the terms, then it does one of two things, It either:

1. interprets "select" as "selecting", or

2. pops up an alternates panel that gives different choice, like "elect BDU' or "select EDU" or "collect BDU", etc.

I'm not sure why the alternates panel comes up at all, but it doesn't if voice attack is in focus.

When I am doing this, is it learning to better understand my voice or just train me to say the terms?

Thanks for this awesome software. I should have started using it a long time ago!

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

When you are voice training I would add the word to the Microsoft speech dictionary (right click on the Microsoft speech microphone and then select Open the Speech dictionary and then add the word.

In terms of training, it should do both and improve the more you use it. You can also go and use the Microsoft speech training option in Windows that will get you to read phrases into the microphone

When I am doing this, is it learning to better understand my voice or just train me to say the terms?

Thanks for this awesome software. I should have started using it a long time ago!

Throwing my 2 cents in here as well.

The ONLY training you can do is the initial reading of the paragraphs in Microsoft Speech Recognition. But you can do them as many times as you like. And the more you do it the more will it improve.

In VAICOM reading words from the Editor will only make you practise your pronunciation, nothing is saved relating to recognition.

But like Hornblower said, you should add difficult words, especially names of ships, airports and others directly to the MSSR dictionary. And ADD the recording of the word. But that is not training. You got one chance, so to speak. I've added both Batumi and Lochini. Is always recognized as Batumi anyway. (Go figure). So I added Tblisi as well. Adding phrases can also come in handy. Especially if there is a special word in the phrase it just doesn't understand.

I went the overkill way and added all words, and all phrases to the dictionary. Took me a week. Should have read more paragraphs in the training option.

Also remember. If you change microphone for some reason. You need to make a new MSSR profile, and do the training again. Not sure if the Dictionary are shared between profiles.

And yes, VAICOM is a fantastic piece of software. Use it every day!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Have a problem since last update.

Super Carrier Case 3 III landing Radios frequencies set properly when I say Inbound reply is "305 go to Alternate".

Seems to be contacting USS Arleigh Burke

7:17:18.739 305, go to alternate

7:05:12.990 TX2 | COMM2: ARC-210 AM 305.000 MHz: no tuned units.

7:17:07.778 Recipient for ATC set by call contents.

7:17:07.778 Identified unit: USS Arleigh Burke IIa with id 16777728

7:17:07.777 Getting selected unit for category ATC

7:17:07.777 Have result, identified as command: Inbound

7:17:07.777 Captured sentence: inbound

7:17:07.774 Recognized : 'inbound'

7:17:07.665 Joystick : 'Transmit TX2 release'

7:17:06.237 TX2 | COMM2: ARC-210 AM 127.500 MHz tuned for Supercarrier unit Theodore Roosevelt [AI]

7:17:06.012 Joystick : 'Transmit TX2 press'

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, G-Skill Z 3200mhz DDR4 @ 3333 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal