VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Thanks Max. So, I followed all of those instructions, but still no luck. I am in IT, so this isn't something that is very difficult (meaning, I am pretty certain I follewed the steps correctly). I have attached a screenshot of the VA log. As you can see, it recognizes the request and issues the command, but DCS is not receiving it.

Also, oddly, I mapped "Communication Menu" to my HOTAS Throttle, but nothing comes up when I press it. It seems as though something is blocking communications with the AI.

I would appreciate any help on this!

POKDFUn.png

I uninstalled SRS and am still having the issue. Also, I hear a dull "bonk" sound after ending transmission. It's strange that VA commands which control the cockpit (e.g., "radar out", "gear up", etc) work fine, but Viacom commands do no work. And, I can no longer bring up the communications window...so I cannot fly with Viacom running at this point.

I uninstalled SRS and am still having the issue. Also, I hear a dull "bonk" sound after ending transmission. It's strange that VA commands which control the cockpit (e.g., "radar out", "gear up", etc) work fine, but Viacom commands do no work. And, I can no longer bring up the communications window...so I cannot fly with Viacom running at this point.
Actually, it's not strange that VA still works. This is by design. When you say I.E. "gear up", Voice Attack sees that "gear up" is not part of the VAICOM keywords list, and passes it to next enabled profile in the list, which means that VA sends a straight keyboard command to DCS. Which then works fine.

There is something else at play here. Quite sure you did the correct procedure as you already told me that the correct module is shown in the VAICOM control panel, and is working in SP.

Have you tried to DL the RIO addon as suggested by Hollywood? Even if you don't have the license?

As for the Radio menu, have you selected to hide it?

Also, which module are you using?

I'll try MP later today, just to see if I have a similar problem.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

And the "dull" confirmation can be disabled in the VA config, and since you hear it, that means you have setup a PTT button in VA. Not the same as any TX in VAICOM I gather. I did that mistake initially. No need for PTT to be setup in VA when using VAICOM.

Edited by MAXsenna
Spelling

Actually, it's not strange that VA still works. This is by design. When you say I.E. "gear up", Voice Attack sees that "gear up" is not part of the VAICOM keywords list, and passes it to next enabled profile in the list, which means that VA sends a straight keyboard command to DCS. Which then works fine.

There is something else at play here. Quite sure you did the correct procedure as you already told me that the correct module is shown in the VAICOM control panel, and is working in SP.

Have you tried to DL the RIO addon as suggested by Hollywood? Even if you don't have the license?

Thanks so much for helping! I do have AIRIO (and its licensed). I have it enabled with "Show Messages" also checked. Hints Only and ICS Hot Mic are not checked.

Also, I have just confirmed again that everything works fine in SP, just not MP.

Tested MP now. Works. Though I had initially de-selected MP support. But the log told me immediately, so just checked the option, and worked straight away. No restart of VA needed.

But your log didn't show that, so I'm pretty sure you have it enabled.

I have similar if not the same issue but without the SRS concern.SP works excellent but on some MP servers i cannot make refueling window to show.Also options command does not show comms menu.Its strange that on some servers works fine and some does not.Airplane Module on the ptt page is recognized only in SP and on the MP srevers that works.I dont know how to troubleshoot if it has something to do with easycomm server settings.Workaround suggested by MAXsenna doesn't work for me.I try several times.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

So I play little bit more and i found out that on mp servers that does not work when i change to different module and different slot ptt window recognizes previously selected module and shows rearming window for it once i press fly button.

So I play little bit more and i found out that on mp servers that does not work when i change to different module and different slot ptt window recognizes previously selected module and shows rearming window for it once i press fly button.

So. If I understand you correctly. At first it doesn't work. But then you change to another slot/module, and then the re-arming window pops up, and the incorrect module is shown in the control panel? Like it's delayed or something?

So. If I understand you correctly. At first it doesn't work. But then you change to another slot/module, and then the re-arming window pops up, and the incorrect module is shown in the control panel? Like it's delayed or something?

Exactly.But it doesn't seems to work every time like that.I didn't play online for a while so i will try revert dcs version and see if its latest beta that messed up something.

Maybe you guys should start a new thread. This sounds like one issue I have with certain modules in SP. Which module(s) are you flying BTW?

I didn't try all of them but the ones i did are a10,f5,f16.

I didn't try all of them but the ones i did are a10,f5,f16.

Okay thanks. Don't think I've had problems with those in SP, and the F-16 was the one I tested yesterday. If I have time I'll test the other two in MP later today.

Can you do me a favour? As a test, try to bring up the the re-arming window, and when it doesn't display, try the keyboard shortcut for the radio menu a couple of times. (Make sure that menus aren't hidden in the VAICOM settings though).

That's the issue I have in SP. It seems there is some delay in the communication between VAICOM and DCS, that gets sorted when I force the menu up. And since VAICOM uses network to send commands, and not keyboard shortcuts. Could it actually be a network issue, since you guys experience problems in MP?

Just a thought.

Okay thanks. Don't think I've had problems with those in SP, and the F-16 was the one I tested yesterday. If I have time I'll test the other two in MP later today.

Can you do me a favour? As a test, try to bring up the the re-arming window, and when it doesn't display, try the keyboard shortcut for the radio menu a couple of times. (Make sure that menus aren't hidden in the VAICOM settings though).

That's the issue I have in SP. It seems there is some delay in the communication between VAICOM and DCS, that gets sorted when I force the menu up. And since VAICOM uses network to send commands, and not keyboard shortcuts. Could it actually be a network issue, since you guys experience problems in MP?

Just a thought.

You are absolutely right that it should be network issue.I prepared myself for another day of troubleshooting this.Without touching anything since yeasterday i sit down and decided to give a try to what you suggested. But today same server same plane and EVERYTHING WORKS perfectly fine. I am not absolutely sure but i think the only change was server version.Do you know if that network problem is on my side of the cable and can i do something in the future if that problem happens again.Thank you MAXsenna for your help.

You are absolutely right that it should be network issue.I prepared myself for another day of troubleshooting this.Without touching anything since yeasterday i sit down and decided to give a try to what you suggested. But today same server same plane and EVERYTHING WORKS perfectly fine. I am not absolutely sure but i think the only change was server version.Do you know if that network problem is on my side of the cable and can i do something in the future if that problem happens again.Thank you MAXsenna for your help.

Really? Go figure! Well, glad it works again.

What I'm pretty sure of, is that it's not your Internet connection. I haven't dabbled to much in MP. And I only had issues in SP. So my theory is that the communication between VAICOM and DCS sometimes gets delayed, or rather qeued by DCS itself. Like a buffer that gets filled and can't clear, because the "door" is locked. But then, I force the radio menu with DCS commands, it's like the door gets opened, and all the VAICOM commands gets processed. I don't know, but this is what it feels like. And since you guys have issues in MP, maybe it's related. It's not that long ago MP stopped working for some people with disabled IPv6.

What I'm 100 percent sure of though, is that Hollywood can reproduce and get enough clues to what's happening, it will be sorted ASAP!

Cheers, happy flying!

Just a thought.

Just to summarize. I try different servers.So still some works some doesn't but your workaround works for me on every module and every server i tried. Thanks.

Just to summarize. I try different servers.So still some works some doesn't but your workaround works for me on every module and every server i tried. Thanks.

Just to be clear. By work around. Do you mean hitting the DCS radio menu keyboard shortcuts, and that makes the VAICOM commands work if they are like queued up?

Just to be clear. By work around. Do you mean hitting the DCS radio menu keyboard shortcuts, and that makes the VAICOM commands work if they are like queued up?

Yes.But i should be using keyboard shortcut every time after I use a command .Otherwise "the door is locked" .

Yes.But i should be using keyboard shortcut every time after I use a command .Otherwise "the door is locked" .

This is very interesting, as I've said. This is exactly what happens in some modules (primarily the Ka-50) in single player.

Do you have issues with the Options menu/commands as well?

This is very interesting, as I've said. This is exactly what happens in some modules (primarily the Ka-50) in single player.

Do you have issues with the Options menu/commands as well?

Yes.It misbehave for rearming window and options menu.I did not go further than that.But i try most of the modules and its all the same.It is strange that it didn't work on one server yesterday but today it does.Maybe it some server setting but this is beyond me.SP is flawless.

Yes.It misbehave for rearming window and options menu.I did not go further than that.But i try most of the modules and its all the same.It is strange that it didn't work on one server yesterday but today it does.Maybe it some server setting but this is beyond me.SP is flawless.

Cool! SP works mostly flawless for me too, but some modules behaves strange.

Well. We'll just have to wait and see.

Cheers!

Hello,

It appears that VAICOM makes the Communications menu automatically flicker on and off in 3D while this has been set to off in the settings. I frequently notice this in OpenBeta in Multiplayer, directly after when spawned in 3D cockpit. It is like this "hide comms menu" feature is not working anymore.

Once VAICOM (and VA) is closed, the flicker stops in 3D. I can not use VAICOM like this, because it is too distracting for me.

Has anybody experienced and/or reported this?

I did not test this in singleplayer.

Thanks, Scuby

| AMD RYZEN 5900X | INNO3D RTX 4080 ICHILL | G.SKILL 3200-C14 32GB | ASUS X570-E GAMING | LG 27GP850 2K/QHD |
| TM HOTAS COUGAR | VPC WARBRD BASE | MFG CROSSWIND V2 | G.TRIX JETSEAT KW908 | HP REVERB G2 |

YouTube: ScubyFlying

Hello,

It appears that VAICOM makes the Communications menu automatically flicker on and off in 3D while this has been set to off in the settings. I frequently notice this in OpenBeta in Multiplayer, directly after when spawned in 3D cockpit. It is like this "hide comms menu" feature is not working anymore.

Once VAICOM (and VA) is closed, the flicker stops in 3D. I can not use VAICOM like this, because it is too distracting for me.

Has anybody experienced and/or reported this?

I did not test this in singleplayer.

Thanks, Scuby

It's usually the export.lua issue. Have you tried the fix? (post #5796). Usually solves it.

Cheers!

Is there a way to have Vaicom do certain actions for me in the F-16 such as:

"Push comm 1 button 1"

or "Push TACAN 55x Air to Air"

And if so, how would I go about doing it? I've checked the manual, but the only references I can find related to TACAN are for AI RIO/Jester.

Edit: I know I can do "Select Channel 4," but that won't change what SRS currently set to. I can also do "Select 327.00," and that will change SRS, but I want to create something where I can just name the preset and have it work for SRS as well.

Edited by AlexCaboose