VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Thanks that worked.

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

Just bought this and want to set it up for multiplayer with SRS integration. Is my understanding correct that in order to speak over SRS I have to first issue a VAICOM command while holding the TX down and then after the command is complete continuing to hold the TX will cause the SRS to broadcast publicly? Or Is there some sort of toggle I am missing? I’d like to be able to also transmit on SRS just by itself.

Also, in going through the training mode using the editor more for all the words, Most are recognized correctly but the ones that begin with “select” are really problematic.

Did you find out how it works with SRS?

MP page looks like below but every time I press PTT, both SRS and in-game voice transmits ignoring the switch command.

I have setup the same hotas key for TX4 (auto) for both VoiceAttack and SRS. Additionally the setting in SRS are per the manual.

v1.png.c24cb1cf664736abca181b49931c7458.png

I can't seem to get TX6 to work properly. Whenever I press and hold the bound button, I immediately get both the "press" and "release" audio cues and VoiceAttack instantly starts and stops listening.

My joystick is definitely configured to allow for pressing and holding the button, but just in case the button itself was faulty I tried binding buttons known to work with TX 1-4 and I still had the same issue with them.

Using the keyboard binding does work as expected.

I can't seem to get TX6 to work properly. Whenever I press and hold the bound button, I immediately get both the "press" and "release" audio cues and VoiceAttack instantly starts and stops listening.

My joystick is definitely configured to allow for pressing and holding the button, but just in case the button itself was faulty I tried binding buttons known to work with TX 1-4 and I still had the same issue with them.

What hardware setup are you running and is the joystick mapped directly to the TX buttons or running through software emulating the keyboard shortcuts?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Exposed varables

Hi Hollywood,

Is it technically possible to have exposed variables for the DCS map being used and the player country/coalition?

Best,

Mac

W10 64

I7 4790k o/c to 4.6Ghz

Asus Maximus Ranger VII

24gb DDR3 RAM @ 2133

Asus Strix 1080ti OC

ASUS ROG G-sync 27" monitor

DCS on M2 drive Samsung 960 Pro

MS FFB2 with F-16 grip

CH pro throttle

MFG Crosswind pedals

TrackIR 5

3 x Bodnar button & axis boxes

I have found this issue as well. It only happens when using a DX button a keyboard stroke works fine. I am positive it's not an issue on my end because I've tried both assigning other DX buttons to TX6 and assigning those particular DX buttons to other TXs. They always work with other TXs and none will work with TX6.

I've raised the issue to @Hollywood_315 before, but he thought it would be something on the side of Voice Attack, and although I can see his reasoning, I don't see how that can be the case either as assigning the DX button always works correctly with TXs 1-5 or in other profiles I've made to Start/Stop VA listening, the problem is only with TX6 on the Vaicom profile.

What hardware setup are you running and is the joystick mapped directly to the TX buttons or running through software emulating the keyboard shortcuts?

For testing I used my Virpil T50-CM2 Throttle with all other USB devices removed.

Only direct binding of TX6 specifically is broken. Mapping the exact same buttons to virtual keyboard presses makes TX6 function normally. TX1-5 all work as expected with direct button bindings.

For testing I used my Virpil T50-CM2 Throttle with all other USB devices removed.

Only direct binding of TX6 specifically is broken. Mapping the exact same buttons to virtual keyboard presses makes TX6 function normally. TX1-5 all work as expected with direct button bindings.

I have found this issue as well. It only happens when using a DX button a keyboard stroke works fine. I am positive it's not an issue on my end because I've tried both assigning other DX buttons to TX6 and assigning those particular DX buttons to other TXs. They always work with other TXs and none will work with TX6.

For both of these is the 'Shortcut is invoked only when all buttons are released' option checked in the Select Joystick Buttons screen for the TX6 release action?

1102387895_Selectjoystickbuttons.png.aa7dc52e5931cd309480e3a1ebb39507.png

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

For both of these is the 'Shortcut is invoked only when all buttons are released' option checked in the Select Joystick Buttons screen for the TX6 release action?

That would be a YES for me. Does TX6 work with a DX button for you?

Looked through the manual but did not see anyway with AIRO to get Jester to change the ARC159 radio frequency. I can change it by using the Select command for the boat tanker, airfield etc I know.

Also is there a way to command him to change to a specific preset channel like can be done with Baileys F18 Voiceattack profile? With his you can say radio 1/2 channel 2,3, 8 etc and it will change to it. Makes it easy to have two channels in SRS up when flying with my group for my flight frequency and the A2A, A2G or LSO. I can toggle between them both then quickly change channels on one radio if needed.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

That would be a YES for me. Does TX6 work with a DX button for you?
Yes it does - if that option is not ticked then I get the same behaviour as you described

Looked through the manual but did not see anyway with AIRO to get Jester to change the ARC159 radio frequency. I can change it by using the Select command for the boat tanker, airfield etc I know.

Also is there a way to command him to change to a specific preset channel like can be done with Baileys F18 Voiceattack profile? With his you can say radio 1/2 channel 2,3, 8 etc and it will change to it. Makes it easy to have two channels in SRS up when flying with my group for my flight frequency and the A2A, A2G or LSO. I can toggle between them both then quickly change channels on one radio if needed.

I haven't tried it, but can you use SELECT CHANNEL <number> while holding the relevant PTT button?

Hi Hollywood, here's the problem I have since the DCS update just after your RIO update (that was working perfectly).

If I ask for link host Lincoln, it tunes for another unit.

1:27:36.168 Done. 
1:27:36.132 Constructing message... 
1:27:36.126 TX1 | VHF/UHF ARC-182: [ CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln ] ,  [ DL Host Lincoln ]   
1:27:36.120 Have result, identified as command: Link Host Lincoln
1:27:36.114 Have result, identified as recipient: Lincoln
1:27:36.108 Captured sentence: link host lincoln

This command tunes to 303.2 instead of 307.20

Attached is the kneeboard, from change log of DCS they indeed added new units to datalink (those units weren't present in the kneeboard in previous version).

Hope it helps!

freq.thumb.jpg.c3f3a4b7fc8760a5537fad27ad9ea483.jpg

"Select Channel 5".

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I have tried this and it doesn't work. I hear the beeps but nothing happens. The other commands seem to work fine for radio and tacan tuning.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Make sure your profile is up-to-date i.e. contains Radio Control commands. Use Config/export to get a fresh .vap file.

PTT mode NORM or MULTI.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I will do that tonight. One other thing I noticed is that every time I start vaicom I see that the reload and Finish buttons are yellow and prompting me to update. Is this just because it is being updated all the time or have I missed something in the setup?

Set your TXs like hollywood said and use TX1 for the ARC159

Remember this is now a AIRIO command as Jester has no controls in the Back for the ARC-159.

Edited by lxsapper

Yes it does - if that option is not ticked then I get the same behaviour as you described

I feel stupid now, I verified this yesterday and I was sure it was set. Anyway got it working now... :music_whistling:

Vaicom databases FUBARd

While trying to get databases/commands updated I have mucked them up totally. I have updated to ver 2.8...22, but I don't have any commands available. How can I get an up-to-date command profile? (I have the base program, chatter, AIRIO, and the supercarrier command set)

i have vaicom pro and AIRIO. I can't get jester to do anything other than tune the radio and tacan. he does that fine but when i look at the large list of commands, he ignores all the others.

when I run the speech training from the vaicom menu it regonises all my commands with 90% confidence or above, but when I disable training mode it can't figure out what I'm saying

EDIT: solved it. did not follow the FINISH steps on page 37 of the manual.

awesome program btw :)

Edited by Sceptre

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

While trying to get databases/commands updated I have mucked them up totally. I have updated to ver 2.8...22, but I don't have any commands available. How can I get an up-to-date command profile? (I have the base program, chatter, AIRIO, and the supercarrier command set)
I think this will do it.

Export configuration. Take note of destination. Reset database. Delete VAICOM profile from Voice Attack and import from export destination.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

It was not selected and now that it is everything is working normally. Thanks for the quick support.