VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Per the manual, VAICOMPRO only supports hot mic for ARIO (Jester). You must use PTT for all other VAICOM PRO commands. This is true even if you have the hot release button selected on the PTT page. According to the manual, that is there to enable you to activate your own commands, and "All VAICOM PRO communications commands still require PTT to be used."

Hey. I just want it to work like it did before I deleted the file to try and fix the comms bug. Not trying to do anything new or special. I used to be able to talk to Jester on openmic, now mic doesn't stay open.

Which modules are people trying in and are they ED supplied missions (if not, what missions are they)?

Just trying to spot if there is any common pattern

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

I using the F/A-18 module. I've tried both the Instant Missions and ones Ive created in ME.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having issues with the "switch" command while also running SRS. For example, if human players are dialed into the same frequency as an airfield, how can I talk to the other humans? When I first hit the PTT, it listens for a command to the airfield, such as "Inbound", and after it recognizes it, it gives me a tone and then anything I say after that can be heard by the other humans.

However, how can I talk directly to the humans on that channel without issuing a command to the AI airfield first? I thought it would be as simple as hitting the PTT, then saying "switch", but that does not work.

TIA,

-GT-

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

I'm having issues with the "switch" command while also running SRS...

The way you describe it is how it is supposed to work, yes. If you use the broadcast parallel mode instead, does your SRS then work? If yes, then maybe you need to refresh your keywords for the switch function to work? If no, then the problem maybe lies in your settings for srs' integration and not the switch function itself?

Hey everyone. I’m running into the same issue where VA will at times work and then stop. It will also Close automatically. May I ask you if any or all of you are using Skatezilla DCS utility to start it automatically? It seems that as sonnnas I did that this mess started to happen.

Wood

I use Skatezilla‘s tool to start DCS, but I also wrote a custom .cmd (PowerShell) script to start VoiceAttack/VAICOM, which runs as Admin. VAICOM, CTDs very infrequently, but it does happen. :cry: Overall everything works just fine.

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelgrave View Post

Hi

I use VoiceAttack in conjunction with Vaicom in DCS (all addons installed) - mostly for commands to Jester.

A while back I had this issue where VA would continuously stop listening. After some googling I found that it was Sonic Studio - stopped that and all was well - uninstalled it for good measure :-p

What I also noticed was that while I was using VA in DCS the comms menu would keep popping up and disappearing. Googled the issue and one of the steps recommended was deleting an export.lua file. That resolved the comms menu popup, but now the "listening suspended" issue is back.

All seems to work fine until I'm loaded into my plane at which point VA gives the red disable icon over the headset icon and the log says "listening suspended". This never used to be an issue before I deleted the export file.

No more Sonic Studio or the MSI software mentioned, so not sure what is causing this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Any advice for me?

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelgrave View Post

Hi

I use VoiceAttack in conjunction with Vaicom in DCS (all addons installed) - mostly for commands to Jester.

A while back I had this issue where VA would continuously stop listening. After some googling I found that it was Sonic Studio - stopped that and all was well - uninstalled it for good measure :-p

What I also noticed was that while I was using VA in DCS the comms menu would keep popping up and disappearing. Googled the issue and one of the steps recommended was deleting an export.lua file. That resolved the comms menu popup, but now the "listening suspended" issue is back.

All seems to work fine until I'm loaded into my plane at which point VA gives the red disable icon over the headset icon and the log says "listening suspended". This never used to be an issue before I deleted the export file.

No more Sonic Studio or the MSI software mentioned, so not sure what is causing this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Any advice for me?

Is ICS Hot Mic enabled on the EX tab in Vaicom config?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Which modules are people trying in and are they ED supplied missions (if not, what missions are they)?

Just trying to spot if there is any common pattern

I am using the F16,F18 in User built mission and canned mission from ED..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Been having trouble with VAICOM and AIRIO for a month or so now. AI RIO won't recognize link hosts and now voice commands to wingmen are not being recognized in either the Hornet or Tomcat.

Reading through the manual, it says a possible fix is to delete the export.lua file. Going into the Saved Games folder, there is a scripts folder, inside which there is a file with this name. There is also a VAICOMPRO folder with a file inside it called VAICOMPRO.Export.lua. Which of these files is the one you are supposed to delete?

Thanks.

Is there a way to dial back AIRIO and Chatter? I purchased the licenses, however I don't want to use them as I'm only in MP in a single-seater. I've reinstalled Vaicom without them, however I keep getting the "do you want to upgrade prompts".

Sorry if the answer is buried somewhere, I haven't been able to find it.

TIA

Rix

4090 - 5800X3D - Aero

Been having trouble with VAICOM and AIRIO for a month or so now. AI RIO won't recognize link hosts and now voice commands to wingmen are not being recognized in either the Hornet or Tomcat.

Reading through the manual, it says a possible fix is to delete the export.lua file. Going into the Saved Games folder, there is a scripts folder, inside which there is a file with this name. There is also a VAICOMPRO folder with a file inside it called VAICOMPRO.Export.lua. Which of these files is the one you are supposed to delete?

Thanks.

The first one (export.lua)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Has anyone got Vaicom working smoothly on the latest stable release? (Just trying to figure out if the issues are fixable or whether we need to wait for a patch)?

Which issues - mine seems OK on OB which should be the same as stable at the moment

Is there a way to dial back AIRIO and Chatter? I purchased the licenses, however I don't want to use them as I'm only in MP in a single-seater. I've reinstalled Vaicom without them, however I keep getting the "do you want to upgrade prompts".

Sorry if the answer is buried somewhere, I haven't been able to find it.

TIA

if you still have your licence key information then I think you just need to reset the licence data on the Reset tab and re-enter the licences for what you want to use

Well, deleting the export lua did nothing. I'm at a loss here. :(
Do you get a beep from Vaicom and any text in the top left corner (unless you have disabled this)

Do you get a beep from Vaicom and any text in the top left corner (unless you have disabled this)

Trying to issue wingman commands, I get sort of a muted 'mike flash' kind of sound, and no text of any kind. It's the same thing that happens when it's working and you try to issue a command to a wingman who has been shot down or destroyed, like there is nobody to talk to.

The link host deal with AIRIO has me stumped as well. AIRIO seems to be working okay except for this one thing. If I go 'link host' to see choices, it doesn't list any. It's as if it's not seeing the ships and awacs available for link.

Does it matter which frequencies you set in the ME? I don't use the default ones that pop up with any of the units.

Trying to issue wingman commands, I get sort of a muted 'mike flash' kind of sound, and no text of any kind. It's the same thing that happens when it's working and you try to issue a command to a wingman who has been shot down or destroyed, like there is nobody to talk to.

The link host deal with AIRIO has me stumped as well. AIRIO seems to be working okay except for this one thing. If I go 'link host' to see choices, it doesn't list any. It's as if it's not seeing the ships and awacs available for link.

Does it matter which frequencies you set in the ME? I don't use the default ones that pop up with any of the units.

This is happening the same way for me...

Is ICS Hot Mic enabled on the EX tab in Vaicom config?

Hey there.

It's not that the comms don't work, cause it does for a short period of time. So even with AIRIO turned off, I load into the plane. I can maybe get one or two commands to Jester and then Voiceattack turns to "Stop Listening". I can turn it on, and maybe it stays on for a while, but then goes back to "Stop Listening".

I don't think it is a setting, as mentioned I had something similar before which was caused by software called Sonic Studio. Now since deleting the file mentioned in my previous post, the issue is back.

What other software are you now running?

Does it work until you use PTT to talk to ATC, another plane etc., or does it just stop regardless?

If the latter, it might be a VA problem and their Discord might be a good place to ask

Does it work until you use PTT to talk to ATC, another plane etc., or does it just stop regardless?

If the latter, it might be a VA problem and their Discord might be a good place to ask

Hey there - I started there, and they sent me here for support as they said it was a known issue with something interfering. There was no other software that I could detect, which is why I came here to see if somebody could help me figure it out.

Out of sheer desperation, I again deleted the export file (which I had done before) - now it works ... so yayz ...

Thanks for trying to help though.

It seems to not work at all for me. I hit PTT and say Chief, pause, and then give my command but it doesn't process and perform. After the first one, I never get the second beep. Although, my own commands outside of VAICOM work just fine consistently.

In regards to deleting the export.lua file - has anyone actually done a comparison of the before and after changes to exports.lua so we can know exactly what's causing these issues? ie - is it a hidden symbol/character, or an actual change in the file, or is the file identical, but it's an attribute/permission issue that changes on the file, etc?

Well I figured it out I had some things wrong and I did not have the AIRIO File in the Extensions folder plus the profile for Voice attack was all corrupted or something.. I just reset everything and it works again..

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2