VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

If I try the "TX-1" which is bound on my warthog throttle... I only occasionally get a 'beep'

I feel I've had this issue before with the F14 (mic switch flicking on and off), but it is far more extreme considering I can't get any response.

Other aircraft "Sort of" had this issue for me. I've tried separating SRS from Vaicom in the hopes I could make a PTT for Vaicom alone... but I'm still getting some odd issues

I don't run SRS so cannot really help on that issue, but I do use a Warthog throttle and the Mig 21 so will jump on this later and see how it works for me (I haven't flown it recently). Are there any entries in the VA log when you don't get beeps (it might help to turn on debug in the VAICOM config screens to see if this gives any clue)?

Edit: I have now tried my Mig 21 and it worked fine for me so at least we can discount there being a fundamental problem between the module and Vaicom. Have you tried contacting @Hollywood_315

directly to see if he has any ideas?

Edited by hornblower793

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

To Hornblower 793. The solution re the airio dll worked perfectly thanks so much

My pleasure - enjoy the flight:thumbup:

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

NVM It looks like button 4 on my warthog isn't making good contact. I'll have to open it up and see if I can't fix it.

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

I'm having issues with the "switch" command while also running SRS. For example, if human players are dialed into the same frequency as an airfield, how can I talk to the other humans? When I first hit the PTT, it listens for a command to the airfield, such as "Inbound", and after it recognizes it, it gives me a tone and then anything I say after that can be heard by the other humans.

However, how can I talk directly to the humans on that channel without issuing a command to the AI airfield first? I thought it would be as simple as hitting the PTT, then saying "switch", but that does not work.

TIA,

-GT-

Hi, still having issues with this after trying all the suggestions. Can anyone share screenshots of their settings? I'm using the same PTT for SRS and ViaCom. If there is an AI on the frequency, I'm able to communicate with it just fine. If there is no AI on the freq. I hear the switch tone immediately when hitting the PTT and am able to talk to other humans just fine. The issue still exists where I have mixed AI and humans on same freq. I will hear the switch tone only after issuing a command to the AI. The desired behavior is to hit the PTT, immediately say "switch" then hear the tone and speak to a human without interacting with the AI. I can't get this working properly.

Also, new issue that used to work for me but no longer does: When I say "options", the menu pops up as desired, but when I say "Take 5" or "Take 10", etc, no command is issued and I am not able to interact with the menu. Not sure why this suddenly stopped working.

Thanks!

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

I don't know about SRS, but for the last issue of not being able to use the Take commands, try installing the AIRIO dll in the extensions folder under VAICOMPRO - you do not need to buy the AIRIO extension. This should be fixed in the next release of Vaicom which @Hollywood_315 is hoping to release by the end of the month

Hi Tomactters,

Is it possible to ask Jester via AIRIO to tune the radio to preset channels? I have found that the frequencies can be asked manually (verbally) but I could not find out how to ask Jester to set a preset channel. What is the syntax, if there is any?

Thanks for your help!

Stag1978

Hi everyone so my issue is that for some reason the command "Tacan Tune Yankee/X-ray [0..9][0..9][0..9] has just stopped working all other commands are working well, even Jester Radio Tune works. I have deleted the export.lua and copied the AIRIO.dll file and still it does not work. I have then tried using the new Jester,..Option and this brings up the Jester wheel outside of the jet (not sure if that's meant to work like that) but i have no idea how it works, I can go into the options to a certain level but then it doesn't allow me to select further options. Any suggestions are welcome and thanks in advance.

Capture.PNG.89828fb2603ed4aa37ddd78b3b933445.PNG

Capture.thumb.PNG.5a6fe422ecf4c1154c536df79b4e976c.PNG

So I bought multiple licences a few months ago. Recently, I wiped my windows and therefore vaicompro and everythign related to it, too. Now I cant activate my licences.

I deleted the emails some times ago but still have got the bills from paypal.

I sent an email to the vaicom support but dont get any answer or help from them.

I'm currently pretty disappointed.

So I bought multiple licences a few months ago. Recently, I wiped my windows and therefore vaicompro and everythign related to it, too. Now I cant activate my licences.

I deleted the emails some times ago but still have got the bills from paypal.

I sent an email to the vaicom support but dont get any answer or help from them.

I'm currently pretty disappointed.

@Hollywood_315 will reply - give him time

Away from PC - sent using Tapatalk

Hi everyone so my issue is that for some reason the command "Tacan Tune Yankee/X-ray [0..9][0..9][0..9] has just stopped working all other commands are working well, even Jester Radio Tune works. I have deleted the export.lua and copied the AIRIO.dll file and still it does not work. I have then tried using the new Jester,..Option and this brings up the Jester wheel outside of the jet (not sure if that's meant to work like that) but i have no idea how it works, I can go into the options to a certain level but then it doesn't allow me to select further options. Any suggestions are welcome and thanks in advance.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Capture.PNG","data-attachmentid":7116926}[/ATTACH]

Ok so its something in my saved games dcs folder. I just renamed the folder to DCS.openbeta.old started up DCS and the command works, so what in that folder could cause this issue with Viacom Pro?

Ok so its something in my saved games dcs folder. I just renamed the folder to DCS.openbeta.old started up DCS and the command works, so what in that folder could cause this issue with Viacom Pro?

The scripts folder probably - you have Export.lua and Vaicompro.export.lua in there

The scripts folder probably - you have Export.lua and Vaicompro.export.lua in there

So I eventually worked it out. I started using a CMS Dice mod by Baily very nice mod (https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312680/) and it seems that his mod for some reason or a other affects that one voice command. I literally set my saved games Openbeta folder back to default and copied each folder back while testing and it was his mod. It would have made more sense to work backwards I suppose but this was more fun :). Anyways I have reported it to him in his discord so I will wait to see if he can fix it.

In Vaicom Pro my keywoard list just has got about 10 words in it. Where is everything else? I remember when I first use it, it has every single command in it.

Have you re-registered the licences? Is the list of 10 words in the VA profile list (the pencil next to the VAICOM profile in VA) or in the VAICOM config?

Can you use the same radio buttons for voice / vaicom and dcs? I have noticed that now the actions of the f10 menu only work with the voice and not clicking ...

Can you be more specific about what you mean by "radio buttons?" The F10 menus still work for me using a mouse or function keys..

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

@Hollywood_315

I was reading the online PDF and saw the bit about the Kneeboard expansion on page 43. Any ETA on when this will be released?

Today:) - new version is available for manual download and install from the Vaicom website. You will need to purchase the Kneeboard Extension licence to use the interactive kneeboard. I can confirm that the new version works with A10C II HAWG and TUSK callsigns, so assume the other pig ones will work as well

Today:) - new version is available for manual download and install from the Vaicom website. You will need to purchase the Kneeboard Extension licence to use the interactive kneeboard. I can confirm that the new version works with A10C II HAWG and TUSK callsigns, so assume the other pig ones will work as well

You don't realise what you've got until it's gone. I've missed Vaicom.

Sorry, I guess I'm dense, but I'm not seeing it on the downloads page of the website. OFC, I'm also not seeing the Realistic ATC extension either, which I know is released because I have it.

EDIT: NVM, found it on the licenses page. :doh:

Does viacom support the Skyhawk A4e?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Does viacom support the Skyhawk A4e?

I see no reason why not. VAICOM interfaces directly with DCS and not the module (exception: F-14 which is what AI RIO is for). VAICOM is mostly used for comms, which is straight DCS. I'll give it a try to be sure, though. You should be able to test it with free VAICOM.

from the FAQ page

Q: Can I use it with my favourite DCS module?

A: Yes. The FREE version supports a specific range of DCS aircraft. The PRO version works with all DCS modules including future aircraft module releases. Refer to the Features page to see the supported modules listing.

EDIT: While the A-4 doesn't use radio comms, I just confirmed that VAICOM works with the ground crew interaction. I just used it to place/remove wheelchocks and rearm.