VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Where is the option located?

For both of these is the 'Shortcut is invoked only when all buttons are released' option checked in the Select Joystick Buttons screen for the TX6 release action?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Where is the option located?

For both of these is the 'Shortcut is invoked only when all buttons are released' option checked in the Select Joystick Buttons screen for the TX6 release action?

In the VA main screen click the pencil next to the VAICOM profile name to bring up the profile edit window. Open the Push-to-talk section of the commands list and then double-click on the TX release option you wish to change. Click on the '...' button to the right of the When I press button and it is in the screen that will then appear

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I now have 876 key words and 73 commands. I used to have ?? keywords and 523 commands. I'm pretty sure that the number of keywords has increased, but the number of commands has decreased. Is there a way to PM this without dragging the whole thread along?

In the VA main screen click the pencil next to the VAICOM profile name to bring up the profile edit window. Open the Push-to-talk section of the commands list and then double-click on the TX release option you wish to change. Click on the '...' button to the right of the When I press button and it is in the screen that will then appear

Do you know why I am always having to reload and do the Finish process every time I start vaicom? Not a big deal and if I ignore it everything seems to work as it should. Is the profile being updated constantly?

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Hey guys, is there a reason the Kiss off, and Salute commands don't work despite being in the manual. I noticed they aren't in the command drop downs as well :(

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster TPR Pedels - TrackIR

Hey guys, is there a reason the Kiss off, and Salute commands don't work despite being in the manual. I noticed they aren't in the command drop downs as well :(
Try a database reset in VAICOM config (remember to back up any aliases you have created) and then use the FINISH button on the editor tab

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hi Guys,

in any modul - now testing the F-14 happened again - even if I assign comms menu to the TM HW throttle 4-way thumb switch, when I press it to bring up the Comms menu, nothing comes up. Moreover I need to press the key "" itself at least twice to bring it up.

In the F-18, samee thin with 2 positions of the 4-way thumb switch. FWD Comms1 - nothing, Down - Comms 2 - nothing, BACK - Comms menu appearing. After this, COMMS menu also comes up to FWD and DOWN again, as if nothing happened.

What am I missing?

THX

Hi Guys,

in any modul - now testing the F-14 happened again - even if I assign comms menu to the TM HW throttle 4-way thumb switch, when I press it to bring up the Comms menu, nothing comes up. Moreover I need to press the key "" itself at least twice to bring it up.

In the F-18, samee thin with 2 positions of the 4-way thumb switch. FWD Comms1 - nothing, Down - Comms 2 - nothing, BACK - Comms menu appearing. After this, COMMS menu also comes up to FWD and DOWN again, as if nothing happened.

What am I missing?

THX

Are you saying that you want the comms menu to appear at the same time as using VAICOM? If so, you shouldn't need to set the DCS comms menu. You can either say options and keep the PTT button pressed to show the menu or adjust the VAICOM options so that the menu shows (uncheck Disable menus on the Preferences tab)

Hi,

thanks for a quick reply. Disable menus box is not checked in VAICOM. I just want for instance have Ground Crew connect air and aux electricity or change weapons. How should I do that then? I tought I need to bring up comms menu (not COMMS1 and not COMMS2). Wrong?

UsIng TX5 should do this. Press and then say a command (e.g. Chief, Ground Power On)

Hi,

thanks for a quick reply. Disable menus box is not checked in VAICOM. I just want for instance have Ground Crew connect air and aux electricity or change weapons. How should I do that then? I tought I need to bring up comms menu (not COMMS1 and not COMMS2). Wrong?

Depending on the module, what radios and/or/no intercom. Use radio TX or intercom to have the crew do anything.

As you know, the whole point of VAICOM is to get rid of the COMMS menus.

"chief, connect airsupply", "chief, apply air" and "chief, connect ground power" are some of the commands.

IE. In the M2000 you have intercom, not in the Ka-50, but there you have radio, and in the A-4 you can shout with the canopy open.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Will we be able to select the jester wheel options with voice, via take 1, take 2 etc. or will we need to use the CTR & num combos?

Edit: never mind, i've just RTFM and found that it's the former. :)

Edited by Greyman

I try to reduce the times i have to look out from under my VR headset, so will be trying "Plan A" and not using the radial menu at all, but should my pronunciation go off a bit, courtesy of a beer or three, the 'take x' option will be next

Hi guys

Plugin 2.5.22 with AIRIO 2.5.9 is out! This includes P-47 support, various fixes, and for AIRIO backup access to the Jester wheel with the Options command ("Jester,.. Options").

Grtz

With Jester wheel back now VAICOM is perfect :):thumbup:

Does anyone know how to get the cockpit graphics back, in the DCS F1 view, as mine disappeared after making a selection on the Jester wheel?

I fly in VR and although the shadow of the aircraft was clearly visible on the tarmac, i was apparently floating above the runway.

Sometimes it goes back by itself and sometimes I have to use a joystick button for Lalt and f1.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Ya the menu wheel in VR is weird . You cant select with head movement and you are basically floating in space with no cockpit around.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

LAlt-F1 you mean?

Probably Thanks

I have been using DCS for years and have never even noticed that view, let alone used it. I guess i must have blindly pressed alt f1 when searching for ctrl 1, with my headset on. ;)

Salute was working for me, but it has stopped... maybe since last week’s patch.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

Did you find out how it works with SRS?

Sorry for taking so long to respond Tomeye....

Can’t get the switch command to be recognized, either. I do not want parallel broadcast in general, so this means the only way I can transmit over SRS with VAICOM running is to first use a valid VAICOM command and wait for the beep and then speak on SRS. If the VAICOM command isn’t accepted it will not allow me to transmit SRS. Instead, I have to try another VAICOM command. Grrrrr.... It seems to frequently not recognize my VAICOM command, probably because I am rushing it and didn’t really want to issue it in the first place, for example just to make a Fox call over SRS.

While I have struggled some with certain commands, it has never followed switch, so I really have no idea how it is supposed to behave.

The other thing I have an issue with is that I cannot figUse our how to turn off “chatter”. This is a cool idea I paid for, but in multiplayer it’s distracting for me and there doesn’t seem to be an option button for it.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

Sorry for taking so long to respond Tomeye....

Can’t get the switch command to be recognized, either. I do not want parallel broadcast in general, so this means the only way I can transmit over SRS with VAICOM running is to first use a valid VAICOM command and wait for the beep and then speak on SRS. If the VAICOM command isn’t accepted it will not allow me to transmit SRS. Instead, I have to try another VAICOM command. Grrrrr.... It seems to frequently not recognize my VAICOM command, probably because I am rushing it and didn’t really want to issue it in the first place, for example just to make a Fox call over SRS.

While I have struggled some with certain commands, it has never followed switch, so I really have no idea how it is supposed to behave.

The other thing I have an issue with is that I cannot figUse our how to turn off “chatter”. This is a cool idea I paid for, but in multiplayer it’s distracting for me and there doesn’t seem to be an option button for it.

Just say "chatter", and it stops or starts.

Also, you can configure it to not auto start in the control panel.

SRS I can't help you with, unfortunately.