VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hey guys, I still cannot get the "Kiss Off", and "Salute" functions. I've gone through updates and database and still nothing. What is a fix for this?

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster TPR Pedels - TrackIR

@Nagilem Thanks those log entries should be benign but we'll have a look.

Is there a fix for this issue yet?

i7 10700k @4.8GHz | Aurora GTX 3080 | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Pro 1Tb x 3 | Corsair 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

HP Reverb G2 | Vkb Gunfighter II MCG Pro Stick | Virpil T-50CM Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Custom built collective | 150 button custom cockpit with 3 x Cougar MFDs

Voice Attack Update

Please forgive me if this thread subject has already been bought up. I have just got back into using it, been through the update process and everything.

Anyway, i am requesting things from air traffic or ground crew, i am being met by no end response but VA is expecting another request. Am i missing something to end requests?

For example, Tower - low bleep, Request Start up - low bleep.....instead of high bleep to end transmission. VA is expecting another command.

Thanks in advance and sorry if it is a little long winded

Please forgive me if this thread subject has already been bought up. I have just got back into using it, been through the update process and everything.

Anyway, i am requesting things from air traffic or ground crew, i am being met by no end response but VA is expecting another request. Am i missing something to end requests?

For example, Tower - low bleep, Request Start up - low bleep.....instead of high bleep to end transmission. VA is expecting another command.

Thanks in advance and sorry if it is a little long winded

Which module?

Tuned radios correctly?

Easy Comms?

Altered the VAICOM profile to the new TX settings as of earlier this year?

What does VA log say?

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hi Max, thanks for the reply. I'm using the A-10C as it utilises all radios. Basically, I am having a bit of a problem with VA vs DCS with respect to Easy comms, if I select Easy Comms from the setting menu, it switches Easay comms off in game, but shows easy comms in VA. For each phrase I speak, say "Tower, Request Start Up", I get an awaiting additional input response after both instead of one awaiting additional response and one confirmation bleep, but in the VA log, it confirms both sets of words has been understood. Does that make sense? Also, in game, I only get the UHF radio showing as being operational, the other two are greyed out in VA. I've checked the settings in VA, redone the key combination selections, everything that has worked for me before, just doesn't seem to be working for me now..

Thanks for the advise, am ready to remove Viacom pro and just use settings that I have downloaded from ED user files....

Hello,

I have noticed something odd. I didn't use it for some weeks, and when I entered last time I updated the latest version of voice attack (1.8.6). After that the recognition of the VAICOM plugin is slow. Previously it was loading fast and the "beep" recognition was fast.

Now it takes up to 30 seconds "initializing.." to appear the "Plugin Vaicom pro 2.4 initialized"

Edited by Japo32

Hi Max, thanks for the reply. I'm using the A-10C as it utilises all radios. Basically, I am having a bit of a problem with VA vs DCS with respect to Easy comms, if I select Easy Comms from the setting menu, it switches Easay comms off in game, but shows easy comms in VA. For each phrase I speak, say "Tower, Request Start Up", I get an awaiting additional input response after both instead of one awaiting additional response and one confirmation bleep, but in the VA log, it confirms both sets of words has been understood. Does that make sense? Also, in game, I only get the UHF radio showing as being operational, the other two are greyed out in VA. I've checked the settings in VA, redone the key combination selections, everything that has worked for me before, just doesn't seem to be working for me now..

Thanks for the advise, am ready to remove Viacom pro and just use settings that I have downloaded from ED user files....

I have Easy Comms turned off in DCS. BUT VAICOM will show it as Easy Comms on, until I sit in the cockpit.

Does VAICOM show the A-10 module when your in the cockpit?

Also, have you tried manually setting the path to DCS install folders and select the Stable /Open Beta sliders? And/or tried registry repair?

I'm asking since you said you haven't used VAICOM for a while. And there has been some changes.

Apologies if you've already tried/done this.

Make sure you have changed/fixed the TX settings in the VAICOM profile in Voice Attack.

Make sure the custom path is set, and slider correct.

Close Voice Attack.

Run DCS repair.

Delete export.lua(s)

Start Voice Attack

Start DCS.

If any of the steps above are new for you or puzzles you. Just ask.

This usually fixes it for me. And I might have to do it after every DCS update, whether it's stable or OB. I have both.

Cheers

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hello,

I have noticed something odd. I didn't use it for some weeks, and when I entered last time I updated the latest version of voice attack (1.8.6). After that the recognition of the VAICOM plugin is slow. Previously it was loading fast and the "beep" recognition was fast.

Now it takes up to 30 seconds "initializing.." to appear the "Plugin Vaicom pro 2.4 initialized"

I am seeing the same thing

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

no recognition for any of the supercarrier commands "salute" "see you at ten"...etc, the classics commands works fine

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

no recognition for any of the supercarrier commands "salute" "see you at ten"...etc, the classics commands works fine
Has this worked for you before today's update?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I got this about two weeks ago and everything was working fine. Now, when I give a command, say one I created like pilot or labels which turns them on or off it works. But if I try using the Viacom messages, it is recognized, but the command isn't executed. Anyone have any ideas?

Has this worked for you before today's update?

Yes after the update the problem still there :(

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

I got this about two weeks ago and everything was working fine. Now, when I give a command, say one I created like pilot or labels which turns them on or off it works. But if I try using the Viacom messages, it is recognized, but the command isn't executed. Anyone have any ideas?
Which plane(s) are you trying, which version of DCS and what type of mission?

Yes after the update the problem still there :(
Which plane are you trying in?

Which plane(s) are you trying, which version of DCS and what type of mission?

I have tried on the F-5, F-16 and F-18. The module is showing up, but when I give it a command, it will recognize it. The will either do nothing or say waiting for response. I tried deleting the lua from the saved games like showed in the video. I have looked at everything I can think of. Again, my commands that I have put in there work. Just none of the Viacom ones do.

Which plane are you trying in?

F-18

I had the same. What I do (won't work for you in the moment), I keep a copy of a working voice attack / vaicom install. Had after the last update the problem that jester won't work any more, couldn't figure out why, replaced the broken install with the copy, updated and was back in business. Don't know why, but it works.

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

I was able to get my issue resolved. I had changed one of the PTT mappings in VA...don't remember doing it, but I must have. Changed it and for now, working correctly.

PTT mappings?

You must setup a Push-To-Talk (PTT) button. And, you need to select the correct radio before you transmit. I use simple communications, so I set VoiceAttack to always listen. I have a button mapped to 2. Which is the radio I set in the Viacom control panel. So, when I press the button it transmits on radio 2 and I get a response. Combined with DCLeap for hand & finger recognition, I get totally immersed.

Had a strange thing happen today when flying the F14. I have Hot Mic selected in Viacom Pro and when I said "Options" my cockpit disappeared and the Jester ring appeared (except there was no central Jester image and I could not manipulate the ring in any way). I pressed LALT and F1 and the cockpit reappeared.

This happened a couple of times.

Anyone had a similar occurrence and know how to fix it?

That's the backup Jester menu, for when you need it. It should only pop up with "Jester, Options" however, but once you have it, you can either use "Take 1", "Take 2" etc to select the option you want or the Ctrl + number keys, as with the main Jester Radial Menu.

The original radial menu is not accessible when using Vaicom, so Hollywood added this backup version.

Is Disable Menu working for you? I have the option enabled but the menus are still showing up. I'm in the latest beta of DCS.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria